RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Me and kittens.
MorikoMisa Offline
Fanatic

Given 3 thank(s) in 3 post(s)
Me and kittens.

Before someone says that this should be in random, or general talk, or appreciation, it shouldn't. This is truly something I've found brainexploding, and worthy of deep thought.

I have this deep connection with cats, always have ever since I was little. I would collect stuffed animals of them, meow like them, I even went around on all fours, not to mention I had (And still have) a tendency to eat cat treats when no one is around. (One time at a sleepover someone tried one and threw up, I was the only one out of three girls able to keep them down, I never told them that I had been eating them for years.)

My first pet was a dog, but I can't remember him (My brother is actually named after him, he was a German Shepard.) so in my memories my first pet was and is Buttons, an orange tabby who currently is old, drooly and losing his fur, I'm going to miss him. I've lost three cats so far in my lifetime, Fritz, Spooky and Sheba. I can't remember Sheba, but i can remember the other two so well. Spooky used to sit on the table in the kitchen and survey the surroundings, Fritz had to be put to sleep because he couldn't control his body.

Now about 12 years later from when i can remember my first cat experience I've come to realize how deep my connection goes. Wherever I am I am able to befriend cats, the most feral of them will still run from me, but I am able to get closer than other people and able to hold a staring contest with them. The kitties in the garage behind this one restaurant know to expect leftovers from me, petting and even blankets if I can steal them from the laundry room. The cats in my house know that they have it good and are so unique that no other cat could replace any of them. Each cat i meet holds some sort of special place in my heart.

Rosie has always been my princess, I got her when Buttons ran away for a bit...we thought he had gone away forever...anyways she is the princess, she's fallen down ladders and stairs and is missing all of her fangs.

Buttons is the oldest, I've already mentioned him. He drools, he has an allergy to lactose and he always gets to eat first from the food bowl.

PJ is the burn-victim, his last owner set him ablaze and he has burn scars on his lower back (Now just covered by his long black fur, but if you brush it slightly you can see the bald patch.), he carries a very human air around him, deep green eyes and always there when you're sick.

Tora, the fattest kitty I've ever had, meows like a kitten and is often mistaken for a girl because of his beautiful colouring. (Gray with tan and black tabby, long fur.)

And Bones, the youngest of them all gotten from the garage behind some restaurant, very sweet, but VERY annoying at times. 'Bones go away, go awa--no that's MY keyboard...get of now.'

Being kicked upstairs, I shall post the rest of my thinking soon.

*SPARKLING* *DOUCHEBUCKETS.*
07-29-2010 06:44 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Given 80 thank(s) in 73 post(s)
Re: Me and kittens.

This is heartwarming, and full of animalistic wisdom. Uhoh

When I was younger I actually tried the dog bacon strips which wasn't that bad compared to my grandmas cooking.

[Image: WARZONES_subs_hostility.png]
image hosting jpg
07-29-2010 07:20 AM
MorikoMisa Offline
Fanatic

So anyway to my original train of thought. I was sitting on the porch swing and recently four cats moved into our yard from the barn nearby (The mom and her three kittens.) So the black and white one, known as Xiao Mei (Shao May.), sort of rolls around here and there and I pick him up, lately he's let me pick him up so that's no surprise. Hoping for the best I place him next to me on the porch swing, fully expecting him to run away as usual, but instead he lays down next to me, rests his chin on my thigh and purrs as I pet him. He even rolled onto his back and patted at my hands lightly as I tried to poke his tummy.

It was a heart touching moment, never has a wild kitten done such a thing...Dad doesn't want to let them stay, but there's no way in hell that I'm letting their sweetie of a momma and Xiao leave me...the other two kittens can run off if they need to, but Xiao STAYS.

07-29-2010 07:21 AM
Cilaos Offline
Fanatic

Given 18 thank(s) in 15 post(s)

I remember these dried meat stick things I used to have for my dog, always thought they kinda smelled good.

Hey, my cat-hating grandma finally caved and let me and my brother get cats!
Both kittens from the litter my mom's cat had a few months ago, mine is a calico I named Samhain, and my brother's is a male mackerel tabby named Snake.

Snake is calm and laid back, but Samhain is curious and climbs everywhere, but they both love sleeping in my lap (or just my computer chair if I get up) more than anything else

I AM A THIEF IN THE NIGHT I WILL SAVE AS MANY AS I CAN

I KEEP THEM IN MY BASEMENT

I TELL THEM I AM THEIR MOMMY NOW
07-29-2010 09:14 AM
MorikoMisa Offline
Fanatic

HeartofShadows Wrote:This is heartwarming, and full of animalistic wisdom. Uhoh

When I was younger I actually tried the dog bacon strips which wasn't that bad compared to my grandmas cooking.
I lol'd, cat treats are better than my grandma's ooking, yet she bakes so well...it's baffleing.

Zherneboh Wrote:I remember these dried meat stick things I used to have for my dog, always thought they kinda smelled good.

Hey, my cat-hating grandma finally caved and let me and my brother get cats!
Both kittens from the litter my mom's cat had a few months ago, mine is a calico I named Samhain, and my brother's is a male mackerel tabby named Snake.

Snake is calm and laid back, but Samhain is curious and climbs everywhere, but they both love sleeping in my lap (or just my computer chair if I get up) more than anything else
Daaaaw kitties nyaaaa~ Dog treats have much less taste than most cat treats, or the kinds I've had at least. The other two kittens look almost exactly like the mom, but one has a big orange mark over one eye. (They've been named Zuko and Azula.) But Xiao is mine, he cuddled up to me again when my mom and brother were sitting next to me...it's like when I first met Bones.

07-29-2010 01:06 PM
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

Given 28 thank(s) in 25 post(s)

I'm like that with dogs. I've always loved them. Though, that one dog I had, (Ben) I hated. But I look back now and realize that it wasn't his fault he growled at me every time I walked by. We apparently used to be very close, but then he got a fever and went insane. He had markings like a German Shepard, but his hair was so puffy, it was cute. He would always steal Simba's food. Simba's an idiot sometimes, but not the annoying kind, the really cute kind. Like that one time he thought he was going to be all tough and growl at this cat, the cat scratched him and he went "YIPE" and ran away. It was lulzy as all hell. Now the new one, Saxon, is being retarded. He broke my Xbox, he makes Simba fall all the time. Grr. But he still adores me, even though I kicked the fucker quite a few times. (When something hurts MY dog, I go off. My dad's dog can go fuck itself.) Sure, he's adorable when he isn't trying to kill my dog, but until he learns that Simba's too old for this shit, I'm going to be pissed at him.

Once, I was over at my friend's grandma's house, and my friend warned me that the dog runs away from everyone that isn't part of the family. I walk in, and the dog comes running at my feet. It didn't last long, but then, that night, we were watching Howls Moving Castle, and she sat on my lap. They were freaking out. That happens a lot, now that I think of it... Once, I went inside this one lady's house, and she was all, "watch out! They bite." They came up and licked my hand and let me pet them. Aside from the neighbor dogs, I've never seen a dog hate me (Those neighbors are all fucking evil, so that doesn't count)

[Image: True-Blood-Banner-true-blood-2196368-500-82.jpg]
Faith o' Meter
-{|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||}-
Quote:Riddle me this, riddle me that. Give me a straight answer, you pain in the ass cat.
07-29-2010 01:25 PM
MorikoMisa Offline
Fanatic

Crayola gets the doggies, but I call the pussies!
For some reason I just thought of the worst animal to have a weird connection with...a giant horny goat...

07-29-2010 01:57 PM
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

MorikoMisa Wrote:Crayola gets the doggies, but I call the pussies!
For some reason I just thought of the worst animal to have a weird connection with...a giant horny goat...
D:

Faith o' Meter
Quote:Riddle me this, riddle me that. Give me a straight answer, you pain in the ass cat.
07-29-2010 02:05 PM
KittyKatBlack Offline
Resident Brony

Given 12 thank(s) in 6 post(s)

MorikoMisa Wrote:For some reason I just thought of the worst animal to have a weird connection with...a giant horny goat...
I have, unfortunately, had some experience with a horny goat.

I've always wondered what my dog's bacon treats tasted like. They smell like the deer jerky my grandpa used to make, but I've never been brave enough to taste it. Don't they use human taste testers for pet treats and food?

Cats usually like me. If I can get close to a stray, especially if I have food, then I can make them like me.

I don't know many dogs besides the ones in my family, though. The last dog I was unacquainted with bit my finger. The owner lied about its nature, though. We were told it was being abused by her son but when we got there it was fine. It was supposed to be a sweetheart, but it snapped at me a few times while at the same time jumping on my leg, acting as if it wanted to play. Come to think of it, my grandpa's dog didn't like me much, either. It was fine with me for a while, but then one day whenever I would come around it would bark and growl at me.
07-29-2010 02:36 PM
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

I still say dogs like me because I look like a poodle Laugh

Faith o' Meter
07-29-2010 02:38 PM
Zstriker Offline
Revolutionary

Heh... you're not the only one. My hair curls on top the same as my friend's poodle. It's funny, until I realize that my hair and the poodle's feel the same, too.

*Insert awesome signature here*
Goingcrazy
"You can fight with only 2 things, your wits and your weapons."-Zach Eckard
Soldier1-"Remember the Alamo!"
Soldier2-"Didn't everyone die at the Alamo?"
Soldier1-"Don't remember that part!"
07-29-2010 07:02 PM
The Desert Fox Offline
Waging war with conviction

Given 102 thank(s) in 75 post(s)

CrayolaColours Wrote:but until he learns that Simba's gettin' too old for this horse shit, I'm going to be pissed at him.
Fix'd.

Hidden stuff:
(11-27-2011 01:00 PM)psychopath Wrote:  
(11-27-2011 10:52 AM)Efs Wrote:  Our Army is more professional than Amerika. Smile
Except ours isn't allowed to have guns
CrayolaColours Wrote:That post owned. TDF wins post of the year.
Faby Wrote:
krissy Wrote:dessert fox
Mmm, flambéed vulpine.
"There is no enemy, there is no victory, only boys who lost their lives in the sand."
[/center]
07-29-2010 08:43 PM
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

Given 50 thank(s) in 38 post(s)

fffuuu i wish i had pets :(
07-29-2010 09:18 PM
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

BaronVonStrangle Wrote:fffuuu i wish i had pets :(
[Image: zombie-cat.jpg]
Thar you go!

Faith o' Meter
07-30-2010 12:24 AM
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

Given 50 thank(s) in 38 post(s)

but that kitty is possesed by cthulu
07-30-2010 02:08 AM
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

DEAL. I think it's cute. Razz

Faith o' Meter
07-30-2010 04:24 AM
MorikoMisa Offline
Fanatic

It's adorable!

07-30-2010 08:27 AM
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

It wants a hug...

Faith o' Meter
07-30-2010 08:42 AM
Zstriker Offline
Revolutionary

Have fun with that.

*Insert awesome signature here*
Goingcrazy
"You can fight with only 2 things, your wits and your weapons."-Zach Eckard
Soldier1-"Remember the Alamo!"
Soldier2-"Didn't everyone die at the Alamo?"
Soldier1-"Don't remember that part!"
07-30-2010 09:15 AM
MorikoMisa Offline
Fanatic

*Hugs kitten*

07-30-2010 09:53 AM
monkey Away
Fanatic

Given 26 thank(s) in 17 post(s)

I prefer dogs. Some cats like me and there really cute. But growing up with dogs Im just so attached to them. My dog is laying at my feet right now. AWWWW CUTENESS Anyway. I just like dogs better.

Had to move on. Account is dead.
07-30-2010 02:14 PM