RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Is The Worst Subject?
Subb Offline
Music Nerd

Given 317 thank(s) in 184 post(s)

So, what is the worst subject? Math, where you learn extremely complicated things you will probably never really use? English, where the teacher has the potential to make the class either really engaging or really boring? Or maybe x elective that you really have no business taking? No, I say that the worst class is something you might never expect.

Foreign languages.

This is actually a really simple conclusion to come to. What do other subjects succeed to do that most foreign language courses fail to do? They actually do teach you the subject. Any of the other classes, if you pay attention, you will learn something about that subject. If you pay attention in Algebra, you'll eventually get how quadratic functions work. If you're in US History, you'll pick up a few facts about the Civil War. But if you take four years of Spanish... You won't learn how to speak in Spanish. You'll learn Spanish vocabulary and Spanish grammar, but there is a really slim chance that you'll be able to speak it. Now, why is that?

Well, let's see what foreign language courses do differently than the other subjects, or rather what they do the same. Most school classes have the same goal; To teach you as much stuff about X as possible. And most subjects would at least benefit from you knowing a lot of facts about that subject. You may not understand the effects of the Civil War on today, but knowing the factual reasons why the war started would give you a start. Foreign language classes share that same goal, but the goal should be completely different. They need to get you to speak the language.

So... if you take a foreign language class, what do you sign up for? Mostly just phrases and groups of vocabulary. You never really learn what goes in to all the phrases, just that "Wie heisst du?" is "What's your name?" in German. So, now you can ask for someone's name. But if you contrast that to an English class (Leagues more advanced in the language than a foreign language class), the core is to get someone else's ideas in your head, and your own ideas out of your head. Shouldn't the same basic core be in a foreign language class? Instead of just learning words that you might come across in that language?

What approach should these classes take instead? Well, they should get you to speak the language as fast as possible. From day one, you should be able to pick up ideas and communicate them in the new language. The teacher and the resources need to be guides in the language, rather than direct teachers of it. They need to take a pause on grammar. Once you have been speaking the language for a while, grammar will actually seem useful, as it will keep your ideas organized. An activity that needs to be more utilized is sentence translating, where you make a sentence and use different dictionaries to translate it to your target language. A class that's grammatically incorrect but can hold their own if the class is entirely in a foreign language is loads better than a class that can't speak it but can conjugate verbs really well.

Will the conventional model of education be able to make those changes to language learning? Or will it continue to fail to teach it's own children bilingualism?

Sub's Mental Log!
We've had a lot of fun, guys.
Fulltime Member, 2013-2014

RIP GWEDIN
RIP URITIYOGI
RIP NIGHT
RIP HANSGROHE
RIP VON
RIP WES
RIP USERNAME
(This post was last modified: 11-01-2014 02:16 AM by Subb.)
11-01-2014 02:15 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: vonunov , Rule_BreakerXVIII
wt43etri0feçrsfºll Offline
Defiant

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)
RE: What Is The Worst Subject?

In my opinion, math is extremely boring.
(This post was last modified: 11-01-2014 08:13 AM by wt43etri0feçrsfºll.)
11-01-2014 08:13 AM
Ilija.m Offline
Revolutionary

Given 19 thank(s) in 18 post(s)

I would also say math is so hard for me when you need to learn it
(This post was last modified: 11-01-2014 08:52 AM by Ilija.m.)
11-01-2014 08:52 AM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Given 1983 thank(s) in 1428 post(s)

I find math fascinating. I simply had a bad teacher experience and my math education was stunted.

Personality DNA Report
(06-14-2013 08:02 AM)Potato Wrote:  watch the fuq out, we've got an "intellectual" over here.

Hidden stuff:
[Image: watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme-240x180.png]
Brainiac3397's Mental Health Status Log Wrote:[Image: l0Iy5HKskJO5XD3Wg.gif]
11-01-2014 09:36 AM
 Thanks given by: TasmSpectacular , c00ldud3
Gwedin Offline
dumb shithead

Given 559 thank(s) in 410 post(s)

(11-01-2014 09:36 AM)brainiac3397 Wrote:  I find math fascinating. I simply had a bad teacher experience and my math education was stunted.

dis. Most of my math teachers were garbage but there was one that made the subject actually rather enchanting.

Ehhhhhh English is the worse IMO. Fuck that non-binary marking criteria.
11-01-2014 10:14 AM
 Thanks given by: TasmSpectacular
no Offline
True Scotsman

Given 474 thank(s) in 299 post(s)

Depending on the presentation, history is either absolutely fascinating or brain-explodingly pointless and dull (more often the latter).

Hello, traveler.

This is an ancient account I have not used in a long time. My views have changed much in the intervening months and years.

Nonetheless, I refuse to clean it up. Pretending that I've held my current views since the beginning of time is what we in the industry call a lie. Asking people to do so contributes to moralistic self-loathing. "See, those people have nothing damning! I do! I'm truly vile!"

Because you can never be a good person with a single blemish on the moral record, I thought that simply entertaining some thoughts made me irredeemable. Though I don't care for his writing style, William Faulkner presents a good counterexample. He went from being a typical Southern racist to supporting the civil rights movement. These days we'd yell at him for that, probably.

People are allowed to change their views.

Nevertheless, this period of my life has informed some of how I am today. In good ways and bad ways. To purge it would be to do a disservice to history. Perhaps it will not make anyone sympathetic, but it may help someone understand.

If, after reading all this, you still decide to use the post above as evidence that I am evil today, ask yourself if you have never disagreed with the moral code you now follow. In all likelihood you did, at some point. If some questions are verboten, and the answer is "how dare you ask that," don't expect your ideological opponents to ever change their minds.
11-01-2014 10:28 AM
TasmSpectacular Offline
Defiant

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

My personal rank of the subjects from best to worst would have to be:

History (Although I would say I'm pretty knowledgeable in the subject, world history CLASS is boring)

Math (Drowned and suffocated with letters, numbers, weird symbols, graphs etc. Teachers never explained WHY we were doing it, or how to apply math in everyday situations. That's why people hate it. In fact, math is very, very important. No sarcasm intended.)

Science (When it comes to science, hands on is a MUST. However, science labs are now being replaced with dry, boring textbooks, and even that made Einstein hate science for a FULL year after dropping out of high school. )

English (Ok, grammar is useless, but REAL grammar is useful. No need to know what a present participle and a conjugating verb is if you can speak as fluently as Sheldon from the Big Bang Theory. In addition, I find some of the stories in the textbooks quite interesting, but when it comes to novels, I'm tolerant of that. Tolerant until we have to ANALyze the shit out of it!!!)

P.E. (This class is awesome. Luckily, we don't force everyone to do jumping jacks and squats and all that crap as a "warm up". In fact, we have lots of sporting equipment and a big field that pretty much everyone is active in P.E.)

Welding/ Woodworking {Elective} (BEST CLASS HANDS ON (pun intended) !!! Especially when you actually get do learn real skills and work with your hands. I never thought schools still offered trades as an elective. If you are ever offered a trade in school, take it. It will serve you REALLY well later on, and I mean it! There is always a car that needs to be driven, a fence to be repaired, houses to be built, and people to serve. )

The quote from Einstein:

“One had to cram all this stuff into one's mind for the examinations, whether one liked it or not. This coercion had such a deterring effect on me that, after I had passed the final examination, I found the consideration of any scientific problems distasteful to me for an entire year.”

BTW, this is my 2nd post in the SS forums, and I am surprised that cussing is allowed in these forums, yet the members are not trolls, fools, or idiots you would probably find online like on other forums. Very mature. I am looking forward to my next post! Thanks. Biggrin

"All men of action are dreamers." - James Huneker

"He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.” - Revelation 21:4
(This post was last modified: 11-01-2014 10:58 AM by TasmSpectacular.)
11-01-2014 10:57 AM
 Thanks given by: vonunov
GamerGurl Away
"Queen of Cosplay"

Given 233 thank(s) in 157 post(s)

(11-01-2014 10:57 AM)TasmSpectacular Wrote:  BTW, this is my 2nd post in the SS forums, and I am surprised that cussing is allowed in these forums, yet the members are not trolls, fools, or idiots you would probably find online like on other forums. Very mature. I am looking forward to my next post! Thanks. Biggrin
I would highly reconsider this thought. xD

Seven crappy hours of our lives.
11-01-2014 11:07 AM
 Thanks given by: TasmSpectacular
Gwedin Offline
dumb shithead

Given 559 thank(s) in 410 post(s)

(11-01-2014 11:07 AM)SirMarty Wrote:  
(11-01-2014 10:57 AM)TasmSpectacular Wrote:  BTW, this is my 2nd post in the SS forums, and I am surprised that cussing is allowed in these forums, yet the members are not trolls, fools, or idiots you would probably find online like on other forums. Very mature. I am looking forward to my next post! Thanks. Biggrin

don't listen to him.
11-01-2014 11:11 AM
MurkScribe Away
Revolutionary

Given 111 thank(s) in 79 post(s)

History class is just cramming down hates and events of history, so you could prepare for a test, only to forget it weeks later.
11-01-2014 12:54 PM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

History is dangerous. Improper presentation can smudge facts and make it boring.

Proper presentation can make you the star of any party with your cool obscure historical facts.

Personality DNA Report
(06-14-2013 08:02 AM)Potato Wrote:  watch the fuq out, we've got an "intellectual" over here.

Hidden stuff:
11-01-2014 01:17 PM
KFC Nyan Cat Away
suck 360 blazeit hooks

Given 244 thank(s) in 167 post(s)

Physical Education and Health. Phys Ed is a class that teaches you how to play sports (important. I know) and Health teaches you shit you learned at home.

City YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/kfcnyancat
City Tumblr: http://kfcnyancat.tumblr.com (no longer operational due to personal issues)

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence" - Donald Rumsfeld

For anyone who remembers me going on an archive binge: Thank you all. I know I ended it being a drama queen, I don't really agree with the ideology anymore, and I'm really not the same person I was (I went through a neopagan phase!) but still this site was the first online community I was in. I graduated from school and turned 18. Time flies. KFC Nyan Cat, June 20, 2019.
11-01-2014 02:34 PM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Sex ed. Cuz its corny.

Never had it our school due to "religiously moral objections" but of the other sorts Ive heard, they all sound pretty corny.

Personality DNA Report

Hidden stuff:
11-01-2014 02:45 PM
xcriteria Offline
Fanatic

Given 930 thank(s) in 612 post(s)

Interesting how the replies all address the question in the topic. It's a good question about personal preference, and it's interesting to read the responses. For me, I'd have to say much of school math, since it's really irrelevant for most people in life, and to the extent it's useful, it'd be better learned by me, at least, in the context of actual projects, not in a stand-alone class.

But... Sub also raised a specific set of points in his post about learning foreign language in school, though, that also merits discussion.

I personally learned very little in the couple of foreign language classes (Spanish) that I took in school. I think it's possible for a foreign language class to be effective, but many aren't. Learning languages also tends to require a concerted effort on the part of the learner, including active immersion in some form. There are lots of tools, books, recordings and software programs for learning languages, that make self-directed study possible when it comes to memorizing words and rules. But then there's the aspect of actually applying language in conversation.

I've struggled to learn languages even on my own, mostly due to not sticking with it. But some of the best learning I've done came from trying to read foreign-language stories and texts... and basically looking up every word and figuring out the overall meaning.

To some extent, it's a matter of personal preference. But in general, I think interest-based approaches can be especially useful for languages... and that's often not how language classes work. However, there are surely exceptions.

Thoughts on that? Have any of the rest of you experienced foreign language classes, and/or tried learning on your own?

Peter Gray & allies launching the Alliance for Self-directed Education

ASDE Newsletters: #1 Announcement | #2 History of ASDE | #6 Education Liberation

School Survival & Catalyst Learning Network featured on AlternativestoSchool's blog
“Mom, Dad, can I stop going to school?”

Crucial Conversations: Tools for Talking when the Stakes are High

Hidden stuff:
11-01-2014 04:38 PM
 Thanks given by: vonunov
vonunov Offline
Badgrr

Given 186 thank(s) in 126 post(s)

Pretty much any class can be bad for certain types of learners in that passively taken rather than applied information can be difficult to retain. If I can see it in action, and preferably make it happen, I'll remember the whole process much better. Some subjects need adaptation for this. Math, for example, can be rather abstract, which I'm not incapable of grasping, but if there's not a real-world application shown, the whole thing is inhibited by "who cares?"

I took a two-part Spanish I for two years, and then I took Spanish I again for another year, because I changed schools and people are stupid.

They focused quite a lot on grammar, which was fun at the time, but I don't know if it's especially useful for a beginning learner. Now I know how to conjugate everything (because I studied more of that by myself than I was really meant to) but I lack chunks of vocabulary and knowledge of real conventional usage. Granted, this was Spanish I. If I'd stuck to the curriculum I'd have ended up with a stunted vocabulary and basic grammar. The path of learning made sense somewhat, but it didn't seem geared toward immediate functionality so much as building a foundation for later, that wouldn't be especially useful outside of the classroom in the meantime.

To be fair, I never did go past Spanish I in school, though I arguably could have tested out of it and through part of II by the time I was done, so I don't have perspective on more advanced language courses. This is probably where the really useful stuff comes out. The mistake they make in these courses is thinking that you have to amass a knowledge of not very useful things on which to build the real stuff, when it's perfectly fine to go top-down instead, introducing the functional, useful things first, letting you see how they interact as you learn more of them, and then going back to explain why. Is this not how it is in the beginning? We don't acquire our first language by studying the simple present conjugations and then memorizing some vocabulary words.

I like the way Pimsleur approaches it. Immediate, real situations, here's what you say, here's what it means, a little about why, but we don't go off exploring the meanings of all the other forms of what we just said because that's not what we're saying right now. It's all introduced in relevant context so it fits into the growing model more easily.

Compare with Rosetta Stone. The girls read. The men swim. The women run. Oh wow, thanks, these are totally the things I'll need to function in a foreign environment.

Quote:English (Ok, grammar is useless, but REAL grammar is useful. No need to know what a present participle and a conjugating verb is if you can speak as fluently as Sheldon from the Big Bang Theory.

Sheldon is a pretentious tit and if you talk like him you should really work on changing that.

I read quite a lot growing up, so I developed a sort of intuitive sense of grammar, to where I could tell whether something was incorrect, and correct it if so, but I couldn't necessarily explain why. I really enjoyed learning the why of it. It allowed me to solidify my understanding of the whole system and be more certain of my editing choices.

Knowing exactly why something is or isn't correct may not be terribly important for most people, but when I want to help someone (who has asked for it) with grammar online, or pick up some copyediting work, I have to be able to explain to myself (to be sure) and the other person (so they can learn fully) why I'm making the correction I am.
(This post was last modified: 11-01-2014 11:46 PM by vonunov.)
11-01-2014 11:38 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: no
GamerGurl Away
"Queen of Cosplay"

Given 233 thank(s) in 157 post(s)

TBH, there is no worst subject for me. I always performed poorly in the classes where the teacher was an insensitive prick. The classes where the teacher was at least friendly I'd perform good in.

Seven crappy hours of our lives.
11-02-2014 01:46 AM
TasmSpectacular Offline
Defiant

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

(11-01-2014 11:38 PM)vonunov Wrote:  I read quite a lot growing up, so I developed a sort of intuitive sense of grammar, to where I could tell whether something was incorrect, and correct it if so, but I couldn't necessarily explain why. I really enjoyed learning the why of it. It allowed me to solidify my understanding of the whole system and be more certain of my editing choices.

Knowing exactly why something is or isn't correct may not be terribly important for most people, but when I want to help someone (who has asked for it) with grammar online, or pick up some copyediting work, I have to be able to explain to myself (to be sure) and the other person (so they can learn fully) why I'm making the correction I am.

I must agree with the fact that understanding grammar is essential when correcting a person who made a grammatical error. And yes, it does help when you know how to explain to them the error they made. Right on!

What I meant to say was that grammar is not really needed if you plan to speak fluent and perfect english. Sure, you might need to know what a noun is and how to conjugate a verb (which I did in French last year), but when it comes to gerund phrases and infinitive clauses, things start to get very confusing and abstract. Not everyone needs to learn grammar to learn how to speak better. But it can make you a better speaker.

"All men of action are dreamers." - James Huneker

"He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.” - Revelation 21:4
11-03-2014 03:14 PM
KFC Nyan Cat Away
suck 360 blazeit hooks

Given 244 thank(s) in 167 post(s)

(11-01-2014 11:07 AM)SirMarty Wrote:  

Trolls:

Hidden stuff:
[Image: avatar_6750.gif?dateline=1413050366]

Fools:

Hidden stuff:
[Image: avatar_6430.jpg?dateline=1363097854]

Idiots:

Hidden stuff:
[Image: avatar_6444.png?dateline=1361233568]

City YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/kfcnyancat
City Tumblr: http://kfcnyancat.tumblr.com (no longer operational due to personal issues)

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence" - Donald Rumsfeld

For anyone who remembers me going on an archive binge: Thank you all. I know I ended it being a drama queen, I don't really agree with the ideology anymore, and I'm really not the same person I was (I went through a neopagan phase!) but still this site was the first online community I was in. I graduated from school and turned 18. Time flies. KFC Nyan Cat, June 20, 2019.
11-04-2014 12:39 PM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Coulda fooled me.

Personality DNA Report

Hidden stuff:
11-04-2014 03:20 PM
Rule_BreakerXVIII Offline
Revolutionary

Given 271 thank(s) in 168 post(s)

Quote:What approach should these classes take instead? Well, they should get you to speak the language as fast as possible. From day one, you should be able to pick up ideas and communicate them in the new language. The teacher and the resources need to be guides in the language, rather than direct teachers of it. They need to take a pause on grammar. Once you have been speaking the language for a while, grammar will actually seem useful, as it will keep your ideas organized. An activity that needs to be more utilized is sentence translating, where you make a sentence and use different dictionaries to translate it to your target language. A class that's grammatically incorrect but can hold their own if the class is entirely in a foreign language is loads better than a class that can't speak it but can conjugate verbs really well.

I went to a German camp (language-oriented, damn it...) and they taught us 2 school years worth of Deutsch, in a month, by simply creating opportunities for us to use our vocabulary, which they taught us every day. It went like this- the teacher taught us something new, and showed us where and how we could use it. This was followed by awkward conversations in said language which used the concept taught to us. It was really fun.

Don't play chess with pigeons-they'll just knock over the pieces, shit on the board and strut about like they won anyway.
-the Internet

Quote:May the days and months of flowing bitterness be rewarded...
To forget!?

Unforgivable!!
11-05-2014 12:50 AM
Mo the jo Offline
fighting the war

Given 63 thank(s) in 30 post(s)

Math, by the way. Schools make no effort to say how this will help you. They just teach it because the state requires it. Math, actually, can be facinating. Like, if I'm playing with my ti84+ and I see a math symbol, I wonder what it is. As I say, it's not the subject, it's the way it's presented. Yeah, math is one of the subjects I sleep in the most. It's just so boring. History is mysery.

Oh yeah. Annalizing the shit out of novels makes it the most boring thing ever!
(This post was last modified: 11-05-2014 06:28 AM by Mo the jo.)
11-05-2014 06:25 AM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Especially proofs. School makes em boring but math proofs are like the core of mathematics. Using logic to determine the legitimacy of a formula.

Personality DNA Report

Hidden stuff:
11-05-2014 01:36 PM
Rebag102 Offline
ARAISE

Given 22 thank(s) in 18 post(s)

Spanish.

Come and say hi to me here http://www.twitch.tv/rebag102/profile
11-05-2014 09:31 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Missile Offline
с гордостью девственница

Given 112 thank(s) in 82 post(s)

I hate my spanish class as well

Wake up people, and look at life around you
http://debunking911.com/?no_redirect=true

[Image: DK3ygqj.gif]
11-07-2014 09:30 AM
Rule_BreakerXVIII Offline
Revolutionary

Given 271 thank(s) in 168 post(s)

(11-05-2014 01:36 PM)brainiac3397 Wrote:  Especially proofs. School makes em boring but math proofs are like the core of mathematics. Using logic to determine the legitimacy of a formula.

Surprisingly (or not?) I started enjoying algebra and trigonometry once I got out of school. When I was in school I hated those things like anything.

Don't play chess with pigeons-they'll just knock over the pieces, shit on the board and strut about like they won anyway.
-the Internet

Quote:May the days and months of flowing bitterness be rewarded...
To forget!?

Unforgivable!!
12-28-2014 03:28 AM
Marlena403 Offline
School Lover

Given 21 thank(s) in 16 post(s)

P.E, ICT and Geography are my least favourite subjects. ICT, because it's too hard and I can't even learn anything in there and when I was learning it in Year 7 and 8, I couldn't pass a single test. Geography is just boring as hell! P.E. because I'm bad at it, naughty girl tried to make me move to a mental illness school, even though I only have autism which is NOT a mental illness, kids used to hit me and swear at me all the time, stupid girl from another P.E. teacher's class pissed on the floor in the changing room, teacher made us play netball outside when it was cold and people kept spraying even though they weren't allowed to. I do not learn any of those subjects anymore (Well, the teacher might make me do P.E. next year.) I also don't like German class because it's hard (That's why I transferred to French) and English because I have a stupid idiot English teacher who punishes wrong people for wrong reasons, misspells words all the time, gives five homeworks in one English lesson, takes people's reward points away, has an ugly face and she even moved another student to another English class, so that she can't move me there AND because that student was naughty. She could've moved me too, but she'd rather torture me, treat me like a dog and make my life miserable! She ruined English for me forever!!! Cry2Mad I even tried sticking over the teacher's initials and the room number on my timetable and that didn't get me moved to another English class! However, my English teacher threatened to put me at the back of the classroom that I want to move to FOR TALKING OVER THE MOVIE! Shame she didn't actually do it. Cry I hate my English teacher and she hates me. The only good thing she did to me is giving me a C4 (Departamental detention and four negative points. C4 should also be a removal, but I didn't get removed from English that day as it was nearly lunchtime.) And the Head of English is THE ENGLISH TEACHER THAT I LIKE THE MOST IN THE WHOLE ENGLISH DEPARTMENT. When my English teacher found out that I like the Head of English, she didn't give me any more C4's. My English teacher is also the reason why kids make more fun of me than they used to. Next time my English teacher tortures me, treats me like a dog or makes my life miserable, I will complain to the Head of English, My Form Tutor, My Pastoral Leader, My Head of Year, one of the Deputy Headteachers (Since she is an English teacher and the Head of Behaviour), the Headteacher and finally, The person who creates the timetables. I will tell them that I do not want to have that stupid idiot as an English teacher for the rest of my time at school and that I have good reasons not to! I bet my stupid English teacher has a fat mum too!
(This post was last modified: 12-30-2016 02:55 AM by Marlena403.)
12-30-2016 01:24 AM
the Analogist Offline
Connector of Dots

Given 434 thank(s) in 261 post(s)

in reply to the topic:
gonorrhea

Purity is to Believe only that which deserves it.
Wisdom is to follow only the Opinion which makes the best use of evidence.
Excellence is to be mindful of all these things in Living.
Follow me on Twitter!
01-01-2017 03:08 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  On the subject of the power of one group over another.... lisafromjackson 2 1,747 12-27-2014 05:13 PM
Last Post: James Comey
  had to have a subject Heil_Kaiba8921 4 2,898 01-13-2013 11:16 AM
Last Post: Heil_Kaiba8921
  I can't even think of a subject for this. Raikuron 1 1,800 04-01-2010 10:11 AM
Last Post: SoulRiser
  On the subject of parental power. Chrisuru 13 5,107 02-09-2009 01:19 AM
Last Post: Chrisuru
  On the subject of Time Chrisuru 6 3,941 01-19-2009 10:33 AM
Last Post: Fire Elf
  Can't think of a good subject name for this. Milk2Go 13 4,094 04-05-2008 06:45 AM
Last Post: SoulRiser