RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[split] How different is College from High School?
KFC Nyan Cat Away
suck 360 blazeit hooks

Given 244 thank(s) in 167 post(s)
RE: [split] How different is College from High School?

(10-06-2014 07:51 AM)brainiac3397 Wrote:  No man today will ever make it to Valhalla. Why should they when there no men on Earth left!

Valhalla is a really gay place. There's nothing but men there!

City YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/kfcnyancat
City Tumblr: http://kfcnyancat.tumblr.com (no longer operational due to personal issues)

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence" - Donald Rumsfeld

For anyone who remembers me going on an archive binge: Thank you all. I know I ended it being a drama queen, I don't really agree with the ideology anymore, and I'm really not the same person I was (I went through a neopagan phase!) but still this site was the first online community I was in. I graduated from school and turned 18. Time flies. KFC Nyan Cat, June 20, 2019.
10-06-2014 08:54 AM
Find all posts by this user
GamerGurl Away
"Queen of Cosplay"

Given 233 thank(s) in 157 post(s)

(10-05-2014 09:29 PM)Username Wrote:  I wasn't even attacking him/her/tender gender at all, well it wasn't my intention at least, but I can't be the only one to see that having no job and being so rigid not to get one to pay the bills is.. well, bad, for the lack of a better word.
Reminds me nothing but Rillian.
That is where I stopped reading...

Total bullshit.

(10-05-2014 10:57 PM)Username Wrote:  More constructive how?
You're the typical "edgy" SS reject so you don't even know how to be constructive at all.

(10-05-2014 10:57 PM)Username Wrote:  I can't wrap my head around a person, who wants to be a cosplayer, which is an already tough field to live off of if you're male, let alone one that isn't a bodybuilder.
How do you know what I look like? You're always trying to spite me so I don't even bother talking about shit to you because you're a fucking tool.

(10-05-2014 10:57 PM)Username Wrote:  At the same time, he wishes to be a pro-gamer.. at what game, he won't say.
Why in the fucking world am I required to tell YOU what game(s) I want to professionally play? I don't even like you, and I really highly doubt you have any sense of knowledge of professional gaming at all.

I don't care about your input at all.

(10-05-2014 10:57 PM)Username Wrote:  To top it off, he wants to direct, not make or create, but direct machinima, which is a half-dead, underground medium, for a game that hasn't had a "mainstream" machinima series in over two years.
You would know this, how? Rolleyes

And FYI, "directing" machinima is synonymous with creating it. Any gamer who's into machinima would obviously know that. Quit talking about shit you obviously have no knowledge about.

(10-05-2014 10:57 PM)Username Wrote:  If all that sounds gibberish to you, he hath posted some time ago, that he won't work unless the job starts at noon.
Playing the straw man argument now, I see. Smile

(10-05-2014 10:57 PM)Username Wrote:  The reasoning behind it being that waking up in the morning for work reminds him of school.
Totally different topic for a totally different discussion, which has already been discussed before with xcriteria. But, I doubt you were paying any real attention to the actual constructive and meaningful discussion, and instead, just looked at what I was saying just to laugh and mock me behind your computer screen.

(10-05-2014 10:57 PM)Username Wrote:  Of course, when I call him out on his bullshit, I get banned, but those who agree or feel sorry him, get little "Thanks" under their posts for their immense contribution to society.

Good lad.
You certainly deserved to be banned. You're a fucking "edgy" SS reject who has no place here, and I'm pretty sure someone else pointed that out much earlier when SS was reinstated in August.

And, like you've immensely contributed to society at all, let alone this fucking forum.

(10-05-2014 10:57 PM)Username Wrote:  
Hidden stuff:
Now THAT was a fucking attack
Which brings me to my final point: you're only here as a fail troll.

(10-06-2014 12:18 AM)xcriteria Wrote:  Alright... TheCancer summed up my thoughts on both sides of this.

(10-05-2014 10:34 PM)TheCancer Wrote:  I actually do think that's fair but you should have gone about it in a more constructive way.

@Username, to be fair, Marty has been actively exploring what to do next, including thinking about jobs other than his dream jobs. The pet store one is an example.

@SirMarty, I've asked people "why are you here?" before, too, but there's certainly a better way to do it than insulting people. It sets a bad example... it shows an ugly side of things to visitors (especially who aren't familiar with all the subtext...) and it sends a mass insult to a whole group of people, who really do differ from each other as people... and aren't all bad.

Plus, people can change if they come to see things in a different way. Being harsh usually doesn't help make that happen (though, granted, there may be some rare instances where it does.)

In short, it's possible to "call people out on their bullshit" in more effective ways.... and show a better side of SS to the many people who won't come near the site in the first place, let alone stay...

Ultimately, one of the big challenges for most people here is to figure out how to transition from being dependent on their parents, to some kind of independent life. I think we could do a better job of helping each other figure out how to do that... on a path not only of "survival," but actually doing things we each want to do.

I think that's a reasonable goal... living a good life... but figuring out how isn't necessarily a simple task.
xcriteria, I'm gonna put this simply and bluntly.

I'm not even gonna bother trying to call him out on his BS in more "effective" ways, as you so eloquently put it, because if he's going to act like a troll then I'm going to treat him like one.

Honestly, if I had mod powers I would've banned his ass a long time ago. This guy, for no absolute legitimate reason whatsoever, always wants to spite me and act so hostile when I've done absolutely nothing wrong to him. But he's probably this way because of that one day I decided to enter the SS IRC and hurt his wittle precious feelings criticizing his poor DnE circlejerk, windowlicking community.

Henceforth, if he's going to treat me the way he has ever since our little encounter on the IRC, then he can expect the same BS in return. Not going to bother trying to be constructive at the least bit with a pathetic troll who has no reason being here other than to just try and be "edgy" to spite this community—and specifically me.

xcriteria Wrote:
Username Wrote:More constructive how?

I can't wrap my head around a person, who wants to be a cosplayer, which is an already tough field to live off of if you're male, let alone one that isn't a bodybuilder. At the same time, he wishes to be a pro-gamer.. at what game, he won't say. To top it off, he wants to direct, not make or create, but direct machinima, which is a half-dead, underground medium, for a game that hasn't had a "mainstream" machinima series in over two years.
If all that sounds gibberish to you, he hath posted some time ago, that he won't work unless the job starts at noon. The reasoning behind it being that waking up in the morning for work reminds him of school.
Of course, when I call him out on his bullshit, I get banned, but those who agree or feel sorry him, get little "Thanks" under their posts for their immense contribution to society.

That was more productive...
Not really...

Seven crappy hours of our lives.
(This post was last modified: 10-06-2014 10:16 AM by GamerGurl.)
10-06-2014 10:13 AM
Gwedin Offline
dumb shithead

Given 559 thank(s) in 410 post(s)

(10-06-2014 10:13 AM)SirMarty Wrote:  Honestly, if I had mod powers I would've banned his ass a long time ago.

That's precisely why you will never get them.
10-06-2014 10:18 AM
 Thanks given by: no , SwiftEscudo , (´・ω・`)
GamerGurl Away
"Queen of Cosplay"

(10-06-2014 10:18 AM)Gwedin Wrote:  
(10-06-2014 10:13 AM)SirMarty Wrote:  Honestly, if I had mod powers I would've banned his ass a long time ago.

That's precisely why you will never get them.
Implying that I ever wanted mod powers. Rolleyes

10-06-2014 10:34 AM
Gwedin Offline
dumb shithead

Given 559 thank(s) in 410 post(s)
[split] How different is College from High School?

>wants Username banned and said he would do so himself if he was mod
>doesn't want mod powers

Forgive me if I'm a little bit skeptical.
10-06-2014 10:40 AM
 Thanks given by: SwiftEscudo , (´・ω・`)
TheCancer Offline
Fanatic

Given 568 thank(s) in 340 post(s)

I think it would be cool to be a mod. I would ban Soul Riser and change the name of this place to Cancer Survival. Some people are interested in that.

If you want to be a different fish, you've got to jump out of the school.

Captain Beefheart
10-06-2014 10:40 AM
 Thanks given by: (´・ω・`)
GamerGurl Away
"Queen of Cosplay"

(10-06-2014 10:40 AM)Gwedin Wrote:  >wants Username banned and said he would do so himself if he was mod
>doesn't want mod powers

Forgive me if I'm a little bit skeptical.
Not even gonna bother...

10-06-2014 10:41 AM
Thread Closed