RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I don't know what to do
Speke Offline
Defiant

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)
I don't know what to do

HI, I'm in high school right now 10th grade. I rarely ever have time to do whatever the fuck I want, as even getting on the internet is regarded my oriental parents with great disdain. I can't do whatever I want even when I have no bullshit homework from my honors classes because apparently my oriental parents see everything as goddamn video games. Doesn't matter if I watch videos from YouTube on the shortness of my own time, doesn't matter if I am browsing forums from the shortness of my own time, it doesn't even fucking matter if I'm even learning thing I want to learn that's not appointed from the shitty public education system, apparently everything is a waste of time that could better be spent studying for the SAT.

To top off everything, my teachers have lately been acting shitty, the teachers normally act like shit in high school but not this shitty. I fucking hate my grades, I hate how my peers seem to get all the easy fucking teachers while I end up unlucky. My gpa right now is like 3.6 or 3.5, which really fucking pisses me off. Most of the work isn't't even my fault, I literally stay up late studying to like 2 am and I still get fucked over by the nitpicking and related bs perpetrated by my teachers. I can't enjoy myself anymore, September 15th was my goddamn fucking birthday but I had to spend it doing a fucking summer reading project assigned by asshole teachers. I fucking hate this shit, I hate how I have to spend my goddamn FreeTime doing bullshit. The worst fucking part is the tests, I get 3 goddamn tests or quizzes in 1 week, so I have to spend even less time living and more time dying. Fuck this shit, I used to question why people committed suicide, now I fucking know why.
10-01-2014 02:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Gwedin Offline
dumb shithead

Given 559 thank(s) in 410 post(s)
I don't know what to do

Why the fuck is this post in pink wat wot wut?
10-01-2014 03:44 PM
GamerGurl Away
"Queen of Cosplay"

Given 233 thank(s) in 157 post(s)
I don't know what to do

It was pink because it seems like a forum assistant or admin unapproved this thread. When a thread or post is unapproved, it is hidden to everyone except forum assistants, mods and admins.

I went ahead and approved this thread. I don't really see anything wrong with this thread.

Seven crappy hours of our lives.
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2014 01:04 PM by GamerGurl.)
10-01-2014 09:21 PM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Given 1983 thank(s) in 1428 post(s)
RE: I don't know what to do

Lol SAT

Spend 2-4 years preparing for it. Take test. Get imto college. A year later ppl like "lolwut SAT?".

Its like some overhyped test that nobody gives a crap about, and unfortunately you have to pay for dat crap.

Personality DNA Report
(06-14-2013 08:02 AM)Potato Wrote:  watch the fuq out, we've got an "intellectual" over here.

Hidden stuff:
[Image: watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme-240x180.png]
Brainiac3397's Mental Health Status Log Wrote:[Image: l0Iy5HKskJO5XD3Wg.gif]
10-01-2014 09:23 PM
timf Offline
Revolutionary

Given 152 thank(s) in 65 post(s)

Quote:even getting on the internet is regarded my oriental parents with great disdain.

When you feel the walls closing in on you, it is difficult to think of waiting until you can escape an oppressive system. You might want to try to see if you can cultivate your negotiating skills.

You mention that your parents are unlikely to agree to your spending time in what they consider unwise ways. You might want to see if you can draw them into a discussion rather than ask for permission that is answered with a quick "no".

For example, at some level your parents, who seem to wish the greatest worldly success for you, must be aware that worldly success is often a matter of who you know and the quality of the relationships you establish. Your grades and achievements may get your foot in the door, but you need to have some social skills to build on that opportunity.

You might ask them if they think that practicing social skills as well as learning information that aids in those skills, might be important as well as academic achievement.
10-01-2014 10:27 PM
 Thanks given by: deleted2016 , KFC Nyan Cat
Gwedin Offline
dumb shithead

Given 559 thank(s) in 410 post(s)

(10-01-2014 09:21 PM)SirMarty Wrote:  It was pink because it seems like a forum assistant or admin unapproved this thread. When a thread or post is unapproved, it is hidden to everyone except forum assistants, mods and admins.

I went ahead and approved this thread. I don't really see anything wrong with this thread, except for the very last sentence.

okie
10-02-2014 01:40 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

Given 1469 thank(s) in 972 post(s)
I don't know what to do

Actually, Marty, his post might have been automatically flagged by a spam detector, or the like. I don't see anything wrong with it either, unless you're speaking syntactically.

Anyway, welcome to School Survival, Speke. I'm DoA, resident voice of un-reason. Nice to meet you Smile

Public Service Announcement: First world problems are still problems.
(This post was last modified: 10-02-2014 02:13 AM by Ky.)
10-02-2014 02:13 AM
KFC Nyan Cat Away
suck 360 blazeit hooks

Given 244 thank(s) in 167 post(s)
I don't know what to do

Try to reason with your parents, get them to understand. If you want to, and your school allows it, get out of Honors without telling your parents. Also, NEVER sacrifice sleep for studies. You WILL do worse on tests ( citation: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/a...ework.html )

Welcome to School Survival, I'm KFC Nyan Cat, this site's lolcow and your local militant Christian.

City YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/kfcnyancat
City Tumblr: http://kfcnyancat.tumblr.com (no longer operational due to personal issues)

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence" - Donald Rumsfeld

For anyone who remembers me going on an archive binge: Thank you all. I know I ended it being a drama queen, I don't really agree with the ideology anymore, and I'm really not the same person I was (I went through a neopagan phase!) but still this site was the first online community I was in. I graduated from school and turned 18. Time flies. KFC Nyan Cat, June 20, 2019.
(This post was last modified: 10-02-2014 09:48 AM by KFC Nyan Cat.)
10-02-2014 09:47 AM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Given 1983 thank(s) in 1428 post(s)

I agrew with Tim. Oriental parents are naive imbeciles who think success comes from grades when in reality its using success to impress people and thus increase your societal value.

Personality DNA Report
(06-14-2013 08:02 AM)Potato Wrote:  watch the fuq out, we've got an "intellectual" over here.

Hidden stuff:
[Image: watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme-240x180.png]
Brainiac3397's Mental Health Status Log Wrote:[Image: l0Iy5HKskJO5XD3Wg.gif]
10-02-2014 10:41 AM
 Thanks given by: KFC Nyan Cat
GamerGurl Away
"Queen of Cosplay"

Given 233 thank(s) in 157 post(s)

(10-02-2014 02:13 AM)DoA Wrote:  Actually, Marty, his post might have been automatically flagged by a spam detector, or the like. I don't see anything wrong with it either, unless you're speaking syntactically.

Anyway, welcome to School Survival, Speke. I'm DoA, resident voice of un-reason. Nice to meet you Smile
You're right. Or it could be the fact that his account hasn't been activated via email yet. Maybe when he activates his account, then this won't happen again.

Seven crappy hours of our lives.
10-02-2014 11:58 AM
Alistoriv Offline
Sanity Not Included

Given 169 thank(s) in 114 post(s)
I don't know what to do

welcome speck

RIP GORE GOROTH
RIP SAINTVICIOUS
(03-20-2013 05:08 PM)brainiac3397 Wrote:  Stand up with pride and say "No! I will not be a McDonalds employee. I WILL BE A GARBAGE MAN!"

[Image: USVWSwj.png]
10-03-2014 11:06 AM
craxyguy562 Offline
Pariah

Given 133 thank(s) in 97 post(s)
I don't know what to do

Welcome. I can understand what having oriental might be like. And it sounds like it sucks.

[Image: gUJMoO7.png]

Hidden stuff:
Homework brings the hell of school home.

Gwedin Wrote:  Dat feel when you get home, realise it's Friday, and itch your buttcrack.
10-03-2014 11:52 AM