RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. Send me a message if you'd like to keep in touch with me & Steve.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I wrote this for no fucking reason, is it any good?
KFC Nyan Cat Away
suck 360 blazeit hooks

Given 244 thank(s) in 167 post(s)
I wrote this for no fucking reason, is it any good?

I was making fun of Wolfaboos, and then I wrote this in a YouTube comment section (Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqUPtufOJLI ) for no fucking reason. I'm pretty certain it's full of cliches that populate Wolfabooo and Furry fiction, but you never know.

Hidden stuff:
I know they just needed food. I know they had fear in their eyes. I know it was because it was because he was twice their size. But I know that what I know isn't true. The wolves were out for blood, and not the blood of anyone, the blood of a friend. The mountain lion- no, the friend, Stevix, is who they were after. They just wanted blood.

My parents felt no empathy. I am part of a legendary breed of the feline many call "housecats" and this breed has magic powers and a rich, strange culture. I was taught to be proud and never cry because of my heritage, but I just didn't feel it.

Over time, I started to believe the things the wolves' defenders said. I myself believed that they were "hungry" or "intimidated." I had a belief that it was okay for one to kill, eat, and skin a being of a different animal family if they were threatened, or if they found it dead. I had also coped with it by getting obsessed with bad TV shows and video games, and talking about why they are bad.

The number one thing I had to cope with it, though, is this: I met a fox in a forest only weeks after that fateful day. It was one year old at most, and it was just sitting there. I took it in, raised it in my beliefs, and it- no, he was happy. I had raised him from the ground up, and I was too concerned with his happiness to think about Stevix. Don't think that I raised Terry as if he was a son, because I didn't. I was not an 8-year-old dad. I always saw him as a friend who lived with me. And this kept things cool, because after Terry turned 1 and 1/2 (wow, foxes mature fast) I didn't need him to think of me as an authority figure.

Fast forward to a few weeks ago, or around 6 years after I found Terry. Two Mondays ago, Terry and I were at the mall because he needed to pick out new clothes because he outgrew his old ones. On our way home through the forest, I thought I saw some familiar eyes, ones that brought sadness. I didn't know what though. I shrugged it off, remembering that they found him intimidating.

One Friday ago, Terry and I had been hiking (which is what Terry liked to do; I'm more of an indoor cat.) It was then I had cried. I saw the sign. "Now entering Pita Village." I warned Terry about them, and I cried while I did it, but he felt that there was no way they found him intimidating and if they did try to kill him, the village was small enough that he could just run through. Terry had never been more wrong. They caught him, and as I went to see, they had the same look on their faces as they did when they killed Stevix. I could see it clearly now, though. I saw into their eyes, and it was of pure violence. They killed my friend- no, brother- no, son- no, my friend, brother, and son. They killed it all. And the excuses weren't relevant this time. When they killed Terry, they also killed a Canine. They didn't even promptly eat or skin it afterwards, which let me know that they weren't going to eat or skin it, because one fact about wolves is that if they are going to use something, they use it instantly or drag it. They did not do that. They killed him for no reason. I ran. I cried. I even got my parents to care despite my proud heritage.

Every night I cry. I never sleep.

City YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/kfcnyancat
City Tumblr: http://kfcnyancat.tumblr.com/

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence" - Donald Rumsfeld
KFCs Nonexistent Mental Health Log Wrote:[Image: what-people-think-wwf-means.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 09-27-2014 02:39 PM by KFC Nyan Cat.)
09-27-2014 02:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Song I wrote "Not as Good without you." the forgotten 2 570 01-13-2010 01:34 PM
Last Post: the forgotten