Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The God Council
Ky Offline
Shadow

Given 1469 thank(s) in 974 post(s)
The God Council

DoA: Yeah, don't be trippin', Chanku.

Public Service Announcement: First world problems are still problems.
09-30-2014 06:18 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Chanku Offline
Fanatic

Given 31 thank(s) in 18 post(s)
The God Council

-sighs- I also serve as the pillar of existence for you! Besides I don't rule the world with an iron fist, because I believe the mortals should be allowed to live their own lives, to have their own free will.

Pretty Much my only signature...I'm mainly a lurker....you can find me on the IRC (or on DnE and their IRC).

[Image: USVWSwj.png]
10-01-2014 07:47 AM
craxyguy562 Offline
Pariah

Given 133 thank(s) in 97 post(s)
The God Council

Just as Chanku spoke those exact words, up on the surface a group of humans gathered. All from different nations. With them the humans had brought tons on high powered, expensive digging equipment. Why? They were planning on digging down into the God Council and talking to the gods regardless of the consequences. What they didn't know was that this was a test and digging into the God Council was impossible for it was in another dimension but they did not know.

[Image: gUJMoO7.png]

Hidden stuff:
Homework brings the hell of school home.

Gwedin Wrote:  Dat feel when you get home, realise it's Friday, and itch your buttcrack.
(This post was last modified: 10-01-2014 11:25 AM by craxyguy562.)
10-01-2014 11:06 AM
Chanku Offline
Fanatic

The God Council

-sighs and disperses them, wipes their memory and puts them back at what they were doing prior to going to the area. I then look over at Crazyguy- What did you do?

Pretty Much my only signature...I'm mainly a lurker....you can find me on the IRC (or on DnE and their IRC).

10-01-2014 11:37 AM
craxyguy562 Offline
Pariah

The God Council

"Testing how much we should trust them." Replies crazyguy.

Hidden stuff:

Gwedin Wrote:  Dat feel when you get home, realise it's Friday, and itch your buttcrack.
10-01-2014 11:49 AM
Chanku Offline
Fanatic

The God Council

You can't do that! Do that again and I'll take away your powers.

10-01-2014 12:19 PM
Subb Offline
Music Nerd

Given 305 thank(s) in 179 post(s)
RE: The God Council

Yeah, Crazyguy. You know how Pillar With A Mouth over here feels about not doing nothing all of the time... Argh, I'm just gonna... Rest on the floor for a bit...-Sub

(Sub, still grasping his chest, collapses on the floor.)

SUB!! What's going on? Are you okay!?!-Lennon

Don't worry about me...Worry about... New Capitalistian...-Sub

What is he... (Looks over at map, seeing the barracade around New Capitalistian, as well as the seige taking place.) Holy shit... Chanku, We need to find some way to help. Please...-Lennon

Sub's Mental Log!
We've had a lot of fun, guys.
Fulltime Member, 2013-2014
10-01-2014 02:33 PM
Ky Offline
Shadow

(10-01-2014 11:06 AM)craxyguy562 Wrote:  Just as Chanku spoke those exact words, up on the surface a group of humans gathered. All from different nations. With them the humans had brought tons on high powered, expensive digging equipment. Why? They were planning on digging down into the God Council and talking to the gods regardless of the consequences. What they didn't know was that this was a test and digging into the God Council was impossible for it was in another dimension but they did not know.

Upon seeing Chanku's dispersal of these human beings, DoA's eyes glowed in a gold hue, similar to that of the energy he was comprised of a moment ago.

DoA: These same people, each one a hero from a different nation, will one day be entrusted not only with the fate of their realm, but all realms.

He then fell silent.

(OOC: Goshdarnit, me, what's with all of the personality switches? And why are you reading fate that hasn't even been proclaimed canon yet?)

10-02-2014 02:00 AM
Chanku Offline
Fanatic

The God Council

-sighs and I get up and walk over to sub, I pick him up with one hand(in fact my hand somewhat covers his body) and I place a finger on his forehead with the other. After a few seconds a light begins to shine and engulf Sub, and what can only be described as a hard shell surrounds Sub, as Sub begins to shrink(albeit painlessly), and form into a crystal, and the glowing stops I then walk over to my chair and I place the gem in slot on the back, which causes the crystal to glow, something similar to a hologram appears where Sub was, and it is Sub complete with his scale(which joined him in the crystal)- Sub, there, I've turned you into your protection form, essentially a form that all gods have and some have the ability to retreat into it at will, or under certain conditions. In this form, you(or any god) can not feel pain, and normally can not communicate with the outside world. However my throne allows you to project yourself and communicate with us.

(OOC: Also I might as well state, that Chanku is, quite literally, the tallest and largest of the gods, being the original, however because all gods are apart of him and come from him in a sense, each time a god is made he looses a little bit of himself, thus causing him to weaken and look older. Right now, he looks rather old, similar to Father from Full Metal Alchemist (Brotherhood for those who watch the anime), however his eyes are a pale-ish blue, and he wears a greyish robe(the robe was originally white on one side and grey on the other, with the evil ones being created they took away most of the black side, and the other gods have caused the two sides to mix a bit, thus making the greyish color of the robe). Also each time a god is made his robe gets a little greyer and he gets a little older and weaker, when all the gods are rejoined with him, he looks really young though, and is probably one of the most powerful being in existence).

10-02-2014 07:09 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

The God Council

(OOC: DoA is a very strange case. I've already said that he is essentially antithetical to Chanku, but precisely how is worth getting into.

First, appearance - as the toga-wearing prankster, he looks like one of the youngest, if not the youngest, out of the others in terms of appearance, though not in an overtly youthful way.

And alternate forms...well, DoA cannot enter protection form under any circumstances, really, unlike each and every one of the other, non-Chanku gods. The crystalline structure of order is utterly foreign to him, and any other forms he chooses to manifest himself in are generally based on chaotic or random variables, such as the semi-spherical vortex of energy in his Xaos form. It's suggested that the more abstract deities present would have one or more similar forms as well.

The lack of a protective form means he is in constant danger of pain and has no way of reliably shielding himself from the attack of another god; however, he makes up for this in power, which is considered to be variable as it cannot be accurately quantified. It would most likely be true to state that he is both more and less powerful than Chanku, even at the same time.

This also means he can communicate with the outside world pretty much as much as he wants. The only thing keeping him in check is his love for the subliminal, as he prefers to move over the world as an unseen force, and only reveals his divinity outright in order to prank mortals one way or another. He is more mature, and even less visible, when determining matters greatly related to fate.)

DoA: Woah, bro. Shiiiny.

(OOC: He also acts less intelligent than he is. Though, depending on the nature of his manifestation, it may not even be an act.)

10-02-2014 07:26 AM
craxyguy562 Offline
Pariah

The God Council

(OOC: I really don't know if crazyguy is chaotic or orderly. It's hard to categorize magic. So I am asking you which one crazyguy should be. Razz)

Hidden stuff:

10-02-2014 09:38 AM
Subb Offline
Music Nerd

Right, now that I'm all good, can we actually talk about something useful?-Sub

Sub's Mental Log!
10-03-2014 11:27 AM
craxyguy562 Offline
Pariah

The God Council

"What do you think is useful?" Crazyguy asks Sub.

Hidden stuff:

10-03-2014 11:38 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

The God Council

(OOC: Crazyguy would be either chaos or some other third thing that is neither orderly nor random.)

DoA: Beer cans are useful. *laughs annoyingly*

10-04-2014 01:17 AM
craxyguy562 Offline
Pariah

The God Council

(OOC: I think crazyguy should be chaos, DoA needs more gods made of the same energy as him or he'll be lonely. Razz)

Hidden stuff:

10-04-2014 02:46 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

The God Council

(OOC: I'd call crazyguy a being of "organized chaos", lol)

10-04-2014 03:22 AM
craxyguy562 Offline
Pariah

(OOC: Wouldn't combining energy create a new one though? Like red and yellow makes orange. Not sure how this works. Shrug)

Hidden stuff:

10-04-2014 06:41 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

The God Council

(OOC: I don't know either, and that's the beauty of it. Figure out what you are and sneak an explanation of some kind into the story.)

10-04-2014 07:34 AM
Chanku Offline
Fanatic

The God Council

(OOC: Technically speaking all energy derives from Chanku, he is quite literally, the origin of everything and releases energy(although uses some for his own existence, albeit it's limited by how 'whole' he is))

10-04-2014 07:44 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

The God Council

(OOC: Really? I would think that all matter would derive from Chanku, and all ambient energy would manifest into...well, various things, the most important of which is DoA.)

10-04-2014 07:54 AM
craxyguy562 Offline
Pariah

The God Council

(OOC: Just one quick reminder.
"4) God-Moding and Power-Gaming - What they are and why avoid them.

God-Moding (Autohits) -- narrating others' actions or reactions, and Power-Gaming -- claiming arbitrarily and interacting as if someone else's character has no power to resist an attack or action from yours, or that theirs is just plain weaker is can become an offense if used excessively. No one likes to play with a cheater. Repeated offenders might end up upsetting a lot of people. So basically, try and let the other to do their own action, and be reasonable with your own.
Example of God-Moding (Autohits):
Bad - "Joe throw a tomato at Mary, and it splatters all over her coat."
Good - "Joe throw a tomato at Mary after he barely escaped her attack."
Example of Excessive Power-Gaming:
Bad - "I laugh off your attack because my body is hard like diamond and regenerates any type of damage immediately, then I grab for you with ten times your strength." " - from some rp forum.

Not saying this is happening right now but, it could happen so be careful.)

Hidden stuff:

10-04-2014 08:06 AM
Chanku Offline
Fanatic

The God Council

(OOC: Well it has to come from something and technically it comes from him(although the exception is the old gods, who no longer 'exist') also I doubt God-modding and power-gaming is that much of a deal. After all we have no official way of determining a battle, so it's up to the people to decide.

Also I realized I've retconned a lot of the Isle over time, like the King's personality(originally meant to err on the side of War, instead he has seemed to err on the side of peace, even to the extremes, and he was supposed to be cruel, at least a little bit.)

10-04-2014 08:20 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

The God Council

(OOC: I godmod, he godmods, we all godmod. Heck, we're roleplaying gods in this thread. It's for the sake of a good story anyway; if we were trying to make this a competitive game, then we might have to worry about it.

Also, when in doubt, there's always retcons. Lots and lots of retcons.)

10-04-2014 08:31 AM
Subb Offline
Music Nerd

(OOC: Yeah, God modding is generally a different thing in GoSS, because it's a cooperative narrative rather than a competition. So I'd think the GoSS eqivalent of god modding would be the excessive steering of a narrative in one person's favor. Like, maybe DoA's move of having FASH attack during the Purge could be considered god modding, but it took the narrative in a much more interesting direction, so that instance of god modding was not only okay, but an extremely welcome addition to the story.)

Sub's Mental Log!
10-04-2014 02:07 PM
Ky Offline
Shadow

The God Council

(OOC: Yes, stealing the story from others is an unfortunate tendency of mine, so I decided to hand wave and lampshade it by making my character the god of fate. I still try to keep from annoying you guys with it, but it happens sometimes.)

10-04-2014 02:24 PM
Subb Offline
Music Nerd

(OOC: Well, "Story stealing" happens when countries are interconnected like that. And like I said, it was a hell of a lot better than anything I had in mind. I mean, Miss Watson! I just wish she didn't die.)

Sub's Mental Log!
10-04-2014 02:28 PM
Ky Offline
Shadow

The God Council

(OOC: Quite a good character, but such methodical characters are not in as short of supply as you might think. She was only in charge of the Capitalistian sect of FASH, which did not disband but only fled for the shadows upon her death, only to manifest as - or at least in collaboration with - the new regime within your story.

And that's only one tiny part of FASH. I would not waste such a sinister organization as a one-shot villain, now would I? Conspiracyyy...)

10-04-2014 02:32 PM
Subb Offline
Music Nerd

(OOC: Make of this whatever you will, but when our unnamed antagonist says FASH is a lie, he believes it. This is simply an assumtion on his part, due to his hatred of Captalistian and any of it's allies. Now, did FASH approach the Urent only as a helping force, without revealing themselves? Is this person simply a propaganda machine? Why would FASH even come to this sect of people, instead of taking Capitalistian on their own? Hmm...)

Sub's Mental Log!
10-04-2014 02:43 PM
Ky Offline
Shadow

The God Council

(OOC: Make of this what you will; FASH is basically the GoSS version of the Illuminati, and "Freedom Activists Seeking Holiness" is only one of many acronyms. If they cannot control, they quietly and anonymously influence, though the creation of the League of Nations threw a major wrench in most of their long-term plans, indicating that they are fallible.)

10-04-2014 02:47 PM
Subb Offline
Music Nerd

(OOC: That gives me ideas... BACK TO THE COUNCIL.)

Well, I was thinking of this New Capitalistian issue, which you've all have ignored. I mean, unless we just go in there and remive them from power, which would be too far, best case scenario, millions die before anyone can topple them. Worst case, the world ends in the fire of world war. And the world simply can't handle one at this time. I also predict that Fantasia will only fall into some form of order with some sort of intervention, even if just a small one. But of course, that's a no-go for the Pillar That Speaks over there...-Sub

Sub's Mental Log!
10-04-2014 03:02 PM