RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. Send me a message if you'd like to keep in touch with me & Steve.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The God Council
craxyguy562 Offline
Pariah

Given 133 thank(s) in 97 post(s)
The God Council

((OOC: can you tell me what your god looks like? I want to add that to the first post.))

[Image: gUJMoO7.png]

Hidden stuff:
Homework brings the hell of school home.

Gwedin Wrote:  Dat feel when you get home, realise it's Friday, and itch your buttcrack.
09-21-2014 01:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Subb Offline
Music Nerd

Given 317 thank(s) in 184 post(s)
RE: The God Council

(Sub reajusts his sleeves, trying to hide that he's extremely shaken by this whole affair.) Well, I'm glad that DoA can actually do something. But, I feel relatively unsafe here. I'll grab my scale, then I'll go have a cigar and unwind. Lennon will give me the briefings once I return. Anyone is willing to join me if they wish. But before I go...

(Turns to DoA) I disagree. I think that we have to intervene, mainly because the chaos in GoSS is burning into my sides, and I am compelled to have that pain cease. But, (sighs) I trust that your judgement is wise enough, so I'll suffer silently.-Sub

(Sub takes the scale from Lennon, dangles it over his hand, and realizes that one side is much lower than the other. He looks disgruntled, and leaves the hall in a hurried manner. His voice echos across the hall.)

Remember, sometimes the wisest people can corrupt themselves, and make the wrong choices.-Sub

(OOC: He's in a black tux with a while tie, with a black cloak over that. He always has an old time scale in his left hand, when able. He looks in his mid twenties, and has brown, shaggy hair, and purple eyes that reflect his actual age.)

Sub's Mental Log!
We've had a lot of fun, guys.
Fulltime Member, 2013-2014

RIP GWEDIN
RIP URITIYOGI
RIP NIGHT
RIP HANSGROHE
RIP VON
RIP WES
RIP USERNAME
(This post was last modified: 09-21-2014 02:18 PM by Subb.)
09-21-2014 02:14 PM
Ky Offline
Shadow

Given 1467 thank(s) in 972 post(s)
The God Council

(OOC: Brown curly hair, blue eyes, tannish white skin, incredibly muscular physique and tall build, wears white toga, has a face that says "Hello world, I'm the dullest tool in the shed". Basically, when you mix two stereotypes - Greek god and frat boy - and make it very vaguely similar to me, the DoA character is what you get.)

DoA: Wuhhhh...does that mean the meeting's over, brah?

Public Service Announcement: First world problems are still problems.
(This post was last modified: 09-21-2014 02:28 PM by Ky.)
09-21-2014 02:16 PM
Subb Offline
Music Nerd

No, I'm just taking his place. Sorry, he get's like that... a lot, actually. What else is on the agenda?-Lennon

Sub's Mental Log!

RIP GWEDIN
RIP URITIYOGI
RIP NIGHT
RIP HANSGROHE
RIP VON
RIP WES
RIP USERNAME
(This post was last modified: 09-21-2014 02:19 PM by Subb.)
09-21-2014 02:19 PM
craxyguy562 Offline
Pariah

The God Council

crazyguy562 sips a drink that looks like red fruit punch and says nothing.

Hidden stuff:

Gwedin Wrote:  Dat feel when you get home, realise it's Friday, and itch your buttcrack.
09-21-2014 02:28 PM
Subb Offline
Music Nerd

(Lennon sits next to Crazyguy.) Could I have a glass of that? I can give you a...(Reaches into his jacket and pulls out a cigar.) Taste of Capitalistian tobacco, I think. Interesting, they banned drugs before I was seven. Don't know why this is on me... But it's yours, if you want it.-Lennon

Sub's Mental Log!

RIP GWEDIN
RIP URITIYOGI
RIP NIGHT
RIP HANSGROHE
RIP VON
RIP WES
RIP USERNAME
(This post was last modified: 09-21-2014 02:48 PM by Subb.)
09-21-2014 02:47 PM
craxyguy562 Offline
Pariah

The God Council

crazyguy looks at her drink and than at the cigar, "No thanks, my drink is good enough, but you can have a some." She pours some into a plastic cup and gives it to Lennon.

((OOC: Can I rp in this format? So used to it.))

Hidden stuff:

09-21-2014 02:52 PM
Subb Offline
Music Nerd

Well, thank you! (Puts cigar away and takes a swig.) Delicious... I'm really missing my co leader right now. He'd keep everyone on the ground.-Lennon

(OOC:Sure!)

Sub's Mental Log!

RIP GWEDIN
RIP URITIYOGI
RIP NIGHT
RIP HANSGROHE
RIP VON
RIP WES
RIP USERNAME
(This post was last modified: 09-21-2014 02:59 PM by Subb.)
09-21-2014 02:59 PM
craxyguy562 Offline
Pariah

The God Council

crazyguy nods and listens than says, "Then bring your co-leader back."

Hidden stuff:

(This post was last modified: 09-22-2014 01:48 PM by craxyguy562.)
09-21-2014 03:08 PM
Ky Offline
Shadow

The God Council

Martin: The fact that Mr. Lennon and I ascended to godhood at all is nothing shy of a freak accident; I doubt his former co-leader Mr. Adams would be able to make it here even if we could arrange for him to die in a spectacular fashion. More importantly, the world needs Adams as a mortal - think of him as one of our agents on the inside, one of the keys to resolving the threat caused by...a certain someone's drunken partying.

DoA absentmindedly fiddles with his godly "leaf" crown as Martin glares in his direction, oblivious to the fact that he crafted it out of a common lampshade while he was inebriated.

09-22-2014 02:10 PM
Subb Offline
Music Nerd

Yeah, you're right... But it isn't random circumstance that made us gods. I think someone, something, picked us... Maybe it'll pick him too... Problably won't happen, but it's nice to think about, at least... -Lennon

Sub's Mental Log!

RIP GWEDIN
RIP URITIYOGI
RIP NIGHT
RIP HANSGROHE
RIP VON
RIP WES
RIP USERNAME
(This post was last modified: 09-22-2014 02:31 PM by Subb.)
09-22-2014 02:29 PM
Ky Offline
Shadow

The God Council

DoA: *without looking up* That was me, brah. God o' fate, remember?

Martin: *snarkily* Hm. It speaks!

DoA: *continues to look down at his 'work' rather than address anyone* You're totes sarcastic for a priest. Why you buggin'? That's outta character, isn't it, b?

Martin: *visibly struggling to conceal his annoyance* Not necessarily. During my days of priesthood, a mortal clad in garments similar to yours would frequent the chapel and ask inane questions about the various gods and how the Fawsum dynasty was supposedly related to them. One night, he got extremely drunk and, among other things, fondled the statuary...and it was my job to clean up the mess he left behind. *sighs* Thinking about it brings back a number of other bad memories...

(This post was last modified: 09-22-2014 02:43 PM by Ky.)
09-22-2014 02:36 PM
Subb Offline
Music Nerd

Shit, man. That must've been terrible for you... I have a Capitalistian cigar if you want it, apparently... Feel free to look in your pockets. You might find some suprises in there.-Lennon

Sub's Mental Log!

RIP GWEDIN
RIP URITIYOGI
RIP NIGHT
RIP HANSGROHE
RIP VON
RIP WES
RIP USERNAME
09-22-2014 02:53 PM
Ky Offline
Shadow

The God Council

Martin: Oh, believe me, that wasn't the worst experience I've had, but we'll have to save storytime for another time.

DoA: Aww, man!

Martin: Anyway, I've already checked my person, and have found...a League-issued pistol and silencer, one of the few in existence, I'd imagine...a magic staff made to look like a rose, which I sto- rather, obtained in my youth, rarely used, and later parted with...some sort of bone horn, likely some sort of signaling device in ancient times...and, most noticeably, an absurdly sharp steel sword that feels cold to the touch. Strange - I dedicated my life to peace, yet each of these trinkets are tools of war.

(OOC: Not to mention not-so-subtle allusions to various roles Sean Bean has played - respectively, Alec Trevelyan in Goldeneye, Martin Septim in TES: Oblivion, Boromir in LoTR, and Ned Stark in GoT - each of which, needless to say, died in order to conclude part of an ongoing storyline just as my character Martin did. One does not simply walk into GoSS without tying pop culture in somehow, indeed.)

09-22-2014 03:29 PM
Subb Offline
Music Nerd

All that stuff? Well, I need to dig around more...

(Lennon lays out all of his stuff on the table.)

The cigar, obviously. An old time torch, like from the movies. A candle, that smells of sandelwood. A packet of flash paper, from my magician phase when I was a teen. And... A vial of gunpowder? I don't know why I need these, but I do need a lighter.-Lennon

Sub's Mental Log!

RIP GWEDIN
RIP URITIYOGI
RIP NIGHT
RIP HANSGROHE
RIP VON
RIP WES
RIP USERNAME
09-22-2014 04:21 PM
Chanku Offline
Fanatic

Given 31 thank(s) in 18 post(s)
The God Council

-clears my throat- People ascend to god-hood when an aspect of me gets strong enough to warrant it to split and a person happens to die in a 'spectacular' fashion and they also meet the aspect that's branching off.

Pretty Much my only signature...I'm mainly a lurker....you can find me on the IRC (or on DnE and their IRC).

[Image: USVWSwj.png]
09-23-2014 05:21 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

The God Council

DoA: *continues fiddling with his lampshade, doesn't look up* I give new gods their powers too, mang - everyone here is made outta order and chaos 'xept me and your high and mightiness, like how Sub is half and half and most of the rest lean one way or the other. I thought I heard a legend about someone who isn't order and isn't chaos either, but I forgot it, haha.

Martin: I certainly hope not. One utterly disorderly deity is more than enough for me!

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2014 09:56 AM by Ky.)
09-23-2014 05:44 AM
craxyguy562 Offline
Pariah

The God Council

"I always wondered. Am I more orderly or more chaotic?" crazyguy asked.

Hidden stuff:

09-23-2014 08:49 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

The God Council

DoA: *puts his undignified crown back on his head, faces crazyguy* Dunno, chica.

Martin: That's probably the straightest answer you'll get out of him; to him, everything that isn't spontaneous, surprising, or random is an arbitrary structure.

09-23-2014 10:08 AM
Subb Offline
Music Nerd

Wait... Powers? I didn't know you got powers as well. Does that mean...

(Lennon outstretches his hand, snaps his fingers, and his thumb catches ablaze.)

AGH OH OW AAAGH!!! Wait... That's hot, and I feel it gnawing at my flesh, but it doesn't hurt. Either something's wrong, or it's supposed to do that. Cool!

(Lennon smothers the flame, and glares at DoA.)

Dude! Why didn't you tell me I'm the Firelord all of a sudden!-Lennon

Sub's Mental Log!

RIP GWEDIN
RIP URITIYOGI
RIP NIGHT
RIP HANSGROHE
RIP VON
RIP WES
RIP USERNAME
09-24-2014 05:33 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

The God Council

Martin: *casts a basic defense ward, which appears to be a translucent wall of light extending from his fingertips* I gained Anakata's power after DoA tampered with the fabric of reality - thankfully, it was to separate the mortal realm from hell instead of pulling them closer together - and you died in the inferno of an explosion. Furthermore, I'm somewhat defensive and you have a fiery personality, which might also play a part in what powers we have...

(OOC: Martin's powers are used to dispel the dead/undead, as well, but he has no way of knowing that.)

DoA: Naw, bro, I just handed 'em out randomly.

Martin: ...or that.

09-24-2014 05:55 AM
craxyguy562 Offline
Pariah

The God Council

"I prefer the theory that the powers were given randomly. Sounds more magical to me." comments crazyguy.

Hidden stuff:

09-25-2014 10:38 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

The God Council

Martin: They often said magic has a mind of its own. It seems that mind is yours.

DoA: Yeeaaah.

09-25-2014 12:08 PM
craxyguy562 Offline
Pariah

The God Council

"Speaking of magic, I just recently gave magic to a four year-old boy." She brags.

Hidden stuff:

09-27-2014 12:47 PM
Subb Offline
Music Nerd

(Sub is finally back, though visably annoyed and slightly fearful.)

Okay, what's new?-Sub

Look! I control fire! Why didn't anyone tell me? I'd have made a cape of smoke or something!-Lennon

Yeah yeah yeah, shut it. I'm glad that the tool you have been equipped with is actually something that you enjoy. Not everyone gets that luxury. I can make adjustments to variables and balance the world, but DoA put in a little mechanism to make are that it stays in balance. Pain. Searing, blistering, intolerable pain. But... it's useful, because it's how I know what's going on. Needless to say, right now... I'd be in the emergency room if I was mortal. It's the reality I deal with...-Sub

Woah, you hide it well... WAIT! I HAVE AN IDEA! (Turns to DoA) We shouldn't intervene in a direct, fiddle with everything way, but...(Lennon lights his hands ablaze and holds them in front of him.) What if we intervened in a religious way? You know, go down, show that we're gods, promote our ideals, really spread around magic, stuff like that. Instead of making things change, inspire the mortals to make the change?-Lennon

Seems like a fair proposition. Better than waiting...-Sub

Sub's Mental Log!

RIP GWEDIN
RIP URITIYOGI
RIP NIGHT
RIP HANSGROHE
RIP VON
RIP WES
RIP USERNAME
09-27-2014 02:32 PM
craxyguy562 Offline
Pariah

The God Council

"How about we use witchcraft to inspire and interfere?" Suggest crazyguy.

Hidden stuff:

09-27-2014 02:39 PM
Ky Offline
Shadow

The God Council

DoA: Dudes, I'm all for it, but Mr. Leader Guy here *points at Chanku* is the dude you gotta convince.

09-27-2014 03:15 PM
Subb Offline
Music Nerd

Wait... Maybe I could do this...-Lennon

(Lennon stands in front of a mirror, and then burns the top of his sportcoat in such a way that the red smolders output a huge amount of smoke. The smoke then falls, both hugging and collapsing around his form, obstructing his suit. He then wraps a few tendrils around his face, making every part of him completely shrouded by smoke.)

If that doesn't look divine, what does?-Lennon

(Lennon talks to Chanku in this new way of presenting himself.)

Sub's Mental Log!

RIP GWEDIN
RIP URITIYOGI
RIP NIGHT
RIP HANSGROHE
RIP VON
RIP WES
RIP USERNAME
09-27-2014 03:37 PM
Chanku Offline
Fanatic

Given 31 thank(s) in 18 post(s)
The God Council

No. We mustn't interfere. I tried to do so in the past, and some of the old gods tried, but it failed, and look at what I had to do! I had to remake the world!

Pretty Much my only signature...I'm mainly a lurker....you can find me on the IRC (or on DnE and their IRC).

[Image: USVWSwj.png]
09-28-2014 01:10 AM
Subb Offline
Music Nerd

The God Council

(The smoke falls off Lennon onto the floor, and he drops his head.)

Well, everyone is for the idea so far, and it's a better solution than what you have in mind, which is nothing. Lennon, a minor god, has a better plan, than you, the "Mighty" creator god. I say there should be a switch in power...-Sub

SUB! Shut it. You remember what happened last time.-Lennon

I do. Chanku tortured me in an effort to prove his power. But, that kind power only has some semblance of purpose if he ruled the world with an iron fist, which he chooses not to. Still leads me to believe that his only use was to create the world, and is just lounging around, without any form of-Sub

One more word and I torch you, Sub.-Lennon

Agh, there's no need to. (Sub grips his chest.) There's news in Capitalistian, by the way...-Sub

Sub's Mental Log!

RIP GWEDIN
RIP URITIYOGI
RIP NIGHT
RIP HANSGROHE
RIP VON
RIP WES
RIP USERNAME
09-30-2014 04:49 AM