Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To All Forum Helpers
Ky Offline
Shadow

Given 1468 thank(s) in 974 post(s)
To All Forum Helpers

Do you know what to do if you see a post/thread consistent of advertising or some other kind of spam?

If you guessed "send a snarky reply" or "start a discussion about black magic", you guessed incorrectly!

When a spambot leaves unwanted messages, and no one else has done anything yet, don't delay: Unapprove their threads and/or posts. The option for this can be found at the bottom of any thread's page; as forum helpers, we have access to a few of the moderator tools. No one else (except for the moderators, who will finish the job and ban the spambot responsible) will then be able to read their messages, thus defeating the point of leaving spam here.

The ability to split, move, and hide posts is a privilege, so use it wisely.

Public Service Announcement: First world problems are still problems.
09-12-2014 03:30 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Chanku Offline
Fanatic

Given 31 thank(s) in 18 post(s)
To All Forum Helpers

I also would encourage helpers to post somewhere a list containing the posts and a link to the posts

Pretty Much my only signature...I'm mainly a lurker....you can find me on the IRC (or on DnE and their IRC).

[Image: USVWSwj.png]
09-12-2014 03:39 AM
Username Offline
Drunkard

Given 225 thank(s) in 163 post(s)
RE: To All Forum Helpers

(09-12-2014 03:30 AM)DoA Wrote:  If you guessed "send a snarky reply"

am not forem helpuuh

I'm just a normal functioning member of the human race and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.
09-12-2014 03:42 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

(09-12-2014 03:39 AM)Chanku Wrote:  I also would encourage helpers to post somewhere a list containing the posts and a link to the posts

Don't the posts/threads show up in red to you when unapproved?

09-12-2014 03:52 AM
Chanku Offline
Fanatic

Given 31 thank(s) in 18 post(s)
To All Forum Helpers

They do, but we still have to manually find them, so if there are several of them might as well point us to them.

Pretty Much my only signature...I'm mainly a lurker....you can find me on the IRC (or on DnE and their IRC).

[Image: USVWSwj.png]
09-12-2014 03:57 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1961 thank(s) in 1203 post(s)
To All Forum Helpers

Moderators/Admins can also view the recently unapproved posts in the queue here:
http://forums.school-survival.net/modcp....n=modqueue

Don't think Forum Helpers can see that though.

I killed the spam. Smile

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2

"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
09-12-2014 04:37 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
no Offline
True Scotsman

Given 473 thank(s) in 299 post(s)

FWIW, I never wanted to be a forum helper; I never asked, never was asked, and apparently was given this status while I wasn't even active. And the mythical "leave group button" still hasn't materialized, so saying "U NO DUIN UR JAB" is very reminescent of, um, oh yeah school...

Hello, traveler.

This is an ancient account I have not used in a long time. My views have changed much in the intervening months and years.

Nonetheless, I refuse to clean it up. Pretending that I've held my current views since the beginning of time is what we in the industry call a lie. Asking people to do so contributes to moralistic self-loathing. "See, those people have nothing damning! I do! I'm truly vile!"

Because you can never be a good person with a single blemish on the moral record, I thought that simply entertaining some thoughts made me irredeemable. Though I don't care for his writing style, William Faulkner presents a good counterexample. He went from being a typical Southern racist to supporting the civil rights movement. These days we'd yell at him for that, probably.

People are allowed to change their views.

Nevertheless, this period of my life has informed some of how I am today. In good ways and bad ways. To purge it would be to do a disservice to history. Perhaps it will not make anyone sympathetic, but it may help someone understand.

If, after reading all this, you still decide to use the post above as evidence that I am evil today, ask yourself if you have never disagreed with the moral code you now follow. In all likelihood you did, at some point. If some questions are verboten, and the answer is "how dare you ask that," don't expect your ideological opponents to ever change their minds.
09-12-2014 05:32 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

(09-12-2014 05:32 AM)no Wrote:  FWIW, I never wanted to be a forum helper; I never asked, never was asked, and apparently was given this status while I wasn't even active. And the mythical "leave group button" still hasn't materialized, so saying "U NO DUIN UR JAB" is very reminescent of, um, oh yeah school...

Alright, no problem - I removed you from the group. If anyone wants to join or leave the Forum Helpers group, just tell me.

09-12-2014 05:36 AM
GamerGurl Away
"Queen of Cosplay"

Given 233 thank(s) in 157 post(s)

(09-12-2014 05:32 AM)no Wrote:  FWIW, I never wanted to be a forum helper; I never asked, never was asked, and apparently was given this status while I wasn't even active. And the mythical "leave group button" still hasn't materialized, so saying "U NO DUIN UR JAB" is very reminescent of, um, oh yeah school...
It was just a friendly reminder. No need to compare this to that living hell. Smile

Seven crappy hours of our lives.
09-12-2014 05:43 AM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Given 1982 thank(s) in 1427 post(s)
To All Forum Helpers

What?

I missed a spam invasion?

Personality DNA Report
(06-14-2013 08:02 AM)Potato Wrote:  watch the fuq out, we've got an "intellectual" over here.

Hidden stuff:
[Image: watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme-240x180.png]
Brainiac3397's Mental Health Status Log Wrote:[Image: l0Iy5HKskJO5XD3Wg.gif]
09-12-2014 07:32 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1961 thank(s) in 1203 post(s)
To All Forum Helpers

If 5 duplicate posts about fake ID's counts as an invasion... sure.

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2

"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
09-12-2014 08:41 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Re-organization of the Forum Helpers Group Chanku 19 3,119 10-10-2014 10:49 AM
Last Post: brainiac3397
  Forum Helpers SoulRiser 9 1,842 08-21-2014 07:32 AM
Last Post: Ky