RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Has the gay pride movement gone too far?
DeadorAlive Offline
The Other DOA

Given 23 thank(s) in 15 post(s)

The gay pride movement has pretty much invaded almost every aspect of our culture, and its starting to get annoying. I don't want to be reminded all the time when I eat a whopper, or watch TV. I mean the whole purpose of the movement is for gays to become more accepted by society BUT In my opinion, once gay marriage gets legalized nationwide, the LGBT community is not going to get much more acceptance, because there will always be highly religious who will not give up what they believe, because their religion tells them to do so, and others who believe they corrupt society. I am a Catholic myself and am against gay marriage and homosexual practices, but believe the homosexual community should be allowed to practice their own ways (with definitely the exception of NAMBLA), because we accept and allow others with different religions to practice their own beliefs, even though that being one religion will go against the beliefs of another religion.

Like I said how the LGBT movement has invaded our culture already, I want to ask, will this negatively effect our children? We all know that developing children are very impressionable, and when they are surrounded in a world where they read books like "Willa has Two Mommies, or play a videogame with gay characters, they will obviously accept this as normal. Don't rage yet. Keep reading Like Macklemore said, when he was in the third grade he thought he was gay, even though he really wasn't, and was loving girls before pre-k. My point is, many kids are starting to experiment and confuse themselves with homosexuality, even though they may be perfectly straight. At my sister's old middleschool, she said in order for girls to fit in with the popular crowd, they would be lesbian and date other girls. Do we really need this? I don't want to end up marrying a straight woman who had sex with another woman before.

I just think the movement needs to quiet down a bit. Homosexuals make up a really small fraction of the US, and some want to make themselves out to look like its 50% straight 50% gay.

Opinions?

[Image: eat_my_train_shit__animated__by_leonartisan-d7px68f.gif]
I missed my old username
(This post was last modified: 07-07-2014 01:29 PM by DeadorAlive.)
07-07-2014 01:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: KFC Nyan Cat , Missile , 1312
Evan92 Offline
Revolutionary

Given 69 thank(s) in 42 post(s)

The institution of marriage must be available to us as it is a contract of joint holdings. Pensions, benefits, insurance payouts, joint tax holdings and many other important legal rights. Not all of us are flamboyant and campy, nor are we all "freaks". Sadly all the negative aspects of the gay community garner the most attention. After somethings I have personally witnessed as a gay man it makes me ashamed of who I am. There is a difference between gay people and faggots as there is a difference between black people and n*****s.
07-07-2014 02:47 PM
 Thanks given by: DeadorAlive , Rule_BreakerXVIII , KFC Nyan Cat
Rule_BreakerXVIII Offline
Revolutionary

Given 271 thank(s) in 168 post(s)

A lot of people agree that everyone should be allowed to marry provided they are consenting adults. But the over-flamboyance of this movement is turning a preference into a stereotype. "Gay" and "straight are gonna become labels soon. I don't like it.

About it's effect on kids, it's up to us (those who want kids, at least Razz) to raise our kids properly, away from the madness.

Quote:In my opinion, once gay marriage gets legalized nationwide, the LGBT community is not going to get much more acceptance, because there will always be highly religious who will not give up what they believe, because their religion tells them to do so, and others who believe they corrupt society.

Agreed-it's similar to the anti-school movement in the sense that there will always be idiots who think that a broken system still works. Both the gay and anti-school movements need to get over this.

Don't play chess with pigeons-they'll just knock over the pieces, shit on the board and strut about like they won anyway.
-the Internet

Quote:May the days and months of flowing bitterness be rewarded...
To forget!?

Unforgivable!!
07-07-2014 09:56 PM
 Thanks given by: KFC Nyan Cat
magikarp Offline
Valerie Solanas

Given 68 thank(s) in 47 post(s)
RE: Has the gay pride movement gone too far?

(07-07-2014 01:27 PM)Valentino Wrote:  My point is, many kids are starting to experiment and confuse themselves with homosexuality, even though they may be perfectly straight.
And? They have a girlfriend or boyfriend, decide it's not for them, so what?

"Do we treat straight public sex differently than we do gay public sex? Of course. Straight people are so proud of their public sex that they named a cocktail after it."
07-08-2014 09:33 AM
 Thanks given by: Rule_BreakerXVIII
Night Offline
Queen Mod

Given 372 thank(s) in 211 post(s)

5 years ago I was in middle school. If homosexuality was something people saw as normal maybe I wouldn't have gotten stuff thrown at me in class. Maybe I wouldn't have had people literally running away from me. Perhaps I wouldn't have been called a monster.

Maybe if it was seen as normal I could've posted that picture of me kissing my friend, and later my girlfriend, without anyone caring.

Not to mention the countless other kids who literally get their asses beat or commit suicide.

So what if kids see it as something normal?? So what if they experiment a little with the same sex! They'll figure it out. And it'll be much better because if they figure out they're straight, woohoo for them! IF they figure out their gay or bi, they won't have to worry about people beating them up and shit. it's a fucking win win!!

I have to agree though, super flamboyant stereotypical gay can get kind of annoying. But how often do you even see that? I've only ever seen that on TV. I've met a few very obviously gay men. But really I were to put 10 people in front of you and 4 of them were gay, you'd have no fucking idea.

Oh and so what if they don't immediately get accepted? Did black get immediately accepted? fuck no! Decades later and they're still having problems! It's an uphill battle and we don't need any pseudo-accepting individuals to try and "reason" their way into keeping us down. *coughcough*

Btw, I'm bisexual, however I live straight because I'm only romantically attracted to men.

I'm a girl ffffeck
Hidden stuff:
(This post was last modified: 07-08-2014 10:04 AM by Night.)
07-08-2014 10:01 AM
 Thanks given by: magikarp , Rule_BreakerXVIII
LOON_ATTIC Offline
A NERD

Given 60 thank(s) in 49 post(s)

Quote:The gay pride movement has pretty much invaded almost every aspect of our culture
No.

Quote:and its starting to get annoying
No.

I don't see it that much, maybe it's because I don't give a fuck.
07-08-2014 10:49 AM
SwiftEscudo Offline
Actually Duelix

Given 102 thank(s) in 57 post(s)

I don't see any 'gay invasion' of society, just like I don't see any 'black invasion' or 'asian invasion'. Maybe that's because I'm not a conservative or a reactionary, but still.

Also marriage is a bourgeois institution, but I still believe in marriage equality because it's certainly better than marriage inequality.

RIP GORE GOROTH
RIP SAINTVICIOUS
[Image: fuckinghell_zpsb0150fd5.png]
07-08-2014 10:03 PM
 Thanks given by: I Must Enter a Username
Missile Offline
с гордостью девственница

Given 112 thank(s) in 82 post(s)

“If we are about intimidating the free speech of others, we are no better than the anti-gay bullies who came before us,” - Andrew Sullivan (who is gay)

Wake up people, and look at life around you
http://debunking911.com/?no_redirect=true

[Image: DK3ygqj.gif]
07-09-2014 03:51 AM
KFC Nyan Cat Away
suck 360 blazeit hooks

Given 244 thank(s) in 167 post(s)

I don't want to see the gay pride movement every time I buy a Whopper or check Equestria Daily.

City YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/kfcnyancat
City Tumblr: http://kfcnyancat.tumblr.com (no longer operational due to personal issues)

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence" - Donald Rumsfeld

For anyone who remembers me going on an archive binge: Thank you all. I know I ended it being a drama queen, I don't really agree with the ideology anymore, and I'm really not the same person I was (I went through a neopagan phase!) but still this site was the first online community I was in. I graduated from school and turned 18. Time flies. KFC Nyan Cat, June 20, 2019.
07-09-2014 08:05 AM
SwiftEscudo Offline
Actually Duelix

Given 102 thank(s) in 57 post(s)

(07-09-2014 08:05 AM)KFC Nyan Cat Wrote:  I don't want to see the gay pride movement every time I buy a Whopper or check Equestria Daily.

Too bad. The world does not need to succumb to your interests.

RIP GORE GOROTH
RIP SAINTVICIOUS
[Image: fuckinghell_zpsb0150fd5.png]
07-10-2014 12:29 AM
no Offline
True Scotsman

Given 474 thank(s) in 299 post(s)

Depends. Can there be a straight pride movement?

If not, that means that the gay pride movement is saying that gay > straight because being gay is something to be proud of while being straight isn't.

I know, I know, "but oppression and shit." But in that case what you're being proud of isn't the state of being gay, but some kind of "resiliency pride." Which could be combined with people like homeless, cognitive refugees etc. All those people who are marginalized and shunned. It makes sense to be proud of surviving against the (artificial) odds, but not to be proud of just being born with a certain characteristic. Same thing with "black pride" etc. If you survived dealing with some asshole racists, sure, be proud of that! Just being born with black skin (which you can't control and requires 0 effort) doesn't make sense to be proud of.

Call me a stickler or a homophobic racist, I don't care.

Hello, traveler.

This is an ancient account I have not used in a long time. My views have changed much in the intervening months and years.

Nonetheless, I refuse to clean it up. Pretending that I've held my current views since the beginning of time is what we in the industry call a lie. Asking people to do so contributes to moralistic self-loathing. "See, those people have nothing damning! I do! I'm truly vile!"

Because you can never be a good person with a single blemish on the moral record, I thought that simply entertaining some thoughts made me irredeemable. Though I don't care for his writing style, William Faulkner presents a good counterexample. He went from being a typical Southern racist to supporting the civil rights movement. These days we'd yell at him for that, probably.

People are allowed to change their views.

Nevertheless, this period of my life has informed some of how I am today. In good ways and bad ways. To purge it would be to do a disservice to history. Perhaps it will not make anyone sympathetic, but it may help someone understand.

If, after reading all this, you still decide to use the post above as evidence that I am evil today, ask yourself if you have never disagreed with the moral code you now follow. In all likelihood you did, at some point. If some questions are verboten, and the answer is "how dare you ask that," don't expect your ideological opponents to ever change their minds.
07-10-2014 03:05 AM
 Thanks given by: Rule_BreakerXVIII
Ky Offline
Shadow

Given 1469 thank(s) in 972 post(s)

Doesn't really bother me.

Public Service Announcement: First world problems are still problems.
07-10-2014 03:13 AM
1312 Offline
It gets better, believe me. :)

Given 44 thank(s) in 30 post(s)

(07-10-2014 03:05 AM)no Wrote:  Depends. Can there be a straight pride movement?

If not, that means that the gay pride movement is saying that gay > straight because being gay is something to be proud of while being straight isn't.

I know, I know, "but oppression and shit." But in that case what you're being proud of isn't the state of being gay, but some kind of "resiliency pride." Which could be combined with people like homeless, cognitive refugees etc. All those people who are marginalized and shunned. It makes sense to be proud of surviving against the (artificial) odds, but not to be proud of just being born with a certain characteristic. Same thing with "black pride" etc. If you survived dealing with some asshole racists, sure, be proud of that! Just being born with black skin (which you can't control and requires 0 effort) doesn't make sense to be proud of.

Call me a stickler or a homophobic racist, I don't care.

They jailed someone in france who wore a "straight and proud" tshirt, this faggotry promoting movement is fucked up.
(This post was last modified: 07-10-2014 05:48 AM by 1312.)
07-10-2014 05:47 AM
 Thanks given by: KFC Nyan Cat
Night Offline
Queen Mod

Given 372 thank(s) in 211 post(s)

I have nothing against straight pride unless you're using it to be a homophobic dick. I don't have anything wrong with white pride either as long as you're not using it to be a racist dick. Plain and simple.

Like I'm proud of being Ukrainian. I'm extremely proud, I mean just look at my icon!! Doesn't mean I look down on people of other nationalities.

If you don't want gay pride to be in your face, here's a thought, ignore it! And if it really bothers you, here's a hint, you might just be a homophobe!
Or why don't you just make it so that gay pride doesn't have to be all over the place and help the movement. If homosexuality was normal, we wouldn't need gay pride. So fuck off with that shit.

I'm a girl ffffeck
Hidden stuff:
07-10-2014 07:17 AM
magikarp Offline
Valerie Solanas

(07-10-2014 03:05 AM)no Wrote:  But in that case what you're being proud of isn't the state of being gay, but some kind of "resiliency pride."
...That is basically what it is. Do y'all really not know that the first gay pride stuff was more or less a direct response to police harassment?

"Do we treat straight public sex differently than we do gay public sex? Of course. Straight people are so proud of their public sex that they named a cocktail after it."
07-10-2014 09:01 AM
School Offline
Call me Raz

Given 41 thank(s) in 27 post(s)

Who cares if kids experiment in homosexual or heterosexual ways? Kids are generally more open like that. They just want to do what feels good and is fun. All that social baggage gets dumped on later. It's good to experiment and get experience. It helps. That's how humans learn and mature.

Let the gays have their parades. The Italians, Puerto Ricans, Portuguese, Albanians, Blacks, etc. etc. all have parades too.

You can call me Raz

Current Game I'm Playing:
[Image: Eliwood_lord_sword_zps56a7be95.gif]
07-10-2014 09:25 AM
KFC Nyan Cat Away
suck 360 blazeit hooks

Given 244 thank(s) in 167 post(s)

Are there any events that are more like the Pride MARCH (yes, it was initially a march before it became a shitty parade) of 1970? I'll gladly support that.

City YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/kfcnyancat
City Tumblr: http://kfcnyancat.tumblr.com (no longer operational due to personal issues)

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence" - Donald Rumsfeld

For anyone who remembers me going on an archive binge: Thank you all. I know I ended it being a drama queen, I don't really agree with the ideology anymore, and I'm really not the same person I was (I went through a neopagan phase!) but still this site was the first online community I was in. I graduated from school and turned 18. Time flies. KFC Nyan Cat, June 20, 2019.
(This post was last modified: 07-11-2014 01:58 PM by KFC Nyan Cat.)
07-11-2014 06:37 AM
magikarp Offline
Valerie Solanas

(A small point, but the first pride march was in 1970 at the anniversary of the stonewall riots, not immediately after it.)

And uh, no, there's not really anything in the year of our lord 2014 that embodies the political priorities of the gay movement in 1970.

(This post was last modified: 07-11-2014 01:11 PM by magikarp.)
07-11-2014 01:07 PM
I Must Enter a Username Away
DoApocalypse Survivor

Given 69 thank(s) in 59 post(s)

I know this user quite personally relatively to everyone else here. I remembered that he once responded that (paraphrasing his apparent thoughts and statements here) my homosexuality was the result of partially the "coercion" of some queer "supremacist" cabal's seizure of the media (Not long ago, he seriously believed that exposure to a certain crossdressing cartoon character "makes kids gay".), and also that my then-early interest in radical theory was a considerable factor in turning me "into the gay", which is all total bullshit, of course (To note, I have recalled several minor memories from my prepubescence as indicators for my sexual orientation later on, and I don't believe that I was ever "exposed to [specifically what conservative moralists have coined as ->] the gay propaganda machine" or whatever is a fashionable incoherent set of words for idiots to use today, or any such homosexual behavior.)

To also note, he initially denied my homosexuality in a very odd way, with him constantly telling me that (the following is paraphrasing but is really close to what he has actually said), "You are confused, you are a teenager and you don't know that stuff yet or yourself that much" which was some odd reasoning for someone who is so certain of his heterosexuality at the same age that I am.

Also notable from him was that "soy milk = gay satanism", but to be fair to him on this point, it's been a while since he has espoused the painful truth of the concentrated devilry in evil milk products.

I take the neo-(Clara)Zetkin line (classically stressing pro-suffrage in its strictly historical context, along with general social equality, but definitely didn't disregard the ultimately liberatory abolition of capitalism and its bourgeois institutions) on gay marriage and similar things. As for some people making embarrassing idiots out of themselves in this thread (With Ledos being a hysterically laughable (and an emotionally-loaded hypocritical->) example of this), I'll just say that I largely agree with this post: http://www.revleft.com/vb/showpost.php?p...ostcount=4
(This post was last modified: 07-16-2014 02:32 PM by I Must Enter a Username.)
07-16-2014 02:14 PM
DoApocalypse Survivor

I somehow missed reading this the last time:
"I just think the movement needs to quiet down a bit. Homosexuals make up a really small fraction of the US, and some want to make themselves out to look like its 50% straight 50% gay."
What the hell? How fucking stupid could you be?
You know what? Fuck you and the users who thanked your shitty post. I've had it with your dumbass bullshit here and elsewhere.
07-17-2014 03:02 PM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Given 1983 thank(s) in 1428 post(s)

(07-17-2014 03:02 PM)I Must Enter a Username Wrote:  I somehow missed reading this the last time:
"I just think the movement needs to quiet down a bit. Homosexuals make up a really small fraction of the US, and some want to make themselves out to look like its 50% straight 50% gay."
You know what? Fuck you and the users who thanked your shitty post. I've had it with your dumbass bullshit here and elsewhere.

a)Where hath you been comrade?

b)When did Sealand have political parties?

Personality DNA Report
(06-14-2013 08:02 AM)Potato Wrote:  watch the fuq out, we've got an "intellectual" over here.

Hidden stuff:
[Image: watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme-240x180.png]
Brainiac3397's Mental Health Status Log Wrote:[Image: l0Iy5HKskJO5XD3Wg.gif]
07-17-2014 03:04 PM
DoApocalypse Survivor

(07-17-2014 03:04 PM)brainiac3397 Wrote:  
(07-17-2014 03:02 PM)I Must Enter a Username Wrote:  I somehow missed reading this the last time:

a)Where hath you been comrade?

b)When did Sealand have political parties?

I've been busy with my family.
Also, I will be sending the second PDF collection either by 3-4 AM CST or at some unspecified time tomorrow. Same password.
07-17-2014 03:12 PM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Cool.

I've decided to use my company computer to download zip, then I upload it all onto my Google Drive so I can access anywhere Razz

Personality DNA Report
(06-14-2013 08:02 AM)Potato Wrote:  watch the fuq out, we've got an "intellectual" over here.

Hidden stuff:
07-17-2014 03:19 PM
DoApocalypse Survivor

Hah, I've got quite an interesting response from the OP.
07-18-2014 05:28 PM
DoApocalypse Survivor

(07-17-2014 03:19 PM)brainiac3397 Wrote:  Cool.

I've decided to use my company computer to download zip, then I upload it all onto my Google Drive so I can access anywhere Razz

If you were having any problems downloading, it should be fixed now.
07-21-2014 06:05 PM
thewake Offline
Unconstructive

Given 296 thank(s) in 201 post(s)

I'm tired of this "gay pride movement" and honestly think it can GO TO HELL. First it's gays then it's heathen polygamy, bestiality, and even pedophilia. WE CANNOT ACCEPT THIS. And the liberal scientific establishment is in on it too. I'm not one of those homo sapiens, I'm a hetero sapiens. Like Jesus fucking intended. Fuck this evolution bullshit making everyone gay. If we taught wholesome creationism in school none of this would have happened.

[Image: nAOqYk7.png]

[Image: USVWSwj.png]
07-22-2014 03:20 AM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

(07-22-2014 03:20 AM)Weswammy Wrote:  I'm tired of this "gay pride movement" and honestly think it can GO TO HELL. First it's gays then it's heathen polygamy, bestiality, and even pedophilia. WE CANNOT ACCEPT THIS. And the liberal scientific establishment is in on it too. I'm not one of those homo sapiens, I'm a hetero sapiens. Like Jesus fucking intended. Fuck this evolution bullshit making everyone gay. If we taught wholesome creationism in school none of this would have happened.

JESUS AMEN!

Personality DNA Report

Hidden stuff:
07-22-2014 06:34 AM
Missile Offline
с гордостью девственница

Given 112 thank(s) in 82 post(s)

(07-22-2014 03:20 AM)Weswammy Wrote:  I'm tired of this "gay pride movement" and honestly think it can GO TO HELL. First it's gays then it's heathen polygamy, bestiality, and even pedophilia. WE CANNOT ACCEPT THIS. And the liberal scientific establishment is in on it too. I'm not one of those homo sapiens, I'm a hetero sapiens. Like Jesus fucking intended. Fuck this evolution bullshit making everyone gay. If we taught wholesome creationism in school none of this would have happened.

You better get your riot shield ready for the hate you have a high chance of getting, or are you being sarcastic?

Wake up people, and look at life around you
http://debunking911.com/?no_redirect=true

[Image: DK3ygqj.gif]
(This post was last modified: 07-23-2014 08:31 AM by Missile.)
07-23-2014 08:30 AM
redstrain Offline
Defiant

Given 3 thank(s) in 3 post(s)

The biggest mistake queer culture ever made was trying to assimilate into heteronormativity. It's better to keep an in-your-face, radical approach to queer liberation.
10-23-2014 04:13 AM
 Thanks given by: magikarp

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Pride vs survival Dead 3 3,419 10-08-2015 02:19 PM
Last Post: brainiac3397
  Ethnicity/Race, Pride, and Shame James Comey 1 3,837 12-24-2013 12:27 PM
Last Post: no
  Movement!!! MOVEMENT PLEASE READ. happy fool called Nigel 51 8,485 01-22-2008 03:36 AM
Last Post: happy fool called Nigel