RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In which I rage about the first week of school.
Jordbaer Offline
Rebel

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)
In which I rage about the first week of school.

I just started school this week, and really I just want to bitch and cry about how much I hate this year already. I haven't been on much this summer, but I have a feeling I'll be here a lot this school year. I knew this year was going to suck a lot more than usual when they told us they were extending school hours by one class period. Apparently, we had too much free time, and teenagers are horrible delinquents. Well, that's how one of my teachers last year explained it to us, anyway. She very openly hates teenagers and yet has taught high school since the 80s.

They had the money to completely re-do the gym floor over the summer, but they can't fix the damn air conditioner. Oh, yes. That only applies to the gym air conditioner, but wouldn't you know that's where they have me sit during that extra hour because they canceled the class I signed up to take then? This actually happened to a lot of people. It's very hot where I live. Then, they get one of the strictest teachers in the whole damn school to stand in there and yell at us if we try to leave for the bathroom. (Fine, then. Maybe we should just all pee on their precious floor.) So, yes, I sat in the gym for an hour today doing nothing but sweating enough to fill a small lake simply because they don't want me to waste my time at home. Haha, oh, the stupidity...

I have a few problems with some of my classes. Most of them are personal problems, but they still upset me. I have issues that go way, way back with certain chemistry classmates, but again, that's a personal thing and not really the school's fault. I am also quite sad that I no longer have a class with what is probably the most interesting person at school: a senior girl who has a strange obsession with my mother and is both my friend and my enemy at the same time. (Yeah, it's a long, weird story...) She left me alone with our least favorite teacher, of course. Oh, well, I guess I needed to learn how to deal with school without her anyway since she'll graduate before me. It's just there aren't very many people at school I actually like.

Personal issues aside, the way I was treated during that last "class" today upset me very much. Why do I have to do nothing in the gym? Why can't I go do nothing in my grandma's car where it's air-conditioned? Why did they even need to extend school hours, anyway? I never did anything bad after school unless getting a soda with your grandma and waiting for your sister to get out of school is horrible.

As it is, the last three hours of my school day are completely unbearable. Well, more than usual, anyway. I actually have a teacher I like this year, but her class is way in the morning, so by the time I'm done with that, I really just feel like hiding somewhere. I don't know how I'll take a year of this.

Sorry, I just wanted to vent a little. I've had a crappy, crappy week, and it's not even Friday. Is it May yet?
08-12-2010 02:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Leon Kinotolian Offline
Admincat

Given 11 thank(s) in 9 post(s)
Re: In which I rage about the first week of school.

My friend, I have a brilliant suggestion for you.

Fuck the last period, it sucks.

No, seriously. When it comes time for your "last period", AKA sitting in the gym sweating your balls off, don't go there, or if you're there already, leave. Let no one stop you, but don't run unless they get someone who's actually big and strong enough to physically restrain you. Head straight for the car, preferably under cover of the mobile students (since during breaks, there can be quite a lot of students packed together in one hall/area, depending on your school).

Relax and shoot the shit with your grandmum, and if some teacher asshole tries to mess up your day, either get driven out of there (assuming your grandma likes you enough and understands this shit ain't right, yo) or tell off the teacher, informing him using LOGIC (they hate that) that there is no true reason for you to sweat your nuts off in an unairconditioned gym for an extra hour, when you could be home relaxing or even better, working towards a job.

RESISTANCE IS NOT FUTILE, MOTHERFUCKER.

By the way, what grade are you in?

*Tentaclerape*
Hidden stuff:
The Desert Fox Wrote:
Rebelnerd Wrote:Avatar was an inside job.
For $9.11 I'll give you an inside job.
Raikuron Wrote:Okay. I fail. DISREGARD THAT EVERYONE, I SUCK COCKS!
BaronVonStrangle Wrote:fox you should take everything mystery says with a pinch of salt

and by pinch of salt i actually mean you need to build a fucking salt processing plant so you have enough salt to dispell the bullshit
08-12-2010 06:48 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jordbaer Offline
Rebel

Today they tried to "fix" the situation about that last class period. I think they just made it worse. At least we could talk in the gym without getting screamed at... Now we've been divided up into groups to go sit in a classroom with a teacher. Because I have the worst luck ever, my group got the strictest teacher in the entire school. So now instead of sweating, we have to sit there and shut up for an hour.

Tomorrow, I'm going to talk to the counselor, who is in charge of schedule changes, and see if she can help me find something to do during that time. I told my mom about the whole thing, and she thinks it's so stupid that she is willing to come and get me out of school early every day if they don't give me something more constructive to do. I don't know how my dad and grandparents feel about it yet because I haven't told them exactly what they make us do during that time.

Today was marginally better with the exception of that last "class" because they made my friend (though I feel bad for her because no one actually wants to be there) come back to the class with the annoying teacher, but I still hate it and almost all the rest of my classes. I can't change any of the actual classes because my school offers very few options. I'm in tenth grade, by the way.
08-13-2010 09:07 AM
Joey93 Offline
Rebel

Leon Kinotolian Wrote:My friend, I have a brilliant suggestion for you.

Fuck the last period, it sucks.

No, seriously. When it comes time for your "last period", AKA sitting in the gym sweating your balls off, don't go there, or if you're there already, leave. Let no one stop you, but don't run unless they get someone who's actually big and strong enough to physically restrain you. Head straight for the car, preferably under cover of the mobile students (since during breaks, there can be quite a lot of students packed together in one hall/area, depending on your school).

Relax and shoot the shit with your grandmum, and if some teacher asshole tries to mess up your day, either get driven out of there (assuming your grandma likes you enough and understands this shit ain't right, yo) or tell off the teacher, informing him using LOGIC (they hate that) that there is no true reason for you to sweat your nuts off in an unairconditioned gym for an extra hour, when you could be home relaxing or even better, working towards a job.

RESISTANCE IS NOT FUTILE, MOTHERFUCKER.

By the way, what grade are you in?

Okay, I just kind of fell in love with your personality. No homo. You make me happeh with that "RESISTANCE IS NOT FUTILE, MOTHER FUCKER" Smile
08-18-2010 04:55 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Four-day school week can improve academic performance, study finds sswbm 24 5,421 08-31-2015 09:03 AM
Last Post: schoolsux
  RAGE RAGE RAGE I feel so bad for my cousin. UnschoolShqiponjë 54 11,797 09-27-2013 08:29 PM
Last Post: Roboka
  1 week of no school djdkkkk 5 2,553 11-20-2012 11:05 PM
Last Post: LiptomaticMate
  Pro School Week Finished - Completed LiptomaticMate 24 4,829 11-15-2012 02:24 AM
Last Post: SoulRiser
  1 week school pro only! LiptomaticMate 11 3,838 11-06-2012 07:49 AM
Last Post: SomeRandomHuman
  Anti-School Debate (Someone WILL rage at this) Miller0700 13 4,842 09-08-2012 03:56 PM
Last Post: Miller0700
  Final Week(s) Of School!!!! cp 60 6,859 07-12-2009 06:27 AM
Last Post: random_name
  wow first week of school and i already hate it mehateschool 25 2,965 08-20-2007 01:23 PM
Last Post: Abandoning Ship