RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A BRIEF HISTORY OF CORPORATE WHINING
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Given 80 thank(s) in 73 post(s)
A BRIEF HISTORY OF CORPORATE WHINING

[Image: 1266239203955.png]

[Image: WARZONES_subs_hostility.png]
image hosting jpg
08-16-2010 08:32 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

Given 28 thank(s) in 25 post(s)
Re: A BRIEF HISTORY OF CORPORATE WHINING

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDD!

When is children getting decent pay gonna be on here?

[Image: True-Blood-Banner-true-blood-2196368-500-82.jpg]
Faith o' Meter
-{|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||}-
Quote:Riddle me this, riddle me that. Give me a straight answer, you pain in the ass cat.
08-16-2010 09:05 AM
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

Given 160 thank(s) in 104 post(s)

I don't see the point of child labor laws. If the kids wanna work, let them work.

Hidden stuff:
TRIGGER WARNING: THIS TRIGGER WARNING CONTAINS TRIGGER WARNINGS!

Dear Tumblrites: Despite your wrongly self-diagnosed PTSD, no line of scientific evidence suggests people can be triggered over the internet. Triggering works through the senses (i.e. smell, taste, touch, vision, hearing.) but it goes through real time; if you're not experiencing it in real life as it's ACTUALLY HAPPENING in your ACTUAL life, you CANNOT be triggered. The only exception to this is if you have a seizure, but then again, that's triggered by epilepsy (i.e. rapidly-changing flashing lights) NOT PTSD. Remembering a bad incident is NOT the same thing as having a flashback. When you remember, you think; when you flashback, you feel.

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

[Image: violator_blackbg_110x32.gif]
Max Stirnir Wrote:"In the time of spirits thoughts grew till they overtopped my head, whose offspring they yet were; they hovered about me and convulsed me like fever-phantasies -- an awful power. The thoughts had become corporeal on their own account, were ghosts, e. g. God, Emperor, Pope, Fatherland, etc. If I destroy their corporeity, then I take them back into mine, and say: "I alone am corporeal." And now I take the world as what it is to me, as mine, as my property; I refer all to myself." The Ego and Its Own, pg. 15
Charles Manson Wrote:“Look down at me and you see a fool;
look up at me and you see a god;
look straight at me and you see yourself”
HeartofShadows Wrote:"Life is nothing more than a druggie trying to get their quick fix of happiness while dealing with the harsh withdrawal of reality"
Osip Mandelstam Wrote:"I divide all of world literature into authorized and unauthorized works. The former are all trash; the latter--stolen air. I want to spit in the face of every writer who first obtains permission and then writes." The Fourth Prose, 1930.
Lukas Foss Wrote:That is why the analogy of stealing does not work. With a thief, we want to know how much money he stole, and from whom. With the artist it is not how much he took and from whom, but what he did with it.
PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
 Pirate Join the crew!Pirate
08-16-2010 02:56 PM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Sociopath Wrote:I don't see the point of child labor laws. If the kids wanna work, let them work.

Same here.

Back in the day kids worked to help support their families and didn't have to waste all their time in public schools and some bitch named kelly something got butthurt about some kids being sick in a factory that were working to help make ends meet for their families in harsh conditions so instead of getting them so she bitched until they made it mandatory for kids to attend public schools.

image hosting jpg
08-16-2010 03:01 PM
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

Sociopath Wrote:I don't see the point of child labor laws. If the kids wanna work, let them work.
It's the "Mommy says you're going to work in those dangerous sweatshops or you'll be homeless and we'll disown you" that they wanted to stop.

Faith o' Meter
Quote:Riddle me this, riddle me that. Give me a straight answer, you pain in the ass cat.
08-16-2010 03:02 PM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

The name is Kelley Florence.

image hosting jpg
08-16-2010 03:03 PM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

CrayolaColours Wrote:
It's the "Mommy says you're going to work in those dangerous sweatshops or you'll be homeless and we'll disown you" that they wanted to stop.

Parents still do that now(the whole you have to get a job thing).

Nowadays its just harder for minors to find work and now its tougher for them to become independent now because of it.

image hosting jpg
08-16-2010 03:04 PM
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

If anything, they should've went after those companies for making everything a damn death trap.

And not really, they can't really force the kid to get a job, if they try to kick them out, social services has a hissy fit.

Faith o' Meter
08-16-2010 03:08 PM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

CrayolaColours Wrote:If anything, they should've went after those companies for making everything a damn death trap.

And not really, they can't really force the kid to get a job, if they try to kick them out, social services has a hissy fit.

Kick em out oh hell no.

They just make their life a living hell like bullies to get their way but you would already know about that wouldn't you crayola.

image hosting jpg
08-16-2010 03:15 PM
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

Don't hit kids,

They have Guns now!

Hidden stuff:

Dear Tumblrites: Despite your wrongly self-diagnosed PTSD, no line of scientific evidence suggests people can be triggered over the internet. Triggering works through the senses (i.e. smell, taste, touch, vision, hearing.) but it goes through real time; if you're not experiencing it in real life as it's ACTUALLY HAPPENING in your ACTUAL life, you CANNOT be triggered. The only exception to this is if you have a seizure, but then again, that's triggered by epilepsy (i.e. rapidly-changing flashing lights) NOT PTSD. Remembering a bad incident is NOT the same thing as having a flashback. When you remember, you think; when you flashback, you feel.

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

Max Stirnir Wrote:"In the time of spirits thoughts grew till they overtopped my head, whose offspring they yet were; they hovered about me and convulsed me like fever-phantasies -- an awful power. The thoughts had become corporeal on their own account, were ghosts, e. g. God, Emperor, Pope, Fatherland, etc. If I destroy their corporeity, then I take them back into mine, and say: "I alone am corporeal." And now I take the world as what it is to me, as mine, as my property; I refer all to myself." The Ego and Its Own, pg. 15
HeartofShadows Wrote:"Life is nothing more than a druggie trying to get their quick fix of happiness while dealing with the harsh withdrawal of reality"
Osip Mandelstam Wrote:"I divide all of world literature into authorized and unauthorized works. The former are all trash; the latter--stolen air. I want to spit in the face of every writer who first obtains permission and then writes." The Fourth Prose, 1930.
Lukas Foss Wrote:That is why the analogy of stealing does not work. With a thief, we want to know how much money he stole, and from whom. With the artist it is not how much he took and from whom, but what he did with it.
PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
08-16-2010 03:19 PM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Sociopath Wrote:Don't hit kids,

They have Guns now!

Hahaha I wish they did(shit would actually get fun around here to watch the kids do shootouts).

image hosting jpg
08-16-2010 03:22 PM
Swift Offline
Fanatic

Given 9 thank(s) in 8 post(s)

HeartofShadows Wrote:

Same here.

Back in the day kids worked to help support their families and didn't have to waste all their time in public schools and some bitch named kelly something got butthurt about some kids being sick in a factory that were working to help make ends meet for their families in harsh conditions so instead of getting them so she bitched until they made it mandatory for kids to attend public schools.

...you do realize what child labor was like right?

"I heard a joke once. Man goes to doctor says "I'm terribly depressed". Doctor says "I know just what you should do. Poliacci the clown is in town, go see him, you'll be cheered right up." The man bursts into tears. "But Doctor, I am Poliacci." Funny joke. Roll on snare drum. Everyone laugh."

-Rorschach

[Image: BANANAMAN.gif]
08-16-2010 04:10 PM
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

Comrade Swift Wrote:
HeartofShadows Wrote:

Same here.

I'm not talking about then, I mean NOW.

Hidden stuff:

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
08-16-2010 04:21 PM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Comrade Swift Wrote:
HeartofShadows Wrote:

Same here.

Yeah I understood what it was like but instead of new safety conditions we have mandatory school attendance, restricted working hours(although some places ignore them anyway) and a whole bunch of other bullshit I can't be assed to bring up.

image hosting jpg
08-16-2010 04:34 PM
Thought Criminal Offline
Frame 313

Given 106 thank(s) in 80 post(s)

Well the conditions children were working in were SHIT plus they get payed shit too simply because they were children. It would be better for them to go to school and get an education than work in a sweatshop all their lives. It may seem ageist but it really was for the best back then.
You could actually get a good education and if you got your diploma then you were pretty much set for life. A diploma back then was the equivalent of a bachelors, or even a masters now.

What really pisses me off is when we apply our child labor standards to third world countries. They are in the same position as we were in the teens and 20's except those children can't get an education and really wouldn't gain much of an advantage if they had one. the money they get is what they use to eat.
08-16-2010 04:55 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

Thought Criminal Wrote:What really pisses me off is when we apply our child labor standards to third world countries. They are in the same position as we were in the teens and 20's except those children can't get an education and really wouldn't gain much of an advantage if they had one. the money they get is what they use to eat.
You have a point, what's a damn tribal african gonna do with an education? They might as well wipe their asses with it. Yet people always rant "DEY NEEDZ MONEY 4 BOOKZ!!!!11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111BGBJHKFDD"

No, they "NEEDZ MONEY" for food, dammit.

Faith o' Meter
08-16-2010 05:18 PM
The Desert Fox Offline
Waging war with conviction

Given 102 thank(s) in 75 post(s)

In my opinion, a movement for youth to get jobs easier cannot come before a general youth rights movement. One word; exploitation. All we'll see is shitty jobs at shitty pay, basically sweatshops again to a lesser extent.

Hidden stuff:
(11-27-2011 01:00 PM)psychopath Wrote:  
(11-27-2011 10:52 AM)Efs Wrote:  Our Army is more professional than Amerika. Smile
Except ours isn't allowed to have guns
CrayolaColours Wrote:That post owned. TDF wins post of the year.
Faby Wrote:
krissy Wrote:dessert fox
Mmm, flambéed vulpine.
"There is no enemy, there is no victory, only boys who lost their lives in the sand."
[/center]
08-18-2010 12:36 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Thought Criminal Wrote:Well the conditions children were working in were SHIT plus they get payed shit too simply because they were children. It would be better for them to go to school and get an education than work in a sweatshop all their lives. It may seem ageist but it really was for the best back then.
You could actually get a good education and if you got your diploma then you were pretty much set for life. A diploma back then was the equivalent of a bachelors, or even a masters now.

What really pisses me off is when we apply our child labor standards to third world countries. They are in the same position as we were in the teens and 20's except those children can't get an education and really wouldn't gain much of an advantage if they had one. the money they get is what they use to eat.

Yeah you're right thought its a shame big business went into all this bullshit to weaken the diplomas worth now so they can have a steady desperate hive(Diploma is barely worth wiping your ass with now and a degree is not much better).

image hosting jpg
08-18-2010 06:08 AM
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

Given 113 thank(s) in 97 post(s)

Not until they're given suffrage and the rights of full citizens. If child labor laws are repealed just one damn minute before a full youth rights victory on the political front, youth will just end up being oppressed and exploited by business owners and capitalists instead of government schools. Believe me, if the corporate powers that be heard this conversation, they'd imagine a whole new pool of workers with no political voice to defend themselves with, and they'd get dollar signs in their eyes and start drooling.

I think Buenaventura Durruti is a pretty cool guy. eh kills fascists and doesnt afraid of ruins.
The quickest way to kill a revolution is to wait for it.
08-22-2010 09:38 AM
John Tuttle Offline
Fanatic

Given 5 thank(s) in 5 post(s)

Eh, child labour and sweatshops weren't killed off by the government, or activists, they were killed off by capitalism. As a society progresses, they simply become economically counter-productive.

[Image: funny-gifs-wax-on-wax-owl.gif]
08-28-2010 02:30 PM
Thought Criminal Offline
Frame 313

Given 106 thank(s) in 80 post(s)

John Tuttle Wrote:Eh, child labour and sweatshops weren't killed off by the government, or activists, they were killed off by capitalism. As a society progresses, they simply become economically counter-productive.
Are you kidding me? Child labor was today's equivalent of using illegal immigrants. A fuckload of disposable labor for dirt cheap. If those laws weren't ever passed we would still have kids in factories.
08-28-2010 02:40 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

So, they gained money after minimum wage was invented, because slave labor was just too expensive?

None

Faith o' Meter
08-28-2010 02:42 PM
Swift Offline
Fanatic

Given 9 thank(s) in 8 post(s)

John Tuttle Wrote:Eh, child labour and sweatshops weren't killed off by the government, or activists, they were killed off by capitalism. As a society progresses, they simply become economically counter-productive.

Child labor still goes on today.

"I heard a joke once. Man goes to doctor says "I'm terribly depressed". Doctor says "I know just what you should do. Poliacci the clown is in town, go see him, you'll be cheered right up." The man bursts into tears. "But Doctor, I am Poliacci." Funny joke. Roll on snare drum. Everyone laugh."

-Rorschach

[Image: BANANAMAN.gif]
08-28-2010 03:14 PM
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

Given 113 thank(s) in 97 post(s)

Dude, come on. That's fucking retarded and blatantly untrue. You're smarter than this.

I think Buenaventura Durruti is a pretty cool guy. eh kills fascists and doesnt afraid of ruins.
The quickest way to kill a revolution is to wait for it.
08-29-2010 04:08 AM
UltimateReaper Offline
Defiant

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

Corporations are always worried about loosing their power and profit. Can't expect them to act any other way. After all just about everything they do is in their own interests.
08-29-2010 08:53 PM