RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
being able to see auras
Trar Away
R.I.P.

Given 189 thank(s) in 125 post(s)
RE: being able to see auras

(04-30-2014 11:50 AM)Alistoriv Wrote:  The article linked identified it as a form of synesthesia.
Synesthesia is the mixing of the senses.
Auras aren't real but your mind forms it based on lots of different factors.
(I have synesthesia, but different forms)

Honestly, the truth is probably closest to this.
05-03-2014 02:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: I Must Enter a Username , Ky
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)
being able to see auras

Quote:Auras aren't real. I suggest you either stop lying to us, stop lying to yourself, or seek a mental health professional because you're hallucinating. Human beings have a tendency to believe a lot of crazy stuff, and this is some pretty blatant foolishness.
I suggest you get off your high horse and learn to constructive criticism.

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
05-03-2014 09:37 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: 1312 , Ky , Trar , darkmind15
darkmind15 Offline
cynic

Given 17 thank(s) in 15 post(s)

(05-02-2014 07:54 AM)Lollipopgirl Wrote:  How can you know someone's aura without sensing it?
its difficult to tell.....think about it like sensing tension in the air
05-06-2014 12:23 AM
darkmind15 Offline
cynic

(05-03-2014 08:56 AM)kfcnyancat Wrote:  Is this real or are you the person who told the spambots about this site?
spambots?
05-06-2014 12:24 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

Given 1469 thank(s) in 972 post(s)

(05-06-2014 12:24 AM)darkmind15 Wrote:  
(05-03-2014 08:56 AM)kfcnyancat Wrote:  Is this real or are you the person who told the spambots about this site?
spambots?
It's a joke. There have been automated messages popping up from unregistered users from time to time advertising voodoo and witchcraft and yadda yadda. Luckily I'm swift with a banhammer.

Public Service Announcement: First world problems are still problems.
05-06-2014 06:29 AM
thewake Offline
Unconstructive

Given 296 thank(s) in 201 post(s)

(05-03-2014 09:37 PM)SoulRiser Wrote:  
Quote:Auras aren't real. I suggest you either stop lying to us, stop lying to yourself, or seek a mental health professional because you're hallucinating. Human beings have a tendency to believe a lot of crazy stuff, and this is some pretty blatant foolishness.
I suggest you get off your high horse and learn to constructive criticism.

This is equivalent to people saying Elvis is still alive or that we didn't land on the moon.

No, actually it makes less sense.

But you're right, I shouldn't ridicule people who have obvious problems with hallucinations.

[Image: nAOqYk7.png]

[Image: USVWSwj.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-06-2014 11:08 AM by thewake.)
05-06-2014 11:06 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

Given 1469 thank(s) in 972 post(s)
being able to see auras

I don't disagree. Still, that doesn't mean you should be a jerk about it.

Public Service Announcement: First world problems are still problems.
05-06-2014 11:15 AM
thewake Offline
Unconstructive

(05-06-2014 11:15 AM)DoA Wrote:  I don't disagree. Still, that doesn't mean you should be a jerk about it.

I'm sorry. I shouldn't make fun of people with conditions they can't help.

05-06-2014 11:32 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

being able to see auras

He's not hurting anybody. You on the other hand... might be. Not sure. He seems to be simply ignoring you, which is great.

I personally find it interesting how other people see the world, since I can only ever see it through my own eyes and with my brain, which is all very particular to me.

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer

Hidden stuff:
05-06-2014 10:30 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Ky
darkmind15 Offline
cynic

(05-06-2014 06:29 AM)DoA Wrote:  
(05-06-2014 12:24 AM)darkmind15 Wrote:  
spambots?
It's a joke. There have been automated messages popping up from unregistered users from time to time advertising voodoo and witchcraft and yadda yadda. Luckily I'm swift with a banhammer.
oh ok
05-07-2014 12:22 AM
thewake Offline
Unconstructive

(05-06-2014 10:30 PM)SoulRiser Wrote:  He's not hurting anybody. You on the other hand... might be. Not sure. He seems to be simply ignoring you, which is great.

I personally find it interesting how other people see the world, since I can only ever see it through my own eyes and with my brain, which is all very particular to me.
Your perception of reality is particular to you, but the objective reality outside of you isn't.

Also:

Watch on YouTube

http://www.skepdic.com/auras.html

05-07-2014 08:26 AM
 Thanks given by: Desu
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

being able to see auras

All of human perception, even of objective reality, is subjective to us.

Even if we measure things with instruments, we see the instruments with our eyes, interpret the results with our minds.

No human can see/hear/think 100% objectively.

What people see actually interests me in particular because I have very good eyesight, and I've noticed I see things clearer than a lot of people around me... so I'm curious how the world looks to them... are things just blurrier in general? Are just the edges of things blurred, or everything? It would be interesting to see through their eyes for a little while. People who see extra things that I don't see, interest me even more.

Hidden stuff:
05-07-2014 11:48 PM
 Thanks given by: darkmind15 , no , Ky , 1312
Cianna200 Offline
Pariah

Given 366 thank(s) in 210 post(s)

Psychic abilities are real, it has been documented and has been researched. Be more open-minded that there is more to life and the mysteries of the universe than meets the eye. One psychic ability you should try is lucid dreaming, the awareness of dreaming and the ability to control it however you see fit, plus every action begins with throught, some people see with their eyes others see with their mind or even heart.
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2014 10:21 AM by Cianna200.)
05-10-2014 10:09 AM
 Thanks given by: SoulRiser
Desu Offline
Fanatic

Given 340 thank(s) in 182 post(s)
being able to see auras

Ya'll mothafuckas need psychedelic drugs.

Edit:

Ok, I actually read the thread.

Hallucinating is pretty awesome, as long as you aren't a danger to yourself or others. You should do drugs. Only cool kids do drugs lololol.

I have seen: fractal vortices of light around stars, flowing textures, pulsing darkness, trees waving like the ocean, floodlights changing color, extreme pareidolia (seeing faces in things), melting faces and more, as well as non-visual changes in experience such as extreme time dilation, thought looping, extreme changes in emotion, strange body sensations, feeling like I'm disintegrating in the wind, feeling as if I'm accessing hidden knowledge about the universe, feeling of Oneness with reality and more.

Quote:All of human perception, even of objective reality, is subjective to us.

There are 2 realities. One is the objective reality of objects "out there", outside of the human body. When people talk about things that are "real", they're talking about all the shit out there that almost everyone agrees on. If I point to a chair and say, "Do you agree that chair is there?" everyone will say yes unless they're tripping balls or unconscious or severely mentally retarded.

The other reality is the subjective, phenomenological reality. You are only able to access one, your own. The subjective reality is the actual content of experience, created by the interaction of sensory input from the outside world and biology (whether human or some other living thing). Red looks a certain way. A square looks a certain way. Feeling pain and pleasure feels a certain. Flowers smell a certain way.

An unresolved philosophical problem is whether or not everyone's subjective reality is actually the same. For example red looks a certain way to me... does it look the same way to you? I'm not talking about the specific wavelength of electromagnetic radiation that we associate with "red", but I mean, the actual, literal content of experience known as red. Or does my red look like my green to you? There's no way that we know of to access another person's consciousness to figure this out.

(As an aside, the existence of color blindness doesn't help in answering this question. You misunderstood if you think that. One can be color blind toward certain wavelengths of light, but of the colors they can accurately discern, their subjective experience differs from everyone else... And we wouldn't even know, neither would they. You can apply this to any kind of experience at all.)

Sometimes I hear people say in regards to the psychedelic experience, "Ya, but those hallucinations aren't real." You have to be specific about what you mean by real.

I will say that the things I have seen, heard, and felt during the experience are 100% real to me, but of course nobody else is experiencing it. I might be looking into a mirror and see my face warping and melting, but nobody else is experiencing it, I am also incapable of proving this to others definitively. However, nobody will question that I myself am experiencing face-melting, because even if you've never taken a hallucinogen before, 99% of people are aware that, ya, crazy shit like that happens when you take psychedelic drugs. But, the point remains, I cannot prove that I am actually having such an experience by showing you. There's no way for you to actually go inside of my conscious and experience what I experience. All I can do is tell you.

I can't perform some kind of scientific experiment, because scientific experiments (in the last couple of centuries), are entirely concerned with analyzing objective reality. It has nothing to do with subjective reality, and most scientists will not go there because they consider it a fruitless endeavor and the realm of philosophy and religion or crackpottery.

Quote:Psychic abilities are real, it has been documented and has been researched. Be more open-minded that there is more to life and the mysteries of the universe than meets the eye. One psychic ability you should try is lucid dreaming, the awareness of dreaming and the ability to control it however you see fit, plus every action begins with throught, some people see with their eyes others see with their mind or even heart.

I've become way, way more open-minded about things that do not meet the eye ever since my first psychedelic experience, but I still call bullshit a lot. For example horoscopes, mind reading, dream interpretation, getting in touch with your "vibrational energy", crystal healing etc. I label these things bullshit, because I have no reason to believe them.

When people say they can use crystals to heal, this is usually worded very vaguely. Any positive psychological effects are probably placebo, and therefore there is no reason crystals are special. Any positive physical effects are coincidence, placebo, or a bit of both. You could easily replace crystals with dildos, and get the same result, assuming you were able to convince yourself (or someone else) dildos have healing powers.

Lucid dreaming has been proven by Stephen LaBerge. I don't remember the exact details of the experiment, but he went lucid, an assistant shined some kind of light in his eye during REM sleep, and LaBerge moved his eyes in a specific way (that they agreed upon beforehand) to signal that he was conscious during his dream.

I mean... if you wanna call that a psychic ability, okay. But shit like mind-reading, levitation, controlling things with your mind, nonlocal information transfer... there's 0 reason to believe that the human biology can just break the laws of physics. I'm not saying I know for certain. You can't know anything 100% for certain. But I'm almost completely certain that stuff is bullshit (in regards to describing or affecting objective reality). If it completely concerns subjective reality, such as having some kind of hallucination, there's no way for anyone to know if that is true, except the person having the experience.

Yes, every action begins with thought, our brains control almost everything that's happening in the body, but that's an oversimplification because it's more of a feedback loop between changes in body chemistry (there are many glands throughout the body that secrete hormones which affect the brain for example), changes in brain chemistry, and sensory input from the outside world. What are you trying to imply?

Some people see with their eyes, mind, or heart? What are you talking about? Electromagnetic radiation from the outside world comes into contact with the eyes, passing through rods and cones, this is decoded into chemical and electrical stimuli which travel through networks into the brain that create subjective experience and ultimately some kind of response. The heart is an organ of the circulatory system that is responsible for circulating blood throughout the body.

Quote: its a strange ability ive had since birth to see the life force of everyone i meet and if anyone wants to know anything about it ask away

You have to be specific about "life force". I have seen things and people glowing after eating magic mushrooms, but I won't assert that they are real, in the sense that, the glowing tells me anything about objective reality. However, I am completely certain that I am having the experience.

If you really are having these experiences, you need to be careful about giving it too much significance. It's completely possible you simply have some strange neurological structure or eyes that are causing you to see these things, but I wouldn't call it a "life force".

RIP GORE GOROTH

He was an hero. He will always be remembered.
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2014 12:04 PM by Desu.)
05-10-2014 10:46 AM
 Thanks given by: SoulRiser , Trar
Cianna200 Offline
Pariah

Psychedelic drugs? You mean like ketamine?
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2014 11:46 AM by Cianna200.)
05-10-2014 11:39 AM
Desu Offline
Fanatic

Given 340 thank(s) in 182 post(s)

(05-10-2014 11:39 AM)Cianna200 Wrote:  Psychedelic drugs? You mean like ketamine?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychedelic_drug

RIP GORE GOROTH

He was an hero. He will always be remembered.
05-10-2014 12:08 PM
Cianna200 Offline
Pariah

When I say ''some see with their heart'' I mean the deepest inner essence not the organ. I don't believe humans can levitate either but meditation is an effective way to get in touch with your inner self. Another huge question must be answered is ''What exactly is Consciousness and how can one explain it?''
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2014 12:26 PM by Cianna200.)
05-10-2014 12:19 PM
Sharpie Offline
Banned

Given 169 thank(s) in 113 post(s)
being able to see auras

ketamine is a dissociative..

Psychedelics as in psilocybin mushrooms, LSD, DMT, things like that.
05-10-2014 06:02 PM
craxyguy562 Offline
Pariah

Given 133 thank(s) in 97 post(s)
being able to see auras

Can you see my auras?

[Image: gUJMoO7.png]

Hidden stuff:
Homework brings the hell of school home.

Gwedin Wrote:  Dat feel when you get home, realise it's Friday, and itch your buttcrack.
05-11-2014 05:27 AM
DeadorAlive Offline
The Other DOA

Given 23 thank(s) in 15 post(s)

(05-10-2014 12:08 PM)Desu Wrote:  
(05-10-2014 11:39 AM)Cianna200 Wrote:  Psychedelic drugs? You mean like ketamine?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychedelic_drug

How do you get your psychedelic drugs?

[Image: eat_my_train_shit__animated__by_leonartisan-d7px68f.gif]
I missed my old username
05-12-2014 06:30 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

being able to see auras

I've split this. Please keep all discussion about whether or not psychic abilities exist in the new thread here:
http://forums.school-survival.net/showth...?tid=32951

Let's keep this one about what darkmind15 requested it to be about.

Hidden stuff:
05-12-2014 06:45 AM
 Thanks given by: darkmind15

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Do psychic abilities exist? [split from 'being able to see auras'] thewake 4 2,912 05-11-2014 07:56 AM
Last Post: I Must Enter a Username