RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Em0
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

Given 160 thank(s) in 104 post(s)
Re: Em0

oh, ok.

Hidden stuff:
TRIGGER WARNING: THIS TRIGGER WARNING CONTAINS TRIGGER WARNINGS!

Dear Tumblrites: Despite your wrongly self-diagnosed PTSD, no line of scientific evidence suggests people can be triggered over the internet. Triggering works through the senses (i.e. smell, taste, touch, vision, hearing.) but it goes through real time; if you're not experiencing it in real life as it's ACTUALLY HAPPENING in your ACTUAL life, you CANNOT be triggered. The only exception to this is if you have a seizure, but then again, that's triggered by epilepsy (i.e. rapidly-changing flashing lights) NOT PTSD. Remembering a bad incident is NOT the same thing as having a flashback. When you remember, you think; when you flashback, you feel.

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

[Image: violator_blackbg_110x32.gif]
Max Stirnir Wrote:"In the time of spirits thoughts grew till they overtopped my head, whose offspring they yet were; they hovered about me and convulsed me like fever-phantasies -- an awful power. The thoughts had become corporeal on their own account, were ghosts, e. g. God, Emperor, Pope, Fatherland, etc. If I destroy their corporeity, then I take them back into mine, and say: "I alone am corporeal." And now I take the world as what it is to me, as mine, as my property; I refer all to myself." The Ego and Its Own, pg. 15
Charles Manson Wrote:“Look down at me and you see a fool;
look up at me and you see a god;
look straight at me and you see yourself”
HeartofShadows Wrote:"Life is nothing more than a druggie trying to get their quick fix of happiness while dealing with the harsh withdrawal of reality"
Osip Mandelstam Wrote:"I divide all of world literature into authorized and unauthorized works. The former are all trash; the latter--stolen air. I want to spit in the face of every writer who first obtains permission and then writes." The Fourth Prose, 1930.
Lukas Foss Wrote:That is why the analogy of stealing does not work. With a thief, we want to know how much money he stole, and from whom. With the artist it is not how much he took and from whom, but what he did with it.
PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
 Pirate Join the crew!Pirate
09-02-2010 12:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
KittyKatBlack Offline
Resident Brony

Given 12 thank(s) in 6 post(s)

I thought scene kids and emos were two different scenes?
09-02-2010 12:37 PM
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

KittyKatBlack Wrote:I thought scene kids and _/(*)dEpReSsEd AnD tOrTuReD sOuLs, LoOkInG fOr LoVe In ThIs CrUeL aNd HaTeFuL wOrLd(*)\_ were two different scenes?
Em0 and Scene used to mean the same thing, but nowadays the term "Scene" is used to describe someone who tries to fit in with the current popular crowd (and fails horribly)

Hidden stuff:

Dear Tumblrites: Despite your wrongly self-diagnosed PTSD, no line of scientific evidence suggests people can be triggered over the internet. Triggering works through the senses (i.e. smell, taste, touch, vision, hearing.) but it goes through real time; if you're not experiencing it in real life as it's ACTUALLY HAPPENING in your ACTUAL life, you CANNOT be triggered. The only exception to this is if you have a seizure, but then again, that's triggered by epilepsy (i.e. rapidly-changing flashing lights) NOT PTSD. Remembering a bad incident is NOT the same thing as having a flashback. When you remember, you think; when you flashback, you feel.

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

Max Stirnir Wrote:"In the time of spirits thoughts grew till they overtopped my head, whose offspring they yet were; they hovered about me and convulsed me like fever-phantasies -- an awful power. The thoughts had become corporeal on their own account, were ghosts, e. g. God, Emperor, Pope, Fatherland, etc. If I destroy their corporeity, then I take them back into mine, and say: "I alone am corporeal." And now I take the world as what it is to me, as mine, as my property; I refer all to myself." The Ego and Its Own, pg. 15
HeartofShadows Wrote:"Life is nothing more than a druggie trying to get their quick fix of happiness while dealing with the harsh withdrawal of reality"
Osip Mandelstam Wrote:"I divide all of world literature into authorized and unauthorized works. The former are all trash; the latter--stolen air. I want to spit in the face of every writer who first obtains permission and then writes." The Fourth Prose, 1930.
Lukas Foss Wrote:That is why the analogy of stealing does not work. With a thief, we want to know how much money he stole, and from whom. With the artist it is not how much he took and from whom, but what he did with it.
PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
09-02-2010 12:47 PM
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

Given 28 thank(s) in 25 post(s)

Sociopath Wrote:
KittyKatBlack Wrote:I thought scene kids and _/(*)dEpReSsEd AnD tOrTuReD sOuLs, LoOkInG fOr LoVe In ThIs CrUeL aNd HaTeFuL wOrLd(*)\_ were two different scenes?
Em0 and Scene used to mean the same thing, but nowadays the term "Scene" is used to describe someone who tries to fit in with the current popular crowd (and fails horribly)
Nope. True em0 is a lot more dark, and true scene is the more happy-go-lucky, rainbow type.

[Image: True-Blood-Banner-true-blood-2196368-500-82.jpg]
Faith o' Meter
-{|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||}-
Quote:Riddle me this, riddle me that. Give me a straight answer, you pain in the ass cat.
09-02-2010 01:09 PM
KittyKatBlack Offline
Resident Brony

So why all this animosity towards scene kids by emos?
09-02-2010 01:12 PM
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

KittyKatBlack Wrote:So why all this animosity towards scene kids by _/(*)dEpReSsEd AnD tOrTuReD sOuLs, LoOkInG fOr LoVe In ThIs CrUeL aNd HaTeFuL wOrLd(*)\_?
People are afraid of those different from them. And in time, they come to hate those they fear. Its a common Human Instinct, unfortunately.

Hidden stuff:

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
09-02-2010 01:13 PM
Raikuron Offline
Fanatic

Given 3 thank(s) in 3 post(s)

This word filter is annoying as hell.
09-02-2010 01:14 PM
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

KittyKatBlack Wrote:So why all this animosity towards scene kids by _/(*)dEpReSsEd AnD tOrTuReD sOuLs, LoOkInG fOr LoVe In ThIs CrUeL aNd HaTeFuL wOrLd(*)\_?
Really, I don't know. I've never seen it firsthand. (When you live in the ghetto, most people that actually aren't ghetto bond together, despite way of life. It's beautiful... *sniffle*) Anyway, I'll guess because scene is a branch away from em0, and I don't think any group likes the branches they birth. Since they're always seen as rape of the original group's culture.

But, like I said, my school doesn't know social class, somehow. It's only ghetto vs. everyone else.

Faith o' Meter
Quote:Riddle me this, riddle me that. Give me a straight answer, you pain in the ass cat.
09-02-2010 02:05 PM
Thought Criminal Offline
Frame 313

Given 106 thank(s) in 80 post(s)

KittyKatBlack Wrote:So why all this animosity towards scene kids by em0s?
Well I'm not em0 anymore, I'm a metal head/goth whatever. Em0 was middle school. My hatred towards scene kids stems from it being a rip off of my culture. They take my style of dress, throw in some neon colors and don't slit their wrists because it hurts. It sucks to see what makes you feel rebellious and in control get bastardized and turned into some mainstream shit fuck while all the assholes that bullied you for cutting yourself are now wearing the same goddamn clothing you do, and everybody is calling you a fucking scene kid even though your not.
That's the main reason I'm not fucking em0 anymore aside from the fact that I have better ways to manage being sad then cutting myself. It's kinda like the mainstreaming of punk, though not on such a large scale.
09-02-2010 02:25 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
KittyKatBlack Offline
Resident Brony

Quote:My hatred towards scene kids stems from it being a rip off of my culture.

Nobody owns a culture. Subcultures become mainstream and get bastardized. It just happens. No one has the right to stop an off-shoot. Look at goth and em0. They wouldn't be here if it weren't for punk. Em0 is looked at as the bastardization of punk by many, but you don't seem upset by the fact that you took part in it.

Quote:They take my style of dress, throw in some neon colors and don't slit their wrists because it hurts.
So? Is that seriously part of the reason you don't like them? Because they wear pretty colors and don't engage in self-destructive behavior?

Quote:It sucks to see what makes you feel rebellious and in control get bastardized
You don't need clothes to be or feel rebellious or in control. If you do, that's a good sign that you're not.

Quote:all the assholes that bullied you for cutting yourself are now wearing the same goddamn clothing you do
Again, so? Unless they start to cut, I don't see why this is a problem.

Quote:everybody is calling you a fucking scene kid even though your not.
This I can understand. No matter how long I spent telling my family that goth wasn't a religion, they wouldn't believe me. Fucking stupid people.

Someone needs to turn that filter off. It's not funny or clever anymore. It's tired. Lay it to rest, already.
09-02-2010 03:00 PM
Cilaos Offline
Fanatic

Given 18 thank(s) in 15 post(s)

Oh fine, it's gone.

I AM A THIEF IN THE NIGHT I WILL SAVE AS MANY AS I CAN

I KEEP THEM IN MY BASEMENT

I TELL THEM I AM THEIR MOMMY NOW
09-02-2010 09:40 PM
KittyKatBlack Offline
Resident Brony

Danke, Zherny.
09-03-2010 05:01 AM
Elfy Offline
Fanatic

Given 64 thank(s) in 41 post(s)

Raikuron Wrote:This word filter is annoying as hell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McAeQiLm ... re=related

RIP SCHOOL-SURVIVAL 04/07/2019
[Image: tumblr_lpjpoqOyQ91qb8nljo1_500.gif]
09-03-2010 05:24 AM
Thought Criminal Offline
Frame 313

Given 106 thank(s) in 80 post(s)

KittyKatBlack Wrote:
Quote:My hatred towards scene kids stems from it being a rip off of my culture.

Nobody owns a culture. Subcultures become mainstream and get bastardized. It just happens. No one has the right to stop an off-shoot. Look at goth and em0. They wouldn't be here if it weren't for punk. Em0 is looked at as the bastardization of punk by many, but you don't seem upset by the fact that you took part in it.
Yeah, I see what your saying. I agree with it too. I know nobody "owns" a culture, but when it becomes such a part of your life that you are willing to self destruct it pisses alot of people off.

Quote:
Quote:They take my style of dress, throw in some neon colors and don't slit their wrists because it hurts.
So? Is that seriously part of the reason you don't like them? Because they wear pretty colors and don't engage in self-destructive behavior?
It's not that it's just that they have the audacity to take what identifies you and fuck with it because they don't like pain. It kind of ties in with the first reason.

Quote:
Quote:It sucks to see what makes you feel rebellious and in control get bastardized
You don't need clothes to be or feel rebellious or in control. If you do, that's a good sign that you're not.
Yeah, I know. Please realize that I'm not that fucking naive. It's just looking back on my younger self I realize that that is part of the reason that this pissed me off so much

Quote:
Quote:all the assholes that bullied you for cutting yourself are now wearing the same goddamn clothing you do
Again, so? Unless they start to cut, I don't see why this is a problem.
Well it's not just a cutting issue. My clothing is what identifies me as "yeah I cut myself" and these assholes make fun of not only my cutting but the way I dress, the way I talk, how I wear my hair. ANYTHING they can think of to make me feel like shit and then here they go and decide it's fucking cool
09-03-2010 05:24 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

Hug It's retarded, I know. But that's THOSE douchebags, and... hey... didn't we have this conversation before? De ja vu...

Faith o' Meter
09-03-2010 06:59 AM
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

Given 50 thank(s) in 38 post(s)

Zherneboh Wrote:Oh fine, it's gone.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
09-04-2010 01:21 AM
random_name Offline
Fanatic

Given 15 thank(s) in 15 post(s)

Whilst i like emo and goth clothing, it's too expensive to wear it all the time. I dont know where to reccomend, because you're an amerifag Wink you could always try looking at alternative clothing websites. I have some favourites, but they're all UK based, so it would make the postage more expensive than the clothing.

Hidden stuff:
"A 'no' uttered from deepest conviction is better and greater than a 'yes' merely uttered to please, or what is worse, to avoid trouble." - Mahatma Gandhi

"The irrationality of a thing is no argument against its existence, rather a condition of it."

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Ben Franklin

"when I was a kid I used to pray for a bicycle. then I realized that god doesn't work that way. so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness."
"I would rather die for something I believe in than live for anything else."
"What is the task of higher education? To make a man into a machine. What are the means employed? He is taught how to suffer being bored." – F W Nietzsche
[Image: s-event.png]
09-04-2010 03:25 AM
The Desert Fox Offline
Waging war with conviction

Given 102 thank(s) in 75 post(s)

'Bout time.

Thanks, though.

Hidden stuff:
(11-27-2011 01:00 PM)psychopath Wrote:  
(11-27-2011 10:52 AM)Efs Wrote:  Our Army is more professional than Amerika. Smile
Except ours isn't allowed to have guns
CrayolaColours Wrote:That post owned. TDF wins post of the year.
Faby Wrote:
krissy Wrote:dessert fox
Mmm, flambéed vulpine.
"There is no enemy, there is no victory, only boys who lost their lives in the sand."
[/center]
09-04-2010 07:36 AM
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

Given 50 thank(s) in 38 post(s)

The Desert Fox Wrote:
'Bout time.

Thanks, though.
[Image: emot-frogout.gif]
09-04-2010 08:17 PM
Cilaos Offline
Fanatic

Given 18 thank(s) in 15 post(s)

The Desert Fox Wrote:'Bout time.
ಠ_ಠ

I AM A THIEF IN THE NIGHT I WILL SAVE AS MANY AS I CAN

I KEEP THEM IN MY BASEMENT

I TELL THEM I AM THEIR MOMMY NOW
09-04-2010 10:02 PM
The Desert Fox Offline
Waging war with conviction

Given 102 thank(s) in 75 post(s)

BaronVonStrangle Wrote:
The Desert Fox Wrote:
'Bout time.

Thanks, though.
[Image: emot-frogout.gif]
[Image: no_u.jpg]
Zherneboh Wrote:
The Desert Fox Wrote:'Bout time.
ಠ_ృ
Zherneboh Wrote:ಠ_ృ
ಠ_ృ

Hidden stuff:
(11-27-2011 01:00 PM)psychopath Wrote:  
(11-27-2011 10:52 AM)Efs Wrote:  Our Army is more professional than Amerika. Smile
Except ours isn't allowed to have guns
CrayolaColours Wrote:That post owned. TDF wins post of the year.
Faby Wrote:
krissy Wrote:dessert fox
Mmm, flambéed vulpine.
"There is no enemy, there is no victory, only boys who lost their lives in the sand."
[/center]
09-04-2010 10:04 PM
~Mystery~ Offline
Fanatic

Given 22 thank(s) in 18 post(s)

-----

People act unaware that the human body is a walking pharmacy![Image: rolleyes.gif]~David Icke~
Religion was invented to keep the poor from harrasing the rich"~Napoleon Bonaparte~
Do As Thou Wilt Shall Be The Whole of The Law! ~The Secret Order of Thelema~
"Respect goes to those who do not want it" ~TrueAnarchist~
"The only limitations that a person has are those that are self-imposed." ~Unknown!~
“Attraction is an emotion.~Dr. Alex~
“Life is an illusion albeit a very persistent one” ~Albert Einstein

I Am A Messenger From The Seduction Community!
Mint Member
09-06-2010 02:41 PM