''Maturity'', a word that get's tossed around a lot but many people forget what it means. As many of us can see, there is much immaturity in school and so on. Maturity has little to do with age. The Female guardian of my household is the oldest and the boss but she is undeniably the most immature person in the home with her constant ''I want this! ''I want that!'' ''Do as I say!'' ''What I say goes!'' ''I will knock you out!''
Yet she calls everyone ''stupid'' or lacking good sense. Let's investigate the qualities that define a mature person.
1. Respect: Is respect earned or given? It's both, but mature people give more respect than demand it.
2. Kindness: Kindness is not an attribute of immature people. People show who they are by the way that treat others.
3. Selflessness: Mature people are not only self concerned but selfless. Immature people have excuses to be selfish, such as ''I'm busy'' or ''You don't give me what I want.''
4. Responsibility: Mature people own up to their mistakes, even when it is difficult
5. Unconditional love: Unconditional love is affection without expecting anything in return. Unconditional love accepts that no one is perfect, but the love is still there. Mature people show unconditional love for their family and friends, and maybe even those who hurt them. ''A coward is incapable of exhibiting love; it is the prerogative of the brave." -Mahatma Gandhi
6. Little complaining: Mature people have almost no time for complaining
7. Not fighting fire with fire: Mature people don't feel the need to lash out at others who lash out at them.
8. Short anger span: Anger is a healthy yet painful emotion. Mature people don't allow anger to control them and quickly release it.
9. Forgiveness: As a wise person whom which I am ignorant of once said ''Refusing to forgive is like drinking poison and waiting for the other to die.
10. Moral happiness: Mature people show great delight in the good of the world, they also know how to be the friendliest friend of humanity. They also know how to have good fun.
11. Humbleness. Arrogance: Believing you are better, believing any living thing is higher than the other, believing that ''you are more important.'' A humble person believes all are equal.
12. No spiritual Hatred. Mature people feel hatred for no living thing, they feel hatred for bad actions and man made inadequacies.
14. Bearing suffering: This is a huge one, suffering is a fact of life and it is by free will that you create or run away from suffering. There is a good side to suffering, it can help you in the long run. A person who is able to deal with suffering respectably, comes out a stronger person. Beautiful sadness.
15. Patience. Mature people display patience.
16. Optimistic. Mature people have fears but they are not afraid to admit it and pursue their dreams.
Education: No not school or college
Education is a lifelong process. Education has nothing to do with school. To get an education one must learn from and practice the attributes of a mature person.