RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Math teacher quote of the day
యూజర్ పేరు Offline
Fanatic

Given 19 thank(s) in 16 post(s)
Math teacher quote of the day

My math teacher is a pretty weird guy. He talks in a monotonous tone and if soft-spoken and doesn't teach very well. He does, on many occasions, shout though. He also occasionally relays a few words of wisdom, perplexing everyone in a manner that can only be described as "world class."

8/30/10 - "I trained my dog to steal peoples' wallets. It's something I learned from the gypsies in eastern Europe."
09-02-2010 09:31 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
యూజర్ పేరు Offline
Fanatic

Re: Math teacher quote of the day

8/31/10 - "Why do you need a drink? Why not sit in the sun and get a tan, or something else instead?"
09-02-2010 09:32 AM
యూజర్ పేరు Offline
Fanatic

9/1/10 - "I'm going to need your full name, date of birth, address, and social security number for this."
09-02-2010 09:34 AM
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

Given 28 thank(s) in 25 post(s)

Oh hey, I haz a quote of the day. But mine don't suck infinite ass. Biggrin

Today's: "Not hitting women is sexist." "What? So, we're supposed to smack around a hoe every now and then?" People say the lulziest things sometimes.

[Image: True-Blood-Banner-true-blood-2196368-500-82.jpg]
Faith o' Meter
-{|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||}-
Quote:Riddle me this, riddle me that. Give me a straight answer, you pain in the ass cat.
09-02-2010 01:05 PM
monkey Away
Fanatic

Given 26 thank(s) in 17 post(s)

BobManPerson Wrote:My math teacher is a pretty weird guy. He talks in a monotonous tone and if soft-spoken and doesn't teach very well. He does, on many occasions, shout though. He also occasionally relays a few words of wisdom, perplexing everyone in a manner that can only be described as "world class."

8/30/10 - "I trained my dog to steal peoples' wallets. It's something I learned from the gypsies in eastern Europe."

What is wrong with you math teacher. Just... What the fuck?

Had to move on. Account is dead.
09-03-2010 10:38 AM
Jesusaurisrex Offline
Fanatic

Given 19 thank(s) in 15 post(s)

quotes from my awesome econ teacher

"Who ever said that Mother Nature wasn't a man?"
‎"OPVL -- if you can't remember what it actually means, just remember that Old People Violate Laws"
"I don't care if your parents went on a trip, got kidnapped by terrorists and then had their heads chopped off. Bring me the heads and their passports, and then maybe I'll consider, but otherwise NOT an excuse!"
"I got a cell phone and I have a really cool number" and then he gave us his number. and we ALL texted him.
‎"Having a slave is like having a third car"
"Mrs. <insert friends last name here>? I'm sorry for yelling at your son today. I wasn't actually mad at him."
after receiving a lot of candy canes for chrismas... he throws his hands up and exclaims "I'M FINALLY POPULAR!!!!!!!!!"
"Who says dickens? I say dickens! Dickens I say!"
"I'm a 46 year old man and I still don't completely know what a douche is. It's a feminine hygiene product and that's all I want to know."
‎"It's cold outside... So damn cold...The animals are suffering!"
"If I were in a car at night and had to choose between a drunk guy or a stoned guy, I'd probably go with the stoned guy."
"you want to hear my theory about religion? there is a giant dog in the sky watching us. because dog is god spelled backwards. I like dogs."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmXMA34CeoQ
09-03-2010 11:03 AM
యూజర్ పేరు Offline
Fanatic

9/2/10 - "You can sit in the alcove."

[referring to a small indent in the wall near the ceiling where a globe sits]
09-03-2010 12:50 PM
యూజర్ పేరు Offline
Fanatic

9/9/10 - "Highlight this so you know to refer to it. With a blood stain or something, that'll be good."

In addition, when he signs passes, he signs them as "your hero."
09-10-2010 08:37 AM
యూజర్ పేరు Offline
Fanatic

9/10/11 - "What are you, communicating with Martians? Get those out of your ears."
09-11-2010 07:08 AM
Name Offline
Rebel

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

BobManPerson Wrote:9/10/11 - "What are you, communicating with Martians? Get those out of your ears."
It's 2011 already? Scratchchin Anyway, you have a pretty cool math teacher.
09-11-2010 07:40 AM
~Mystery~ Offline
Fanatic

Given 22 thank(s) in 18 post(s)

Political Science teacher.

"Why yes, the Federal Reserve has bought up our Government"

Sociology Teacher

"You see I'm paid for by the Baillout."

People act unaware that the human body is a walking pharmacy![Image: rolleyes.gif]~David Icke~
Religion was invented to keep the poor from harrasing the rich"~Napoleon Bonaparte~
Do As Thou Wilt Shall Be The Whole of The Law! ~The Secret Order of Thelema~
"Respect goes to those who do not want it" ~TrueAnarchist~
"The only limitations that a person has are those that are self-imposed." ~Unknown!~
“Attraction is an emotion.~Dr. Alex~
“Life is an illusion albeit a very persistent one” ~Albert Einstein

I Am A Messenger From The Seduction Community!
Mint Member
09-11-2010 08:11 AM
యూజర్ పేరు Offline
Fanatic

9/13/10 - "This is Mr. Gress's medicine. He takes a silver ball bearing every morning. The ball bearing is intended for the activity only. That means no putting it in your mouth, ears, or nose."

[on the subject of an activity we were doing which involved a ball bearing; they were stored in a medicine container for some reason]
09-14-2010 08:31 AM
genuine anarchist Offline
Revolutionary

Given 12 thank(s) in 6 post(s)

BobManPerson Wrote:9/13/10 - "This is Mr. Gress's medicine. He takes a silver ball bearing every morning. The ball bearing is intended for the activity only. That means no putting it in your mouth, ears, or nose."

[on the subject of an activity we were doing which involved a ball bearing; they were stored in a medicine container for some reason]

Laugh You have some pretty cool teachers. I'm going to insert some of my teacher's lulzy or wise quotes, because I can't help but whore my experiences out Biggrin

Econ: "Why would we want to take over Russia? What, do they think we want their vodka factories or something?"

Bio: "I am smart. It just takes me a while to figure out computers because my brain is old. But I'm smart. I know I am. I didn't go to some slacker college; I went to the [insert name of relatively good, but unknown to most who don't live in that state, school], I know quite a bit. Do the other teachers think I'm too hard on my students? Yes. Do I? Yes, but it's for their own good. You will learn to think like a scientist and develop critical thinking skills." (explaining why we need to be assigned a shitload of homework each night and be timed to review, discuss, and do shit on her schedule...so much for critical, independent thinking, if all we're doing is adapting to her schedule)

Theo: (to a classmate) "You're Lutheran, so you're one step above atheists. You'll go to hell, but it won't be as bad for you as an atheist or agnostic." (I think he was joking, though in the seminary, he did take a semester on hell) :<_<: I don't want to criticize vocations, but that seems like a waste of time, unless you really want to scare people into believing the way you do. Oh, wait...

Anatomy: "The good Lord will burn you if you don't pray and go to Mass." (way to be a tolerant Christian)
09-15-2010 03:27 PM
యూజర్ పేరు Offline
Fanatic

9/19/10 - "The [computer] mouse is dead. Looks like it ate the wrong piece of cheese."
09-21-2010 08:21 AM
యూజర్ పేరు Offline
Fanatic

9/20/10 - "My jokes are all copyrighted."
09-21-2010 08:22 AM
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

BobManPerson Wrote:9/20/10 - "My jokes are all copyrighted."
Lulziest to date.

Faith o' Meter
Quote:Riddle me this, riddle me that. Give me a straight answer, you pain in the ass cat.
09-21-2010 08:38 AM
AWOL Offline
The Spooning Bard

Given 36 thank(s) in 34 post(s)

Which doesn't really say much...

[Image: 9be30a7.png]
[Image: LyingFloraBanner.jpg]
09-21-2010 07:23 PM
యూజర్ పేరు Offline
Fanatic

9/28/10 - "Twilight? Oh god, that stupid thing... Back before that we had Christopher Lee and he played Dracula."
09-29-2010 10:23 AM
AWOL Offline
The Spooning Bard

Given 36 thank(s) in 34 post(s)

Béla Lugosi was better at Dracula.

[Image: 9be30a7.png]
[Image: LyingFloraBanner.jpg]
09-29-2010 05:49 PM
యూజర్ పేరు Offline
Fanatic

10/8/10 - All my money is invested in gold. When the time comes, I've got gold and canned food rations, and I'll be prepared while you're all still at the beach wondering why there's so many planes flying over.

In addition, he passed back the tests we took. People who got an A got an autographed photo of him.
10-09-2010 10:13 AM
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

AWOL Wrote:Which doesn't really say much...
I meant lulzy that he even had to copyright it, like someone was going to steal it.

Faith o' Meter
10-09-2010 10:19 AM
యూజర్ పేరు Offline
Fanatic

10/19/10 - "Why would you choose to solve for the left side of the equation? Are you a liberal? ...That would explain why you're wrong all the time."
10-20-2010 08:37 AM
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

BobManPerson Wrote:10/19/10 - "Why would you choose to solve for the left side? Are you a liberal? ...That would explain why you're wrong all the time."
Seriously? Isn't being this big a dickhead illegal?

Faith o' Meter
10-20-2010 12:49 PM
Jesusaurisrex Offline
Fanatic

Given 19 thank(s) in 15 post(s)

CrayolaColours Wrote:
BobManPerson Wrote:10/19/10 - "Why would you choose to solve for the left side? Are you a liberal? ...That would explain why you're wrong all the time."
Seriously? Isn't being this big a dickhead illegal?

within modern school systems? if he does not have tenure he would be fired immediately. but im guessing he has it, so he can be a dick and notonefuckwasgiventhatday.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmXMA34CeoQ
10-20-2010 12:57 PM
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

Math teachers always get away with that shit. Once, a teacher threw (sorta, it was more "knocked into") a chair and it hit a friend of mine in the back. He was like "FUCK" Shit was lulzy, but anyway. The principal FUCKING WALKED IN ON IT, and he was still working there. Fucking bitch.

I feel sorry for him, he's obviously not all right in the head, but WHY THE FUCK IS HE A TEACHER?! Well, apparently, the dude got fired, not for being a fucking emotional wreck, but for taking too many sick days.

My school district is FUCKED. UP.

Faith o' Meter
10-20-2010 01:01 PM
యూజర్ పేరు Offline
Fanatic

Jesusaurisrex Wrote:
CrayolaColours Wrote:Seriously? Isn't being this big a dickhead illegal?

within modern school systems? if he does not have tenure he would be fired immediately. but im guessing he has it, so he can be a dick and notonefuckwasgiventhatday.jpg
It was meant to be taken as a joke.

10/20/10 - When they were building my house they had thistles, and I had to remove them all by hand, but they kept coming back. Then I learned you just use poison to get rid of them. Then liberals got mad at me because I was using poison; I poisoned all of Lake Michigan.
10-21-2010 06:48 AM
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

BobManPerson Wrote:
Jesusaurisrex Wrote:
CrayolaColours Wrote:Seriously? Isn't being this big a dickhead illegal?

It was meant to be taken as a joke.
I meant the whole badmouthing other people's political views. I don't give a fuck if you're conservative, you don't need to be an idiot, kthx.

Faith o' Meter
10-21-2010 09:30 AM
యూజర్ పేరు Offline
Fanatic

CrayolaColours Wrote:I meant the whole badmouthing other people's political views. I don't give a fuck if you're conservative, you don't need to be an idiot, kthx.
Here at SS we badmouth other peoples' political views all the time.
10-21-2010 09:40 AM
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

But school is a different thing entirely, I was sent here to hear you bitch about math, not the liberals. When you force a group of people to be somewhere, you don't add insult to injury by badmouthing their views.

Faith o' Meter
10-21-2010 09:52 AM
యూజర్ పేరు Offline
Fanatic

10/22/10 - "Old people are good for driving. They run over people and don't even know it, so they force you to be aware."
10-23-2010 06:52 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Year 10 boys want to get my math teacher fired for nothing. How can I save her? Marlena403 3 1,988 05-03-2017 11:32 AM
Last Post: James Comey
  My math teacher was really honest today.... James Comey 9 5,997 01-15-2017 01:42 AM
Last Post: Superkamiguru
  A threat my math teacher made at the class today Christian Hellhound 5 3,711 02-13-2014 04:53 PM
Last Post: James Comey
  My math teacher skinhead69 11 4,961 10-19-2012 11:47 AM
Last Post: IamNoone
  Teacher Finally Admits Math isn't necessary SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT 58 16,191 10-18-2012 06:29 AM
Last Post: SomeRandomHuman
  Stupid Math Teacher noodlehead 8 8,767 04-23-2012 02:42 PM
Last Post: Prince Rilian
  Holy shit, Math substitute teacher bulgarianlion 16 5,227 03-21-2012 10:28 AM
Last Post: Campion
  My math teacher bitch. monkey 3 2,492 09-22-2009 11:13 AM
Last Post: John Tuttle
  My math teacher is retarded Nicole 1 1,842 03-06-2009 02:00 PM
Last Post: Sunbourn
  crazy ass math teacher undergroundrevolutionary 20 2,798 04-22-2008 09:55 AM
Last Post: youvebeenthunderstruck