RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
The Games: Geography of SS
Ky Offline
Shadow

Given 1469 thank(s) in 972 post(s)

(OOC: Wow. Wactor must have balls of steel to actually be able to move with a bloodstream full of destructive nanobots. The only reason Winters isn't as affected is because he has fewer.)

Public Service Announcement: First world problems are still problems.
04-28-2014 07:31 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Subb Offline
Music Nerd

Given 317 thank(s) in 184 post(s)
RE: The Games: Geography of SS

(OOC: 12...)

The blade slices his skin, and he screams. The pain triggers a flashback, and he mow thinks Winters is a nurse, injecting him with nanobots. He starts punching him in the face with a newfound intensity, but he's ignoring the knife...

Sub's Mental Log!
We've had a lot of fun, guys.
Fulltime Member, 2013-2014

RIP GWEDIN
RIP URITIYOGI
RIP NIGHT
RIP HANSGROHE
RIP VON
RIP WES
RIP USERNAME
04-29-2014 06:25 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

Winters' rage is no less intense as he attempts to mortally wound his opponent, aiming his knife for the upper chest and neck.

04-29-2014 06:29 AM
Subb Offline
Music Nerd

(OOC: 11.)

He aims perfectly, but one punch throws him off and the knife plunges in his shoulder. The GM falls to the ground screaming, and you can hear the people outside the wing begin to stir, and come closer to the door...

Sub's Mental Log!

RIP GWEDIN
RIP URITIYOGI
RIP NIGHT
RIP HANSGROHE
RIP VON
RIP WES
RIP USERNAME
04-29-2014 06:35 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

Winters pulls out the knife, grips it firmly, and aims at the GM's neck/torso and stabs at him again (and again, and again, attempting overkill).

04-29-2014 06:38 AM
Subb Offline
Music Nerd

(OOC: 15...)

The knife grazes his neck, and the GM begins to bleed severely. He'll die if it doesn't stop...

People in rags start coming in, and they see their guardian on the floor near death. Some start crying, some of them go for their guns...

Sub's Mental Log!

RIP GWEDIN
RIP URITIYOGI
RIP NIGHT
RIP HANSGROHE
RIP VON
RIP WES
RIP USERNAME
04-29-2014 06:42 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

Winters presses the knife deeply into the GM's neck, and leaves it there. He smashes the cane with his foot, and the others stop writhing in pain.

He stands to address the people in the room. For some reason, it seems he already knows them, or at least knows of them.

Winters: (PERSUADE) I'm in charge here. Allow me to introduce myself; I am Terrell J. Winters. You may recognize my name, and probably know the names of the other three "prisoners" in this room; we were all assigned to handle research and development here at Dieter Meyers Insane Asylum, for varying reasons, until this failed experiment (he gestures at Carlmen, dying) decided to imprison us before we had the chance to do so to him. I'm here for one reason and one reason only; to investigate and improve the SB formula, one that he, and many of you here, have been subjected to. Any questions?

(OOC: I hope what Winters said makes sense in regards to the plot. If not, I'll change it.)

04-29-2014 06:55 AM
Subb Offline
Music Nerd

(OOC: Well, Carlmen lead these people to the asylum so that they would have a home. He's been protecting them and giving them food, in exchange for helping him in his studies... But you got a 19... so you persuaded them to believe you, and here's their reaction.)

We have no idea what this SB formula is, or what you're talking about. All I know is that YOU stabbed Steve! -Ragged Woman

Hey, maybe he has a point. Let's bandage Steve and then we can talk about this...-Jim Carter

Sub's Mental Log!

RIP GWEDIN
RIP URITIYOGI
RIP NIGHT
RIP HANSGROHE
RIP VON
RIP WES
RIP USERNAME
04-29-2014 07:06 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

Winters: Then it's worse than I thought. This building was abandoned, wasn't it? Has been for awhile? And Ca..."Steve" led you here?

If you must save his life, you must, but I should warn you that "Steve" here is not as he appears. He's mentally ill, but not as the result of a medical condition; he was subjected to the prototype of a serum, known only as SB, intended to break his mind. Right in this building, in fact. The results were not as expected; he escaped this asylum and began kidnapping people, subjecting them to torture more brutal than what he experienced, and forcing them to play his deranged games. The four of us here were only his latest victims, though it's clear why he targeted us. I know that he's done some nice things for you, but he is not a good person; if you save his life, nothing will stop him from doing it all again.

Winters helps the others to their feet.

04-29-2014 07:15 AM
Subb Offline
Music Nerd

(OOC: 5...)

Listen, we need to save his life now. We can hold a trial for him later, but he can't die here. Please let me help him. -Jim Carter

He.. He's a fukin liar... -The GameMaker

Carter bandages his wounds and gets some disinfectant.

Sub's Mental Log!

RIP GWEDIN
RIP URITIYOGI
RIP NIGHT
RIP HANSGROHE
RIP VON
RIP WES
RIP USERNAME
04-29-2014 07:20 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

Winters: As you wish.

Winters, while normally not a moral man, helps the people find medical supplies and treat the GM.

04-29-2014 07:26 AM
craxyguy562 Offline
Pariah

Given 133 thank(s) in 97 post(s)

Molly: Do we go on to the next game after this?

[Image: gUJMoO7.png]

Hidden stuff:
Homework brings the hell of school home.

Gwedin Wrote:  Dat feel when you get home, realise it's Friday, and itch your buttcrack.
05-16-2014 03:33 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

Winters: I'm done playing games.

He leaves the medical wing and group of worried peasants to go to the abandoned science wing; deep therein, he surmises, is the secret entrance to the FASH facility, possibly the area in which the SB formula was tested before it was abandoned.

05-16-2014 05:54 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

(Activating GM powers) The entrance to the FASH facility appears to have been abandoned for approximately half a year. Winters frowns as he notices scuff marks on the walls and broken containers and crates; some hostile force must have been there, and that same force probably released all of the SB-project prisoners within.

He can't get the secret door open from his side, but he notices an empty, battered ventilation shaft that, he surmises, leads into the underground FASH complex. He gingerly enters the shaft, suspecting that this was the very point of entry of his mysterious foe.

Meanwhile, the other three are in the medical bay while the worried, rag-clothed people tend to Carlmen's wounds. Carlmen is unconscious, but the men managed to prevent him from losing any more blood; it is miraculous that he survived at all. Carter, one of the ragged men, approaches the three cautiously.

Jim Carter: That Winters guy is nuts - what he was saying doesn't make any sense. Anyway, let's start from the beginning: how do you guys know Steve?

(This post was last modified: 06-11-2014 06:58 AM by Ky.)
06-11-2014 06:57 AM
craxyguy562 Offline
Pariah

Molly: He kind of...forcefully let us play a couple of games he made.

Hidden stuff:

Gwedin Wrote:  Dat feel when you get home, realise it's Friday, and itch your buttcrack.
06-21-2014 09:27 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

Carter: What kind of games? Like, Scrabble?

Some of the others gather around and listen to Molly.

06-21-2014 10:54 AM
craxyguy562 Offline
Pariah

Molly: Nah. Mind games I guess. Like making another cry through insults or going to Steve while being upside-down on the ceiling in a straight-jacket.

Hidden stuff:

06-24-2014 02:00 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

Carter: Wow, that's crazy. Steve seems like such a nice guy, too. Tell me more about what happened to you, strange corpse-looking person.

06-29-2014 03:41 PM
craxyguy562 Offline
Pariah

Molly: Another was solving hard math problems while having bugs in your body that cuase pain.

Hidden stuff:

(This post was last modified: 10-02-2014 10:31 AM by craxyguy562.)
07-01-2014 09:11 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

(OOC: Oh crap. I rolled a 1.)

Carter: That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Look, I've got to get back to taking care of Steve; that crazy guy with the knife really did him in. If I find that Winters man, he's dead. Although you kind of look it yourself...

07-12-2014 05:03 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

(GM powers still operational)

Meanwhile, elsewhere in the abandoned mental hospital, the vent buckles under Winters' weight. One of the shafts collapses, delivering Winters to the ground inside the secret FASH facility.

He was right. The corpses of loyal FASH devotees fill the air inside the fortified entryway with a horrible smell, and Winters grimaces, noting that they are covered in practically hundreds of oozing slash marks. Someone, or something, definitely broke into the compound...or broke out.

Winters examines his surroundings as he walks, confirming that his fellow freedom fighters did not bother to take back the base, and might not have even known it had been taken. He makes his way to the network terminal to find what has become of the hideout's records, and dutifully contact the head of the Capitalistian branch - Clara Watson.

---

In the medbay, most of the people present are tending to the GameMaker's wounds.

(This post was last modified: 10-02-2014 10:15 AM by Ky.)
10-02-2014 10:13 AM
craxyguy562 Offline
Pariah

Now that Steve is down, Molly sees an opportunity and not wanting to risk it runs away, but to an unknown place. Dun dun dunnnnn.

Hidden stuff:

10-02-2014 10:32 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

(OOC: Hmm. That's probably the smartest move of the century, actually. Not sure why Wactor and Duskshine are still hanging about, aside from Hansy and Kira not checking this thread, of course.)

(This post was last modified: 10-02-2014 10:38 AM by Ky.)
10-02-2014 10:38 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Geography of School Survival, Part 4! James Comey 4 2,269 04-10-2017 02:59 PM
Last Post: James Comey
  Geography of School Survival: The Book of Fate Ky 3 4,001 09-13-2014 03:24 PM
Last Post: Ky
  Fallout: Geography of SS Ky 85 43,324 02-21-2014 11:44 AM
Last Post: Ky