RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Such strong points I want to throw it at the wall
Dirtbikemike Offline
Balls denser than a White Dwarf

Given 78 thank(s) in 45 post(s)
Such strong points I want to throw it at the wall

I struggle to read Kohn and Gatto for long periods at a time because it makes me want to throw the book at the wall and cry. Or scream. All of their points, almost every last one of them, is relevant to me and so strong I get infuriated that I've been done wrong my whole life and I'm still being done wrong right now. I don't hate the books, or Gatto, or Kohn; they're my savior. I hate what the books are pointing out. It kills me that all of this wrongdoing is ignored.

Balls of Steel:
Hidden stuff:
(01-13-2012 10:37 AM)UnschoolShqiponjë Wrote:  Mike you deserve an SS medal. Here, be proud:
[Image: BallsofSteel2.png]
Congrats for doing something I never had the balls to do.
If you have kids, save them from the bullshit you are forced to go through.
(01-25-2012 05:36 AM)UnschoolShqiponjë Wrote:  Balls of steel re-awarded. 
(02-07-2012 03:22 PM)flann Wrote:  Balls of Tungsten, now.

I found a picture for tungsten balls
http://bit.ly/xqd1zk

(02-14-2012 03:17 PM)Maelstrom Wrote:  Your balls are denser than white dwarf star matter.
(03-13-2012 08:27 PM)M3116 Wrote:  Balls of steel re-re-reawarded Nutter

(05-14-2013 03:01 PM)Prince Darkstar Wrote:  Dirtbikemike is the only guy I know of on here who won an argument with a teacher.
02-06-2014 10:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: xcriteria , SoulRiser
timf Offline
Revolutionary

Given 152 thank(s) in 65 post(s)
RE: Such strong points I want to throw it at the wall

Quote:It kills me that all of this wrongdoing is ignored.

You are walking a path that many have followed before. This is the path of truth. As you begin to see the evil in the world you have several options.

1. Continue to follow truth wherever it leads.
2. Shut out the truth so that it doesn't cause you discontent.
3. Use a perception of truth to exploit others for your own gain.
4. Limit your perception of truth to others so that you can feel superior.
5. Try to get others to see truth.
6. Try to fix what you see that is wrong.
7. Rest in the comfort of knowing that the source of truth will eventually prevail.
02-07-2014 02:15 AM
 Thanks given by: Dirtbikemike , James Comey , SoulRiser
Rusty Shackleford Offline
El Guapo

Given 24 thank(s) in 21 post(s)

I second timf. Walking the path of truth is hard, but rewarding. Keep going strong.
(This post was last modified: 02-07-2014 03:01 AM by Rusty Shackleford.)
02-07-2014 03:01 AM
 Thanks given by: Dirtbikemike
DrMedicine Offline
Defiant

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

Once I realized how unfair our school system was, I pretty much quit. I don't know what to tell you because I myself am still reeling from the shock.
02-07-2014 06:22 AM
 Thanks given by: Dirtbikemike

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  My teacher's think they are tough (STRONG LANGUAGE) SchoolIsPrison333 8 4,852 04-25-2016 01:53 PM
Last Post: TheCancer
  Two bad points about this site TheCancer 13 6,666 01-12-2016 10:48 PM
Last Post: sswbm
  Strong thoughts Dirtbikemike 6 4,050 05-28-2013 02:23 AM
Last Post: xcriteria
  Are you strong enough to Rise Up And Give It All? BlondeBlueEyes 11 5,613 04-05-2013 01:04 AM
Last Post: SoulRiser
  I want to throw up Faroven 17 5,554 03-15-2012 10:08 AM
Last Post: UnschoolShqiponjë
  How to fake throw up? fish20 14 8,058 12-04-2009 07:24 AM
Last Post: random_name
  A Few Random Points ? annie 2 1,781 05-30-2008 08:59 AM
Last Post: youvebeenthunderstruck
  Social Studies likes to bribe parents with 10 points on test . 9 3,803 10-19-2007 12:18 PM
Last Post: .