RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fallout: Geography of SS
Ky Offline
Shadow

Given 1469 thank(s) in 972 post(s)

War. War never changes.

About this Thread:

Hidden stuff:
Welcome to an experimental role-playing session by DoA!

Unlike the other interconnected threads in this forum, this is a stand-alone RP that reimagines Chanku's world as a wasteland devastated by nuclear war. What happens in this thread has no bearing on what happens in the others; it takes place in an alternate universe in an unlikely future with greatly changed (but still familiar) landmasses.

This thread examines the question: What if the League's first order of business wasn't to ban nuclear weapons?

In this alternate timeline, the League opened in response to a possible genocide in Trollandia. The nations of the world worked together to save the Trollish people from extinction at the hands of the Orks, thus preventing the Orkanian genocide from ever occurring. With the League too distracted to consider banning the use of world-destroying weapons, this set in motion a chain of unclear events that resulted in nuclear war. Thus begins our story, 150 years later.

The purpose of this thread is for all interested players to create a character tasked with finding a means of crossing a radioactive ocean to locate a mythical island utopia said to have been protected from the nuclear holocaust. (OOC: which is in the relative location of the Acar's training island in the other universe.)

An Uncertain History:

Hidden stuff:
THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS PROPERTY OF THE TRINITY

THIS REPORT IS CLASSIFIED; DO NOT SHARE WITH CIVILIANS

The Sealanders waged war to gather slaves and wealth. Fantasia built an empire from its lust for gold and territory. Jim shaped a battered Capitalistan into an economic superpower.

But war never changes.

At the dawn of the League of Nations, war was still waged over the resources that could be acquired. Only this time, the spoils of war were also its weapons: Petroleum and Uranium. For these resources, Capitalistan (OOC: Capitalistian) would invade Deadistan (OOC: Revivistan), the Isle would annex Americium, and the United Empire (OOC: of Sea Land) would dissolve into quarreling, bickering nation-states, bent on controlling the last remaining resources.

Not even a year passed before nuclear war began, the seas receded, and most of the planet was reduced to cinders. And from the ashes of nuclear devastation, a new civilization would struggle to arise.

Setting and Map (WIP):

Hidden stuff:
[Image: WwPzaTh.png]

The brown represents passable land, which is expanded due to the shrinking of the oceans. The dark blue is irradiated water, whether oceanic or inland. The one light blue lake is the world's only clean lake. The gray is the approximate location of the game's objective. Finally, the green represents area that is unsafe to travel due to high radiation or biological poison - note that Capitalistan has a lot of it due to an uncontained outbreak of SB.

You are a resident of Chank City, a prosperous haven located in the former Trinity Isle (OOC: Isle of Three). The city borders the world's only lake untouched by nuclear pollution, and is home to two factions: The Trinity and the Acarian Brotherhood. Due to some rivalry no one can understand, the two militias are becoming increasingly militant and hostile to one another.

Joseph Chandlerson, mayor of Chank City, believes that the factions are warring due to an increasing lack of technology. The solution, he believes, is to find more and distribute it to both parties. Thanks to an old legend, he has a good clue where to look.

Utopia, some call it. It's an island out in the radioactive seas said to be untouched by war and brimming with electrical gadgetry. But with no naval craft capable of reaching it with their crews alive, reaching the island would be a challenge.

As a result, Chandlerson has asked the adult residents of the city to find scrap metal in the wastes or devise an alternative means of getting there. Scavengers scour the wasteland for shipbuilding material, scientists attempt to recreate the famed "flying machines" using the few spare parts they can find, and raiders attempt to rob and murder members of the previous two groups, either to take the glory of breakthrough for themselves or (more likely) merely for their own personal gain.

What kind of person will you be?

Character Sheet:

Hidden stuff:
Prisoner Profiles

SubCulture's John Calvin:
26-year-old male of average build.
Passed all gun safety courses. (Guns)
An aspiring orator. (Speech)
Sentenced to prison for hacking a Trinity terminal. (Science)
Maintains respect for civil authorities, appears altruistic. (Lawful Good)

Chanku's The Lone Wanderer:
Nearly-developed adult male of slim build. Identity undetermined.
Vast knowledge of coding. (Science)
Caught trespassing in an abandoned cryostasis facility. (Medicine)
Demanded and pleaded for release from prison. (Barter)
Often civil and quite affable, but does not show proper respect to authority. (Neutral-ish Good)

brainiac3397's Malvo Rolland:
22-year-old male of athletic build.
Highly idealistic shoebox speaker. (Speech)
Introverted tendencies, shifty nature. (Sneak)
Caught attempting to rob the armory. (Lockpick)
Mostly self-interested, disdainful of law enforcement, soft spot for kids. (Chaotic Neutral)

Hansgrohe's Dario Fernandez Hamilton:
21-year-old male of average build.
Trained in CPR and basic radiation treatment. (Medicine)
Briefly flirted with mayor's secretary. (Speech)
Detained for attempting to hold up a Brotherhood caravan. (Guns)
Adventurous wayfarer disinterested in politics and concerned for some others' welfare. (Chaotic Good)

Quest Log:

Hidden stuff:
- Four prisoners have been brought before Joseph Chandlerson, mayor of Chank City.
- Chandlerson gives the party a quest, serving as a tutorial for the Wasteland: He asks them to enter the Old Citadel south of the city, find out what happened to the other team he sent there, and acquire any technology or computer data they can.
- He then sends the party to the Lamplight Inn, where the innkeepers supply them with guns and alcohol.
- The party, led by the Lone Wanderer, scares away a hostile vagrant. The Wanderer is rewarded with firearm blanks as well as conventional ammunition.
- When we last left our party, they were exiting the Inn and looking at the Citadel spire in the south.

Public Service Announcement: First world problems are still problems.
(This post was last modified: 02-12-2014 09:38 AM by Ky.)
02-05-2014 07:14 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Given 1983 thank(s) in 1428 post(s)

I hope Orkania started the nuclear holocaust.

Other that that, this is interesting!
(I also like the idea of spin-offs)

Personality DNA Report
(06-14-2013 08:02 AM)Potato Wrote:  watch the fuq out, we've got an "intellectual" over here.

Hidden stuff:
[Image: watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme-240x180.png]
Brainiac3397's Mental Health Status Log Wrote:[Image: l0Iy5HKskJO5XD3Wg.gif]
02-05-2014 07:21 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

Chat Log - Pre-Game:

Hidden stuff:
(02-05-2014 07:21 AM)brainiac3397 Wrote:  I hope Orkania started the nuclear holocaust.

Other that that, this is interesting!
(I also like the idea of spin-offs)
(02-05-2014 07:27 AM)DoA Wrote:  In this alternate timeline, Orkania doesn't exist; it's Trollandia. The Orks nearly instigated the mass genocide of the Trolls (which SUCCEEDS without notice in the actual GoSS universe) before the League of Nations stopped them.

Would you like to create a character?
(02-05-2014 07:39 AM)brainiac3397 Wrote:  I'll get to it when I get home. I'm at work, and technically slacking off(not that I'm neglecting my work. I just finish pretty fast. When I got work, I put maximum effort and focus, then I finish my work before work is actually finished Razz )
(02-05-2014 08:11 AM)Chanku Wrote:  I would like to join. Although fun fact, Trinity Isles was a name I considered for the Isle of Three. I'd imagine my character would be a different version of the Lone Wanderer, which left the Acar when he saw what it would become. (that is if it's not much trouble)
(02-05-2014 08:14 AM)DoA Wrote:  Hey, I did pull the moniker "Lone Wanderer" straight from Fallout 3. That's the kind of character I encourage you to make, so I'm sure you'll be fine.

And yeah, I'm taking pretty much everything I know about the Isle you invented and corrupting it a bit to make a different lore.
(02-05-2014 08:28 AM)Chanku Wrote:  Alright. BTW, the Lone Wanderer's name might be revealed here, although it might vary a little in the main universe.
(02-05-2014 08:32 AM)DoA Wrote:  Naturally, considering the events of this game are supposed to take place in the future, relatively speaking.

How far in the future is uncertain. I'm thinking about one hundred or two hundred years, but it could be less.
(02-05-2014 08:40 AM)Chanku Wrote:  Maybe my character could have been stored in Cryostasis as a test(which the wanderer was frozen in Cryostatis for a day before creating the Acar, and did work in the facility, in the main timeline) so he could been in there when the attacks happened, and was stored in a vault area, eventually he thawed out and woke up in present day, however in this timeline he could have created the Acar before and left as it gained power, seeing it's future, thus making him join the isle and ended up in the future.

In both timelines he helped found the Acar, however the Acar was founded earlier here, than in the main timeline(as the original founding occurred sometime during the Isle arc and before the World War I Arc), and the Wanderer found out that the intentions were less than what he thought when founding it so he left and joined the Isle and became part of the facility, unlike in the main timeline when he was apart of the facility, and then formed the Acar.

Also maybe because the Isle itself was different and the King wasn't as nice.

Remember: If you want fewer pages to sift through, please delete previous comments if they are already recorded in these logs.

(This post was last modified: 02-12-2014 07:28 AM by Ky.)
02-05-2014 07:27 AM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

I'll get to it when I get home. I'm at work, and technically slacking off(not that I'm neglecting my work. I just finish pretty fast. When I got work, I put maximum effort and focus, then I finish my work before work is actually finished Razz )

Personality DNA Report
(06-14-2013 08:02 AM)Potato Wrote:  watch the fuq out, we've got an "intellectual" over here.

Hidden stuff:
02-05-2014 07:39 AM
Chanku Offline
Fanatic

Given 31 thank(s) in 18 post(s)

I would like to join. Although fun fact, Trinity Isles was a name I considered for the Isle of Three. I'd imagine my character would be a different version of the Lone Wanderer, which left the Acar when he saw what it would become. (that is if it's not much trouble)

Pretty Much my only signature...I'm mainly a lurker....you can find me on the IRC (or on DnE and their IRC).

[Image: USVWSwj.png]
02-05-2014 08:11 AM
Chanku Offline
Fanatic

Alright. BTW, the Lone Wanderer's name might be revealed here, although it might vary a little in the main universe.

Pretty Much my only signature...I'm mainly a lurker....you can find me on the IRC (or on DnE and their IRC).

02-05-2014 08:28 AM
Chanku Offline
Fanatic

Maybe my character could have been stored in Cryostasis as a test(which the wanderer was frozen in Cryostatis for a day before creating the Acar, and did work in the facility, in the main timeline) so he could been in there when the attacks happened, and was stored in a vault area, eventually he thawed out and woke up in present day, however in this timeline he could have created the Acar before and left as it gained power, seeing it's future, thus making him join the isle and ended up in the future.

02-05-2014 08:40 AM
Chanku Offline
Fanatic

In both timelines he helped found the Acar, however the Acar was founded earlier here, than in the main timeline(as the original founding occurred sometime during the Isle arc and before the World War I Arc), and the Wanderer found out that the intentions were less than what he thought when founding it so he left and joined the Isle and became part of the facility, unlike in the main timeline when he was apart of the facility, and then formed the Acar.

02-05-2014 08:46 AM
Chanku Offline
Fanatic

Also maybe because the Isle itself was different and the King wasn't as nice.

02-05-2014 09:19 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

Short Treatise on the Metagame:

Hidden stuff:
As you know, the events of this thread take place in an alternate universe. What if said universe were the real Geography of SS in an alternate universe where Chanku, for some reason, collaborated with me before remaking GoSS and:
- put me in control of the Isle
- acted as GM and created various NPCs
- gave SubCulture Capitalistan, spelled it right, and made Jim's nefarious plot succeed
- gave brainiac Trollania and stopped him before he could rewrite it as Orkania (thus preventing a genocide)
- gave Hansgrohe Sea Land, and Hansgrohe would change its name because "Sea Land" sounds stupid
- gave |55555| Americium, which would allow me (the Isle) to invade when 5 became inactive
- gave Heil_Kaiba Revivistan, which he would ironically rename Deadistan and place under the rule of Seto Kaiba
- encouraged Soul to play, handing her the last nation, Fantasia

Wow. The story now incorporates an alternate of OUR universe. Razz

Randomness:

Hidden stuff:
(02-05-2014 09:41 AM)DoA Wrote:  Also:

[Image: 20wrilN.png]
(02-05-2014 09:55 AM)brainiac3397 Wrote:  Lol.

De-leeted.

Chat Log - Pre-Game 2:

Hidden stuff:
(02-05-2014 03:34 PM)Hansgrohe Wrote:  Might as well join.
(02-05-2014 03:36 PM)SubCulture Wrote:  I'll join as well. But I need to think of a character to use...

What if I'm some dude who trying to get food and technology to the people, and doesn't like either of the factions? His name could be John Calvin of something like that.

Oh, and it isn't spelled wrong. It's spelled cleverly.

Capitalistian
Capitalistian forces, weapons, etc.
vs
Orkania
Orkanian forces, weapons, etc.

One word where others need two. And I didn't change it because I'm lazy and want to take advantage of that.
(02-06-2014 12:25 AM)DoA Wrote:  Okay.

Okay, here's the template for making a character.

Appearance -
Biological Age: *enter number between 19 and 45*
Build: -Skinny -Slim -Average -Muscular -Fat

Best Skills - Mark 3 of the following with an X
Barter - proficiency at trading and haggling:
Explosives - skill with unorthodox weapons:
Guns - shooting and firearm know-how:
Lockpick - talent at breaking and entering:
Medicine - knowledge of tools and drugs:
Melee - knife, blunt, or fist power:
Repair - ability to fix things and weapons:
Science - 1337 h4x0r 5ki11z:
Sneak - knack for going unseen:
Speech - influence over other people:

Morality -
Choose: -Lawful -Neutral -Chaotic
Also choose: -Good -Neutral (I'll handle the evil characters)

Name:

Character Logs:

Hidden stuff:
(02-06-2014 12:36 AM)SubCulture Wrote:  Appearance -
Biological Age: 26
Build:-Average

Guns - shooting and firearm know-how:X
Science - 1337 h4x0r 5ki11z:X
Speech - influence over other people:X

Morality -
Choose: -Lawful
Also choose: -Good

Name: John Calvin.
(02-06-2014 08:08 AM)Chanku Wrote:  Appearance -
Biological Age: (depends on how long after the events this is, around 100 years or so)
Build: -Slim
Age(visual): 20

Barter - proficiency at trading and haggling: X
Medicine - knowledge of tools and drugs: X
Science - 1337 h4x0r 5ki11z: X

Morality -
Choose: -Lawful -Neutral -Chaotic (Not sure, maybe he changes depending on mood?)

Name: The Lone Wanderer(nick name, real name is only known by him)
(02-06-2014 08:26 AM)brainiac3397 Wrote:  Appearance -
Biological Age: 22
Build: Average(athletic)

Lockpick - talent at breaking and entering:X
Sneak - knack for going unseen:X

Morality -Chaotic Neutral

Name:Malvo Rolland
(02-06-2014 10:15 AM)Hansgrohe Wrote:  Appearance -
Biological Age: 21
Build: Average

Medicine - knowledge of tools and drugs:X

Morality -
Choose: Chaotic
Also choose: Good

Name:
Dario Fernandez Hamilton

(This post was last modified: 02-12-2014 08:13 AM by Ky.)
02-05-2014 09:33 AM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Lol.

De-leeted.

Personality DNA Report

Hidden stuff:
02-05-2014 09:55 AM
James Comey Away
Banished Oldfaf in Exile

Given 2293 thank(s) in 1517 post(s)

Might as well join.

RIP GWEDIN
RIP URITIYOGI
RIP NIGHT
RIP VONUNOV
RIP WES/THEWAKE
RIP USERNAME

[Image: Nas-One-Love.jpg]

Stop jerking off to porn and whining and do something about it

Make School Survival Great Again - MSSGA

Hidden stuff:

[Image: BallsofSteel2.png]
[Image: mg_michelle_2020.png]
02-05-2014 03:34 PM
Subb Offline
Music Nerd

Given 317 thank(s) in 184 post(s)
RE: Fallout: Geography of SS

I'll join as well. But I need to think of a character to use...

Sub's Mental Log!
We've had a lot of fun, guys.
Fulltime Member, 2013-2014

RIP GWEDIN
RIP URITIYOGI
RIP NIGHT
RIP HANSGROHE
RIP VON
RIP WES
RIP USERNAME
02-05-2014 03:36 PM
Subb Offline
Music Nerd

What if I'm some dude who trying to get food and technology to the people, and doesn't like either of the factions? His name could be John Calvin of something like that.

Oh, and it isn't spelled wrong. It's spelled cleverly.

Capitalistian
Capitalistian forces, weapons, etc.
vs
Orkania
Orkanian forces, weapons, etc.

One word where others need two. And I didn't change it because I'm lazy and want to take advantage of that.

Sub's Mental Log!

RIP GWEDIN
RIP URITIYOGI
RIP NIGHT
RIP HANSGROHE
RIP VON
RIP WES
RIP USERNAME
02-05-2014 11:50 PM
Subb Offline
Music Nerd

Appearance -
Biological Age: 26
Build:-Average

Science - 1337 h4x0r 5ki11z:X

Morality -
Choose: -Lawful

Name: John Calvin.

Sub's Mental Log!

RIP GWEDIN
RIP URITIYOGI
RIP NIGHT
RIP HANSGROHE
RIP VON
RIP WES
RIP USERNAME
(This post was last modified: 02-06-2014 12:36 AM by Subb.)
02-06-2014 12:36 AM
Chanku Offline
Fanatic

Appearance -
Biological Age: (depends on how long after the events this is, around 100 years or so)
Build: -Slim
Age(visual): 20

Barter - proficiency at trading and haggling: X
Medicine - knowledge of tools and drugs: X
Science - 1337 h4x0r 5ki11z: X

Morality -
Choose: -Lawful -Neutral -Chaotic (Not sure, maybe he changes depending on mood?)

Name: The Lone Wanderer(nick name, real name is only known by him)

02-06-2014 08:08 AM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Appearance -
Biological Age: 22
Build: Average(athletic)

Lockpick - talent at breaking and entering:X
Sneak - knack for going unseen:X

Morality -Chaotic Neutral

Name:Malvo Rolland

Personality DNA Report

Hidden stuff:
02-06-2014 08:26 AM
James Comey Away
Banished Oldfaf in Exile

Appearance -
Biological Age: 21
Build: Average

Medicine - knowledge of tools and drugs:X

Morality -
Choose: Chaotic
Also choose: Good

Name:
Dario Fernandez Hamilton

RIP GWEDIN
RIP URITIYOGI
RIP NIGHT
RIP VONUNOV
RIP WES/THEWAKE
RIP USERNAME

Hidden stuff:

02-06-2014 10:15 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

Game Session 1:

Hidden stuff:
(02-07-2014 10:11 AM)DoA Wrote:  (OOC: Got it all. Check the first post for updates often.)

A song is heard in the distance.

Watch on YouTube

As it continues, it becomes apparent that it is emanating from an ancient device known as a radio. This radio is situated in a ruined, near-empty building across the street from mayor Joseph Chandlerson's office.

After reflecting on the old world song and peering out the window, Chandlerson turns to face the four dangerous men he invited.

Chandlerson: "Gentlemen, glad you could join me. I've called you in here to make a proposal, a proposal I say.

As you know, I have sent nearly every able-bodied man, and even some tough women I do say, into the Wasteland to bring this city into a golden age of prosperity. This is not just a whim; it is necessity. If we do not acquire the means to rebuild and fortify, we will be caught right in the middle of a war, yes a war I say, between the Trinity and the Acarian Brotherhood.

But some of these brave men and women aren't coming back. That's no good, I say. So I have an offer to make you.

You can agree to do a...favor for me and this city. Or these big strong officers of the law can take you back to your cells. Your choice. What do you say?"
(02-07-2014 11:11 AM)Chanku Wrote:  Alright, although I don't know why I was thrown in jail in the first place.
(02-07-2014 11:15 AM)DoA Wrote:  Chandlerson: "And I don't know what the hell you were doing wandering around a top secret cryogenics facility, I say." (OOC: He was just leaving, evidently, after having slept there for hundreds of years.)

"And the rest of you?"
(02-07-2014 01:25 PM)Chanku Wrote:  Also as I've said before, I was there before the event, but whatever.
(02-07-2014 12:48 PM)brainiac3397 Wrote:  "I'm in, but only for myself. Don't expect any heroics from me, especially for the wonderful people who imprisoned me..."
(02-07-2014 03:04 PM)SubCulture Wrote:  Why should I do anything you say, sir. I was helping people, and you locked me up for it. You have mavelous priorities, I see.-John
(02-07-2014 03:45 PM)Hansgrohe Wrote:  "I say, let us use rational thought. We can only advance ourselves further shall we use rational thought".
(02-08-2014 07:26 AM)DoA Wrote:  Chandlerson: [SUCCEEDED] "To be honest, I don't know or care why, specifically I say, any of you were imprisoned. That's something only you and the officers who detained you really know, I say. What matters is that you were.

Now I'm giving you the opportunity to redeem yourselves in the eyes of the law. Your criminal records? They'll be completely washed away, and you'll be hailed as heroes if you succeed, I say.

Your first task is this: To the south there is an abandoned citadel where the leaders of the world used to meet. It's been pretty heavily damaged, and most of the junk and tech there has been salvaged, looted I say. I sent a small team of young men and women to retrieve data from any remaining computer devices there, but I haven't heard back from them.

Your mission, if you choose to accept it: is to find out what happened to this team, and to complete their job. Any questions?"

(OOC: Noticed the [SUCCEEDED]? That message is the result of a roll/skillcheck; in this instance, SubCulture's comment qualified as a speech check because it wasn't guaranteed to have that effect on the mayor. As you can see, it succeeded, hence the message.

So if you're typing an action your character is performing and there's a pretty good chance you could fail, you have two options: You could put [ROLL] before your comment and the success (and degree thereof) of your action would be determined by me randomly rolling a die. But if you have a good explanation for what you're doing, make it sound plausible, and have a relevant skill related to the action you're performing, you might have better luck with a [CHECK], which I would use to judge the potential for success.

In short, if you think your character might fail at something, do [CHECK] if you're good at it and [ROLL] if you're not.)
(02-08-2014 07:43 AM)SubCulture Wrote:  Fine...Whatever it takes to get back out there. I'll just take some of thd technology I find as payment, because I should already be free.[CHECK]
(02-08-2014 08:03 AM)DoA Wrote:  Chandlerson: [FAILED] "Sorry, I need that tech and data, I say; it's vitally important to the well-being of this city.

Tell you what; if you find any non-technological items in the wastes of any use to you, it's all yours. Just deliver the tech you find to me; I might even pay you for some of it.

But I'm getting ahead of myself, I say. I can't just send you to the Old Citadel with just the clothes on your backs. You'll want the Lamplight Inn across the street; two sisters run the bar there and might be able to hook you up with basic weapons and armor.

Good luck, you four. Our future is in your hands."

(OOC: Excellent use of the check; your speech skill may have provided you a small bonus and your word choice might have been convincing, but a skillcheck, too, is decided by a virtual d20 die roll, and it just so happened to be too low for success even by my modified standards. Luck's behind everything, really.)
(02-08-2014 08:18 AM)Chanku Wrote:  -sighs- While I can understand the well being I can get some of them to work, and some of them will only work for certain people, like me. So I would like some of the confiscated items on my person when I was arrested to get some tech to work. [CHECK]
(02-08-2014 09:11 AM)DoA Wrote:  Chandlerson: [FAILED] "I don't think so. Ask again when...and if...you get back, I say. Good luck."

(OOC: The opposite happened here; you rolled high enough to have succeeded if you requested a [ROLL], but you had neither a relevant Speech skill nor a convincing argument, pitting circumstance against you.)
(02-08-2014 08:23 AM)SubCulture Wrote:  Thank you, sir. I'l be sure not to disappoint, like your law enforcement has disappointed me.

(At the Inn.(This is what will happen when everyone leaves for it.))

Hello, ladies. I was wondering where me and my gang could find some weapons. A bit of armor would help as well. Would you know where we could look? The Mayor has given me a special task.-John
(02-08-2014 09:11 AM)DoA Wrote:  The four arrive at Lamplight Inn, a few buildings down the block from the mayor's office. It's a run-down brick building with noticeable structural flaws and a sign over it that looks half-painted and half-slapped-together.

The sisters Gwen and Elsie Lennon are tending the bar as they enter.

Elsie smiles while Gwen gets up to speak.

Gwen: "Not many handsome men come by anymore; they've all gotten lost or killed in the Wasteland. My bet is that you're here to do the same.

You're in luck; I've got three spare revolvers for the three of you here and a weathered 10mm for the quiet guy in the corner (OOC: the Lone Wanderer). They might not pack that much of a punch, but they're alright; don't lose 'em.

Can't say we have any armor to spare, but we do have some medicinal items that might help."

She hands the four players their weapons and gives them each a couple of stimpacks (used for healing broken limbs or fixing one up in general) and some anti-radiation pills (that largely negate the effects of concentrated radiation).
(02-08-2014 09:27 AM)Chanku Wrote:  (OOC: I knew I should have done [ROLL]! Damn it)
Thank-you.
(02-08-2014 09:32 AM)DoA Wrote:  She nods.

Elsie: "Hey, you guys want drinks before you go? Might be your last chance. First one's free!"
(02-08-2014 09:30 AM)SubCulture Wrote:  (Holds up revolver.) This will do well. Well enough until I can find something that will pack some real punch. I mean, we're stepping into a battleground here. Is there any chance I could get a rifle of some sort? I have... Ten bucks. What can I get for ten bucks? [ROLL] If you don't have anything, that's fine. Thank you for helping us out.-John
(02-08-2014 09:34 AM)DoA Wrote:  Gwen: [SUCCEEDED] "Depends on what you're looking for. You can buy a lot of alcohol with ten Trinity dollars...or, if you really think you'll need it, a mint-condition gas mask."

(OOC: I don't know if I've alluded to this hard enough, but I'd like to make one thing especially clear: There ARE no essential characters here, and anyone can die. If you make mistakes, you might die yourself, and have to create a new character.

At least try to make it through the Citadel tutorial alive :P)
(02-08-2014 09:35 AM)SubCulture Wrote:  (OOC: Alright. I've let important characters die before. I can part with John. It'll be easier to do than Watson, so...)

No, I'll take the gun. Any gun that you'll be willing to part with for ten dollars is fine with me. Thank you!-John
(02-08-2014 09:39 AM)DoA Wrote:  Gwen: "Gun's free, and, considering the terrain, pretty darn necessary.

Still, we're itching to sell something. Drinks, or are you heading out?"
(02-08-2014 09:42 AM)SubCulture Wrote:  Fine... I'll take four flasks of whiskey to go. One for each of us. Would everyone like that? I hope the tenner will cover it. -John
(02-08-2014 09:51 AM)DoA Wrote:  Transaction completed.

Gwen: "It'll be just enough, yeah. Good luck out there."

She accepts the money while Elsie hands a whiskey flask to each person. (OOC: Alcoholic products are a double-edged sword; most will increase your damage output and relative strength, but will also lower your accuracy and cripple your ability to speak convincingly.)

Game Session 1 Recap:

Joseph Chandlerson, mayor of Chank City, invites four men into his office. Through dialogue he reveals to the audience that they are prisoners whose release he has secured so that they may do him a favor. He notes that most of the city's younger residents have left for the desolate Wasteland in order to scavenge materials and technology for the betterment (and possibly survival) of the city.

The four men each react differently. The Lone Wanderer proclaims his innocence before submitting, which Chandlerson notes dismissively. Malvo Rolland agrees out of his own self-interest. John Calvin initially resists. Finally, Dario Fernandez Hamilton takes a neutral stance.

Chandlerson admits he has no idea why the four men were really sentenced, implying that the police are corrupt, and tells the men their objective: To go to the abandoned citadel in the south, find out what happened to the other party he sent there, and retrieve any data they find in the old League computers. Calvin relents and agrees to help, demanding he be allowed to keep the technology he finds. The mayor, while doubtful he'll find anything of use, declines and informs Calvin that the city needs all the tech they can get.

However, Chandlerson remarks that anything non-technological they find, they can keep, and directs them to the Lamplight Inn to find weapons. Before leaving, the Lone Wanderer insists that he is capable of repairing broken technology. Chandlerson is unconvinced, and sends the party on their way. Calvin leads the party to the tavern after expressing his disdain for the city's law enforcement.

He flirts with the innkeepers upon arrival at the Lamplight Inn, and asks to be supplied. Elsie and Gwen Lennon, the innkeepers, lampshade the unfortunate deaths and disappearances of most of the town's young men and hand each party member a pistol. Three receive revolvers, while the Lone Wanderer is gifted with a 10mm. The party is additionally given anti-radiation pills and stimpacks for medicinal and possibly life-saving purposes.

Elsie offers to sell alcohol, and gives each party member a beer on the house. Calvin offers to buy anything for ten dollars, but decides to stick with the gun for the moment. Elsie points out that the gun is free, and offers again to sell alcoholic beverages. Calvin then spends the ten Trinity dollars he has on whiskey for each party member.

(This post was last modified: 02-12-2014 08:57 AM by Ky.)
02-07-2014 10:11 AM
Chanku Offline
Fanatic

Alright, although I don't know why I was thrown in jail in the first place.

02-07-2014 11:11 AM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

"I'm in, but only for myself. Don't expect any heroics from me, especially for the wonderful people who imprisoned me..."

Personality DNA Report

Hidden stuff:
02-07-2014 12:48 PM
Chanku Offline
Fanatic

Also as I've said before, I was there before the event, but whatever.

02-07-2014 01:25 PM
Subb Offline
Music Nerd

Why should I do anything you say, sir. I was helping people, and you locked me up for it. You have mavelous priorities, I see.-John

Sub's Mental Log!

RIP GWEDIN
RIP URITIYOGI
RIP NIGHT
RIP HANSGROHE
RIP VON
RIP WES
RIP USERNAME
02-07-2014 03:04 PM
James Comey Away
Banished Oldfaf in Exile

"I say, let us use rational thought. We can only advance ourselves further shall we use rational thought".

RIP GWEDIN
RIP URITIYOGI
RIP NIGHT
RIP VONUNOV
RIP WES/THEWAKE
RIP USERNAME

Hidden stuff:

02-07-2014 03:45 PM
Subb Offline
Music Nerd

Fine...Whatever it takes to get back out there. I'll just take some of thd technology I find as payment, because I should already be free.[CHECK]

Sub's Mental Log!

RIP GWEDIN
RIP URITIYOGI
RIP NIGHT
RIP HANSGROHE
RIP VON
RIP WES
RIP USERNAME
02-08-2014 07:43 AM
Chanku Offline
Fanatic

-sighs- While I can understand the well being I can get some of them to work, and some of them will only work for certain people, like me. So I would like some of the confiscated items on my person when I was arrested to get some tech to work. [CHECK]

02-08-2014 08:18 AM
Subb Offline
Music Nerd

Thank you, sir. I'l be sure not to disappoint, like your law enforcement has disappointed me.

(At the Inn.(This is what will happen when everyone leaves for it.))

Hello, ladies. I was wondering where me and my gang could find some weapons. A bit of armor would help as well. Would you know where we could look? The Mayor has given me a special task.-John

Sub's Mental Log!

RIP GWEDIN
RIP URITIYOGI
RIP NIGHT
RIP HANSGROHE
RIP VON
RIP WES
RIP USERNAME
(This post was last modified: 02-08-2014 08:25 AM by Subb.)
02-08-2014 08:23 AM
Chanku Offline
Fanatic

(OOC: I knew I should have done [ROLL]! Damn it)
Thank-you.

02-08-2014 09:27 AM
Subb Offline
Music Nerd

(Holds up revolver.) This will do well. Well enough until I can find something that will pack some real punch. I mean, we're stepping into a battleground here. Is there any chance I could get a rifle of some sort? I have... Ten bucks. What can I get for ten bucks? [ROLL] If you don't have anything, that's fine. Thank you for helping us out.-John

Sub's Mental Log!

RIP GWEDIN
RIP URITIYOGI
RIP NIGHT
RIP HANSGROHE
RIP VON
RIP WES
RIP USERNAME
(This post was last modified: 02-08-2014 09:33 AM by Subb.)
02-08-2014 09:30 AM
Subb Offline
Music Nerd

(OOC: Alright. I've let important characters die before. I can part with John. It'll be easier to do than Watson, so...)

No, I'll take the gun. Any gun that you'll be willing to part with for ten dollars is fine with me. Thank you!-John

Sub's Mental Log!

RIP GWEDIN
RIP URITIYOGI
RIP NIGHT
RIP HANSGROHE
RIP VON
RIP WES
RIP USERNAME
(This post was last modified: 02-08-2014 09:37 AM by Subb.)
02-08-2014 09:35 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Geography of School Survival, Part 4! James Comey 4 2,269 04-10-2017 02:59 PM
Last Post: James Comey
  The Games: Geography of SS Subb 262 72,454 10-02-2014 10:38 AM
Last Post: Ky
  Geography of School Survival: The Book of Fate Ky 3 4,001 09-13-2014 03:24 PM
Last Post: Ky