RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tarot, Anyone?
Subb Offline
Music Nerd

Given 317 thank(s) in 184 post(s)
Tarot, Anyone?

Hey, what do you guys think of Tarot? Specifically, me doing Tarot readings for you guys.

For anyone who doesn't know, Tarot is the use of special cards used to predict the future. They are often used as a tool for introspection and advice as well.

So, if anyone interested, pop in and ask a question. I'll do a spread, and post back with the cards I got and my interpretation.

I don't expect anyone to believe Tarot is some magic future-telling thing. I do expect some "HOLY SHIT!" moments, though.

Sub's Mental Log!
We've had a lot of fun, guys.
Fulltime Member, 2013-2014

RIP GWEDIN
RIP URITIYOGI
RIP NIGHT
RIP HANSGROHE
RIP VON
RIP WES
RIP USERNAME
01-30-2014 03:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Given 1983 thank(s) in 1428 post(s)
RE: Tarot, Anyone?

Me! Me first!

Always wanted to do one...but Im too cheap to pay for it. Its entertaining in my opinion. However, no holy shit moments for you!

Just some nonchalant "Yep."

Personality DNA Report
(06-14-2013 08:02 AM)Potato Wrote:  watch the fuq out, we've got an "intellectual" over here.

Hidden stuff:
[Image: watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme-240x180.png]
Brainiac3397's Mental Health Status Log Wrote:[Image: l0Iy5HKskJO5XD3Wg.gif]
01-30-2014 03:25 PM
Subb Offline
Music Nerd

(01-30-2014 03:25 PM)brainiac3397 Wrote:  Me! Me first!

Always wanted to do one...but Im too cheap to pay for it. Its entertaining in my opinion. However, no holy shit moments for you!

Just some nonchalant "Yep."

Cool! Do you have a specific question, or should I just do a generic, "What's the forecast for Brainiac?" reading? I'll be able to do it tomorrow.

Sub's Mental Log!

RIP GWEDIN
RIP URITIYOGI
RIP NIGHT
RIP HANSGROHE
RIP VON
RIP WES
RIP USERNAME
01-30-2014 03:27 PM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Specific question? I thought peiple just asked for a tarot reading and the gypsy lady did her voodoo, saw death in the cards, got scared, refused payment and turned out be an Americam college student dressed like a gypsy to attract more customers.

Nothing specific in mind. Im fine with the general question.

Personality DNA Report
(06-14-2013 08:02 AM)Potato Wrote:  watch the fuq out, we've got an "intellectual" over here.

Hidden stuff:
01-30-2014 03:36 PM
Subb Offline
Music Nerd

Tarot, Anyone?

https://31.media.tumblr.com/49f022d95ca5...o1_500.jpg

That's the spread I got for you. I think I'll just give you a general overview, instead of a card-by-card analysis. There's a lot of connections in this one, so I think that's necessary.

First, the cross area. You are a, young, quirky person (perhaps a little naive, no offense.) You just won a big "Clash," or what I think is a fight, but not a physical one. The immediate challenge you have is a huge amount of possibilities. The world is at your oyster. Nothing can stop you. I'll get to later why this is a challenge. In the near future, you will be restricted and blinded if you go forward in your plans. Not in a physical sense, but in a situational sense. Both your goals and your inner desires match up in the sense that they both want to leave. They are even leaving in the same direction. But, your outer self and inner self have different perceptions of you. You THINK that that are wounded, just limping away from that clash you had, but you're not. You are strong, stronger than you were before, and you have a fortune.

Now, for the column. Again, we see this fortune. You know that you have this, but you are ignoring it. The world is offering you nothing but this fortune, but you aren't accepting it. Maybe your desires of leaving are keeping you from taking it? Your main fear is falling asleep, not having any control of the situation, which will be realized in the future if you keep going on this path. But, the final outcome of the situation is death. Not of yourself, but either of this great fortune, or leaving.

To summarize:
You have a choice between leaving and making the world yours, or a great fortune that you realize that you have, but not at a conscious level. One or the other, not both. If you continue on the path you are on now, you will be restricted, which is one of your main fears.

Wow, sorry dude. That's a little grim. But hey, you should look for that fortune!

Sub's Mental Log!

RIP GWEDIN
RIP URITIYOGI
RIP NIGHT
RIP HANSGROHE
RIP VON
RIP WES
RIP USERNAME
01-31-2014 03:13 AM
Duelix3 Offline
Renegade

Given 30 thank(s) in 10 post(s)
Tarot, Anyone?

Hopefully no one takes this stuff seriously.

Mild entertainment value maybe, like horoscopes.
01-31-2014 03:17 AM
 Thanks given by: KFC Nyan Cat , Sociopath
xcriteria Offline
Fanatic

Given 930 thank(s) in 612 post(s)

This tarot reader Kelsey Lenore has a series of tarot readings done as Hangouts-on-Air... interesting way to get a look at how these things are done by someone who does this professionally:

http://www.youtube.com/user/thetarotnook

(Different sessions use different formats.)

I'm intrigued by the parallels and differences between these tarot sessions and something like psychotherapy or counseling. The cards, which present archetypal images, basically provide a catalyst for conversation, more than anything, the way I see it.

Also see TV Tropes' various pages on Tarot Motifs.

Peter Gray & allies launching the Alliance for Self-directed Education

ASDE Newsletters: #1 Announcement | #2 History of ASDE | #6 Education Liberation

School Survival & Catalyst Learning Network featured on AlternativestoSchool's blog
“Mom, Dad, can I stop going to school?”

Crucial Conversations: Tools for Talking when the Stakes are High

Hidden stuff:
01-31-2014 03:20 AM
Subb Offline
Music Nerd

Yeah, don't take this too seriously. This is supposed to be fun. I don't want any messages saying "I FOLLOWED THE TAROT AND X HAPPENED WAHHHHHH." But, I have predicted things with the Tarot before. My advice is to take the Tarot as advice, but use it to strengthen your reasoning for a decision, not to make a decision in itself.

Exactly. Face to face is the best option, because they can link the events in the cards to events in their life. It's much like therapy in that respect.

Sub's Mental Log!

RIP GWEDIN
RIP URITIYOGI
RIP NIGHT
RIP HANSGROHE
RIP VON
RIP WES
RIP USERNAME
01-31-2014 03:45 AM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

A little grimdark always makes my day! Razz

Personality DNA Report

Hidden stuff:
01-31-2014 04:04 AM
Night Offline
Queen Mod

Given 372 thank(s) in 211 post(s)

I might be curious in a bit of tarot.

Particularly perhaps my love life...

I'm a girl ffffeck
Hidden stuff:
01-31-2014 04:19 AM
Subb Offline
Music Nerd

(01-31-2014 04:19 AM)Night Wrote:  I might be curious in a bit of tarot.

Particularly perhaps my love life...

https://24.media.tumblr.com/8aebedeeb616...o1_500.jpg

Because it was general love life, I decided to go with the Celtic Cross. This was a hard one to read, because it was all over the place.

First, the cross. Right now, I presume you are in a relationship, but not a really serious one. You just went through a terrible break up, and you're never going to be with him again. In the near future, you're going to be single, but you are going to like the independence it gives you. The main challenge in a relationship is that you move around a lot, either physically or emotionally. Unlike Brainiac's, your desires do not match up at all. Your goal is to have men fight over you. But inside, all you want is to stop the contests and just settle down with someone you love.

Next, the column. Again, we see this mindset that a relationship is something that's given. Suitors fight, and you give the winner the privilege to be with you. This method is not a good one, as it only works by chance. The main reason why you use this method is because your afraid of being obstructed. Maybe this was something in your previous relationship that caused this, or maybe it's a fear that you'll be trapped in a relationship and you'll fall for someone else. The final outcome is that you will eventually find someone, but not anytime soon, and after this contest thing ends.

IN SUMMARY:
You suffered a bad breakup, in a not serious relationship, and will be independent. Your main way of choosing someone to be with is having "fights" or "contests" of some sort, and then choosing the winner. You will only find someone when you stop doing this, as it's not a good thing to do. Don't ask me what I mean by "contests" and "fights," because I have no clue.

So, this one's pretty okay. Stop the contests, and you'll be good.

ONE THING TO NOTE: I'm only saying what the cards are saying. I'm not assuming anything about you.

Sub's Mental Log!

RIP GWEDIN
RIP URITIYOGI
RIP NIGHT
RIP HANSGROHE
RIP VON
RIP WES
RIP USERNAME
01-31-2014 04:56 AM
Subb Offline
Music Nerd

(01-31-2014 04:56 AM)SadArio Wrote:  
(01-31-2014 04:19 AM)Night Wrote:  Particularly perhaps my love life...

I was about to ask that but then I realized it might be really grim but whatever, roll it, Sub-man.

Roll the die, cards, or the...fruit...baskets?!?
https://31.media.tumblr.com/0d7bbbb20477...o1_500.jpg

Another love life reading, coming up! And this one's good!

The cross says that your main desire in a relationship is fairness. You want both sides to be equal. This is because in a previous relationship, you let yourself be controlled by your partner. The main thing is that this desire for fairness may be looked at by some people as being controlling as well. Your inner and outer desires match up very well, you want to really work at something. Either at the relationship itself, or mending a broken heart. Don't worry, you'll meet someone in the near future. It will take a while for a relationship to bud, but it'll be worth it.

In the column, we again see a desire for fairness and equality in a relationship. But, your circumstances will provide you with a relationship you desire. Your main concern is that this partner will again take the upper hand and control you. But, for the most part, I see you meeting and falling in love with a feisty girl that has an equal desire in fairness.

IN SUMMARY:
You want fairness in an relationship due to past experiences. Soon, you will meet a girl that you will like. It will take a long time for a relationship to develop, but you will not regret it if and when it does.

That's a happy one!

Sub's Mental Log!

RIP GWEDIN
RIP URITIYOGI
RIP NIGHT
RIP HANSGROHE
RIP VON
RIP WES
RIP USERNAME
(This post was last modified: 01-31-2014 05:15 AM by Subb.)
01-31-2014 05:14 AM
Night Offline
Queen Mod

Given 372 thank(s) in 211 post(s)

I wish I knew how to read tarot cards.

I did go through a really bad breakup, one that took almost a whole year just to really break up.

I tend to have guys "fighting" over me. All trying to win my affection.

I think I found the one though that I really like, so I don't like the single soon part >.<

Ahhh, tarot cards. I'm way too influenced by these things..

I'm a girl ffffeck
Hidden stuff:
01-31-2014 06:10 AM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Ill hop on the love boat as well. Hit me!
Wait. Thats blackjack.

Tarot me? Sounds like garrot me...and I have no intention of being strangled.

Just do yer voodoo Biggrin

Personality DNA Report

Hidden stuff:
01-31-2014 06:16 AM
Subb Offline
Music Nerd

(01-31-2014 06:16 AM)brainiac3397 Wrote:  Ill hop on the love boat as well. Hit me!
Wait. Thats blackjack.

Tarot me? Sounds like garrot me...and I have no intention of being strangled.

Just do yer voodoo Biggrin

https://24.media.tumblr.com/5804c94fc817...o1_500.jpg

Another love reading coming up!

Right now, you look at love as something unattainable, a fantasy. The main challenge here is that you look at yourself as a wounded person, or someone that is impaired when it comes to love. It never has been easy for you. You'll meet someone in a busy place, and you'll get something going, but I'm not sure if that will turn into anything. Your inner and outer desires do not match up too well. Your outer goal is just to get a girlfriend, but inside, you want more. Someone to love and cherish forever.

I'm seeing untapped potential in you. You look at love as something unattainable, but you're more than capable of getting someone, if you haven't already. Nothing is working against you and this goal besides yourself. You keep yourself guarded, afraid of getting hurt, but you can't see that you will. In the end, there's a lot of things you need to work on before a relationship can flourish.

IN SUMMARY:
You can easily find love, but you aren't in the right mind to receive love. You keep yourself guarded away from emotion, and don't think love comes easily. Nothing is stopping you but yourself.

I don't want to put this in the actual reading, but I am seeing parallels between this one and your previous one. Maybe the fortune is love?

Sub's Mental Log!

RIP GWEDIN
RIP URITIYOGI
RIP NIGHT
RIP HANSGROHE
RIP VON
RIP WES
RIP USERNAME
01-31-2014 06:34 AM
Symbol Offline
Weirdo

Given 26 thank(s) in 13 post(s)

Do me, do me. General one, would be nice
01-31-2014 07:34 AM
Subb Offline
Music Nerd

Sorry, that'll have to be it today. I'll do some more tomorrow, and I might do sonething on how to read tarot cards tonight, using one of the readings as an example.

Might do a reading for myself as well.

Sub's Mental Log!

RIP GWEDIN
RIP URITIYOGI
RIP NIGHT
RIP HANSGROHE
RIP VON
RIP WES
RIP USERNAME
01-31-2014 07:48 AM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Fortune can be anything. But it makes sense since generallly speaking, love can sometimes interfere with ambition(in the sense of improving your own life). You see it in films a lot. The GF or BF that has to decide between the great job or his/her loved one.

Not that I have this dilemma, but it does make sense.

Personality DNA Report

Hidden stuff:
01-31-2014 09:57 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

Given 1469 thank(s) in 972 post(s)
Tarot, Anyone?

If you're after my money, just tell me up front, thanks :3

Public Service Announcement: First world problems are still problems.
01-31-2014 10:12 AM
Subb Offline
Music Nerd

(01-31-2014 10:12 AM)DoA Wrote:  If you're after my money, just tell me up front, thanks :3

No, this is all free. To be honest, paying for Tarot is a bit of a rip off. GIMMIE QUESTIONS!

Sub's Mental Log!

RIP GWEDIN
RIP URITIYOGI
RIP NIGHT
RIP HANSGROHE
RIP VON
RIP WES
RIP USERNAME
01-31-2014 10:51 AM
Duelix3 Offline
Renegade

Given 30 thank(s) in 10 post(s)

(01-31-2014 06:10 AM)Night Wrote:  I wish I knew how to read tarot cards.

I did go through a really bad breakup, one that took almost a whole year just to really break up.

I think I found the one though that I really like, so I don't like the single soon part >.<

I really don't mean any offense but...

Night, you are the embodiment of (almost) all of that I hate in teenage America.
01-31-2014 12:01 PM
Chanku Offline
Fanatic

Given 31 thank(s) in 18 post(s)
Tarot, Anyone?

Anywho I have a few questions to ask(I'm going to go ahead and ask them for now, because I might forget about this thread later....).
  • General
  • Love Life

Pretty Much my only signature...I'm mainly a lurker....you can find me on the IRC (or on DnE and their IRC).

[Image: USVWSwj.png]
01-31-2014 12:25 PM
James Comey Away
Banished Oldfaf in Exile

Given 2293 thank(s) in 1517 post(s)
Tarot, Anyone?

Fuck it, I have nothing to lose at this point. Might as well.

RIP GWEDIN
RIP URITIYOGI
RIP NIGHT
RIP VONUNOV
RIP WES/THEWAKE
RIP USERNAME

[Image: Nas-One-Love.jpg]

Stop jerking off to porn and whining and do something about it

Make School Survival Great Again - MSSGA

Hidden stuff:

[Image: BallsofSteel2.png]
[Image: mg_michelle_2020.png]
01-31-2014 12:26 PM
Subb Offline
Music Nerd

Don't attack users in my thread. Big no-no.

So, I have one generic and one love life for Chanku, and one general for Hansgrohe. I'll get to work tomorrow.

Sub's Mental Log!

RIP GWEDIN
RIP URITIYOGI
RIP NIGHT
RIP HANSGROHE
RIP VON
RIP WES
RIP USERNAME
01-31-2014 03:27 PM
James Comey Away
Banished Oldfaf in Exile

Tarot, Anyone?

Wait, actually, I have a rather specific one.

I know this won't mean shit, but hey, why not? What will be the fate of any kind of relationship with my crush right now?

RIP GWEDIN
RIP URITIYOGI
RIP NIGHT
RIP VONUNOV
RIP WES/THEWAKE
RIP USERNAME

Hidden stuff:

01-31-2014 03:33 PM
Subb Offline
Music Nerd

Cool! I'll have to use something becides the Celtic Cross! I'll be looking for a good spread for that.

Sub's Mental Log!

RIP GWEDIN
RIP URITIYOGI
RIP NIGHT
RIP HANSGROHE
RIP VON
RIP WES
RIP USERNAME
01-31-2014 03:35 PM
Gwedin Offline
dumb shithead

Given 559 thank(s) in 410 post(s)
Tarot, Anyone?

(01-31-2014 06:10 AM)Night Wrote:  I wish I knew how to read tarot cards.

Wish I had a croud of girls fighting over me, trying to win my affection.

Wish I had a girl trying to win my affection. :(

Wish I had friends.

Fuck it, why not. Do something generic about my life in the near future, plzzzz! Smile Understandable if you don't want to get around to it tomorrow.
01-31-2014 03:41 PM
Subb Offline
Music Nerd

No, it's fine. Just know that I have a limited amount of time tomorrow, with my parents and all. Tarot is fun.... I might even join in and do MY love life!

Hans, I found a spread that deals with why someone's in your life, what role they play, what you have to do to get close to them, etc. Would that work?

Sub's Mental Log!

RIP GWEDIN
RIP URITIYOGI
RIP NIGHT
RIP HANSGROHE
RIP VON
RIP WES
RIP USERNAME
(This post was last modified: 01-31-2014 03:48 PM by Subb.)
01-31-2014 03:47 PM
James Comey Away
Banished Oldfaf in Exile

Tarot, Anyone?

Eh, might as well.

RIP GWEDIN
RIP URITIYOGI
RIP NIGHT
RIP VONUNOV
RIP WES/THEWAKE
RIP USERNAME

Hidden stuff:

01-31-2014 03:49 PM
Symbol Offline
Weirdo

Given 26 thank(s) in 13 post(s)

(01-31-2014 03:27 PM)SubCulture Wrote:  Don't attack users in my thread. Big no-no.

So, I have one generic and one love life for Chanku, and one general for Hansgrohe. I'll get to work tomorrow.

And me please
01-31-2014 05:31 PM