RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Things that are annoying
Abc123 Offline
Defiant

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)
Things that are annoying

To me, these are the most annoying things/ things that I dislike.

1. Bronys. It's a girls show. A little girls show. Grow up.

2. School lunches. Sometimes there ok, but 80% of the time it's crap.

3. Kids who wear Vans/sperrys with Nike socks. As a person who likes Nike/Jordan shoes, it's annoying to see this. I almost throw up in my mouth. Like, just by a fucking pair of Nike shoes!
(This post was last modified: 01-16-2014 10:32 AM by Abc123.)
01-16-2014 10:27 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
vonunov Offline
Badgrr

Given 186 thank(s) in 126 post(s)
RE: Things that are annoying

People who can't control their volume.

Overzealously-hyphenated compound modifiers.

People that use "that" as a relative pronoun referring to a person instead of "who".
01-16-2014 10:29 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Abc123 Offline
Defiant

(01-16-2014 10:29 AM)vonunov Wrote:  People who can't control their volume.

Yes! 100% agree.
(This post was last modified: 01-16-2014 10:30 AM by Abc123.)
01-16-2014 10:30 AM
154bmag Offline
One in a million

Given 93 thank(s) in 55 post(s)
Things that are annoying

Quote:1. Bronys. It's a girls show. A little girls show. Grow up.
Well some people like that show. I hate it myself, but you know what I do? I don't watch it.

Quote:School lunches. Sometimes there ok, but 80% of the time it's crap.
If you're referring to the food, then I agree.

Quote:Kids who wear Vans/sperrys with Nike socks. As a person who likes Nike/Jordan shoes, it's annoying to see this. I almost throw up in my mouth. Like, just by a fucking pair of Nike shoes!
Personally I like Vans, some people don't like Nike. Don't like em? Don't wear them.

"When will the world listen to reason? I have a feeling it'll be a long time." --Dexter Holland

"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have. The course of history shows as government grows, liberty decreases. " --Thomas Jefferson
01-16-2014 01:57 PM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Given 1983 thank(s) in 1428 post(s)

I dont like My Little Pony but to each his own.

Wait...I see something.
I SEE SOMETHING
*leans into screen*
Quote:Grow Up.
>.<

My school lunches were not that bad. Then again the lunches were provided by a local pizza place so it was generally pizza, burgers and various subs. They were pretty much closely related with the school(all 3 of the owners kids attended). Actually the owners gave up the management of the place to close friends, and now work in the kitchen of the new building the school moved into.

If there is one thing you can't doubt of a turk. it's the quality of the food. We got a pretty strong cuisine culture.

I wouldnt know about shoes. I dont really like to wear sneakers unless Im using them for whatever purpose a sneaker is meant to serve. I generally prefer wearing "casual dress shoes" or something with at least a slightly formal look to it. And only in either black or brown. Ill wear grey with sneaker but only if the sneaker has a specifc style to it I find conservatively appealing. But generally Ill lean towards loafers, oxfords and the like.

Volume control is pretty odd. Ive always found the volume of speech to get higher and then serve as a catalyst for even louder speech, even when the source of the loud volume does not interfere with their conversation. So I guess that would signify a volume control issuek(and why sometimes people are unable to here me when a room gets louder and louder. My volume is generally pretty consistent)

I dont know about the hypens.

Never recall hearing anyone substitute who with that...

Personality DNA Report
(06-14-2013 08:02 AM)Potato Wrote:  watch the fuq out, we've got an "intellectual" over here.

Hidden stuff:
[Image: watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme-240x180.png]
Brainiac3397's Mental Health Status Log Wrote:[Image: l0Iy5HKskJO5XD3Wg.gif]
01-16-2014 04:16 PM
Gwedin Offline
dumb shithead

Given 559 thank(s) in 410 post(s)
Things that are annoying

Volume, like somebody above commented...

Bad grammar, punctuation and spelling.

Music with an excessively-loud bass. Related to my first point.

Doctor Who fans (not all but most I've met are really protective of that show).

Scensters.

Blind consumerism (sure, I'm totally okay if you buy products from a certain brand for the quality, but if you're doing it to be trendy you should off yourself).

School.

School.

School.

People.

There's more but I don't feel like typing that much.
01-16-2014 04:46 PM
Abc123 Offline
Defiant

(01-16-2014 04:46 PM)Gwedin Wrote:  Music with an excessively-loud bass. Related to my first point.

I agree with that. Should that even be called music?
01-16-2014 09:39 PM
vonunov Offline
Badgrr

Given 186 thank(s) in 126 post(s)

(01-16-2014 04:46 PM)Gwedin Wrote:  Music with an excessively-loud bass.

Ooh, and there it goes. Shouldn't have told you how to get to me.
01-16-2014 09:58 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

But I like songs with an excessively loud bass. It makes my innards are wobbly.

Personality DNA Report
(06-14-2013 08:02 AM)Potato Wrote:  watch the fuq out, we've got an "intellectual" over here.

Hidden stuff:
01-17-2014 03:39 AM
HawkbitAlpha Offline
Pariah

Given 95 thank(s) in 67 post(s)
Things that are annoying

Other things that are annoying:

1: People who put abc or 123 in their usernames

RIP GWEDIN (2013-2017)
RIP URITIYOGI (2016-2017)
RIP NIGHT (2009-2017)
RIP VONUNOV (2008-2017)
RIP WES/THEWAKE (2007-2017)
RIP USERNAME (2013-2017)
RIP HAWKBIT (2013-2017)
RIP SS

"Write me a little report of [my video], so I know you watched it, or you get another warning. One of my other goals is to make this forum a bit of my own class...So, tell me, how you feel about the new rule of having you do homework? Or you get another warning. So, do you want to do this or not?...Please send a PM and tell me if you're willing or not. I will probably give you 24 hours to send the PM. No PM will indicate to me that, no, you don't want to do things in this new way. So, you will be saying goodbye."
-Stevehein, promise-maker and Führer moderator of SJW-Survival, 2017

Hidden stuff:
01-17-2014 04:27 AM
WhatEvenIsThis Offline
Someone Else

Given 99 thank(s) in 49 post(s)

Things that I find annoying:

People

School

People

School

People

School

People

Your god-forsaken excuse of a failing government

Authority figures that in reality suck balls

The braindead part of society

Generalization (Especially the bullshit I see on Facebook abut school and McDonalds employment...)

People that judge others for not being "trendy"

The bullshit fear-mongering media

Women shopping for millenia with us forcingly involved

The show "1000 Ways to Die"... seriously, I can talk HOURS about how ridiculous this stupid show is.

And lastly, school... did I mention that already?
(This post was last modified: 01-17-2014 05:03 AM by WhatEvenIsThis.)
01-17-2014 05:03 AM
Gwedin Offline
dumb shithead

Given 559 thank(s) in 410 post(s)
Things that are annoying

(01-17-2014 05:03 AM)Ferigeras Wrote:  The show "1000 Ways to Die"... seriously, I can talk HOURS about how ridiculous this stupid show is.

I actually kinda like that show. Razz

(01-16-2014 09:58 PM)vonunov Wrote:  
(01-16-2014 04:46 PM)Gwedin Wrote:  Music with an excessively-loud bass.

Ooh, and there it goes. Shouldn't have told you how to get to me.

huehue. Grammatically-correct (haha!) or not it's a habit to do it like this.

Also I dislike in MMOs (well the internet in general but it mainly bothers me in MMOs), people with a bunch of numbers in their name or even worse... "XxcutegirlxX"...
01-17-2014 05:17 AM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Things that are annoying

Wannabe Sith Lords calling a real one an imposter.

Personality DNA Report

Hidden stuff:
01-17-2014 05:50 AM
Falsalm Offline
Pretty Nice Guy

Given 22 thank(s) in 14 post(s)

Meh, just imagine them in your head and kill them in different ways

⊙︿⊙ ⊙︿⊙ ⊙︿⊙ ⊙︿⊙ ⊙︿⊙ ⊙︿⊙ ⊙︿⊙ ⊙︿⊙ ⊙︿⊙ ⊙︿⊙ ⊙︿⊙ ⊙︿⊙ ⊙︿⊙

"When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion." -Robert M. Pirsig

"Forgive others, not because they deserve forgiveness, but because you deserve peace."
- Jonathan Lockwood Huie

⊙︿⊙ ⊙︿⊙ ⊙︿⊙ ⊙︿⊙ ⊙︿⊙ ⊙︿⊙ ⊙︿⊙ ⊙︿⊙ ⊙︿⊙ ⊙︿⊙ ⊙︿⊙ ⊙︿⊙ ⊙︿⊙
01-17-2014 06:17 AM
KFC Nyan Cat Away
suck 360 blazeit hooks

Given 244 thank(s) in 167 post(s)
Things that are annoying

We bronies just want to be left alone! We just want to watch our damn show and be left alone! The only reason we aren't left alone is because some stupid-ass trolls want to make us seem like spammers!

City YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/kfcnyancat
City Tumblr: http://kfcnyancat.tumblr.com (no longer operational due to personal issues)

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence" - Donald Rumsfeld

For anyone who remembers me going on an archive binge: Thank you all. I know I ended it being a drama queen, I don't really agree with the ideology anymore, and I'm really not the same person I was (I went through a neopagan phase!) but still this site was the first online community I was in. I graduated from school and turned 18. Time flies. KFC Nyan Cat, June 20, 2019.
01-17-2014 06:31 AM
WhatEvenIsThis Offline
Someone Else

Given 99 thank(s) in 49 post(s)

(01-17-2014 05:17 AM)Gwedin Wrote:  I actually kinda like that show. Razz

Ok, to be honest, I was a bit too exaggerating about what I said before. Yes, I find this show ridiculous, but I think it is like watching a train wreck. It hurts in the eye, but you just can not stop watching it.
While I do find it entertaining at a lot of points, most death ways in that show are just... nonsense.

But well, to each their own.
01-17-2014 06:39 AM