RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Poll: are you a night person
yes
no
NO NIGHT PEOPLE ARE EVIL!!!! Mad
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
school is anti-night people
craxyguy562 Offline
Pariah

Given 133 thank(s) in 97 post(s)

1. school starts in the mourning
2.before a test school tells to go to bed early
3. where i first heard the phrase "the early bird gets the worm."

worlds too
1. night is usually portrayed as being bad while day is good in most media
2. nocturnal animals are usually portrayed as being evil in most media

[Image: gUJMoO7.png]

Hidden stuff:
Homework brings the hell of school home.

Gwedin Wrote:  Dat feel when you get home, realise it's Friday, and itch your buttcrack.
01-14-2014 07:27 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: xcriteria , Dikont5 , Sociopath , Avatar Korra
Ky Offline
Shadow

Given 1469 thank(s) in 972 post(s)

I'm not saying I'm Batman. I'm just saying you never see me and Batman in a room together.

I'm a night person, but SCREW ME, because my school doesn't care about my sleep schedule. I swear, one size most certainly does not fit all.

Public Service Announcement: First world problems are still problems.
01-14-2014 08:19 AM
 Thanks given by: James Comey , HawkbitAlpha
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Given 1983 thank(s) in 1428 post(s)

I like the night. I feel all ninja.

Plus, if night was so bad, would there be nightclubs and all that nightlife insanity?

Personality DNA Report
(06-14-2013 08:02 AM)Potato Wrote:  watch the fuq out, we've got an "intellectual" over here.

Hidden stuff:
[Image: watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme-240x180.png]
Brainiac3397's Mental Health Status Log Wrote:[Image: l0Iy5HKskJO5XD3Wg.gif]
01-14-2014 08:21 AM
Gwedin Offline
dumb shithead

Given 559 thank(s) in 410 post(s)

I was going to make a Batman joke before I saw DoA already had... >.>
01-14-2014 10:11 AM
 Thanks given by: Ky
McGee! Offline
Defender of...

Given 10 thank(s) in 9 post(s)
RE: school is anti-night people

Then you look around at some of the unschooling parent or self reliance blogs which have mainly interesting, valid posts but when it comes to the time for classes if their kid is in college: "My kid is the best they go to school at 8:00 which makes him the most productive student there because then 2:00-midnightish is for their job, so he's at work before some of his lazy classmates even start a class! Everyone who disagrees with me is lazy!!"

Sociopath Wrote:
The Desert Fox Wrote:Colbert is awesome.
/threaditude.
Generation Y Cuban blog-English blog
Hidden stuff:
hewhodestroysall Wrote:Honestly I never figured the point of the esrb.
Point is you can't censor reality.
U.S. Supreme Court Justice Abe Fortas, Tinker v. Des Moines (1969) Wrote:In our system, state-operated schools may not be enclaves of totalitarianism. School officials do not possess absolute authority over their students. Students in school as well as out of school are "persons" under our Constitution."
Rebelnerd Wrote:Human rights are being violated by US law enforcement. This is what the media is here for, you're supposed to be the watchdogs! You're supposed to stand up for the downtrodden, not belittle them as though all their problems amount to nothing more than some angry glares toward parents and sabotaging their computers.
I've seen so much shit done to youth and for some reason, this has made me angrier than I've felt in years. Abuse and oppression happens all over the world. It's a terrible reality of modern society, but we've all accepted that it happens and we're doing what we can to fight it and build a better world.
But this...this mindless, condescending disrespect toward people who have no legal voice with which to defend themselves, this reduction of parents' betrayal into a cheap crack about kids being computer-savvy...it's like watching a surgeon joke about life insurance while his patient bleeds to death on the operating table. The media's job is to protect society from oppression and they've drawn a clear line between the people worth protecting and the people that don't matter. How can they people sleep at night?

You're a journalist. DO. YOUR. FUCKING. JOB.

(04-28-2010 08:17 AM)Liquid Wrote:  Laws never seem to help people fight School. Laws only matter if the students are braking them...

(12-03-2011 07:40 AM)SoulRiser Wrote:  Solution to all these problems: don't fuck people you can't negotiate with in a civilized manner.
(02-09-2012 02:14 PM)Absentinsomniac Wrote:  The only solution is democratic self-paced education where students can excel in what they are good at and work on what their not if necessary, AT THEIR OWN DAMN PACE IN THEIR OWN DAMN WAY.

Don't Board the Censor Ship
01-17-2014 03:34 AM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Id prefer classes at night. The sun is distracting.

Personality DNA Report
(06-14-2013 08:02 AM)Potato Wrote:  watch the fuq out, we've got an "intellectual" over here.

Hidden stuff:
01-17-2014 03:52 AM
(´・ω・`) Offline
Pariah

Given 100 thank(s) in 72 post(s)

Quote: Id prefer classes at night. The sun is distracting.
As are other people. Really, the night is the best of all worlds to me as it gives me time to actually do things without unneccesary interruptions from other people, or other inanimate objects for that matter.

Hidden stuff:

Quote:<sug> i dont think ive ever been an atheist
<sug> i worship the superplayer

Returned after years hiatus.
01-17-2014 05:30 AM
Trekkie_Aspie Offline
Fanatic

Given 120 thank(s) in 87 post(s)

You might want to take a look at this lot!

If I seem rude to you, please call me on it gently.
One thing (among many others) school couldn't teach you.

((Google Asperger's Syndrome))

stupid article
01-16-2015 10:02 AM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

The second mouse gets the cheese

Personality DNA Report

Hidden stuff:
01-16-2015 10:12 AM
Dikont5 Offline
Revolutionary

Given 54 thank(s) in 34 post(s)

Night is better than day. I can focus better, and I can actually work without being sleep deprived most of the day. Screw the early bird that gets the worm. In my opinion, the early bird gets the worm, and an early heart attack due to not getting enough Zs. The late mole gets the underground worm, if ya get my drift.

[Image: ninetales.gif]
[Image: poly12e.php?p1=74&amp;p2=64&amp;...amp;p12=49]
01-16-2015 12:24 PM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Well birds don't need to sleep in straight schedule. They make their sleep within an entire day. Our birds for example sleep most of the night but also sometimes in the day if they didn't get it all at night(sometimes they like to just sit there in this phased out manner...a bit weird)

Personality DNA Report

Hidden stuff:
01-16-2015 02:04 PM
Rule_BreakerXVIII Offline
Revolutionary

Given 271 thank(s) in 168 post(s)

Night is better than day because of the quiet-I don't want it to be ruined with more people roaming around...Even tho an actual nightlife that doesn't involve drugs, booze or partying sounds good.

I am of the opinion that society in general is anti-night people.

Don't play chess with pigeons-they'll just knock over the pieces, shit on the board and strut about like they won anyway.
-the Internet

Quote:May the days and months of flowing bitterness be rewarded...
To forget!?

Unforgivable!!
(This post was last modified: 01-17-2015 04:11 AM by Rule_BreakerXVIII.)
01-17-2015 04:06 AM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Well humanity was pretty anti-night till we got cheap light via electricity. Candles and lanterns were pretty expensive and not very long lasting.

Personality DNA Report

Hidden stuff:
01-17-2015 08:42 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Why Does the Anti-School Crowd Lean Left? Aureate 8 4,511 02-15-2017 06:56 PM
Last Post: the Analogist
  My School's Anti-Free Time Policies KFC Nyan Cat 17 9,751 01-21-2017 08:39 AM
Last Post: Superkamiguru
  Anti-School Yet Pro School MurkScribe 2 2,537 07-08-2015 12:29 PM
Last Post: Dikont5
  Night's School Story Night 5 2,705 06-13-2015 09:09 AM
Last Post: brainiac3397
  The Anti-School Movement - Where Are We Now? GamerGurl 30 19,277 09-02-2014 11:24 AM
Last Post: Missile
  Made an anti school site sanchixx 16 8,143 01-26-2014 11:16 AM
Last Post: Gwedin
  Sending anti-school propaganda to every teacher Sharpie 36 18,394 01-14-2014 03:36 PM
Last Post: brainiac3397
  Anti-school debate on SpongeBuddy Mania HawkbitAlpha 18 13,306 04-14-2013 03:18 AM
Last Post: Sunbourn
  My fucking annoying parents & an anti-school video GamerGurl 10 12,620 02-27-2013 09:20 PM
Last Post: GamerGurl
  A long anti school conversation with a friend of mine over steam Kretus9999 9 6,420 10-17-2012 07:08 AM
Last Post: Lambda_Physicist