RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy September 11th, Amerifags
Prince Rilian Offline
attic fan

Given 57 thank(s) in 47 post(s)
Re: Happy September 11th, Amerifags

HeartofShadows Wrote:
Prince Rilian Wrote:I don't celebrate september eleventh.

Its not celebrating.

More just finding a positive way to grieve.

It takes more muscles to smile than to frown.
Thanks for ruining my joke.

Life is good. Jeta është e mirë. Goingcrazy
Die lewe is goed.
Het leven is goed.

Zoidberg: What is it, already? What's the cause of your anger?
Leela: I guess I would have to say, I hate you!
09-12-2010 07:27 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Given 80 thank(s) in 73 post(s)

Prince Rilian Wrote:
HeartofShadows Wrote:

Its not celebrating.

Thanks for ruining my joke.

Anytime. Smile

[Image: WARZONES_subs_hostility.png]
image hosting jpg
09-12-2010 07:28 AM
Sunbourn Offline
Proud crazy cat man

Given 289 thank(s) in 192 post(s)

HeartofShadows Wrote:

Its not celebrating.

You mean more muscles to frown than to smile?

Who am I? Who are YOU?
09-12-2010 07:28 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

|55555| Wrote:
HeartofShadows Wrote:

Its not celebrating.

You mean more muscles to frown than to smile?

I was waiting on somebody to catch that(figured rillian would)

Oh well here's your cookie.

image hosting jpg
09-12-2010 07:30 AM
Prince Rilian Offline
attic fan

Given 57 thank(s) in 47 post(s)

HeartofShadows Wrote:I was waiting on somebody to catch that(figured rillian would)

Don't I get a cookie for not being a douche and pointing out a typo?

Life is good. Jeta është e mirë. Goingcrazy
Die lewe is goed.
Het leven is goed.

Zoidberg: What is it, already? What's the cause of your anger?
Leela: I guess I would have to say, I hate you!
09-12-2010 07:32 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Prince Rilian Wrote:
HeartofShadows Wrote:I was waiting on somebody to catch that(figured rillian would)

Don't I get a cookie for not being a douche and pointing out a typo?

Oh sure here's a chocolate cookie.

image hosting jpg
09-12-2010 07:44 AM
Raikuron Offline
Fanatic

Given 3 thank(s) in 3 post(s)

It may take more muscles to frown then to smile, but you exert more force smiling than frowning.
09-12-2010 07:46 AM
~Mystery~ Offline
Fanatic

Given 22 thank(s) in 18 post(s)

Car honks for the movement Biggrin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kXrbUSyTpg

People act unaware that the human body is a walking pharmacy![Image: rolleyes.gif]~David Icke~
Religion was invented to keep the poor from harrasing the rich"~Napoleon Bonaparte~
Do As Thou Wilt Shall Be The Whole of The Law! ~The Secret Order of Thelema~
"Respect goes to those who do not want it" ~TrueAnarchist~
"The only limitations that a person has are those that are self-imposed." ~Unknown!~
“Attraction is an emotion.~Dr. Alex~
“Life is an illusion albeit a very persistent one” ~Albert Einstein

I Am A Messenger From The Seduction Community!
Mint Member
09-12-2010 08:04 AM
యూజర్ పేరు Offline
Fanatic

Given 19 thank(s) in 16 post(s)

Fuck you.

What if your family or friends had been killed on 9/11? Oh, wait, that's right. Your family hates you and probably don't have many friends. Maybe it's because you're an insensitive asshole who insists that the government did it, or who laughs and tries to look like a rebel? But that's aside the point.

It doesn't matter how many people died, who died, or who did it. 3,000 innocent people were killed that day, and all you assholes can do is say, "it was only 3,000 people, it doesn't matter?" Fuck you.

And those of you who think the government did it disappoint me just as much. Did you not see the planes fly into the buildings? Are you so mentally impaired that you can't understand that when you fly a fucking plane into a fucking building, the building usually collapses? Why not say aliens did it? That's just as much a valid theory as the government. Or why not say the education system did it? Or PETA?

You all make me ashamed. I'm embarrassed to associate myself with you people; you fucking assholes who think it's funny to make fun of a national disaster.
09-12-2010 10:04 AM
~Mystery~ Offline
Fanatic

Bobman I can't hear you over all the honking! Laugh

People act unaware that the human body is a walking pharmacy![Image: rolleyes.gif]~David Icke~
Religion was invented to keep the poor from harrasing the rich"~Napoleon Bonaparte~
"The only limitations that a person has are those that are self-imposed." ~Unknown!~

Mint Member
09-12-2010 10:07 AM
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

Given 28 thank(s) in 25 post(s)

That's it, new official story.

PETA did it.

[Image: True-Blood-Banner-true-blood-2196368-500-82.jpg]
Faith o' Meter
-{|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||}-
Quote:Riddle me this, riddle me that. Give me a straight answer, you pain in the ass cat.
09-12-2010 10:13 AM
~Mystery~ Offline
Fanatic

Look at those Terrorists!!
[Image: _42869341_416australia_afp.jpg]

Mint Member
09-12-2010 10:19 AM
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

lol at the guy on the right. Laugh

Faith o' Meter
Quote:Riddle me this, riddle me that. Give me a straight answer, you pain in the ass cat.
09-12-2010 10:20 AM
Thought Criminal Offline
Frame 313

Given 106 thank(s) in 80 post(s)

BobManPerson Wrote:Fuck you.

What if your family or friends had been killed on 9/11? Oh, wait, that's right. Your family hates you and probably don't have many friends. Maybe it's because you're an insensitive asshole who insists that the government did it, or who laughs and tries to look like a rebel? But that's aside the point.

It doesn't matter how many people died, who died, or who did it. 3,000 innocent people were killed that day, and all you assholes can do is say, "it was only 3,000 people, it doesn't matter?" Fuck you.

And those of you who think the government did it disappoint me just as much. Did you not see the planes fly into the buildings? Are you so mentally impaired that you can't understand that when you fly a fucking plane into a fucking building, the building usually collapses? Why not say aliens did it? That's just as much a valid theory as the government. Or why not say the education system did it? Or PETA?

You all make me ashamed. I'm embarrassed to associate myself with you people; you fucking assholes who think it's funny to make fun of a national disaster.
If my family died in the attacks I would be very sensitive about the topic, but they didn't so I really don't feel anything. And as for the numbers, Yeah, 3000 people dying sucks ass but our government causes the death of more than that on a regular basis. Chile, Cuba, the middle east. Are those lives less important than some people who got killed in a tower? I don't hear you bawwing about them. just because it was on american soil everyone cries their fucking eyes out. This is nothing, Britain had the blitz, Italy had mussolini, Germany had fucking hitler. Thats a reason to fucking cry. This just shows america is full of soft pussies.
09-12-2010 10:35 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Colin Offline
Pariah

Given 14 thank(s) in 12 post(s)

Rebelnerd Wrote:People die everyday, which apparently means we shouldn't care about death.
People go to school everyday and get treated like shit, so we start a whole website to get people organized in opposition and go into a rage every time we hear about injustice on the news.

What's the key difference here, besides one being much worse than the other? Simple: the death thing isn't happening to you. So everyone saying 9/11 doesn't matter is just a selfish prick who doesn't give a shit about anything except their own comfort and happiness.
I sing your praises Rebelnerd
Most of these people who say they don't give a shit about it are either fucking lying or fucking idiots. Sure, people die everyday, but this shit was a fucking attack. Crazy assholes killed innocents because of some twisted ideas they had. I consider the fact that people in these times can still somehow think like that and act on it a disaster itself.

Oh yeah also if you're concerned about our government killing people (which you should be), that's not a reason to ignore violence from other people. Or not care about it. Condemn violence in general, not violence from one person/group of people. Fucking shit.

PLEASE, TELL US JUSTIN
[Image: ubd5511.png]
09-12-2010 10:43 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

[Image: lookwho27smad.jpg]

image hosting jpg
09-12-2010 10:47 AM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

Given 184 thank(s) in 127 post(s)

I thought we already had this EXACT SAME conversation, like three different times.
http://www.school-survival.net/forums/vi...ist+attack

Blog I post to now:
http://blog.darknedgy.net

Edfreedom.org -- An organization for more freedom in education.
http://www.edfreedom.org/join-us/
09-12-2010 11:04 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Absentinsomniac Wrote:I thought we already had this EXACT SAME conversation, like three different times.
http://www.school-survival.net/forums/vi...ist+attack

Lmao our old 9/11 thread.

Just proves that 9/11 has a place in everyone's heart.

image hosting jpg
09-12-2010 11:24 AM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

There's like 5 different documentaries on about it right now. Also, is it just me or was there a lack of footage from the various wars we were/are engaged in right now. The public would probably be just as hyped up about the war as 9/11 if there was footage or even enough documentation of it in newspapers and on T.V.

Blog I post to now:

09-12-2010 01:08 PM
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

Absentinsomniac Wrote:There's like 5 different documentaries on about it right now. Also, is it just me or was there a lack of footage from the various wars we were/are engaged in right now. The public would probably be just as hyped up about the war as 9/11 if there was footage or even enough documentation of it in newspapers and on T.V.
They think we can't handle it. Plus, if there was a fuss about it, they'd HAVE to bring the troops home. PLUS, with past wars, they don't want to seem like dicks.

Faith o' Meter
09-12-2010 01:21 PM
Thought Criminal Offline
Frame 313

Absentinsomniac Wrote:There's like 5 different documentaries on about it right now. Also, is it just me or was there a lack of footage from the various wars we were/are engaged in right now. The public would probably be just as hyped up about the war as 9/11 if there was footage or even enough documentation of it in newspapers and on T.V.
Media coverage raises opposition. You always see pictures of dead soldiers, The battle field form wars like WWII and Vietnam but nowadays if you try to publish a picture of a dead soldier you get sued.
09-12-2010 01:34 PM
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

Given 113 thank(s) in 97 post(s)

I (and I cannot believe these words are coming from my mouth) agree with BobManPerson on this. You don't have to sob uncontrollably every year on 9/11 but for fuck's sake you don't have to try and impress everyone by talking about it in a way that would be really disturbing to anyone who lost friends or family to it. Saying "there have been larger tragedies than 9/11 so it doesn't matter" is like saying that no war or genocide since the Holocaust should be paid any attention because it's not the worst thing that's ever happened.
Besides, it's blatantly hypocritical. The same people saying 9/11 doesn't matter flip out when they see a video of ONE KID being murdered in a behavior modification camp. What the hell, guys? It's just one guy, who gives a shit? This OBJECTIVELY PROVES that you're not really expressing a philosophical belief, you're just attempting to sound like the world-weary, nonconforming badass by reacting to a tragedy in a way that's different than how must people do.

So I'll lay it out for you: 9/11 mattered then and it continues to matter now. It's been involved in literally every political even in America (and a lot of the world) that's taken place since. Religious fanatics, the people that everyone here claims to hate so much, killed 3,000 innocent civilians who had nothing to do with the American imperial war machine and didn't deserve it. And for people who did lose someone close to them, ten years isn't really that much time. So get over yourselves, deflate your ego a bit, and show a little fucking respect. If anything, at least fake it in case there's someone here who lost a person they cared about.

I think Buenaventura Durruti is a pretty cool guy. eh kills fascists and doesnt afraid of ruins.
The quickest way to kill a revolution is to wait for it.
09-12-2010 02:32 PM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

Better yet, if you don't give a shit, don't post about it. It just causes unnecessary bickering.

Blog I post to now:

09-12-2010 02:38 PM
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

I don't have a problem with people mentioning it, it's just that this seems to be the ONLY thing we care about. We don't even give a shit about any other tragedy. We sweep it under the rug like it's nothing.

Faith o' Meter
09-12-2010 02:43 PM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Rebelnerd Wrote:

I (and I cannot believe these words are coming from my mouth) agree with BobManPerson on this. You don't have to sob uncontrollably every year on 9/11 but for fuck's sake you don't have to try and impress everyone by talking about it in a way that would be really disturbing to anyone who lost friends or family to it. Saying "there have been larger tragedies than 9/11 so it doesn't matter" is like saying that no war or genocide since the Holocaust should be paid any attention because it's not the worst thing that's ever happened.
Besides, it's blatantly hypocritical. The same people saying 9/11 doesn't matter flip out when they see a video of ONE KID being murdered in a behavior modification camp. What the hell, guys? It's just one guy, who gives a shit? This OBJECTIVELY PROVES that you're not really expressing a philosophical belief, you're just attempting to sound like the world-weary, nonconforming badass by reacting to a tragedy in a way that's different than how must people do.

So I'll lay it out for you: 9/11 mattered then and it continues to matter now. It's been involved in literally every political even in America (and a lot of the world) that's taken place since. Religious fanatics, the people that everyone here claims to hate so much, killed 3,000 innocent civilians who had nothing to do with the American imperial war machine and didn't deserve it. And for people who did lose someone close to them, ten years isn't really that much time. So get over yourselves, deflate your ego a bit, and show a little fucking respect. If anything, at least fake it in case there's someone here who lost a person they cared about.

Thats the thing with you people and you never get it through your heads.
NOBODY IS SAYING THIS BULLSHIT TO LOOK FUCKING COOL!
Is that all that comes to you when ever you see somebody not bowing their heads to what you all want?

As for you last paragraph I could say the same thing to you and to bobman.
Get over yourselves.

Why should anybody else give a fuck and act the way you two want us too?
Go ahead feel important with your I'm in the right and moral attitude.

image hosting jpg
09-12-2010 03:29 PM
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

Given 113 thank(s) in 97 post(s)

HeartofShadows Wrote:Thats the thing with you people and you never get it through your heads.
NOBODY IS SAYING THIS BULLSHIT TO LOOK FUCKING COOL!
Is that all that comes to you when ever you see somebody not bowing their heads to what you all want?
Then how about actually responding instead of just repeating the same thing you've always said? How about explaining, in simple terms, why we should feel bad about a relatively tiny number of deaths related to school and boot camps that have happened even earlier than 9/11, but shouldn't care about the deaths of 3,000? Seriously, explain it. Because I really am curious. Either you people are lying to look cool or you're just completely irrational.

Quote:As for you last paragraph I could say the same thing to you and to bobman.
Get over yourselves.
That doesn't even make sense. This isn't about any one of us, it's about really important and terrible thing that happened. Why is that so hard to understand?

Quote:Why should anybody else give a fuck and act the way you two want us too?
Go ahead feel important with your I'm in the right and moral attitude.
I'm saying that people shouldn't laugh about a national tragedy when there are still many people around who lost friends and family in it. If that doesn't put me on the moral high ground here, you have a very strange sense of right and wrong.

I think Buenaventura Durruti is a pretty cool guy. eh kills fascists and doesnt afraid of ruins.
The quickest way to kill a revolution is to wait for it.
09-12-2010 04:17 PM
Thought Criminal Offline
Frame 313

Jesus fucking Christ I'm not saying I don't care because it makes me look like a cool cat. I don't care because it's fucking irrelevent to me. Whenever you decide someone isn't living up to your superior moral values you decide they must be doing it to attract attention to themselves which is fucking bullshit. Some people really just don't give a fuck.
09-12-2010 04:30 PM
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

Aaaaand I doth declare September 11th the annual "split the forums apart" day.

Faith o' Meter
09-12-2010 04:38 PM
KittyKatBlack Offline
Resident Brony

Given 12 thank(s) in 6 post(s)

Why did people who knew they would be offended enter the thread in the first place? It's title is in an obviously mocking tone.
09-12-2010 04:46 PM
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

In fact, why did we even MAKE this thread? We KNOW it only causes stress, fighting, and grief. But we do it ANYWAY. Every damn year.

Faith o' Meter
09-12-2010 04:50 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  14th March = SS's 11th birthday SoulRiser 25 5,010 03-17-2010 09:27 AM
Last Post: Alucard483
  Fap Full September Desu 51 4,832 09-14-2009 05:43 AM
Last Post: Thought Criminal
  Fap free september! Spot-ify 43 7,234 09-08-2009 09:50 AM
Last Post: IllusoryDeath
  September 2nd, 2009 Milk2Go 11 2,452 08-07-2009 08:25 AM
Last Post: John Tuttle
  Big Bang Test Wednesday 10th of September randyhart 29 7,603 09-12-2008 04:52 AM
Last Post: Lucie
  Best SS Happy Brithday Cake EVAR!! HAPPY NINTH BIRTHDAY!! Cory 36 9,502 04-04-2008 02:36 AM
Last Post: SoulRiser