RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Poll: Should school give less homework or none?
less
none
more
none of the above.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Why I don't like school.
craxyguy562 Offline
Pariah

Given 133 thank(s) in 97 post(s)
Why I don't like school.

1. Too much homework and to many projects- I already don't like school but the fact that they have to invade my life with too much homework and too many projects is annoying.Censored

2. too many essays- I suck at writingNotworthy

3. You can only use the bathroom during lunch- how can I hold on that long!!!!Mad

[Image: gUJMoO7.png]

Hidden stuff:
Homework brings the hell of school home.

Gwedin Wrote:  Dat feel when you get home, realise it's Friday, and itch your buttcrack.
12-17-2013 07:31 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Asder Miller The Second Offline
Anonymous Supporter

Given 17 thank(s) in 15 post(s)
Why I don't like school.

I like school now

School isnt as bad as you think
12-17-2013 08:13 AM
Gwedin Offline
dumb shithead

Given 559 thank(s) in 410 post(s)
Why I don't like school.

(12-17-2013 08:13 AM)CyricDamascus Wrote:  I like school now

Wut.
12-17-2013 08:15 AM
Subb Offline
Music Nerd

Given 317 thank(s) in 184 post(s)
RE: Why I don't like school.

I second that.Huh?

Sub's Mental Log!
We've had a lot of fun, guys.
Fulltime Member, 2013-2014

RIP GWEDIN
RIP URITIYOGI
RIP NIGHT
RIP HANSGROHE
RIP VON
RIP WES
RIP USERNAME
12-17-2013 08:17 AM
Asder Miller The Second Offline
Anonymous Supporter

Given 17 thank(s) in 15 post(s)
Why I don't like school.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hUuAA60QTg

School isnt as bad as you think
12-17-2013 08:40 AM
Trar Away
R.I.P.

Given 189 thank(s) in 125 post(s)
Why I don't like school.

Nice video. Also, I like how you derailed the thread after one post. That takes talent, man.

I was able to use the bathroom a couple of times during classes if I asked. I remember the restrictions getting tougher and tougher as I progressed through the grades. Reminds me of Papers, Please.

I also believe in the separation of school and home. Homework is far from the most effective learning tool; it's basically more damned paperwork. I just started staying after school and doing it in the library. You should consider doing it as well.

I actually enjoyed (and still enjoy, not to mention consider myself better at) writing. I can see if school's quashed your desire to write, but even if you really do suck at writing there's always room and time for improvement if you so desire. Try writing more of what you want to write. Shoehorn it in your assignments, like I did Smile
12-17-2013 08:55 AM
 Thanks given by: Ky
Gwedin Offline
dumb shithead

Given 559 thank(s) in 410 post(s)
Why I don't like school.

(12-17-2013 08:40 AM)CyricDamascus Wrote:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hUuAA60QTg

I don't... I... Wut.

On a serious note, whoever voted that we should have more homework in the poll had better be trollin'.
12-17-2013 09:59 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

Given 1469 thank(s) in 972 post(s)
Why I don't like school.

I don't like school because homework has crushed my intellectual pursuits.

But I can't let that stop me. A month and a half after NaNoWriMo I finally have an awesome idea for a novel; it will be a fantasy novel about the misadventures of a courier for an empire, and everything that takes place in the story will allude to a behind-the-scenes, between-the-lines story about civil conflict between warring states. I will write it and it will be awesome and school will not get in my way...

Public Service Announcement: First world problems are still problems.
12-17-2013 10:03 AM
 Thanks given by: Rule_BreakerXVIII
Trar Away
R.I.P.

Given 189 thank(s) in 125 post(s)
Why I don't like school.

Do it. Write it and I'll read it. I need to write some more stuff myself!

Try not to post too much about it publicly if it's going to be a novel you can buy, though. Then again that's probably just my paranoia speaking.
12-19-2013 03:19 PM
 Thanks given by: Rule_BreakerXVIII
Ky Offline
Shadow

Given 1469 thank(s) in 972 post(s)
Why I don't like school.

Indeed. Actually, I've already figured out the major plot points and the main character's demeanor and motivations. Before long I might actually start writing the prose.

Public Service Announcement: First world problems are still problems.
12-20-2013 05:09 AM