RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim
isolatedsystem Offline
Revolutionary

Given 41 thank(s) in 35 post(s)

Hi there! I'm asking to you people if I am the only girl that plays Skyrim O.o I like to play skyrim It's awesome .
I play it on PC , and I remember these days when it was summer and I was sitting on the chair playing to skyrim... THESE DAYS ARE OVER BECAUSE OF THE FUCKING SCHOOL , I have less days of relaxation and in this next week I'm gonna have million of tests . The good thing is that the Christmas is coming !
So one day I was playing skyrim and one friend of my brother was around the house and he said : " wow you are the only girl in the world that plays skyrim "
And I was like "I am!?"
Yeah I know this games , who play most is the boys but girls can play too Biggrin so my character is Nord and I do a lot of missions and improve my strenght , It's an interesting game !
(This post was last modified: 11-25-2013 09:59 AM by isolatedsystem.)
11-25-2013 09:57 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ky Offline
Shadow

Given 1469 thank(s) in 972 post(s)

I created a character yesterday that looks almost exactly like Commander Badass from Manly Guys Doing Manly Things. Probably the awesomest-looking Imperial I've run with so far.

I play the PS3 version, myself, because my brother uses the Xbox 360 version and we don't have any DLC for the PC version (it runs really slowly on PC anyway).

And tons of girls play Skyrim. Just check YouTube Razz

Public Service Announcement: First world problems are still problems.
11-25-2013 09:59 AM
 Thanks given by: isolatedsystem
isolatedsystem Offline
Revolutionary

RE: The Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim

(11-25-2013 09:59 AM)DoA Wrote:  I created a character yesterday that looks almost exactly like Commander Badass from Manly Guys Doing Manly Things. Probably the awesomest-looking Imperial I've run with so far.

I play the PS3 version, myself, because my brother uses the Xbox 360 version and we don't have any DLC for the PC version (it runs really slowly on PC anyway).

And tons of girls play Skyrim. Just check YouTube Razz

My character looks a bit like Lydia xD I play it on PC and runs very well
I'm glad that I am not the only one ahah xD
11-25-2013 10:06 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

Neat!

I have created so many characters on all three consoles...I'm getting really tired of Helgen Keep and Bleak Falls Barrow Razz

11-25-2013 10:07 AM
isolatedsystem Offline
Revolutionary

(11-25-2013 10:07 AM)DoA Wrote:  Neat!

I have created so many characters on all three consoles...I'm getting really tired of Helgen Keep and Bleak Falls Barrow Razz

well I just have one Biggrin since I started to play this year because my brother was tired of seeing me playing sims 3 , so he suggested me to play skyrim . And before that I played and sometimes play NFS , left 4 dead , guitar hero on playstation....
11-25-2013 10:16 AM
Chanku Offline
Fanatic

Given 31 thank(s) in 18 post(s)

I play skryim, I kinda made a topic on it a month ago, however I play the PS3 version every now and then.

Pretty Much my only signature...I'm mainly a lurker....you can find me on the IRC (or on DnE and their IRC).

[Image: USVWSwj.png]
11-25-2013 10:31 AM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Given 1983 thank(s) in 1428 post(s)

I tend to create characters that look like me. A bit tricky and not always perfect but I get close enough. Course Im speaking of Oblivion.

I have yet to play Skyrim since the laptop cant really handle it. Oblivion runs a bit clunky. And I can only play Bioshock on all low settings(still looks good in my opinion). Plus I dont have space on the harddrive for skyrim at the moment.

I plan to play it soon though.

Personality DNA Report
(06-14-2013 08:02 AM)Potato Wrote:  watch the fuq out, we've got an "intellectual" over here.

Hidden stuff:
[Image: watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme-240x180.png]
Brainiac3397's Mental Health Status Log Wrote:[Image: l0Iy5HKskJO5XD3Wg.gif]
11-25-2013 02:54 PM
Gwedin Offline
dumb shithead

Given 559 thank(s) in 410 post(s)

I invested so many fucking hours into that soul-sucking game. IT'S TERRIBLE! Seriously. Once you max out all your skills in two characters (plus a crap-load of other characters level 50 and below) you start to resent the tedious repetitiveness of the game.
11-25-2013 07:49 PM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Duh. Cheats anyone?

I rarely ever played an RPG without using cheats. Its not because its hard, but because with cheats I can "mend" the game into my own story. Ill add items, edit skills or purposefully handicap myself to create a story.

Not so far as modding yet though. That takes a bit more time and is more technical. With cheats I never "disonnect" from the game.

Personality DNA Report
(06-14-2013 08:02 AM)Potato Wrote:  watch the fuq out, we've got an "intellectual" over here.

Hidden stuff:
11-26-2013 02:20 AM
Sunbourn Offline
Proud crazy cat man

Given 289 thank(s) in 192 post(s)

Say all you want about the combat system, Skyrim is a truly badass video game. My favorite aspect of the game is the massive open world in which you never know what you will find and what will happen around the next curve in the path. There's some really good mods out there for Skyrim too. If you play it for any system other than PC you're really missing out on half of the experience. At the very least everybody should get the Galaxy mod for the sake of beautifying Skyrim's night sky.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/32644

I'm a guy by the way.

Who am I? Who are YOU?
11-26-2013 03:19 AM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Yes. Most RPGs are best experienced on a PC(like with cheats).

Plus if something goes wrong like a bug or glitch, you can at least repair it on PC using the console. Or making a short code and activating from the console(like for Fallout 3, you can make a short code and activate from console that makes the traveling merchants invinsible. It also resurrects any of them that have already died and also make them invinsible). Outside of the PC, you have no choice.
((console meaning the command console on PC))

Personality DNA Report

Hidden stuff:
11-26-2013 04:31 AM
isolatedsystem Offline
Revolutionary

(11-26-2013 03:19 AM)|55555| Wrote:  Say all you want about the combat system, Skyrim is a truly badass video game. My favorite aspect of the game is the massive open world in which you never know what you will find and what will happen around the next curve in the path. There's some really good mods out there for Skyrim too. If you play it for any system other than PC you're really missing out on half of the experience. At the very least everybody should get the Galaxy mod for the sake of beautifying Skyrim's night sky.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/32644

I'm a guy by the way.

YAASSS Biggrin I have some great mods and they're pretty awesome to play on PC
11-26-2013 07:13 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

My favorite cheats are either related to the Fortify Restoration glitch or make use of objects/techniques hidden in the game world that players are not supposed to find. The invisible merchant chest in Dawnstar is useful too, and when I'm playing a mage I glitch through the walls of the Blue Palace in Solitude to obtain free spell tomes. And when I'm buying a house, let's just say my money disappears into a nearby chest so I can obtain the deed for free...

Anyway, to stop the game from getting repetitive I do things. Silly things. The most unexpectedly fun activity I found so far was using magic spells to snipe for hawks in the air above Solitude. Alchemy users would definitely benefit from such an activity, too...

11-26-2013 07:28 AM
isolatedsystem Offline
Revolutionary

(11-26-2013 07:28 AM)DoA Wrote:  My favorite cheats are either related to the Fortify Restoration glitch or make use of objects/techniques hidden in the game world that players are not supposed to find. The invisible merchant chest in Dawnstar is useful too, and when I'm playing a mage I glitch through the walls of the Blue Palace in Solitude to obtain free spell tomes. And when I'm buying a house, let's just say my money disappears into a nearby chest so I can obtain the deed for free...

Anyway, to stop the game from getting repetitive I do things. Silly things. The most unexpectedly fun activity I found so far was using magic spells to snipe for hawks in the air above Solitude. Alchemy users would definitely benefit from such an activity, too...

Well you said some interesting stuff about some mods that I never heard, basically who install is my brother . So I'm gonna see that mods Biggrin Some of mods that I know is that my character can use the weapons when lead the horse ( I don't remember if that is a mod installed or the characters can do it already ) , I have good armor , a black horse (I don't know what benefits that have) , etc..
Basically I play skyrim normally and I spent the money that I earn in missions or abandoned houses, temples...
I don't got at the point of getting bored about playing skyrim yet Biggrin sometimes I do dumb things there ahah xD
If someone asks me what kind of character I have I think that I consider her more alchemist but also I have good stamina to use swords installed by mods
11-26-2013 08:10 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

I didn't list any mods. Those cheats are things you can do in the game by abusing gameplay loopholes.

11-26-2013 09:42 AM
isolatedsystem Offline
Revolutionary

(11-26-2013 09:42 AM)DoA Wrote:  I didn't list any mods. Those cheats are things you can do in the game by abusing gameplay loopholes.

ohh yes those cheats........
11-26-2013 09:50 AM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

One bad thing is how theft can make you unbelievably rich(at least in morrowind and oblivion).

I mean, I would steal at almost every opportunity because it was much easier and so much fun to do. Quests didnt give as much early on. Once I robbed the entire city of Skingrad clean...including the castle.

Personality DNA Report

Hidden stuff:
11-26-2013 11:12 AM
Sunbourn Offline
Proud crazy cat man

Given 289 thank(s) in 192 post(s)

So are you guys hype about the upcoming Elder Scrolls Online game or are you crying? From the gameplay footage I've seen it actually remains relatively true to the series but only time will tell for sure.

Who am I? Who are YOU?
11-27-2013 04:26 AM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Im "hyped"(in a stoic way) but the only thing Im on the edge about is the plot/story. The thing about the Elder Scrolls games I liked was its immersive storyline and background. Hopefully a multiplayer online game can match it. If players can nudge around the plot outcomes instead of it being your standard "these teams", I think Id like it a lot.

Personality DNA Report

Hidden stuff:
11-27-2013 05:09 AM
Gwedin Offline
dumb shithead

Given 559 thank(s) in 410 post(s)

I was too disappointed after Skyrim to see if the MMO was any good. I'll take a look at it sometime, though.
11-27-2013 07:48 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  General Skyrim thread Faby 317 187,766 09-10-2015 01:51 PM
Last Post: Ky
  The Elder Scrolls Series Chanku 23 8,539 10-07-2013 03:45 PM
Last Post: Chanku
  Skyrim on Linux LOON_ATTIC 2 2,970 04-16-2012 04:45 PM
Last Post: LOON_ATTIC
  Dungeons in Skyrim Stadium 10 6,385 01-20-2012 07:30 PM
Last Post: LOON_ATTIC
  Gameinformer thinks zelda>Skyrim gore goroth 30 16,880 12-23-2011 02:16 PM
Last Post: Spiritus_Raptor
  Gore's Skyrim Review thread. gore goroth 4 3,193 11-17-2011 11:14 PM
Last Post: SoulRiser
  Can't wait for skyrim. gore goroth 21 14,863 11-06-2011 09:56 AM
Last Post: Hendorne Endoh'roth
  OH MY GOD (Skyrim) Faby 40 9,445 03-06-2011 09:06 AM
Last Post: Leon Kinotolian
  Leaked Screens of Elder Scrolls Skyrim. HeartofShadows 3 2,528 02-15-2011 07:59 AM
Last Post: HeartofShadows
  Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Squittle 17 3,490 01-10-2009 10:16 AM
Last Post: KitsuneSefam