RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
League of Nations
Chanku Offline
Fanatic

Given 31 thank(s) in 18 post(s)
League of Nations

"I refuse to loose any more land and Martin's dream to go away. I hereby motion for Skyvania to be ignored as a nation under any circumstance and to mark it as USA territory." ~Wanderer

Pretty Much my only signature...I'm mainly a lurker....you can find me on the IRC (or on DnE and their IRC).

[Image: USVWSwj.png]
04-19-2014 10:48 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ky Offline
Shadow

Given 1469 thank(s) in 972 post(s)
League of Nations

Ides remains quiet; he's noticed the Wanderer hasn't been himself recently, and probably doesn't remember supporting Skyvana's independence just two months earlier.

It seems that Skyvana is the target of not one, but two nations desiring more land. How can war be avoided?

Public Service Announcement: First world problems are still problems.
04-19-2014 11:36 AM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Given 1983 thank(s) in 1428 post(s)
League of Nations

What absurdity is this? Those lands were taken with the blood of SLAVES! while we do not support the previous Ork regime and their bloody conquests, Skyvana was taken by our brothers, sisters and parents. We will not simply let some hoodlum with no legitimate basis claims that land!

Personality DNA Report
(06-14-2013 08:02 AM)Potato Wrote:  watch the fuq out, we've got an "intellectual" over here.

Hidden stuff:
[Image: watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme-240x180.png]
Brainiac3397's Mental Health Status Log Wrote:[Image: l0Iy5HKskJO5XD3Wg.gif]
04-19-2014 12:05 PM
Chanku Offline
Fanatic

League of Nations

Sealand once owned that land, and yours too. As the USA is the legitimate replacement of Sealand, I believe we have claim to their land, and yours too. However we saw no reason to go after you for the land as we thought that it would be unneccessary. I regret that treaty that I formed with Demosia now.

Pretty Much my only signature...I'm mainly a lurker....you can find me on the IRC (or on DnE and their IRC).

04-19-2014 12:34 PM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

RE: League of Nations

No one owned our land. It was original Orkish territory and then a desolate and ruinous wasteland during a bloody war. We have also found contracts explicitly dictating that what is called "Japan" was originally Ork regime territory inhabited by our people. The ork regime is gone but it was a regime built on the back of slaves, and thus it is all rightfully the effort of the slaves and thus our inheritance.

We seek to unite those of our kin and history. No one else has a legitimate reason beyond ownership of the territory. We do not seek to change their ways, nor destroy their freedoms. Demiosa will welcome them with open hands and aid them, in return for integrating with our society and thus forming a union among all citizens.

(OOC:I think we can avoid physical war by resorting to espionage, politics, economics and diplomacy. I dont think going to war again would be easy as before, so governments will begin using the above listed tactics. Maybe a thread for disputed territories where such actions take place is suitable, so Japan territory thread will have relevant actions)

Personality DNA Report
(06-14-2013 08:02 AM)Potato Wrote:  watch the fuq out, we've got an "intellectual" over here.

Hidden stuff:
04-19-2014 01:49 PM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

OOC:Also, I have a system for the espionage-diplomacy-economics in mind but Ill have to post that tomorrow after work.

Personality DNA Report

Hidden stuff:
04-19-2014 01:58 PM
Chanku Offline
Fanatic

League of Nations

"I also have evidence to prove that before the Fawsum Regime, when the Sea-Striders were in power, The continients were united, Japan, Sealand, Demosia, and Skyvania. Then the Fawsum regime came in and fucked it up." -reaches into my coat- "I gave you your freedom, but I refuse to let the others free. It was a mistake in the first place to actually let Demosia exist."

04-19-2014 03:21 PM
Ky Offline
Shadow

League of Nations

Ides: Gentlemen, please! If we have to debate the terms of history itself, we will never get anywhere!

What's important is that we look to the present. Along the north there are four entities; the United States of America, Japan, Demiosa, and Skyvana. The US, short for United States, and Demiosa were both welcomed into the League with open arms, and Skyvana was about to be inducted before this meeting - if I do recall, it had the quiet support of the southern nations. The existence of these three nations cannot be denied; in order to deny them their sovereignty, you would have to invade them just like Sea Land did...and we all know what happened when we kept letting the Axis conquer new territories!

Japan, however, is something the US and Demiosa can fight over; it is an independent protectorate, and both nations lay claim to it. Which nation will receive it? Will it be split into sections? Or maybe they will accept the rule of neither and attempt to become their own nation again? This should be the focus of your debate, not the existence of three very real nations.

04-19-2014 11:20 PM
SeReNiTY Offline
Champion Of The Oppressed

Given 42 thank(s) in 26 post(s)

Skyvana is Skyvanian territory, so FUCK OFF.

"Thou shalt not be an asshole"
-The one commandment of atheism.

SubCulture said
"If you call xcriteria a shithead, he will write a ten page essay on why he is not a shithead, link you to a tedtalk on bullying and the tvtropes page on insults. After reading and watching all that you would evaluate your life and decide to never call anyone a shithead ever again."
04-20-2014 11:49 AM
Chanku Offline
Fanatic

"I will invade if necessary, however Japan was owned by Sealand then leant to Orkania, then they let Blimptaria form." ~Wanderer (OOC: The wanderer is kinda unstable mentally and semi-insane. Mostly due to Martin's death. He kinda feels guilty due of Martin's death, and hasen't gotten past that. Because of this he's hanging onto what Martin wanted, and is trying to keep that from falling apart. However he has not completely snapped...yet.)

04-20-2014 04:37 PM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Invade if you wish, but dont forget how we slaughtered your people under the banner of the tyrannical Orks. We will not fire the first shot but we claim Japan as a protectorate and any act of aggression against Japan shall be an act of aggression against Demiosa.

We, for formality's sake, submit our proposal to put Japan under our protection against the evidently unstable and warmongering nation of Sealand. We all can't forget how our neutral territory was fiendishly subjugated by the Sealandic people for their insatiable land lust!

Personality DNA Report

Hidden stuff:
04-21-2014 01:18 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

League of Nations

(OOC: I figured as much, Chanku.)

Ides: Perhaps we can come to an agreement that favors both the US and Demiosa. Both countries wish to protect Japan, and their predecessors had mutual ownership of it...so, what if it were an independent protectorate of both nations? It would be autonomously governed, but the militaries of both Demiosa and America would send just a unit each to act as protectors for that culturally significant land.

04-21-2014 05:45 AM
Chanku Offline
Fanatic

League of Nations

No. The US must own the land. It was Martin's dream. Should I be denied this, then the world shall be reminded of my power, and mistakes won't be made again.

04-21-2014 06:24 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

League of Nations

Ides: I mean you no offense, Mister President, but from what you've told me, at length, throughout these past few months, Martin's dream was first and foremost the freedom of all men, even above the unification of the north. Think of the men who would be wounded or killed if you attempted a military conquest in Japan. Would Martin approve if he were still alive today?

Ides asks the last question quietly, realizing that he may have crossed a line by mentioning Martin. Regardless, his face remains composed; he believes there is still enough sense within the Wanderer to understand what he really meant.

04-21-2014 07:34 AM
Chanku Offline
Fanatic

League of Nations

-eye twitches as I stand up- DO NOT TELL ME WHAT MARTIN WANTED! -pulls out a pistol and points it at Ides, his finger on the trigger- (OOC: Well I was planning to have him become collected, but he pretty much had a minor breakdown, and well, as it can be seen, is highly sensitive to the mentioning of Martin at times.)

04-21-2014 07:41 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

League of Nations

Almost at once, more than twenty red laser dots appear on the Wanderer's torso.

Ides: In case you haven't noticed, this is the grand opening of the League of Nations, and we've stepped security up significantly. An entire team of the world's best-trained marksmen are in this room and can blow you away in a second with the latest assault rifles without so much as another casualty. Also, it seems you haven't read our most recent security memo; diplomats and politicians are no longer permitted to bring conventional weapons of any kind into this room. Drop your weapon, and do try to control yourself.

(OOC: Fitting that the League Security Chief isn't scared of guns. Sadly, if the Wanderer doesn't give in, Ides'll be less a security chief and more a bloodied corpse.)

04-21-2014 07:49 AM
Chanku Offline
Fanatic

League of Nations

-keeps it aimed, but something on the wanderers faced changes, for a moment, before it is covered up. It is evident that the Wanderer is trying to control himself, in some way-

04-21-2014 07:55 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

League of Nations

Ides: *still staring at the Wanderer solemnly* For what it's worth, I'm sorry. I'd forgotten my place; I just thought you should know that no one should have to suffer - indeed, no one does have to suffer - to fulfill his dream.

04-21-2014 07:57 AM
Chanku Offline
Fanatic

League of Nations

-the wanderer after a few moments, blacks out almost as if his mind can not support itself at the moment-

04-21-2014 07:59 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

League of Nations

Ides: *shouting* Get some medics in here, on the double!

His guards immediately oblige.

04-21-2014 08:01 AM
Chanku Offline
Fanatic

League of Nations

-the wanderer twitches a little, but is out cold for the most part. meanwhile Chandler sits up, somewhat startled and somewhat scared/shocked due to this.-

04-21-2014 08:03 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

League of Nations

The other leaders and diplomats seem to share equal concern.

The League medical workers, surprised that they have an emergency on their hands so soon after opening, rush into the room and cart the Lone Wanderer to the newly completed Medical Wing of the Citadel. Ides and a few of the world's politicians - those familiar with the Wanderer - follow the doctors and their patient to the emergency ward.

(OOC: I hate having to say "The Lone Wanderer" every time I want to refer to him. Anyway, if he ran in a freaking presidential election, surely his real name, or at least last name, wouldn't be some big secret by this point, would it?)

04-21-2014 08:09 AM
Chanku Offline
Fanatic

League of Nations

(OOC: Actually it somehow is.....have no real idea how to reveal his name. ALthough it does begin with a Za, as the Chandler has stated before)

04-21-2014 08:13 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

League of Nations

Several hours pass. The Z-Man (OOC: lol) is still incapacitated in the medbay; by this point, the League meeting has temporarily adjourned and most of the leaders and diplomats are staying at luxurious, well-defended hotels in the immediate vicinity. Only Ides, Chandler, and a few guards and doctors remain in the Wanderer's room.

Ides: I take it you know this man, Your Majesty. You wouldn't happen to know his medical history, would you? I can't even find his name in the Isle records, even though I'm fairly certain he was an Isle citizen at some point.

04-27-2014 11:31 AM
Chanku Offline
Fanatic

League of Nations

-I glance at him for a moment, looking rather uncomfortable- I do know him, he was a citizen, and at the same time, was not a citizen. However that's all I can really say.

04-29-2014 05:49 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

League of Nations

Ides: I understand; what you have to say is probably beyond my security clearance. (He looks a bit hurt, guessing - most likely correctly - that his predecessor would have been given the full details.) I'll ask only this: In what time that you knew him, did you ever see, hear, or hear of him in a condition like this?

04-29-2014 06:42 AM
Chanku Offline
Fanatic

League of Nations

Not that I can remember. -sighs- Also your predessesscor would not know about him as well, he would not be given clearance.....the clearance level is even above mine somehow.

04-29-2014 06:54 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

League of Nations

Ides: ...What? But you're the King of the Isle of Three! How is that even...the Acar! This cannot be a coincidence; the Acar may be more of a threat than you may realize, Your Highness. Are you sure we shouldn't increase the DEFCON level?

04-29-2014 07:03 AM
Chanku Offline
Fanatic

League of Nations

No it wasn't them. It's partially due to the fact of an older rule implimented. I did some research, I've meet him before, but mainly to accept the application into the Protection Program. The law which I put into action several years ago allows a person to have their records hidden, even from me, allowing them to disappear. The only time it can be declassified is if the person is dead, or requests it. He was a test subject for the cryo-stasis chambers which preceded the Sync Technology. Because he was a test subject he was allowed to disappear if he choose to, and he did.

04-29-2014 07:07 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

League of Nations

Ides: But there are those who might have abused this system. I'm not saying the Wanderer here has been working with the other Acar - it appears he's suffering from trauma at the death of Emperor Martin Seastrider, anyway - but I am saying that if he signed up for this program, there's no telling who else did.

(OOC: Well, there is telling. The way I'd like to tell the story, a bounty hunter by the name of Qufad Tau, responsible for gruesome assassinations, never caught, never stopped, working in tandem with the Acarian uprising, also signed up for this program in the past. But I haven't introduced him to the game yet.)

04-29-2014 07:21 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  [GOSS 4] League of Nations James Comey 0 1,491 04-10-2017 08:18 AM
Last Post: James Comey
  [GOSS 3] League of Nations Ky 94 30,067 10-30-2015 12:02 PM
Last Post: schoolsux
  Resolutions passed by the League of Nations Chanku 5 4,047 11-10-2013 09:03 AM
Last Post: brainiac3397
  Official League of Extraordinary Nations topic The Desert Fox 30 7,471 07-19-2010 03:19 AM
Last Post: Alucard483
  Leaders of the Nations (as of 7/16) యూజర్ పేరు 2 2,246 07-15-2010 10:54 AM
Last Post: Amortisatie