RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[GOSS 2] Sea Land
Ky Offline
Shadow

Given 1469 thank(s) in 972 post(s)
Sea Land

And so it was that the city of Baronsburg was renamed to Acaria, and in the process became the first settlement to side with the rebellion.

The Emperor's army was too spread out to retake the city, but they vowed to prevent any other civilized area under Fawsum's regime from doing the same.

Public Service Announcement: First world problems are still problems.
01-22-2014 11:03 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Chanku Offline
Fanatic

Given 31 thank(s) in 18 post(s)
Sea Land

(OOC: Heh, Acaria are Isle rebels, they aren't rebelling against Chanku, but more the hiding of most technology, as most of them have a little bit of tech from the labs, and think that the king should release some of the tech.)

Pretty Much my only signature...I'm mainly a lurker....you can find me on the IRC (or on DnE and their IRC).

[Image: USVWSwj.png]
01-22-2014 01:00 PM
Ky Offline
Shadow

Sea Land

(OOC: I have a few plot theories about the Acar. I'll probably PM them to you later.)

01-23-2014 07:16 AM
Chanku Offline
Fanatic

Sea Land

(OOC: Okay)

Pretty Much my only signature...I'm mainly a lurker....you can find me on the IRC (or on DnE and their IRC).

01-23-2014 08:25 AM
Chanku Offline
Fanatic

Sea Land

-in the captured city several people, along with the stranger, form a small group and go out to another, close by city-

01-28-2014 09:34 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

Sea Land

The city of Acaria was not retaken in the name of ole Baronsburg - it appeared the Emperor's forces were far too occupied elsewhere to care about a port city away from the Sealandic heartland.

Naval control in the area became relaxed enough for merchant ships to come and go without fear of the usual tax and customs interference. Aboard one of these unassuming ships was a former Amerigoan native by the humble name of D. D. Onarevyl.

Onarevyl stepped out of the boat and walked to a large chapel in the docks district. Emergency generators, likely salvaged by rebel forces, lit the last beacon of hope for the town's poor - the EMP had wiped out the town's electricity a week before and made the living conditions in the city even worse until the rebel occupation restored order and ensured supplies were given to all who needed them. Onarevyl looked around as armed men handed cans of soup to the elderly and infirm.

He strode into the main religious chambers and asked to see a priest by the name of Martin. (OOC: In other words, the real Emperor.)

01-28-2014 09:42 AM
Chanku Offline
Fanatic

Sea Land

-the stranger hears a small voice from his wrist- "We have information that D. D. Onarevyl is in the city." -still approaching the closest city(which was still rather far away), he said back to his wrist- "Understood, he is no threat, he knows nothing of us."

01-28-2014 09:51 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

Sea Land

A priest leads D. D. Onarevyl to Martin. (OOC: I've taken some of this dialogue from The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion because it was too good a coincidence to pass up.)

Onarevyl: Brother Martin, you are in grave danger!

Martin (scowling): Of course I'm in danger. But I'm needed here. I can't leave. I assume you didn't risk your own life to come here to tell me something I already know. Who are you and what do you want?

Onarevyl: I'm D. D. Onarevyl, Security Chief of the League of Nations, and I need your help.

Martin (mildly confused): If you came to me for help, you're more of a fool than you look. Look around. What good is a priest?

Onarevyl: You may have been raised as a priest, but you are also the heir to the Sealandic throne. You are the true Emperor.

Martin: The Emperor? You think I am the Emperor? No, you must have the wrong man. I am a priest of Falsalm. My father was a farmer.

Onarevyl: The Acar stormed this city first to find you.

Martin (frightened): An entire city captured to get at me? Why? ...Because I'm a descendant of the Imperial bloodline?

Onarevyl (calmly): Would I lie?

Martin (shaking his head): I don't know. It's strange...I think you might actually be telling the truth. What does this mean? What do you want from me?

Onarevyl: Come with me. Quickly.

01-28-2014 10:19 AM
Chanku Offline
Fanatic

Sea Land

-on the speakers- "He's taking Martin" -the stranger replies- "Stop them. Martin, must stay here, he is safe in the city. We need him to get his power to the throne!"

01-28-2014 11:26 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

Sea Land

Onarevyl: If they catch you, they will have control over the throne. I bet they'll try to use you as a bargaining chip for power.

Onarevyl speaks into a radio while on the run while Martin follows him, confused.

01-28-2014 11:43 AM
Chanku Offline
Fanatic

Sea Land

-two agents in tuxedos step in front of Onarevyl and Martin- Stop!

01-28-2014 12:41 PM
Ky Offline
Shadow

Sea Land

Onarevyl: Counter-proposal - don't!

Onarevyl sidesteps and rushes through the tinted window next to the door the agents are blocking, with Martin close behind. He continues speaking into a radio while occasionally stopping to explain to Martin what their destination is and why he's so important.

01-29-2014 08:04 AM
Chanku Offline
Fanatic

Sea Land

-the agents catch up and tackle Onarevyl, and restrain Martin- Listen, we need him to take power. Having him in our custody allows us to gain cities. We are doing this for the good of Sea-land.

01-29-2014 08:26 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

Sea Land

Onarevyl: Like hell you a...wait. Tango? Is that you?

Agent (Tango): Dallas. Good to see another face from the former SHIT.

Onarevyl: The what?

Martin: Why did he call you Dallas?

Agent: SHIT. You know, the Sealandic Head of Intelligence and Technology. Former part of ASS? Agency of Sealandic Spies? Don't tell me you didn't notice that! Anyway, Martin, Dallas is his former callsign, as Tango was mine. And it is because of our shared history that I must introduce Mr. Onarevyl to the famed Lone Wanderer himself. You have much to learn of the Acar.

Onarevyl: I just hope I live long enough to make use of it.

01-29-2014 08:51 AM
Chanku Offline
Fanatic

Sea Land

-the agent smiles a little and gets off of Dallas(OOC: I'm using that name because it's easy to spell and remember.... also serriously SHIT, ASS? Lol)- Follow -he begins to head towards a building-

-meanwhile in the group- Alright there's the city. Everyone ready? -the 6 other people nod as we move closer towards the next city as the stranger gets ready to deploy his next EMP device(of which he has three, so he will have only one more after this)-

01-29-2014 09:38 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

Sea Land

(OOC: Yeah, I actually used those acronyms before when I revealed a part of Ona...Dallas's backstory in the Isle of Three thread. I spelled them out, though, so only the observant would notice.

Dallas is not only his callsign, but also his middle name. Exposition: In Amerigo -formerly Americium before it was invaded by Sea Land - Dallas was not only a common name but also the name of a major city which got renamed after the invasion.

Also, Martin said earlier that he was a priest of Falsalm. In-universe, that is a deity of the Sealandic pantheon invented at the beginning of the Fawsum dynasty to represent, well, the spirits of the Fawsum dynasty. Out-of-universe, that is a current School Survival member who happened to have a name that sounds like Fawsum.)

Dallas: Alright, I'm following. The Lone Wanderer - that's what the locals call the guy who blacked out Baronsb...er, Acaria, right? Isn't he headed to another city to the northwest?

(This post was last modified: 01-29-2014 09:45 AM by Ky.)
01-29-2014 09:45 AM
Chanku Offline
Fanatic

Sea Land

Yes. However he is planning to take a good portion of Sealand, and use it to get Martin to the throne. He is also planning in trying to undo what the emperor did.

01-29-2014 09:52 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

Sea Land

Dallas: So it seems we're on the same side, once again. I had intended to take Martin to the Isle of Three where he would seek asylum until we bring down Fawsum. I hope the Wanderer's plan is better.

Anyway, crazy meeting you here. I become the Security Chief for the League, you join the Acar...

(This post was last modified: 01-29-2014 09:57 AM by Ky.)
01-29-2014 09:57 AM
Chanku Offline
Fanatic

Sea Land

Yeah. When he comes back, I'll have him explain the situation and his plans.

-With the Wanderer-
Everyone behind me. -everyone moves behind him and I activate an EMP device which causes a black-out in the city we are heading to.- Remember, no harming anyone unless they harm you. -we begin to move into the city-

01-29-2014 10:01 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

Sea Land

Dallas and Martin follow the Agent once named Tango into the building.

01-29-2014 10:05 AM
Chanku Offline
Fanatic

Sea Land

-upon entering I motion for the two to take a seat, as the door shuts behind them.- Please wait, is there anything we could get you, Dallas. What about you, my liege? (OOC: People in Acaria tend to refer to him as My Leige unless talking about plans or it won't fit.)

01-29-2014 10:08 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

Sea Land

Martin: Who, me? Nothing, thanks. This is all so new to me.

Dallas: A vodka martini. Stirred, not shaken. Too many order it James Bond style, but it tastes awfully flat that way.

01-29-2014 10:10 AM
Chanku Offline
Fanatic

Sea Land

Understood -the agent disappears for a few moments and returns with a Vodka Martini, and a little umbrella.-

01-29-2014 10:13 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

Sea Land

Dallas coolly accepts the martini and sips it furtively. Martin looks around him, bewildered and perplexed.

Martin: So am I really...?

Dallas: Yes, you're the real Emperor, as far as my intelligence can tell. Ducas was a sham from the day he first inherited the position.

Martin: That would make me a Fawsum, then? A very part of Falsalm that I attend to?

Dallas: Don't pray to false gods; you're no Fawsum because the entire dynasty was a lie! You're a Seastrider.

Martin Seastrider: ...The original bloodline? The dynasty whose empire formerly united the entire north of the world?

Dallas: Much the same as the puppet Emperor has done now, plus all of former Americium. I was born and raised in the westernmost island, which was not an official territory at the time, and moved to Sea Land to seek a government position...I got it around the time my homeland was invaded. By then there was nothing I could do.

01-29-2014 10:29 AM
Chanku Offline
Fanatic

Sea Land

-is listening waiting for the wanderer to return-

-meanwhile the city has been mostly converted, and only three people have died as they tried shooting some of the members, which caused a retaliation by a few of them as the wanderer begins persuading others.

01-29-2014 10:32 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

Sea Land

Martin: I'm sorry to hear that.

Martin glances at the agent and wonders aloud when the Lone Wanderer will return.

Dallas: He won't be for awhile. My guess is that he's invading Stridesdale.

Martin: The former capital? That means the next city in his path will be the current capital, Falsalmia, doesn't it?

Dallas: Indeed. I think he's clearing a path for you.

01-29-2014 10:37 AM
Chanku Offline
Fanatic

Sea Land

-the city is now converted with people liking what Acaria has done with the city they have, and a new city is captured, he appoints himself leader of the United Acarian Cities and makes Acaria the capital until he gains the capital of sealand, he also selects a person to act as a mayor. He then begins the trek back with the rest of his team.-

01-29-2014 10:42 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

Sea Land

And so it was that the UAC, a new nation conceived with strong yet dubious values of freedom and influence, was formed across part of the very heart of the Axis. Two large cities (Acaria and Stridesdale) and numerous small villages form this newcomer to the international game.

Meanwhile, Dallas has shared with Martin the family history of the Fawsum dynasty, revealing that the first 'great king' was nothing more than a pretender. The real heir to the throne, a Seastrider, languished in chains until he was released years after Fawsum I took power, and he found a wife in near secrecy. Martin is his distant descendant.

Dallas: You know what?

Martin: What?

Dallas: I thought the Lone Wanderer was just that. Lone. How can there be multiple Acar here if he was the only one dropped off?

Martin: Maybe people joined the Acar because they liked the ideological revolution. Or maybe more Acar got here the same way *squints* you did.

Dallas: Ah...perhaps we should wait for an explanation, then.

01-29-2014 10:51 AM
Chanku Offline
Fanatic

Sea Land

-the lone wanderer returns and walks into the building- Nice job, Tango. -unlocks an office and I motion for you to walk in-

01-29-2014 11:00 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

Sea Land

Dallas *pats agent on the shoulder*: Still going by Tango? I might as well follow suit. Call me Dallas.

Martin: Right. Let's just go in, now.

Dallas and Martin follow the Lone Wanderer into the office. (OOC: I wonder what his real name is, and if it's cooler than his current title that I totally stole from Fallout 3 but fits him perfectly.)

01-29-2014 11:02 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  [GOSS Spin Off] The Coup of SS Subb 8 9,109 06-27-2017 06:32 AM
Last Post: Chanku
  Things GoSS Players Should Not Be Allowed To Do Ky 3 2,652 04-14-2017 04:11 AM
Last Post: James Comey
  [GOSS 4] Republic of Hansgrohia James Comey 2 2,287 04-12-2017 06:05 AM
Last Post: The man
  [GOSS 4] League of Nations James Comey 0 1,418 04-10-2017 08:18 AM
Last Post: James Comey
  [GOSS 3] Sonar Hills craxyguy562 6 3,847 03-21-2016 02:22 AM
Last Post: craxyguy562
  [GOSS 3] League of Nations Ky 94 28,425 10-30-2015 12:02 PM
Last Post: schoolsux
  [GOSS 3] Mendora brainiac3397 9 4,027 08-18-2015 09:20 AM
Last Post: brainiac3397
  [GOSS 3] Free Isles Ky 17 6,314 08-18-2015 02:21 AM