RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[GOSS 2] Sea Land
Ky Offline
Shadow

Given 1469 thank(s) in 972 post(s)
[GOSS 2] Sea Land

The Empire of Sea Land

This is the official page of Sea Land. The Emperor is indisputably the rightful ruler, and let no one tell you different. His army will march across the face of the Earth and destroy all who oppose him!

Nation name: Sea Land / Sealand / Sea Lands, Empire of

Leader: High King of Enlightenment, Grand Poobah of Awesomeness, Great Archduke of Knowledge, Holy Emperor Ducas Oliver Fawsum the First

Population: Approx. 100 million; 60 million on main island and 40 million in conquered territory. Nearly 30 million serve in the armed forces.

Flag:
Hidden stuff:
[Image: God-monty-python-and-the-holy-grail-591560_800_441.jpg]

Map:
Hidden stuff:
[Image: 1InF8HB.png]
We are the red.

National anthem:
Hidden stuff:

Watch on YouTube
(We swear, we didn't steal this patriotic-sounding march from a videogame!)

Links:
The Map
League of Nations

Nations:
Capitalistian (Enemy)
The Isle of Three (Enemy)
Fantasia (Enemy)
Orkania (Target)
Blimpataria (Target)

Description:

We are an empire dedicated to saying we promote communism and doing the exact opposite - we call this ideology fascosociocommunocapitalismiconservalibtasticeraltarianism.

We have nobly and rightfully tricked our populace into believing they are equal; in actuality, there are three distinct but rarely-talked about classes. The upper class is the ruling class, comprised of government workers. The middle class is the largest class; it contains the members of the armed forces as well as their families. The lower class is full of all the lazy bums who won't fight for our wonderful country due to the low health standards we impose on them.

The government controls the prices to the economy, but the people think it is a free market. I wonder how we should break it to them that they pay virtually nothing for healthcare, but we charge them the equivalent of $350 for lemonade...

Well, time to oppress the populace in a warm and loving manner. This has been a public service announcement from the Overlord of Sea Land.

Oh, and there is no rebellion. Do not be fooled.

Public Service Announcement: First world problems are still problems.
(This post was last modified: 03-22-2015 03:11 PM by Ky.)
11-08-2013 09:36 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Chanku Offline
Fanatic

Given 31 thank(s) in 18 post(s)
Sea Land

Greetings Sea Land, I am the Ambassador from The Isle of Three, and I would like to form an alliance with you (Nice Monty Python refrence btw)

Pretty Much my only signature...I'm mainly a lurker....you can find me on the IRC (or on DnE and their IRC).

[Image: USVWSwj.png]
11-08-2013 09:40 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

Sea Land

The True High King of Enlightenment, Wonderful Grand Poobah of Awesomeness, Great and Powerful Archduke of Knowledge, High Holy Emperor of Ultimate Divine Swagination himself, Ducas Oliver Fawsum the First humbly accepts your offer.

11-08-2013 09:42 AM
Chanku Offline
Fanatic

Sea Land

We look forward to having a prosperous alliance with you.

Pretty Much my only signature...I'm mainly a lurker....you can find me on the IRC (or on DnE and their IRC).

11-08-2013 09:44 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

Sea Land

And we with you. Together we will spread the glory of fascosociocommunocapitalismiconservalibtasticeraltarianism.

11-08-2013 09:45 AM
Subb Offline
Music Nerd

Given 317 thank(s) in 184 post(s)
RE: Sea Land

Absolutely amazing. It would be an honor to be in an alliance with you.-Mr. Jim

What? No! These guys seem to have a huge, oppressive government. Nothing we want to associate with! -Mr. McCartney

We seem to be having a lot of conflict about this. Let's add a Department of Foreign Relations. -Mr. Jim

I agree. -Mr. McCartney.

Sub's Mental Log!
We've had a lot of fun, guys.
Fulltime Member, 2013-2014

RIP GWEDIN
RIP URITIYOGI
RIP NIGHT
RIP HANSGROHE
RIP VON
RIP WES
RIP USERNAME
11-08-2013 09:48 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

Sea Land

I accept your schizophrenic terms of alliance, Misters Jim and McCartney. I'll be sure to mail you some of the severed heads of the nation's traitors as a token of friendship and "free" trade.

11-08-2013 09:50 AM
Subb Offline
Music Nerd

Cool! - Mr.Jim

Shit.- Mr. McCartney

Hey, I won fair and square. And you know how I feel about swearing. -Mr. Jim

Sub's Mental Log!

RIP GWEDIN
RIP URITIYOGI
RIP NIGHT
RIP HANSGROHE
RIP VON
RIP WES
RIP USERNAME
11-08-2013 09:54 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

Sea Land

Our assimilation of the Amerigo Islands is complete; more than 10 million people have applied for citizenship. Keep in mind that this was not because we in any way coerced them, or threatened their families, or told them that the alternative was the forceful removal of their privates - they became citizens because, uh...because our national anthem is so patriotic! Yeah!

Say it with me: SEA LAND IS BEST LAND

11-10-2013 12:30 PM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Given 1983 thank(s) in 1428 post(s)

Orkania would like to let it be known that we have agreed to an alliance with your nation.

Personality DNA Report
(06-14-2013 08:02 AM)Potato Wrote:  watch the fuq out, we've got an "intellectual" over here.

Hidden stuff:
[Image: watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme-240x180.png]
Brainiac3397's Mental Health Status Log Wrote:[Image: l0Iy5HKskJO5XD3Wg.gif]
11-10-2013 04:52 PM
Ky Offline
Shadow

Sea Land

It is done! The forces of Sea Land's army have conquered Revivistan! We have marched on their soil, killed their leader (who had a strange obsession with the number 5), and taken their land for our own.

All hail the Emperor!

12-13-2013 11:47 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

Sea Land

The Emperor has taken control of a once-secret organization known as FASH. His armies are not satisfied with Revivistan and will continue to march until the Dominion of Sea Land is the indisputable dominant empire in the world.

12-14-2013 07:46 AM
Subb Offline
Music Nerd

A bunch of teddy bears rain from the sky, all of which say. "Wheowe is yow ledower. Pwease tell me. I can't BEAR to loose him."

(OOC: THEY'RE BACK!)

Sub's Mental Log!

RIP GWEDIN
RIP URITIYOGI
RIP NIGHT
RIP HANSGROHE
RIP VON
RIP WES
RIP USERNAME
12-14-2013 08:23 AM
Chanku Offline
Fanatic

Sea Land

(OOC: Lol, although they still creep me out.)

12-14-2013 08:25 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

Sea Land

Quote:(Semi-OOC: Unfortunately, a laughably small amount, perhaps 30% of citizens are able to understand the message, even fewer capable of comprehending the pun. Very few are willing to rat him out, and none of them even know where he is.

In other news, the economic status of Sea Land reached historical highs as the teddy bears were seized by the mafia and sold in various fashions across the nation.)

The Emperor of Sea Land has released the message in secret for his lackeys to share publicly.

He insists that there is no rebellion, that his regime has full control of the country and occupied territories, and that his army is stronger than ever. While the last two have truth to them, there are those who would dispute the first...

Messages of Axis victory spread through the Sealandic heartland like wildfire. Citizens, despite the oppression their partially-shadowed government has put them through, are generally ecstatic.

Some, however, are not so impressed.

A small militia is growing in strength. This movement of rebels is slowly and secretly recruiting more and more to their cause, hoping to claim the country for the people and end the war.

01-22-2014 07:52 AM
Chanku Offline
Fanatic

Sea Land

-An Isle helicopter flies into Axis territory and lands a few hundred miles from any city. A mysterious figure steps out, with a black trench coat around him and a black fedora on his head, he lights a cigarette and looks toward a city, he is rather tall and has a bit of a beard. The trench coat is unbuttoned in the front, and he is, for some reason wearing a suit. He turns back to the helicopter and waves it off, the helicopter then flies off. Looking back at the city once more he smiles and begins to walk towards the city-

(OOC: A mysterious character appears!!! I have plans for this guy.)

01-22-2014 08:25 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

Sea Land

Meanwhile, in an undisclosed location...

General Lareneg: Sir. An enemy helicopter has entered our airspace. Shall I send the order to shoot it down?

Fawsum: No. We must send as few communications as possible so that our location is not discovered by our enemies.

Lareneg: Sir, they appear to have dropped someone off, and are now retreating. If there's a time to shoot it down, it's now.

Fawsum: I SAID NO, YOU INCOMPETENT FOOL! First you fail to assassinate Seto Kaiba just because *makes a fake-whiney voice* he "distracted you", *growls gruffly* and now you want to kill off a potential lead? Let's just see what this lone wanderer does...and make sure the Isle's priority strictly remains defense for as long as possible.

Lareneg: Monitoring his position now, sir.

Fawsum: Good.

01-22-2014 08:33 AM
Chanku Offline
Fanatic

Sea Land

-he walks towards the city, and upon reaching it, he smiles and yells.- "FAWSUM! I KNOW YOU ARE WATCHING ME."

01-22-2014 08:37 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

Sea Land

From far away, Fawsum smiles at the justified paranoia - or perhaps excellent perception - of the mysterious lone wanderer. He continues observing via the various forms of espionage at his disposal, which grow ever numerous the closer the object of his surveillance gets to the center of the city.

01-22-2014 08:42 AM
Chanku Offline
Fanatic

Sea Land

-he smiles as he yells out again- I know you watch me, and I have a little surprise for you! -I pull out a file, and I pull a small button out of my jacket, as I hit it, I create a small 5 mile bubble around where I stand, where Fawsum can't monitor via electronics.-

01-22-2014 08:44 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

Sea Land

Fawsum (to himself): Well, this guy's definitely from the Isle; no other nations have such accurate EMPs. I wonder what he intends to do in a city that's completely blacked out...and if he knows I can still at least approximate his location via spy satellite.

01-22-2014 08:48 AM
Chanku Offline
Fanatic

Sea Land

-chuckles and smiles as he -sets out a robot which makes any satilites think it is him, as he activates a tech which makes it seem like he isn't there to any technology.-

01-22-2014 08:49 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

Sea Land

Fawsum's observation continues. Due to the satellite's ability to trace electric signatures (including that of the cloak, which is actually a dead giveaway in a city with no form of working electricity), he can determine the rough locations of both the lone wanderer and his decoy...but can't immediately tell which is which.

01-22-2014 08:56 AM
Chanku Offline
Fanatic

Sea Land

-I get into the heart of the city and I release another blast, which seems to release a lot of electrical noise, as the robot does the same I then hear a voice over a com device- "They seem to be able to track you, I suggest you deactivate your electronics." -he replies- Understood. -I deactivate all electronics and leave, and I set a small present for Fawsum.-

01-22-2014 09:00 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

Sea Land

Fawsum (after cursing wildly): General, decrypt that last part.

General Lareneg skims over the recording of electrical noise until the radio frequency is found. The message is then descrambled.

"They seem to be able to track you. I suggest you deactivate your electronics." "Understood."

Fawsum: This wanderer isn't working alone.

Lareneg: We already know that, sir. Someone dropped him off.

Fawsum: I'd bet that someone was also the first voice in that transmission. Do either of their voices match any of the sample media audio we've cross-referenced.

Lareneg: ...Negative.

Fawsum: I assumed as much. Still, we know what our target looks like and sounds like...and I think we may have determined the location of his cohort in the chopper. Unfortunately they are out of our reach.

01-22-2014 09:06 AM
Chanku Offline
Fanatic

Sea Land

-he smiles as I begin to talk to some of the people that happen to be out, giving them a bit more education and pursuading them against Fawsum.-

-Meanwhile in an undisclosed location-
?: Sir, they have decrypted our message
??: Perfect.
-Another transmission come in on the com device, but it's not heard by the mysterious person.-
"Fawsum, have fun. We know you are listening in on this. We have you pinned down. Good luck, Fawsum, or should I say the Dumbass who thinks we make mistakes like that."

01-22-2014 09:13 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

Sea Land

Fawsum: Pack up, General. We're leaving again.

Lareneg: Where to, boss?

Fawsum: Somewhere they really wouldn't expect a dictator-in-hiding. Now send a radio signal, and make it seem as though I accidentally sent an unencrypted, trackable transmission from here.

Lareneg: Already done, sir. Do you want to drive the boat or should I?

01-22-2014 09:19 AM
Chanku Offline
Fanatic

Sea Land

-in the hidden location-
?: Seems like they take us for idiots.
??: Obviously. -types in something and one final transmission is heard, as it too is unencrypted-
??: Alright, send them to the location.
?: Yes sir. Shit! Sir we are sending a transmission.
??: Is it encrypted?
?: Enough to hide out location.
??: Shit, turn it off!
-typing is heard and the transmission ends-
?: Good.

01-22-2014 09:27 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

Sea Land

But it was not the mysterious strangers Fawsum took for idiots, for the militaries of the three allies were watchful.

Fantasia stormed the small island Fawsum was hiding on first, but by the time they realized he wasn't there it was too late. 20 Fantasian spec ops were killed in the explosion, and the Emperor was long gone. Many more investigated the area and found nothing, and mourned the deaths of the brave soldiers who hoped to apprehend the villain.

01-22-2014 09:31 AM
Chanku Offline
Fanatic

Sea Land

-the guy is still talking to people, and eventually has most of the city turned over, he then takes the city and sets up a mini-power station and issues a statement- ATTENTION! Citizens of this fine city, I have taken this city in the name of Acar. If you are pro-Fawsum, I suggest you leave. This is now territory of the Acar.
(OOC: I made this up recently, I found it interesting to have a new group to appear. There is a lot to the Acar)

01-22-2014 09:35 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  [GOSS Spin Off] The Coup of SS Subb 8 9,040 06-27-2017 06:32 AM
Last Post: Chanku
  Things GoSS Players Should Not Be Allowed To Do Ky 3 2,636 04-14-2017 04:11 AM
Last Post: James Comey
  [GOSS 4] Republic of Hansgrohia James Comey 2 2,259 04-12-2017 06:05 AM
Last Post: The man
  [GOSS 4] League of Nations James Comey 0 1,405 04-10-2017 08:18 AM
Last Post: James Comey
  [GOSS 3] Sonar Hills craxyguy562 6 3,808 03-21-2016 02:22 AM
Last Post: craxyguy562
  [GOSS 3] League of Nations Ky 94 27,982 10-30-2015 12:02 PM
Last Post: schoolsux
  [GOSS 3] Mendora brainiac3397 9 3,987 08-18-2015 09:20 AM
Last Post: brainiac3397
  [GOSS 3] Free Isles Ky 17 6,214 08-18-2015 02:21 AM