RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Isle of Three
Ky Offline
Shadow

Given 1469 thank(s) in 972 post(s)
The Isle of Three

The King hesitantly puts his signature on the order when he notices the room is unusually quiet. He looks up and sees that his guards are knocked out. Suddenly, a voice behind him says, "Nice night for a coup d'état."

He feels a blunt pain on the back of his head before he loses consciousness.

The Acar now hold the Isle capital and are quickly spreading their influence over the entire country. As a boast of their strength, they published the order the King had given and permitted the Isle military to attack them...for all the good it would do, now that they control the capital and the King is in their custody.

---

"Hurry up!"

"I'm trying, Coulson!"

"C'mon, Salvador, I've never seen the machine do this before. Hurry up and make the adjustments!"

"Dammit, Richards, I'm doing all I can. Why don't you two help me rather than trying to call Smitty?!?"

"It's turning on!"

"He's awake!"

Public Service Announcement: First world problems are still problems.
06-22-2014 02:02 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Chanku Offline
Fanatic

Given 31 thank(s) in 18 post(s)
The Isle of Three

-wakes up- Huh?

Pretty Much my only signature...I'm mainly a lurker....you can find me on the IRC (or on DnE and their IRC).

[Image: USVWSwj.png]
06-22-2014 07:11 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

The Isle of Three

The King finds himself in a locked cell. He can tell by what layout he can see that he is located in the Trinity State Prison, just outside of the capital; somehow the Acar managed to take control of one of the most fortified and well-defended facilities in the country and keep him prisoner there.

King Chandler notices that he's alone (except for a lone guard sleeping in a chair on the far end of the hallway outside the cell), though he could have sworn he heard voices as he was waking up.

He searches himself for possessions, but all he has is a communicator in his ear - it's transparent, so whoever took him prisoner probably didn't see it - and he's wearing an orange prison jumpsuit. He listens more closely to the communication someone is sending him.

---

Doctor Salvador: Something's not right.

Doctor Richards: I'll say! He looks horrible!

Salvador: *frantic typing* It seems Onarevyl has some sort of advanced toxin in his system. I've never seen anything like this! If we can't stabilize him in the next few minutes, we won't be able to revive him again!

Doctor Coulson: We'll need to perform a blood transfusion in order to erase it from his system. We don't have access to any antidotes, not that I'm sure any would work.

Salvador: That's the problem - his blood type is O negative!

Richards: Why does that matter?

Salvador: O- is the universal donor, right? That comes with a downside; people with that blood type can't receive any blood other than O-! We don't have any public blood banks on hand that carry it, because blood of that type is in high demand in Isle hospitals, and we can't get to a hospital because the Acar are going to find us any minute!

Coulson: I tried calling our King, but I didn't get a reply. What are we going to do?

Richards: It's a shame he can't get here, or grant us clearance to the emergency supplies he allocated to the Sync Project. Isn't his blood type O- as well?

(This post was last modified: 06-22-2014 09:48 AM by Ky.)
06-22-2014 09:47 AM
Chanku Offline
Fanatic

The Isle of Three

-mutters something and I reply to them albeit in a hushed tone- What are you fools talking about? The Acar now control the Isle, as they have taken the capital and me as prisoner. At this moment I grant the project the ability to keep outsiders out, and to protect itself with any means necessary, short from destroying itself or the Isle.

Pretty Much my only signature...I'm mainly a lurker....you can find me on the IRC (or on DnE and their IRC).

06-22-2014 10:32 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

The Isle of Three

Salvador: I hear him! We've reached the King!

Richards: Great!

Salvador: Sir, we haven't much time. We tried to revive Onarevyl but it appears he is dying due to some sort of advanced toxin, and we don't have a cure for it. (OOC: I guess this plot point wasn't as moot as people might have expected.) He needs blood, but we don't have any available!

Coulson: Well, we might. Richards said that there is some high-clearance security equipment in this safe right here, but it says it's for King Chandler's eyes only. If I were a science-oriented monarch, I'd keep a sample of my blood in there, you know, for personal reasons.

Salvador: That's creepy, Coulson. My liege, do you know where we can find type O- blood in this facility, and if so, can you get us the access codes to that area? I bet the Acar are going to storm the doors at any moment!

06-23-2014 01:18 AM
Chanku Offline
Fanatic

The Isle of Three

It's in the emergency supplies. I grant Richards clearance for 3 hours.

06-23-2014 07:48 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

The Isle of Three

King Chandler gives Richards the password. Sure enough, there is a sample of the King's blood in there, and there's just enough to perform a transfusion. He, Coulson, and Salvador begin saving the once-dead man's life...

---

Pain.

That's all he can remember - pain. He hears the words of the Master in his head:

"I am forever." "So, be a good boy and die, or live forever as a monster?" "May my scar never heal."

But the scar that hurts him the most is the voice of his former master, Emperor Fawsum - what's most haunting is that these are words he's never heard before:

"You led me to my death, and I will lead you and everyone you love to yours. I cannot die like mortals and demons do; I will chase you through all of time to get my revenge. A god I may not be, but you are still an ant beneath my boot."

And suddenly the pain drifts away as his memory returns.

---

Coulson: Uhh...what's he doing?

The transfusion was a success, as evidenced by the perfectly healthy man having smashed the reinforced safety glass of his chamber. Dallas has returned to the land of the living, but strangely his hands appear to be glowing with some form of chaotic energy. He struggles to speak before retaining his mastery of the Basic language.

Dallas: W-what have you done to me?

The doctors are unable to stammer a reply as he reaches for a spare communicator and places it in his ear. Somehow he manages to keep it from breaking.

Dallas: Your Majesty, do you read me? Where are you?

06-29-2014 03:36 PM
Chanku Offline
Fanatic

The Isle of Three

Yes I can hear you. As for where I am, I am in a Prision. A lot has happened since you died. Fawsum is dead, the capital has fallen to people calling themselves the Acar. We have no idea their relations.

06-29-2014 04:24 PM
Ky Offline
Shadow

The Isle of Three

Dallas grabs a spare set of patient robes and wraps them around his lower half as he listens to what the King has to say.

Salvador: They're almost here!

Dallas: Who?

Salvador: The Acar! (Richards chimes in, "Ethnic, not political.")

Dallas: I'll find you, your Majesty. Don't tell me they trapped you in Trinity State? I remember reading your plans for that place, and it would be nigh-impossible for me to break in...

He notices that his hands are still glowing with energy flowing in an unpredictable pattern.

Dallas: On second thought, it might be easier than I think. Stay with me.

The doors break open as Acarian rebels flood the room.

---

The sleepy guard at the end of the hallway seems to be waking up, having noticed King Chandler's chatter. In any case, he tosses and turns in his sleep.

06-30-2014 10:23 AM
Chanku Offline
Fanatic

The Isle of Three

Dallas you are now the king as long as I'm locked up, I gotta go.

06-30-2014 02:10 PM
Ky Offline
Shadow

The Isle of Three

Dallas grins menacingly as the Acar storm the room. The doctors huddle in the corner, but Dallas raises his fists against the aggressors.

Dallas: King coming through!

He blasts one rebel with some form of red-hued blast from the palm of his hand, then somehow slows time down and systematically takes down each remaining opponent. He delivers an uppercut to the toughest-looking guy the very moment time returns to normal speed.

Dallas: *nonchalantly* The gods must love me.

(OOC: They do! Of course, the downside is that his magic powers are terribly unpredictable and won't always serve him as well as they did there...plus, I'm actually not certain which god in our story gifted him with those powers. I have a number of guesses, myself, considering I wrote that in, but it's anyone's guess what the truth of the situation is.)

---

The guard is certainly awake. He begins to make his rounds down the hallway.

(This post was last modified: 07-12-2014 05:04 AM by Ky.)
06-30-2014 02:18 PM
Chanku Offline
Fanatic

The Isle of Three

-sits in the corner-

06-30-2014 04:39 PM
Ky Offline
Shadow

The Isle of Three

The guard passes by King Chandler's cell without incident. The King observantly notices that the keys are attached to the guard's belt loop, but even if he could get to the cell door, they would still be well out of reach. He'd either need to find a way to free himself, or just stick around and wait for Dallas.

07-12-2014 05:06 AM
Chanku Offline
Fanatic

The Isle of Three

-sighs and kicks back- Guard, I have a question for you. Why do you do this? Have I done anything wrong to warrant these attacks?

07-12-2014 08:36 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

The Isle of Three

The guard scoffs.

Guard: *sarcastically* The King speaks to me. What an honor, for his Majesty to be seen in the company of a commoner. Feh. Listen, I just follow the orders, and the Acar are on their way to the top. Any fool can see that - might as well hop on the bandwagon and reap the rewards.

He chuckles and continues making his rounds.

07-12-2014 01:53 PM
Chanku Offline
Fanatic

The Isle of Three

And what will occur when they fall? The other nations they will step in, and they will fall. Also I'm not a king anymore.

07-12-2014 02:05 PM
Ky Offline
Shadow

The Isle of Three

Guard: You bet your ass you aren't. Not while you're our prisoner. Me, I don't give a crap about what the other nations do, as long as I get my pay. But if what you're saying is true, *chuckles again* I'm glad I'm not them.

07-12-2014 02:24 PM
Chanku Offline
Fanatic

The Isle of Three

Technically I was still a king, until a little before you woke up -mutter something before continuing- Now there's someone else.

07-12-2014 02:26 PM
Ky Offline
Shadow

The Isle of Three

Guard: *laughing* Wh-

Without warning, the guard's head promptly explodes. A few seconds later, Dallas enters.

Dallas: Woah, I have no idea how I did that. I'm just glad it didn't happen to you! Anyway, I made pretty good time; glad the teleportation nexus is still online. Anyway, stand back.

He points his hand at the cell door. Lightweight objects in the room are suspended in the air for a little while, then fall to the ground.

Dallas: Dammit.

He tries again. Somehow he ends up on the other side, right next to Chandler.

Dallas: What the...? How is that even...? Let me try again...

A beam of light exits his hand and the door blows open.

Dallas: There we go. Let's get out of here!

07-12-2014 02:33 PM
Chanku Offline
Fanatic

The Isle of Three

-chuckles a little as I walk out and smiles- nice to see the barrier shift has helped you.

07-12-2014 02:39 PM
Ky Offline
Shadow

The Isle of Three

Dallas: The what?

Dallas leads Chandler through the hallways. He notices the variety of Acarian guard corpses; some are in humorous positions, some appear to be untouched, and others are extremely grotesque and gory.

07-12-2014 02:48 PM
Chanku Offline
Fanatic

The Isle of Three

The shift. Remember the demon? Well You see the World War caused the Veil to shift. The Veil separates the worlds, well it did. The Veil was shifted and the world of Gods and Humans are closer.

07-12-2014 03:08 PM
Ky Offline
Shadow

The Isle of Three

Dallas: I wouldn't say it's helped me. This is chaos magic; I might be able to control my use of it, but what happens as a result is random. These damn powers almost got me killed on my way here, and I have no idea where they came from. Come on - telepad's this way.

He opens a maximum clearance door; luckily, the Acarian guards seem not to have found their way into the prison's secret R&D wing.

07-12-2014 03:16 PM
Chanku Offline
Fanatic

The Isle of Three

-chuckles and I follow-

07-13-2014 12:18 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

The Isle of Three

Dallas closes the door and leads Chandler to the teleportation gate.

Dallas: I'm getting a rundown of current events from our new Security Chief. He says we'll be safe at the League. Turn your communicator back on. Connor, you still with me?

Connor: That I am...your Highness, I guess? The Citadel's Security Wing is fully outfitted with custom Isle tech and, I dare say, looks better than the old one. But we'll talk about our game plan later.

Dallas: Did you succeed in contacting Lucky and Tango?

Connor: Negative. Lucky's investigating something in Skyvana and we haven't heard from Tango in three days - he was last heard from in Capitalistian, where he was posing as a bodyguard for disappearing politicians.

Dallas: I see...alright, chief, I'll be with you soon.

(OOC: This will continue in the League thread...considering the Isle of Three is no longer the only affected nation...)

(This post was last modified: 07-22-2014 10:50 AM by Ky.)
07-19-2014 12:03 PM