RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Freed Majestic of Demiosa
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Given 1983 thank(s) in 1428 post(s)

The doors to the Reichstag slammed open and variously colored troops began to march in. The Green-White robed priests and priestess of House Julain. The black and red armored commanders of House Kahrn. The golden togas of the philosophers and thinkers of House Arota.

And once they had all seated, a loud fanfare was blown, followed by the thumping of the boots of the Saktarii(Royal Guards). Their menacing stare, massive stature and heavy armaments would destroy any slimmer of threat against the Royal Family. The King, patriarch of House Deimos, stepped in the Reichstag flanked by advisors,aides and guards. His pure white robe shined brightly, with lighting glinting off the thin platinum threads part of the robe. His boots were pitch black and his gloves were like pure gold. His cloak was a bright red and his crown was capped with a violet fabric, embroidered with gold and silver, and embedded with various gems.

He walked to the center throne which stood in front of everyone and above everyone. As soon as he sat, the remaining Houses took their respective seats. The doors to the Reichstag slammed shut with all guards being stationed outside. Only the Saktarii remained inside.

Personality DNA Report
(06-14-2013 08:02 AM)Potato Wrote:  watch the fuq out, we've got an "intellectual" over here.

Hidden stuff:
[Image: watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme-240x180.png]
Brainiac3397's Mental Health Status Log Wrote:[Image: l0Iy5HKskJO5XD3Wg.gif]
04-16-2014 07:57 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ky Offline
Shadow

Given 1469 thank(s) in 972 post(s)

By this time, each Houses' nobles had arrived, including Syllex Redoran's steward, Harold Provol. As the two new Houses did not have much renown, there were not enough seats for their respective sides for additional nobles to attend; Syllex's brother, Gielo, was one such absent figure.

"Six" Redoran sits quietly in his seat, waiting for the King to begin the ceremony.

Public Service Announcement: First world problems are still problems.
04-16-2014 08:02 AM
craxyguy562 Offline
Pariah

Given 133 thank(s) in 97 post(s)

Maris: *To Six quietly* The main language is Japanese and the secondary ones are English and Greek. *turns around and politely waits*

(OOC: Feudalism comes from Japan. English is a major language. Many supernatural creatures come from Greek mythology)

[Image: gUJMoO7.png]

Hidden stuff:
Homework brings the hell of school home.

Gwedin Wrote:  Dat feel when you get home, realise it's Friday, and itch your buttcrack.
04-16-2014 09:11 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

"Six" A. Redoran nods. It seems the nobles are taking the opportunity to chat among themselves, as the King has not yet spoken.

04-16-2014 10:00 AM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

RE: The Freed Majestic of Demiosa

OOC:Historical clarification. Feudalism did develop in Japan but also existed in Europe about the same time. It was a system that independently developed in areas of the world. Thus it would be incorrect to say Japan invented feudalism as it was a system developed pretty much on anoher part of the globe independent of one another. Not to mention the term feudalism was coined somewhat later than it originated, and there is no single universal definition.

Personality DNA Report
(06-14-2013 08:02 AM)Potato Wrote:  watch the fuq out, we've got an "intellectual" over here.

Hidden stuff:
04-16-2014 10:53 AM
craxyguy562 Offline
Pariah

(OOC: k)
Maris: Did you bring any treats for the king?

Hidden stuff:

Gwedin Wrote:  Dat feel when you get home, realise it's Friday, and itch your buttcrack.
04-16-2014 12:27 PM
Ky Offline
Shadow

Redoran chuckles quietly; both at the inexperience of the boy and also at the fact that, in a manner of speaking, he did indeed give the King a treat (the monetary kind, a donation, a legal bribe).

04-17-2014 06:24 AM
craxyguy562 Offline
Pariah

Maris: Do you want to see what I brought?

Hidden stuff:

04-17-2014 01:44 PM
craxyguy562 Offline
Pariah

(OOC: ...)

Hidden stuff:

04-22-2014 03:29 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

Redoran smiles dismissively and tries to focus on the ceremony, which, as custom dictates, takes a very, very long time to unfold.

04-27-2014 11:26 AM
craxyguy562 Offline
Pariah

(OOC: Not to rush but I hope this meeting starts soon...)

Hidden stuff:

04-28-2014 02:23 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

Redoran: *to the boy, quietly* Alright, I'll humor you. What did you bring?

06-11-2014 07:22 AM
craxyguy562 Offline
Pariah

Maris: *to Redoran, quietly* a magic potion.

Hidden stuff:

06-13-2014 04:22 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

(OOC: Well, that just got interesting. I can't wait to invent the look on Redoran's face.)

06-13-2014 06:37 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

Redoran's sly smile transmogrifies into an incredulous and horrified expression.

Redoran: *stammering, quietly* M-m-magic potion? Where did you get that? What does it do?

06-21-2014 11:22 AM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

There was an abrupt fanfare, a burst of sound followed by three short bursts from the trumpets.

"The King has arrive and the 2nd Session of His Majesty's and Great Demiosiana's Reichstag has begun! As per tradition, all rise for the anthem of this great kingdom!" The announcer spoke from his spot, right underneath the king's high pedestal.

The anthem played while all the representatives took a stand, though it was evident none of them appreciated it. The anthem was in fact the song of the House of Deimos. In fact, the King was the only one to remain seated throughout.

When the music stopped, everyone took their seats. The announcer began to speak once again.

"Now. The speaker of the House, who is also the Patriarch of their respective House, shall make their statements. We shall begin with the House Guatnymm, followed by House Redoran, Kahrn, Julain and Arota"

When the announcer stopped speaking, he turned back and opened a panel on the pedestal. From within he retrieved a gold staff, lavishly decorated, and topped with a massive diamond. Two servants rushed over and placed it carefully onto a cushion. The announcer was followed by the servants carrying the cushion as they walked towards the king. Once in range, the announcer presented the staff to the King.

The king took the staff and struck the ground once. It was a signal that meant the house speaker could begin to speak. All eyes turned to House Guatnymm.

Personality DNA Report

Hidden stuff:
06-22-2014 10:40 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

(OOC: And now we see a preschooler make an address before the most important figures of a feudal nation. This should be fun.)

06-23-2014 01:20 AM
craxyguy562 Offline
Pariah

RE: The Freed Majestic of Demiosa

Maris: Hi, I am Maris, the one and only representative of Guatnymm, and I have a gift for his majesty.

Hidden stuff:

06-23-2014 11:33 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

Redoran watches tentatively as Maris presents the gift before King Marcellus Deimos.

06-29-2014 03:38 PM
craxyguy562 Offline
Pariah

Maris: I give you a magic potion that makes you temporarily heatproof.

Hidden stuff:

(This post was last modified: 07-01-2014 09:13 AM by craxyguy562.)
07-01-2014 09:12 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

Syllex Redoran quietly whispers into his wireless communicator.

His brother, Gielo, works diligently at a monitoring station in the city of Blacklight, the urban stronghold of Redoran territory.

Syllex: *whispering* Did you get that?
Gielo: *via communicator* That I did, brother. A magic potion? Sounds like a practical joke, or just that kid's imagination.
Syllex: *looks around tentatively, continues whispering* Maybe...what it it's true? That House Guatnymm has access to the forbidden magics?
Gielo: *via communicator* I doubt it. If the gods really have returned to our world, why would they grace the House of Stone? We're the lore maniacs, not them - if anyone, we deserve access to these potions and powers, or maybe Houses Julain or Arota. Why the house being led by a toddler?
Syllex: *whispering very quietly* I don't know, brother...but I intend to find out.

(This post was last modified: 07-12-2014 05:00 AM by Ky.)
07-12-2014 04:59 AM
craxyguy562 Offline
Pariah

(OOC: Maris isn't a regular four year old boy...>.>)

Hidden stuff:

07-12-2014 10:44 AM
craxyguy562 Offline
Pariah

(OOC: bump)

Hidden stuff:

09-11-2014 01:55 PM