RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spanish Class.
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

Given 184 thank(s) in 127 post(s)
Spanish Class.

Why the fuck did I take Spanish 3? I really don't feel like working hard this year. The teacher puts every student on the spot, and I'm pretty much the only one in there that doesn't study. Not to mention, the teacher said she can spot an English to Spanish translator from a mile away, and we would get a detention if we used one. We are supposed to be able to stand up and talk about ourselves in Spanish for 3 minutes soon. How the fuck am I going to do that shit?

I really don't feel like dealing with this shit, and the guidance office is fucking retarded and wont do their jobs. I cant drop it because they keep bitching about how we can't change classes anymore. Probably because they don't want the students to go in there and interrupt their never ending lunch break.

Blog I post to now:
http://blog.darknedgy.net

Edfreedom.org -- An organization for more freedom in education.
http://www.edfreedom.org/join-us/
09-21-2010 11:34 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

Given 28 thank(s) in 25 post(s)
Re: Spanish Class.

I hate Spanish. The only reason I took it instead of German is because the German teacher retired this year.

My fucking bitch teacher makes me carry a whole binder for her class, with a lengthly list of shit to take. All together, I have more shit to haul to one class than I do all the other classes.

[Image: True-Blood-Banner-true-blood-2196368-500-82.jpg]
Faith o' Meter
-{|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||}-
Quote:Riddle me this, riddle me that. Give me a straight answer, you pain in the ass cat.
09-21-2010 11:50 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Desert Fox Offline
Waging war with conviction

Given 102 thank(s) in 75 post(s)

Spanish fucking sucks. I can't remember/pronounce any of the words for shit, and I'm literally not learning anything. And my mom always tells me to "PARTICIPATE PARTICIPATE PARTICIPATE".

The only reason I took it instead of German is 'cause I thought Spanish would be more useful in today's world. Fuck that.

Hidden stuff:
(11-27-2011 01:00 PM)psychopath Wrote:  
(11-27-2011 10:52 AM)Efs Wrote:  Our Army is more professional than Amerika. Smile
Except ours isn't allowed to have guns
CrayolaColours Wrote:That post owned. TDF wins post of the year.
Faby Wrote:
krissy Wrote:dessert fox
Mmm, flambéed vulpine.
"There is no enemy, there is no victory, only boys who lost their lives in the sand."
[/center]
09-21-2010 01:42 PM
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

The Desert Fox Wrote:The only reason I took it instead of German is 'cause I thought Spanish would be more useful in today's world. Fuck that.
Yeah, fuck that.

Not to mention that fucking idiot that keeps calling me "sweetheart" and touches my arm sits next to me in that class. Really, teachers put me next to idiots just for the lulz.

Faith o' Meter
Quote:Riddle me this, riddle me that. Give me a straight answer, you pain in the ass cat.
09-21-2010 01:51 PM
monkey Away
Fanatic

Given 26 thank(s) in 17 post(s)

I DID take german lol i win.

Had to move on. Account is dead.
09-21-2010 02:00 PM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Given 80 thank(s) in 73 post(s)

Glad I got past that alternate language bullshit.

[Image: WARZONES_subs_hostility.png]
image hosting jpg
09-21-2010 03:14 PM
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

I'm just happy I never have to take another gym class ever again in my life. It's what makes the Spanish bullshit all that much more bearable.

Faith o' Meter
09-21-2010 03:26 PM
Aviator Offline
Pariah

Given 7 thank(s) in 6 post(s)

Spanish was BIG BULLSHIT last year. I had a first year teacher who had no idea how to control a class, nor how to teach in an effective way. To teach us vocabulary she made us say the word repeatedly while doing motions with our hands. It was easy enough to BS that in class - just watch everyone else around ya and follow along - but, when it came to long term retention, it sucked.

She also was quite fond of kicking people out of the classroom, and writing referrals, on top of yelling at us for 30 minutes a day. There was no respect for her whatsoever - and at the end, people basically got so desperate to pass that they started becoming her slaves for extra credit. Basically, she awarded extra points to people who would stay after and clean the classroom, copy the days assignments down into the absent binder, and arrange the desks into orderly rows.

Terrible... but, a lot of kids passed because of that, so they don't have to retake the class again.

She was fired in our budget cut fiasco, so, no more worries about her, and I've actually got a decent teacher this year, who actually cares about us. She basically doesn't mind repeating things about a billion times per period, isn't a nazi about electronics, and bases most of the grade off of easy bellwork that we correct as a class - so it's easy to do well, plus I'm actually learning some spanish. Best of all, she even called our last teacher a moron, and said that she taught us spanish all wrong.

Spanish isn't terrible this year. At least, not like english class is... :<_<:

It is better to ask for forgiveness than for permission. - Neal Vitale
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints. The sinners are much more fun.
Everyone can back up their opinions. Some people just do it a whole lot better than others. - Rebelnerd
Here's to the men and women who did what was considered wrong, in order to do what they knew was right.
'Of course it is happening inside your head, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?'" - JK Rowling
09-29-2010 12:51 PM
The Desert Fox Offline
Waging war with conviction

Given 102 thank(s) in 75 post(s)

monkey Wrote:I DID take german lol i win.
Fucker.

Hidden stuff:
(11-27-2011 01:00 PM)psychopath Wrote:  
(11-27-2011 10:52 AM)Efs Wrote:  Our Army is more professional than Amerika. Smile
Except ours isn't allowed to have guns
CrayolaColours Wrote:That post owned. TDF wins post of the year.
Faby Wrote:
krissy Wrote:dessert fox
Mmm, flambéed vulpine.
"There is no enemy, there is no victory, only boys who lost their lives in the sand."
[/center]
09-29-2010 11:40 PM
యూజర్ పేరు Offline
Fanatic

Given 19 thank(s) in 16 post(s)

I'm in Spanish 4, making me a year ahead of most people in my grade.
09-30-2010 08:14 AM
genuine anarchist Offline
Revolutionary

Given 12 thank(s) in 6 post(s)

I only had to take 3 years of Spanish, so I'm done, bitches!

It's only one more years. Your school only requires 3 language credits, right?
09-30-2010 03:07 PM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

Given 184 thank(s) in 127 post(s)

Aviator Wrote:Spanish was BIG BULLSHIT last year. I had a first year teacher who had no idea how to control a class, nor how to teach in an effective way. To teach us vocabulary she made us say the word repeatedly while doing motions with our hands. It was easy enough to BS that in class - just watch everyone else around ya and follow along - but, when it came to long term retention, it sucked.

She also was quite fond of kicking people out of the classroom, and writing referrals, on top of yelling at us for 30 minutes a day. There was no respect for her whatsoever - and at the end, people basically got so desperate to pass that they started becoming her slaves for extra credit. Basically, she awarded extra points to people who would stay after and clean the classroom, copy the days assignments down into the absent binder, and arrange the desks into orderly rows.

Terrible... but, a lot of kids passed because of that, so they don't have to retake the class again.

She was fired in our budget cut fiasco, so, no more worries about her, and I've actually got a decent teacher this year, who actually cares about us. She basically doesn't mind repeating things about a billion times per period, isn't a nazi about electronics, and bases most of the grade off of easy bellwork that we correct as a class - so it's easy to do well, plus I'm actually learning some spanish. Best of all, she even called our last teacher a moron, and said that she taught us spanish all wrong.

Spanish isn't terrible this year. At least, not like english class is... :<_<:

That sucks. I had a Spanish teacher like that for 3 years. Once in middle school and twice in high school. Now I have some other teacher who makes us do too much work. I'll survive though, it's not too hard.

GA Wrote:I only had to take 3 years of Spanish, so I'm done, bitches!

It's only one more years. Your school only requires 3 language credits, right?

Actually, my school doesn't have a language requirement. It's just that I'm probably going to go to college and it looked good on paper at the time. Not a good fucking choice if I fail it though, which I doubt I will, but I suck at Spanish so who knows.

Blog I post to now:
http://blog.darknedgy.net

Edfreedom.org -- An organization for more freedom in education.
http://www.edfreedom.org/join-us/
10-01-2010 03:45 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

We have to take Spanish 1 and 2, we used to have German, but the teacher retired. For Honours, we either need 3 years of one language, or two years for two different languages.

Faith o' Meter
10-01-2010 07:51 AM
యూజర్ పేరు Offline
Fanatic

Given 19 thank(s) in 16 post(s)

There's no requirement for language classes, but I'm taking four years of it because colleges tend to like it.
10-01-2010 12:10 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Another fucking Spanish project. KFC Nyan Cat 6 4,641 01-01-2014 12:56 PM
Last Post: no
  Spanish class sucks RedBird 34 23,279 01-26-2012 12:41 PM
Last Post: Luizao876
  Fuck Spanish Class!!! EnemyOfTheState 19 13,347 03-27-2011 08:27 AM
Last Post: genuine anarchist
  Fucking Spanish, how does it work? Absnt 20 4,863 02-23-2011 08:21 PM
Last Post: Absnt