RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Once i had a brainwashed friend...
Rule_BreakerXVIII Offline
Revolutionary

Given 271 thank(s) in 168 post(s)

I made friends with a girl in my class in 11th, and she really seemed okay at the time. But halfway into 12th I discovered her true nature. She has to be the biggest hypocrite in our class. Not only she helped my mother spy on me-whenever I did anything in school like text in class or didn't submit homework she called mum up. She herself had a lot of secrets that she didn't tell her parents, and she couldn't respect the fact that I kept them for her and return the courtesy. She is a bossy, nagging bitch at the best and a photocopy of mum at the worst. When i blew up at her saying that i am done with her shit, i noticed these:

She doesn't seem to grasp when she is unwanted.
She couldn't handle my rejection or the fact that i can ignore her without feeling guilty.
She really is brainwashed-the type to take teachers seriously- from answering their questions to generally sucking up to them.

i do not believe in cliques, rather i am the type to hang with everyone. She has the us vs. them mentality. i hate that.

Don't play chess with pigeons-they'll just knock over the pieces, shit on the board and strut about like they won anyway.
-the Internet

Quote:May the days and months of flowing bitterness be rewarded...
To forget!?

Unforgivable!!
10-08-2013 11:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Given 1983 thank(s) in 1428 post(s)

I had some brainwashed friends...but being the one to brainwash them, it didn't really trouble me(Hah. I practically had my own spy network in school. This way I could gather information about what teachers thought of me or what admins thought of me, or if they were planning something. And have access to future homeworks, future tests and possess a limited ability to manipulate grades by a few points)

Is it me, or do females more often fit such a role?

Personality DNA Report
(06-14-2013 08:02 AM)Potato Wrote:  watch the fuq out, we've got an "intellectual" over here.

Hidden stuff:
[Image: watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme-240x180.png]
Brainiac3397's Mental Health Status Log Wrote:[Image: l0Iy5HKskJO5XD3Wg.gif]
10-09-2013 04:58 AM
Rule_BreakerXVIII Offline
Revolutionary

Given 271 thank(s) in 168 post(s)

LOL, thats a good idea. and yea, i have not noticed any guys acting like her..the pro-school and anti-school guys just avoid each other. so you my be right.

Don't play chess with pigeons-they'll just knock over the pieces, shit on the board and strut about like they won anyway.
-the Internet

Quote:May the days and months of flowing bitterness be rewarded...
To forget!?

Unforgivable!!
10-13-2013 12:47 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  More brainwashed kids comment on skipping school. Elfy 34 11,319 01-03-2017 08:15 AM
Last Post: Superkamiguru
  Post how your classmates are stupid, brainwashed, follows every fashion, talks like.. Luizao876 25 14,059 10-29-2016 04:54 PM
Last Post: UnicornLionWolf
  Our Parents Are All Brainwashed By Schools EntityCubed 6 3,410 09-19-2013 08:15 AM
Last Post: Ky
  WTF: Here lies our brainwashed parents Roboka 6 2,874 09-07-2013 08:58 AM
Last Post: brainiac3397
  WTF: Here lies our brainwashed parents Roboka 2 1,883 09-05-2013 08:30 AM
Last Post: Ky
  WTF: Here lies our brainwashed parents Roboka 0 1,005 09-03-2013 12:18 AM
Last Post: Roboka
  It's good to know my mom is brainwashed. footburn 9 1,961 11-28-2010 03:48 AM
Last Post: kbeth
  Some people are more brainwashed than we think psychopath 1 933 05-05-2009 07:22 PM
Last Post: Faby
  Our parents are brainwashed, too Number11 5 2,409 10-13-2008 02:06 AM
Last Post: Darthmat
  Brainwashed and can't mind her own business KitsuneSefam 7 1,829 03-29-2008 05:57 AM
Last Post: Jackass McAwesome