RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite Type of Woman
..V.. Offline
Party Rebel

Given 40 thank(s) in 29 post(s)
Favorite Type of Woman

Irish, German, Russian, Asian, Latina

09-18-2013 11:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Given 1983 thank(s) in 1428 post(s)
RE: Favorite Type of Woman

Asian is a pretty broad category...

Personality DNA Report
(06-14-2013 08:02 AM)Potato Wrote:  watch the fuq out, we've got an "intellectual" over here.

Hidden stuff:
[Image: watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme-240x180.png]
Brainiac3397's Mental Health Status Log Wrote:[Image: l0Iy5HKskJO5XD3Wg.gif]
09-19-2013 02:36 AM
..V.. Offline
Party Rebel

Favorite Type of Woman

Alright. Hmong and Japanese mostly.

09-19-2013 02:37 AM
no Offline
True Scotsman

Given 474 thank(s) in 299 post(s)
Favorite Type of Woman

The type that doesn't attack me in some capacity.
One of which, unfortunately, I have yet to meet IRL.

Hello, traveler.

This is an ancient account I have not used in a long time. My views have changed much in the intervening months and years.

Nonetheless, I refuse to clean it up. Pretending that I've held my current views since the beginning of time is what we in the industry call a lie. Asking people to do so contributes to moralistic self-loathing. "See, those people have nothing damning! I do! I'm truly vile!"

Because you can never be a good person with a single blemish on the moral record, I thought that simply entertaining some thoughts made me irredeemable. Though I don't care for his writing style, William Faulkner presents a good counterexample. He went from being a typical Southern racist to supporting the civil rights movement. These days we'd yell at him for that, probably.

People are allowed to change their views.

Nevertheless, this period of my life has informed some of how I am today. In good ways and bad ways. To purge it would be to do a disservice to history. Perhaps it will not make anyone sympathetic, but it may help someone understand.

If, after reading all this, you still decide to use the post above as evidence that I am evil today, ask yourself if you have never disagreed with the moral code you now follow. In all likelihood you did, at some point. If some questions are verboten, and the answer is "how dare you ask that," don't expect your ideological opponents to ever change their minds.
09-19-2013 05:23 AM
 Thanks given by: Ky
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

(09-19-2013 05:23 AM)planetfall666 Wrote:  The type that doesn't attack me in some capacity.
One of which, unfortunately, I have yet to meet IRL.

Attack you? Are you dating Klingons by any chance?

Personality DNA Report
(06-14-2013 08:02 AM)Potato Wrote:  watch the fuq out, we've got an "intellectual" over here.

Hidden stuff:
09-19-2013 07:13 AM
no Offline
True Scotsman

Given 474 thank(s) in 299 post(s)
Favorite Type of Woman

1. Hates klingon culture.
2. Doesn't believe in dating.

So, uh, no.

Hello, traveler.

This is an ancient account I have not used in a long time. My views have changed much in the intervening months and years.

Nonetheless, I refuse to clean it up. Pretending that I've held my current views since the beginning of time is what we in the industry call a lie. Asking people to do so contributes to moralistic self-loathing. "See, those people have nothing damning! I do! I'm truly vile!"

Because you can never be a good person with a single blemish on the moral record, I thought that simply entertaining some thoughts made me irredeemable. Though I don't care for his writing style, William Faulkner presents a good counterexample. He went from being a typical Southern racist to supporting the civil rights movement. These days we'd yell at him for that, probably.

People are allowed to change their views.

Nevertheless, this period of my life has informed some of how I am today. In good ways and bad ways. To purge it would be to do a disservice to history. Perhaps it will not make anyone sympathetic, but it may help someone understand.

If, after reading all this, you still decide to use the post above as evidence that I am evil today, ask yourself if you have never disagreed with the moral code you now follow. In all likelihood you did, at some point. If some questions are verboten, and the answer is "how dare you ask that," don't expect your ideological opponents to ever change their minds.
09-19-2013 08:47 AM
Thought Criminal Offline
Frame 313

Given 106 thank(s) in 80 post(s)

White girls? lol
09-19-2013 01:46 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
..V.. Offline
Party Rebel

Favorite Type of Woman

Latina and white girls are the best girls, vato.

09-19-2013 02:27 PM
Trapacity Offline
Just a Squib

Given 21 thank(s) in 18 post(s)
Favorite Type of Woman

I actually have it quite specific, really, though nothing final. Overall, I like the "cute" girls more so the "hot" ones, but let's get juicy with details.

Physical body:
- Short, cannot be taller than I am. Maybe a couple inches below my height but tall ladies seriously freak me out.
- And with the shortness comes smaller breasts and butt. I'm not talking about the itty-bitty-titty club here, but its a complete turn off when I see girls with massive chests or butt cracks that host the seas. I'm not fluent in cup sizes, but if its round enough for me to tell but not the points where that's 90% of her weight, we're good. But definitely the curves.
- Nice hip curve. Not too drastic but a curve where the cue ball could roll across with finesse.
- I can't vouch for anything final but I seem to go for more blondes or brunettes.
- If her eyes are emerald green I'll rip my clothes off and scream "TAKE ME" instantly. But eye color doesn't matter all too much.
- And as far as skin color, white. Really caucasian, but ya never know some hispanic chick might get to me one day.

Clothes/Makeup/Accessories:
- I'm a skirt guy. Not those tight skirts where the ladies waddle like penguins but nice, wavy skirts about... just below the knee high. And then I nice matching top I guess. Again, something cute, not hot.
- I also love scarfs. In fact, winter attire is probably my favorite. A scarf, nice sweater, and a pair of boot-cut (I think that's what they're called?) jeans.
- Skinny jeans are a massive turn off to me.
- Green is a great color, especially for tops/skirts/scarfs.

Personality
- Gotta be fun. Fun to be with, fun to be around. In fact, I'm sure that's a trait that most people see fit for a mate.
- Along with fun, funny. Making her laugh is plenty for me, but if she can return the favor with a witty rebuttal, she just +10ed herself in the sexy category.
- Generally caring, but this should probably be a given, really. No need to date selfish, scumbag bitches.
- Gamer. Doesn't have to be, but if I can at least turn her into one, shoot me 'cause that get so many awesome points. Plus, I could always go with the "will you be my +1?" deal. Cheesy, and becoming used a lot, but at least its cute.
- And she needs to be cuddly. Goes along with the cute (hence - "cute and cuddly") but its just one of my little guilty pleasures I have.

So yeah I'm picky but why not? I'm not looking for a slew of one night stands I'm looking at a wife for the rest of my life.
09-19-2013 03:14 PM
Subb Offline
Music Nerd

Given 317 thank(s) in 184 post(s)

Height- I have be able to put my hand around her shoulder and have it be comfy. And I want to be able to kiss her without bending down or anything.

Eye Color- Blue or grey. Or any other color like that. I would think purple eyes would look amazing, but sadly humans can't get them genetically.

Boob/Butt size- Over A cup, under DD cup. And a substantial ass. This is my genitalia talking for me, though.

Curves- Don't care, really. A hourglass would be nice, but meh.

Hair- Blonde or redhead. Longer than shoulder lengh, but doesn't go past the middle of her back.

Race- Caucasian, I guess. Doesn't matter too much.

Clothing doesn't really matter, as long as I can tell that she is a girl. Again, that's my genitailia talking.

Now for the important stuff:

Smart/Philosophical. She has to know a lot about things. And she has to enjoy a conversation about the mind, society, the concept of God, etc.

Her sense of humor needs to be quick and witty, with a leaning towards darker jokes.

If I find a girl with Asperger's, she'll definatly my my first date. My personality is a good foil to a depressed chick, but I couldn't handle the stress of being with someone suicidal.

Somewhat social. I need to get out of the house more.

Some hobby in common. Games, The internet, MTG, Magic tricks, etc.

And yes, I got the idea from Trapacity

Sub's Mental Log!
We've had a lot of fun, guys.
Fulltime Member, 2013-2014

RIP GWEDIN
RIP URITIYOGI
RIP NIGHT
RIP HANSGROHE
RIP VON
RIP WES
RIP USERNAME
(This post was last modified: 09-19-2013 03:56 PM by Subb.)
09-19-2013 03:55 PM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Favorite Type of Woman

Not too short(I'll give 3 inch leeway, meaning around 5'7") but I don't mind a bit taller either. And of a sophisticated personality(I'm a complex person, and like complicated people. Simple people are too predictable), confident(a must. lack of confidence in people rubs me the wrong way) and adventurous(I like taking risks, and would prefer not to have someone who vehemently opposes my death defying stunts whenever I do them, though word of caution is acceptable, and use of physical force to knock sense into me in case I decide to skydive without a parachute for lulz).

Also possess certain traits I'd like to have myself but just never bother developing(AKA outgoing and more proactive in socializing. I'm more the "observe,analyze and determine benefits and flaws"). Behind every great man there is a great woman, is what they say.

Course if it wasn't for society's views today, I'd opt for someone who wouldn't mind me having more than one mate... Biggrin

Basically, I'm a robot in need of a human XD

Personality DNA Report

Hidden stuff:
09-20-2013 01:59 PM
Trapacity Offline
Just a Squib

Given 21 thank(s) in 18 post(s)
Favorite Type of Woman

Good point, I forgot intelligent. Silly me.
09-20-2013 11:09 PM
UnschoolShqiponjë Offline
Fanatic

Given 221 thank(s) in 148 post(s)

Horny

Live until you die
[Image: Untitled-1.png]
09-21-2013 03:13 AM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

(09-21-2013 03:13 AM)UnschoolShqiponjë Wrote:  Horny

That could back-fire you know.

Personality DNA Report

Hidden stuff:
09-21-2013 04:51 AM
..V.. Offline
Party Rebel

What exactly is Asperger's?

09-22-2013 01:43 AM
Meow I'm a Cat Offline
TEEHEE

Given 20 thank(s) in 15 post(s)
Favorite Type of Woman

Quote:Asperger's syndrome is a form of autism - it is a developmental disorder that impacts on the individual's ability to communicate and socialize, among other things. It begins in childhood and persists through adulthood and affects the way the person reaches "common sense" perceptions, as well as the way they process information related to other individuals. People with Asperger's syndrome find human interaction challenging, and may interpret creative thought and use their imagination in different way from others.

Autism and Asperger's syndrome are both part of autistic spectrum disorders (ASD). It is a range of related developmental disorders that affect people in many diverse ways and various degrees. However, people with Asperger's syndrome tend to have average or above-average vocabularies and reach speech milestones at the same time as children in the general population.

Unlike other children (and adults) with an ASD, those with AS (Asperger's syndrome) have average IQs and are pretty much just as likely to have learning disabilities as those without AS. However, their learning requirements may be different from other childrens'.

Asperger's syndrome was named after Austrian pediatrician Hans Asperger, who first described the disorder in 1944. However, the syndrome was not recognized as a unique disorder until later on.

"ʏᴏᴜ’ʀᴇ ᴜɴᴅᴇʀ ɴᴏ ᴏʙʟɪɢᴀᴛɪᴏɴ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇ sᴀᴍᴇ ᴘᴇʀsᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜ ωᴇʀᴇ ғɪᴠᴇ ᴍɪɴᴜᴛᴇs ᴀɢᴏ."
09-22-2013 12:45 PM
Subb Offline
Music Nerd

Given 317 thank(s) in 184 post(s)

(09-22-2013 12:45 PM)DL Wrote:  
Quote:Asperger's syndrome is a form of autism - it is a developmental disorder that impacts on the individual's ability to communicate and socialize, among other things. It begins in childhood and persists through adulthood and affects the way the person reaches "common sense" perceptions, as well as the way they process information related to other individuals. People with Asperger's syndrome find human interaction challenging, and may interpret creative thought and use their imagination in different way from others.

Autism and Asperger's syndrome are both part of autistic spectrum disorders (ASD). It is a range of related developmental disorders that affect people in many diverse ways and various degrees. However, people with Asperger's syndrome tend to have average or above-average vocabularies and reach speech milestones at the same time as children in the general population.

Unlike other children (and adults) with an ASD, those with AS (Asperger's syndrome) have average IQs and are pretty much just as likely to have learning disabilities as those without AS. However, their learning requirements may be different from other childrens'.

Asperger's syndrome was named after Austrian pediatrician Hans Asperger, who first described the disorder in 1944. However, the syndrome was not recognized as a unique disorder until later on.

A few more things:

Senses are more sensitive than normal. I can't go to anything loud or with crowds without getting overwhemed.

It's like anti ADHD. I can focus on something interesting for hours on end. Oh, and I have really wierd, focused interests.

I act out my daydreams involuntarily. I can control it in public, but not at home.

I can have trouble understanding sarcasm once in a while. I have more trouble understanding weather or not I'm being sarcastic.

Oh, and I hate people.

Sub's Mental Log!
We've had a lot of fun, guys.
Fulltime Member, 2013-2014

RIP GWEDIN
RIP URITIYOGI
RIP NIGHT
RIP HANSGROHE
RIP VON
RIP WES
RIP USERNAME
09-22-2013 02:53 PM
..V.. Offline
Party Rebel

Favorite Type of Woman

I have some of these characteristics.

09-23-2013 04:31 AM
IamNoone Offline
Pro Procrastinator

Given 63 thank(s) in 46 post(s)

Lol at these absurd standards.
Personally my only absolute musts are open mindedness, intelligence and knowledge close to mine, and not morbidly obese or absurdly ugly.

The purpose of life is a life with a purpose
So I’d rather die for a cause than live a life that is worthless
I don’t need the circus or the day of national observance
I need you to think for you and stop being a servant
-Immortal Technique, The Martyr, The Martyr
09-24-2013 02:39 PM
 Thanks given by: no
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

(09-24-2013 02:39 PM)IamNoone Wrote:  Lol at these absurd standards.
Personally my only absolute musts are open mindedness, intelligence and knowledge close to mine, and not morbidly obese or absurdly ugly.

Isnt that along the lines of what most seemed to say(if we ignore the fluff?) Razz

Personality DNA Report

Hidden stuff:
09-25-2013 01:02 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Favorite type of beer? And alcohol. ..V.. 9 2,983 09-27-2013 07:10 AM
Last Post: Alistoriv
  To those of you who type incorrectly Raikuron 10 1,726 08-01-2010 06:34 AM
Last Post: Dark Soul X
  Where can I learn to type? Michio-kun 7 2,449 01-14-2009 11:24 AM