RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
18 Signs that U.S. Public Schools are Essentially Prisons
Christian Hellhound Offline
Hellhound in a human body.

Given 51 thank(s) in 27 post(s)

Has anyone else ever read this before? (I'm sure many of us have...)
When I saw number 5, the last of my faith in humanity packed its bags and got the hell out of here.

http://endoftheamericandream.com/archive...-s-prisons

Quote:#1 Virginia Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli has announced that school officials can search the cell phones and laptops of public school students if there are “reasonable grounds for suspecting that the search will turn up evidence that the student has violated or is violating either the law or the rules of the school.”

#2 It came out in court that one school district in Pennsylvania secretly recorded more than 66,000 images of students using webcams that were embedded in school-issued laptops that the students were using at home.

#3 If you can believe it, a “certified TSA official” was recently brought in to oversee student searches at the Santa Fe High School prom.

#4 A few years ago a class of 3rd grade students at one Kentucky elementary school were searched by a group of teachers after 5 dollars went missing. During the search the students were actually required to remove their shoes and their socks.

#5 At one public school in the Chicago area, children have been banned from bringing their lunches from home. Yes, you read that correctly. Students at that particular school are absolutely prohibited from bringing lunches from home. Instead, it is mandatory that they eat the food that the school cafeteria serves.

#6 The U.S. Department of Agriculture is spending huge amounts of money to install surveillance cameras in the cafeterias of public schools so that government control freaks can closely monitor what our children are eating.

#7 A teenager in suburban Dallas was recently forced to take on a part-time job after being ticketed for using bad language in one high school classroom. The original ticket was for $340, but additional fees have raised the total bill to $637.

#8 It is not just high school kids that are being ticketed by police. In Texas the crackdown extends all the way down to elementary school students. In fact, it has been reported that Texas police gave “1,000 tickets” to elementary school kids over a recent six year period.

#9 A few months ago, a 17 year-old honor student in North Carolina named Ashley Smithwick accidentally took her father’s lunch with her to school. It contained a small paring knife which he would use to slice up apples. So what happened to this standout student when the school discovered this? The school suspended her for the rest of the year and the police charged her with a misdemeanor.

#10 A little over a year ago, a 6 year old girl in Florida was handcuffed and sent to a mental facility after throwing temper tantrums at her elementary school.

#11 In early 2010, a 12 year old girl in New York was arrested by police and marched out of her school in handcuffs just because she doodled on her desk. “I love my friends Abby and Faith” was what she reportedly wrote on her desk.

#12 There are actually some public schools in the United States that are so paranoid that they have actually installed cameras in student bathrooms.

#13 Down in Florida, students have actually been arrested by police for bringing a plastic butter knife to school, for throwing an eraser, and for drawing a picture of a gun.

#14 The Florida State Department of Juvenile Justice has announced that it will begin using analysis software to predict crime by young delinquents and will place “potential offenders” in specific prevention and education programs.

#15 A group of high school students made national headlines a while back when they revealed that they were ordered by a security guard to stop singing the national anthem during a visit to the Lincoln Memorial.

#16 In some U.S. schools, armed cops accompanied by police dogs actually conduct surprise raids with their guns drawn. In this video, you can actually see police officers aiming their guns at school children as the students are lined up facing the wall.

#17 Back in 2009, one 8 year old boy in Massachusetts was sent home from school and was forced to undergo a psychological evaluation because he drew a picture of Jesus on the cross.

#18 This year, 13 parents in Duncan, South Carolina were actually ticketed for cheering during a high school graduation.

"No matter what I do, it'll probably forever remain a pipe dream that will never come true,
but the fire burning in my heart cannot be doused by anyone.
Even if the black rain falling from the sky drenches me completely and doesn't stop,
I will never allow the fire in my heart to be extinguished. That, is my 'pride'."
- Core Pride
09-08-2013 07:44 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: vonunov , LadyKira , HawkbitAlpha
154bmag Offline
One in a million

Given 93 thank(s) in 55 post(s)

The thing about schools is, they don't know the definition of the word, "Unconstitutional"

"When will the world listen to reason? I have a feeling it'll be a long time." --Dexter Holland

"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have. The course of history shows as government grows, liberty decreases. " --Thomas Jefferson
09-08-2013 02:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dunjen Offline
Rebel

Given 11 thank(s) in 10 post(s)
RE: 18 Signs that U.S. Public Schools are Essentially Prisons

Unconstitutional is right!!! I wish the people being charged would take these matters to the Next level in court. It's absolute Bull!!! These types of things are going to continue to happen unless someone stands up to it, and everyone else stands behind them.

If you or anyone you know is experiencing something like this, send them to the forums and we will back then up!!
09-09-2013 02:16 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Superkamiguru
silverfang77 Offline
Back of the pack

Given 8 thank(s) in 4 post(s)

Notice how all these incidents except #17 take place south of the Mason-Dixon Line?

I charge forward recklessly, leaving chaos in my wake.
@silverfang1977
09-09-2013 04:15 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: no , James Comey

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Schools Are Prisons (And That's A Good Thing) Miller0700 49 18,156 01-30-2017 05:06 AM
Last Post: Superkamiguru
Wink School essentially admits that it's not for everybody! KFC Nyan Cat 5 4,427 01-25-2017 08:06 AM
Last Post: Superkamiguru
  Public Opinion on Public school MurkScribe 4 3,063 05-23-2015 10:32 PM
Last Post: Ilija.m
  Abolishment of the public schools ..V.. 3 2,805 03-01-2013 04:15 PM
Last Post: GamerGurl
  "Kit gay" in Brazillian public schools Luizao876 10 5,579 03-13-2012 12:59 AM
Last Post: IamNoone
  School are prisons and that's a good thing! Reptorian 15 4,266 09-07-2010 03:30 AM
Last Post: HeartofShadows
  My Thoughts On Public Schools Quertillia 17 3,665 08-31-2009 12:23 PM
Last Post: Paraless
  Bible Study Classes in Texas Public Schools? Doc Johnson 30 6,262 09-26-2006 05:46 AM
Last Post: Doc Johnson