RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
F@$& This
Roboka Offline
(Shedding Machine)

Given 38 thank(s) in 10 post(s)
F@$& This

These bastards have really upset me this time. Sorry I could not post about this yesterday guys. I had 5 hours of homework and worked until nine. Yes, five hours. That is just two hours of free time in my day. F@$&ING TWO HOURS. But that was not the worst part of it. I have been counting how many times I have been humiliated the past three weeks by teachers. I have been bullied, insulted, and emotionally corrupted 20 times. God Damn this shit. And what have I been treated like this for? Simple mistakes. Mistakes that have been caused by their faults. So I thought that we should do something. No, not assaulting school itself, but doing more important things like donating to charities and helping out people. And when we do this, we should, in the middle, tell people we have to stop because we have too much schoolwork that is extremely tiring and is killing our motivation. Trust me, people will listen. They will. But anyways, let us share our stories of how stupid our past week's experience has been. See you guys tomorrow... by then I will have my homework shredded.
09-07-2013 09:52 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sunbourn Offline
Proud crazy cat man

Given 289 thank(s) in 192 post(s)
RE: F@$& This

Nah, they'll just be like "oh okay wouldn't want to keep you from school!" My college experience is really stressful right now, but it's mostly my own fault. I decided it would be a good idea to set up the toughest schedule I'll ever have to take at this community college the first semester I go, and then I didn't do anything in Calculus for the first two weeks so I had to play catch up. My grades are pretty good, but it's just really stressful devoting so much time to school when there are other pursuits I wish to be following.

What do your teachers do to bully you? Depending on their actions you can get parental involvement and they'd have to stop.

Who am I? Who are YOU?
09-07-2013 10:21 AM
UnschoolShqiponjë Offline
Fanatic

Given 221 thank(s) in 148 post(s)

Homework is becoming ridiculous. A couple years back I'd comment on how my cousin in 2nd grade would get fucking packets of homework. It was more than I got in college if you accounted for difficulty.

Now my other cousin (the younger sister) is in first grade and is also getting packets upon packets of homework. She was expected to write three fucking journal entries a week during the summer (not to mention other shit). I would have shit on the teacher's desk if she said I had to make my kid do that. Holy fuck.

Live until you die
[Image: Untitled-1.png]
09-07-2013 11:37 AM
Sunbourn Offline
Proud crazy cat man

Given 289 thank(s) in 192 post(s)

(09-07-2013 11:37 AM)UnschoolShqiponjë Wrote:  Homework is becoming ridiculous. A couple years back I'd comment on how my cousin in 2nd grade would get fucking packets of homework. It was more than I got in college if you accounted for difficulty.

Now my other cousin (the younger sister) is in first grade and is also getting packets upon packets of homework. She was expected to write three fucking journal entries a week during the summer (not to mention other shit). I would have shit on the teacher's desk if she said I had to make my kid do that. Holy fuck.

If I wanna write a journal three motherfucking times a week I will. If not then I won't. That's just silly. Nobody should have to deal that significant of a waste of time.

Who am I? Who are YOU?
09-07-2013 11:45 AM
no Offline
True Scotsman

Given 474 thank(s) in 299 post(s)
F@$& This

The letter F at money and this?

Hello, traveler.

This is an ancient account I have not used in a long time. My views have changed much in the intervening months and years.

Nonetheless, I refuse to clean it up. Pretending that I've held my current views since the beginning of time is what we in the industry call a lie. Asking people to do so contributes to moralistic self-loathing. "See, those people have nothing damning! I do! I'm truly vile!"

Because you can never be a good person with a single blemish on the moral record, I thought that simply entertaining some thoughts made me irredeemable. Though I don't care for his writing style, William Faulkner presents a good counterexample. He went from being a typical Southern racist to supporting the civil rights movement. These days we'd yell at him for that, probably.

People are allowed to change their views.

Nevertheless, this period of my life has informed some of how I am today. In good ways and bad ways. To purge it would be to do a disservice to history. Perhaps it will not make anyone sympathetic, but it may help someone understand.

If, after reading all this, you still decide to use the post above as evidence that I am evil today, ask yourself if you have never disagreed with the moral code you now follow. In all likelihood you did, at some point. If some questions are verboten, and the answer is "how dare you ask that," don't expect your ideological opponents to ever change their minds.
09-07-2013 11:46 AM
 Thanks given by: Ky , HawkbitAlpha
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Given 1983 thank(s) in 1428 post(s)

My college experience is pretty fine. Ive gotten the syllabi of my classes and Ive got A LOT of writing but also have a good deal of time to do the work. My math professor eve told us he wont grade homework but we should do it for our own benefit for quizzes and tests.

I never spent more than an hour on any of my HS homework. Usually it was all too easy, which is why Iwas never fully motivated in HS.

Personality DNA Report
(06-14-2013 08:02 AM)Potato Wrote:  watch the fuq out, we've got an "intellectual" over here.

Hidden stuff:
[Image: watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme-240x180.png]
Brainiac3397's Mental Health Status Log Wrote:[Image: l0Iy5HKskJO5XD3Wg.gif]
09-07-2013 12:20 PM
Miab419 Offline
Revolutionary

Given 38 thank(s) in 28 post(s)

I say you stick to unschool's plan and shit on the teachers desk. For added effect, have your homework underneath it and say, "My dog ate it."
Yeah, I'm tired now...
09-07-2013 04:15 PM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

F@$& This

Shitting on the teacher's desk may be somewhat difficult no?

Personality DNA Report
(06-14-2013 08:02 AM)Potato Wrote:  watch the fuq out, we've got an "intellectual" over here.

Hidden stuff:
09-08-2013 06:02 AM
Christian Hellhound Offline
Hellhound in a human body.

Given 51 thank(s) in 27 post(s)

(09-08-2013 06:02 AM)brainiac3397 Wrote:  Shitting on the teacher's desk may be somewhat difficult no?

Shit in a bag and put that on the teacher's desk.

"No matter what I do, it'll probably forever remain a pipe dream that will never come true,
but the fire burning in my heart cannot be doused by anyone.
Even if the black rain falling from the sky drenches me completely and doesn't stop,
I will never allow the fire in my heart to be extinguished. That, is my 'pride'."
- Core Pride
09-08-2013 07:47 AM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

(09-08-2013 07:47 AM)AnimeLuxray25 Wrote:  
(09-08-2013 06:02 AM)brainiac3397 Wrote:  Shitting on the teacher's desk may be somewhat difficult no?

Shit in a bag and put that on the teacher's desk.

Plastic or paper?

Personality DNA Report

Hidden stuff:
09-08-2013 08:23 AM
Lime Offline
Revolutionary

Given 84 thank(s) in 47 post(s)
F@$& This

Paper would be better for surprises since you can't see through it as well.
09-09-2013 12:52 PM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

(09-09-2013 12:52 PM)Lime Wrote:  Paper would be better for surprises since you can't see through it as well.

Don't hold on to it too long, the paper will absorb the moisture.

Personality DNA Report

Hidden stuff:
09-09-2013 01:14 PM
Christian Hellhound Offline
Hellhound in a human body.

Given 51 thank(s) in 27 post(s)

(09-09-2013 01:14 PM)brainiac3397 Wrote:  
(09-09-2013 12:52 PM)Lime Wrote:  Paper would be better for surprises since you can't see through it as well.

Then double bag it so there's no dripping.

"No matter what I do, it'll probably forever remain a pipe dream that will never come true,
but the fire burning in my heart cannot be doused by anyone.
Even if the black rain falling from the sky drenches me completely and doesn't stop,
I will never allow the fire in my heart to be extinguished. That, is my 'pride'."
- Core Pride
09-10-2013 07:02 AM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

(09-10-2013 07:02 AM)AnimeLuxray25 Wrote:  
(09-09-2013 01:14 PM)brainiac3397 Wrote:  

Then double bag it so there's no dripping.

But dripping is a bonus. Itll make a mess on the desk.

Personality DNA Report

Hidden stuff:
09-10-2013 01:36 PM