RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Baron's Incredibly Cool Guide for SS Members V0.2
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

Given 50 thank(s) in 38 post(s)
Baron's Incredibly Cool Guide for SS Members V0.2

Hi there, lurker and possibly future member of SS! Are you perhaps unsure of the correct way of posting? I have prepared this handy guide so that you can fully integrate with us and have GRATUITOUS FORUM ADVENTURES. Please follow the simple steps below to help us help you help us help everyone.

1 Introductory Instructionry

1a. Name
A name is very important. It gives some idea as to who you are before we even see your posts. Seeing as how you are probably here due to your shitty life, your name should look something like this:
XxXxXt0rTuReD-s0uLXxXxX
hateslife
Death2Mankined
TrueAnarchist
al0ne
darkrage
metalman

You get the idea. By using a name similar to these you should be able to fully convey your angst and suffering and misery.

1b. Avatar

To some, an Avatar is a mere 150X150 jpeg. But to others, an Avatar is a window into the soul, and represents you in the purest form. Your avatar must ideally be dark and have themes of loneliness and depression. It must clearly convey to everyone that you are suffering and alone and suicidal and WHY DOES EVERYONE HATE MEEEEEEEE Oh yeah, bonus points if you stole it from DeviantArt. Double those points if you made it yourself, becuz omg ur an artits

Here are some visual examples:
[img]http://www.iconpile.com/icon/emo_goth/emo_avatar.gif[/img]
[img]http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs19/f/2007/287/d/2/emo_by_givethebasssomespace.jpg[/img]
[img]http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs12/i/2006/275/5/6/emo_by_emO_On.jpg[/img]
[img]http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs16/f/2007/151/9/a/_Emo__by_Muzuki.png[/img]
[img]http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs28/f/2008/070/c/1/Emo_by_Hyoli.jpg[/img]
ps fuck you people i had to suffer the worst of deviantart to find something i could post without giving you lot a stroke

1c. Signature

I'm going to assume this is your first forum. You will no doubt consider having a signature, which you intend to fill with insightly quotes you stole from some emo faggot on MSN such as this:
"Life is an endless void, forever eroding our souls, eroding, eroding away until we are nothing."
and other such gems of philosophy.

Naturally, these quotes should be in dark purple or black text or be MULTICOLOURED.
(i would do multicoloured but my router decided to stop me from going on SS again DSmileFor bonus points, you could also fix an image to your sig providing us with even MORE detail of your angst. Again, with the bonus points from DeviantArt if you steal shit from it or make it yourself.

2. General Posting Habbits

2a. Postwhoring and Shitposting
As everyone knows, quantity is always superior to quality. Therefore, you must post like fuck ALL THE TIME AND EVERY DAY even if you don't contribute to the quality of the thread you are posting in and are in fact diminishing it! But in reality, who cares? The goal of everyone here is to reach the very top of the postwhore table, making however many posts necessary to reach it.

2b. ME FAIL ENGLISH? THATS UNPOSSIBLE!
Another thing to take note of is spelling and grammar. As we all know, spelling and grammar are the inventions of THE MAN, and so we should never ever use them. Hence why your posts shud luk leik dis n den u be stikin it 2 da man WORD LOL However, when other people use this style of communication, this is WRONG. JUST WRONG. Therefore, you should point out each and every tiny mistake in something someone has wrote, even if you contribute nothing at all to the thread.

2c. bumpity bump bumpington
The past, as we all know, is a wonderful place, where we knew fuck all and ignorance was bliss. Why not revisit it? Simply post in an ages old thread to give everyone a trip down memory lane. Don't worry, you aren't cluttering the forums with old topics no one gives a fuck about, but simply reminding everyone about how we all used to be. Isn't nostalgia great? Yes, yes it is. So make sure to revive old posts frequently!

2d. MY CAT SHAT ON MY DISGUSTING UGLY FACE TODAY
As we all know, threads are the backbone of a forum. You can never have too much backbone, right? Therefore, you should always strengthen aformentioned backbone by creating topics on just about every subject imaginable, even if said subject seems totally and completely irrelevant! For example, if your cat did indeed take a shit on your disgusting ugly face today, why not make a thread about it? Or, if someone wrote something about Hector J. Cuntfucker on the bathroom wall, why not make a thread about that too? Bonus points if you make a thread even if there is already another thread on the same subject! We can never have enough threads, children.

2e. Deja Vu Deja Vu Deja Vu Deja Vu Deja Vu
Is there a topic close to your heart that you simply could not be without? It could be a game, a piece of music, or a type of iron ore for example. We all have these, so you must make sure to post about them frequently! Make sure that everyone knows you love this thing, and would even take it up the ass with a rusty spiked dildo from aformentioned item if it took human form. Post about it in every thread you can, just post post post post post post until everyone really fucking sick of left 4 dead jesus h christ addicted to your chosen love.

2f. OVER 9000 LOLCATS
We here at SS, due to our rather small size and the fact everyone knows each other pretty well generate a lot of in-jokes or memes. Using these makes you cool, and therefore in order to achieve excellent posting you should use these all the time. Memes and in-jokes never ever stop being funny, even if you use them in every single post you make! So use them as if your shitty sad emo life depended on using them, even if they are really, really old! As in, that picture with that cat with the sideways face and that caption. Yeah. Use that one MORE.

3. Of Forums and Men

Here we shall go through the many forums availible to your newfound posting skills.

Youth Rights - A forum for discussing serious ways to improve the rights of young people everywhere. Due to the word "serious" being in the title, not much is actually posted in here.
Alternative Learning - A place for edumacating yourself. Again, not much is posted here.
Politics - Is Obama taking your guns away, giving your stuff to mexicans and communists and making you pay a bullshit tax to kill your grandma? Complain about it here, where no one gives a fuck.

Philosophical - Discuss your shitty musings on life and existance here.
Voices in Your Head - Are those nasty parents of yours making you take out the rubbish? Do they say "Stop being such an emo faggot, emo faggot", and tell you that if you cheer up maybe shit will go well? Do people hate you, even though you want to be loved? Complain here, and we will try and give a half a fuck if we are in a good mood.

Welcome - If you really don't know what this forum is for you must have downs or something
Help & Support - Post here if your computer won't turn on. Maybe you should try the power button?

Original Artwork and Writing - Got a piece of literature or artwork you wish to share with everyone? Why not keep it to yourself!
Other Languages - If you want to have any hope of understanding those wacky sand niggers, try looking in here for info.
General Talk - A forum for talking generally.
Awesome - Where you appreciate things. This is probably impossible considering you are an emo and cry over spilt milk.

Random - The best forum on SS. No question about it.
Frag Arena - The battleground of champions. Two men enter. One man leaves. There will be blood. Lots of blood. Blood. Oh yes, and shitty flamewars and arguments too.

4. Other shit

4a. RANDOM FORUM IS BEST FORUM
The Random Forum is perhaps the best thing that has ever come out of here. It is the very pinnacle of SS Discussion, and yet for some reason it is hidden by default. So how do I random, you may ask? Simply go to your control panel, then select usergroups then join the Basement Vistors and see the awe and might of the Random forum, and get Frag Arena completely free!

4b. OMG UR MEEN
What's that? Is someone being mean to you, even though you comply fully with everything in this guide? They are just jealous of your posting prowess. Simply make a hate filled thread in which you throw everything at them, insult their sexuality and gender, use ICE BURN taunts such as "ur concieved when a jock and a slut fuked in teh girls bathrum LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL" and other tatics. Eventually, you will become the supreme victor of the day and everyone will bow down to your glory!

More stuff to be added later...

Even though my guide is incomplete, you should now have a solid grasp on how to be sucessful here. Go and post, and be slightly afraid of the future!

ELECTRIC BOOGALOO
09-26-2010 06:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Desert Fox Offline
Waging war with conviction

Given 102 thank(s) in 75 post(s)
Re: Baron's Incredibly Cool Guide for SS Members V0.1

LOL

Hidden stuff:
(11-27-2011 01:00 PM)psychopath Wrote:  
(11-27-2011 10:52 AM)Efs Wrote:  Our Army is more professional than Amerika. Smile
Except ours isn't allowed to have guns
CrayolaColours Wrote:That post owned. TDF wins post of the year.
Faby Wrote:
krissy Wrote:dessert fox
Mmm, flambéed vulpine.
"There is no enemy, there is no victory, only boys who lost their lives in the sand."
[/center]
09-26-2010 07:02 PM
Cilaos Offline
Fanatic

Given 18 thank(s) in 15 post(s)

As you can see children, TDF holds rule 2a above all others.

I AM A THIEF IN THE NIGHT I WILL SAVE AS MANY AS I CAN

I KEEP THEM IN MY BASEMENT

I TELL THEM I AM THEIR MOMMY NOW
09-26-2010 11:31 PM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

Brilliant post. This should be announcified loudly above everything else in the universe! Mwahaha

Sadly, I don't have the power to do that. Sad

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
09-27-2010 10:56 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Raikuron Offline
Fanatic

Given 3 thank(s) in 3 post(s)

Well, you can still make it a global sticky. Possibly link to it fucking everywhere.
09-27-2010 11:32 AM
Loxor Offline
Fanatic

Given 11 thank(s) in 10 post(s)

Oh my goodness, I'm going about SS all wrong.

Anything that ever happened or will... one condition, it has to be amazing.

I gave her wings but she don't wanna fly no more.

I'm sittin' on the dock of the bay
Watching the tide roll away
Ooo, I'm just sittin' on the dock of the bay
Wastin' time
09-28-2010 02:13 AM
MorikoMisa Offline
Fanatic

Given 3 thank(s) in 3 post(s)

Loxor Wrote:Oh my goodness, I'm going about SS all wrong.
No wonder we fail!

*SPARKLING* *DOUCHEBUCKETS.*
09-28-2010 03:21 AM
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

Given 160 thank(s) in 104 post(s)

^That was just about the most useless information I have ever seen in my entire fucking life. Dan Rathers would be more informative than this.

Hidden stuff:
TRIGGER WARNING: THIS TRIGGER WARNING CONTAINS TRIGGER WARNINGS!

Dear Tumblrites: Despite your wrongly self-diagnosed PTSD, no line of scientific evidence suggests people can be triggered over the internet. Triggering works through the senses (i.e. smell, taste, touch, vision, hearing.) but it goes through real time; if you're not experiencing it in real life as it's ACTUALLY HAPPENING in your ACTUAL life, you CANNOT be triggered. The only exception to this is if you have a seizure, but then again, that's triggered by epilepsy (i.e. rapidly-changing flashing lights) NOT PTSD. Remembering a bad incident is NOT the same thing as having a flashback. When you remember, you think; when you flashback, you feel.

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

[Image: violator_blackbg_110x32.gif]
Max Stirnir Wrote:"In the time of spirits thoughts grew till they overtopped my head, whose offspring they yet were; they hovered about me and convulsed me like fever-phantasies -- an awful power. The thoughts had become corporeal on their own account, were ghosts, e. g. God, Emperor, Pope, Fatherland, etc. If I destroy their corporeity, then I take them back into mine, and say: "I alone am corporeal." And now I take the world as what it is to me, as mine, as my property; I refer all to myself." The Ego and Its Own, pg. 15
Charles Manson Wrote:“Look down at me and you see a fool;
look up at me and you see a god;
look straight at me and you see yourself”
HeartofShadows Wrote:"Life is nothing more than a druggie trying to get their quick fix of happiness while dealing with the harsh withdrawal of reality"
Osip Mandelstam Wrote:"I divide all of world literature into authorized and unauthorized works. The former are all trash; the latter--stolen air. I want to spit in the face of every writer who first obtains permission and then writes." The Fourth Prose, 1930.
Lukas Foss Wrote:That is why the analogy of stealing does not work. With a thief, we want to know how much money he stole, and from whom. With the artist it is not how much he took and from whom, but what he did with it.
PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
 Pirate Join the crew!Pirate
10-02-2010 02:16 PM
The Desert Fox Offline

Sociopath Wrote:^That was just about the most useless information I have ever seen in my entire fucking life. Dan Rathers would be more informative than this.
:headdesk: It's sarcasm you fool.

Hidden stuff:
(11-27-2011 10:52 AM)Efs Wrote:  Our Army is more professional than Amerika. Smile
Faby Wrote:
Mmm, flambéed vulpine.
"There is no enemy, there is no victory, only boys who lost their lives in the sand."
[/center]
10-02-2010 02:30 PM
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

The Desert Fox Wrote:
Sociopath Wrote:^That was just about the most useless information I have ever seen in my entire fucking life. Dan Rathers would be more informative than this.
Only parts of it were.

Hidden stuff:

Dear Tumblrites: Despite your wrongly self-diagnosed PTSD, no line of scientific evidence suggests people can be triggered over the internet. Triggering works through the senses (i.e. smell, taste, touch, vision, hearing.) but it goes through real time; if you're not experiencing it in real life as it's ACTUALLY HAPPENING in your ACTUAL life, you CANNOT be triggered. The only exception to this is if you have a seizure, but then again, that's triggered by epilepsy (i.e. rapidly-changing flashing lights) NOT PTSD. Remembering a bad incident is NOT the same thing as having a flashback. When you remember, you think; when you flashback, you feel.

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

Max Stirnir Wrote:"In the time of spirits thoughts grew till they overtopped my head, whose offspring they yet were; they hovered about me and convulsed me like fever-phantasies -- an awful power. The thoughts had become corporeal on their own account, were ghosts, e. g. God, Emperor, Pope, Fatherland, etc. If I destroy their corporeity, then I take them back into mine, and say: "I alone am corporeal." And now I take the world as what it is to me, as mine, as my property; I refer all to myself." The Ego and Its Own, pg. 15
HeartofShadows Wrote:"Life is nothing more than a druggie trying to get their quick fix of happiness while dealing with the harsh withdrawal of reality"
Osip Mandelstam Wrote:"I divide all of world literature into authorized and unauthorized works. The former are all trash; the latter--stolen air. I want to spit in the face of every writer who first obtains permission and then writes." The Fourth Prose, 1930.
Lukas Foss Wrote:That is why the analogy of stealing does not work. With a thief, we want to know how much money he stole, and from whom. With the artist it is not how much he took and from whom, but what he did with it.
PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
10-02-2010 02:40 PM
username01462781 Offline
Pariah

Given 8 thank(s) in 7 post(s)

SoulRiser Wrote:Brilliant post. This should be announcified loudly above everything else in the universe! Mwahaha

Sadly, I don't have the power to do that. Sad
But, Soul, aren't you the owner of the site?

How could you not have the power to do it?
10-02-2010 02:48 PM
The Desert Fox Offline

Sociopath Wrote:
The Desert Fox Wrote:
Only parts of it were.
Come on man, you're simply upset at how he poked fun at your old username. No shame in admitting something.

Hidden stuff:
Faby Wrote:
Mmm, flambéed vulpine.
[/center]
10-02-2010 03:27 PM
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

Actually, I did it because BVS was belittling Emos.

Hidden stuff:

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
10-02-2010 03:33 PM
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

TA is jealous of my superior posting
[img]http://knowyourmeme.com/i/000/052/812/original/Deal_with_it_dog_gif.gif?1275684729[/img]
10-05-2010 12:39 AM
returnal Away
cold like minnesota (brrr!)

Given 29 thank(s) in 26 post(s)

The Desert Fox Wrote:
BVS is being entirely sincere, douchenozzle.

woah dude
dude woah
10-05-2010 06:33 AM
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

BaronVonStrangle Wrote:TA is jealous of my superior posting

Hidden stuff:

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
10-05-2010 08:30 AM
AWOL Offline
The Spooning Bard

Given 36 thank(s) in 34 post(s)

Wow, you're totally using sociological skills to bend us to your whims and desires. At least in naming myself a psychopath I'm being accurate, but you? You're neither an anarchist or a sociopath.

Liar.

[Image: 9be30a7.png]
[Image: LyingFloraBanner.jpg]
10-05-2010 08:35 AM
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

AWOL Wrote:Wow, you're totally using sociological skills to bend us to your whims and desires. At least in naming myself a psychopath I'm being accurate, but you? You're neither an anarchist or a sociopath.

Liar.
1. Your name isn't "psychopath"
2. I am an Anarchist. Go ahead; prove me wrong.
3. (^see "2.")

Hidden stuff:

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
10-05-2010 08:42 AM
AWOL Offline
The Spooning Bard

Naming myself psychopath and naming myself a psychopath are two entirely different things.
Every other one of your ideologies conflicts with anarchy. Then again, so do Rebelnerd's. I don't count him as an anarchist, nor do I count you as one.
When do you ever manipulate people. Whether it be socially or psychologically, you don't exactly do a bang-up job of it. You also have emotions and morality that go deeper than a mere façade.

10-05-2010 08:47 AM
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

AWOL Wrote:Every other one of your ideologies conflicts with anarchy
Name one.

AWOL Wrote:I am a psychopath
zOMHG! U SO 1337!!

AWOL Wrote:When do you ever manipulate people
All the time. But hard 2 do on internet.

AWOL Wrote:You also have emotions and morality that go deeper than a mere façade.
I go for more of the Hedonistic Philosophy.

Hidden stuff:

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
10-05-2010 08:58 AM
AWOL Offline
The Spooning Bard

Sociopath Wrote:
Name one.
You constantly go on about the inherent moral and ideological
zOMHG! U SO 1337!!
Not really, no.
Yes, because the one who constantly complains that he never gets what he wants is totally a great manipulator.
AWOL Wrote:You also have emotions and morality that go deeper than a mere façade.
Rofl. No.

10-05-2010 09:07 AM
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

AWOL Wrote:
Sociopath Wrote:
Name one.
Debating doen't mean I subscribe to it. Again; name one
zOMHG! U SO 1337!!
Not really, no.
Yes, because the one who constantly complains that he never gets what he wants is totally a great manipulator.
give me an example
Rofl. No.
actually, yes. But our 2 different opinions.

Hidden stuff:

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
10-05-2010 09:10 AM
AWOL Offline
The Spooning Bard

AWOL Wrote:
Sociopath Wrote:
Name one.
Debating doen't mean I subscribe to it. Again; name one
Bullshit. You constantly rage on about how you're one of the few who upholds an-... Wait. Fuck. I've fused Ceiling Cat and True Anarchist into one object. FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU- Never mind sir, my quarrel is not with you.
zOMHG! U SO 1337!!
Not really, no.
give me an example
Rofl. No.
actually, yes. But our 2 different opinions.

10-05-2010 09:13 AM
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

Can it be? Is it possible that someone is a BIGGER shitposter than Fox or Raikuron?
10-06-2010 12:58 AM
Cilaos Offline
Fanatic

Given 18 thank(s) in 15 post(s)

IZ NOT POSSIBLE!
You're seeing things Noggin.

I AM A THIEF IN THE NIGHT I WILL SAVE AS MANY AS I CAN

I KEEP THEM IN MY BASEMENT

I TELL THEM I AM THEIR MOMMY NOW
10-06-2010 01:10 AM
AWOL Offline
The Spooning Bard

BaronVonStrangle Wrote:Can it be? Is it possible that someone is a BIGGER shitposter than Fox or Raikuron?
Demonator10.

10-06-2010 01:08 PM
The Desert Fox Offline

AWOL Wrote:
BaronVonStrangle Wrote:Can it be? Is it possible that someone is a BIGGER shitposter than Fox or Raikuron?
Demonator10.
6moredetentions.

Hidden stuff:
Faby Wrote:
Mmm, flambéed vulpine.
[/center]
10-06-2010 02:20 PM
AWOL Offline
The Spooning Bard

There really are quite a lot of them.

10-06-2010 02:23 PM
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

I find the fact that no new users have used my excellent advice deeply disturbing
10-20-2010 12:42 AM
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

Re: Baron's Incredibly Cool Guide for SS Members V0.2

I also find the fact that this is on page 2 where newfags cannot view it deeply disturbing
03-31-2011 02:54 AM