RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WHY SO HYPOCRITICAL!?
Asder Miller The Second Offline
Anonymous Supporter

Given 17 thank(s) in 15 post(s)
WHY SO HYPOCRITICAL!?

hi

School isnt as bad as you think
(This post was last modified: 08-20-2013 10:18 AM by Asder Miller The Second.)
08-18-2013 07:54 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Miab419 Offline
Revolutionary

Given 38 thank(s) in 28 post(s)
RE: WHY SO HYPOCRITICAL!?

Some parents insists that their children are too young to be responsible for expensive electronics, while giving still giving them other "responsible" chores
08-18-2013 08:18 AM
 Thanks given by: The man
thewake Offline
Unconstructive

Given 296 thank(s) in 201 post(s)
WHY SO HYPOCRITICAL!?

You do realize you're not entitled to an iPhone, right?

[Image: nAOqYk7.png]

[Image: USVWSwj.png]
08-18-2013 08:20 AM
 Thanks given by: Potato
Anonymous Supporter

WHY SO HYPOCRITICAL!?

Wes your retarded

08-18-2013 08:24 AM
Night Offline
Queen Mod

Given 372 thank(s) in 211 post(s)

Lol. My mom flipped shit when I asked for a $250 phone.

I'm a girl ffffeck
Hidden stuff:
08-18-2013 09:04 AM
vonunov Offline
Badgrr

Given 186 thank(s) in 126 post(s)

(08-18-2013 08:24 AM)CyricDamascus Wrote:  Wes your retarded

Lol.

Quote:i have wanted so many things, they say they have no money, yet buy it for themselves! I DO CHORES, I CLEAN, I TRY AND GET A JOB, IM ONLY 13! THERES ONLY SO MUCH I CAN DO

Why not tell them this? If all they're saying is they don't have the money for it but it seems like they do, ask about that and try to find out if there's something else stopping it. See if they'll let you get one if you earn it yourself instead of just asking for it. If you can't get any kind of work, maybe you and your parents can make some up.

If you ask them what you can do to earn what you want for yourself, they might be more willing to make it happen. Bring up what you already do around the house, but make sure that isn't just cleaning up your own messes.
08-18-2013 09:12 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Miab419 Offline
Revolutionary

Given 38 thank(s) in 28 post(s)

Going off Jack's suggestion, would you be willing to find your own time to do some yardwork or cleaning for neighbors or something for pay?
But then again, if your parents are stubborn, they might just say no to that too...
08-18-2013 09:24 AM
HawkbitAlpha Offline
Pariah

Given 95 thank(s) in 67 post(s)

(08-18-2013 08:20 AM)Wes Wrote:  You do realize you're not entitled to an iPhone, right?

wannabe parent faggot
pls gtfo

RIP GWEDIN (2013-2017)
RIP URITIYOGI (2016-2017)
RIP NIGHT (2009-2017)
RIP VONUNOV (2008-2017)
RIP WES/THEWAKE (2007-2017)
RIP USERNAME (2013-2017)
RIP HAWKBIT (2013-2017)
RIP SS

"Write me a little report of [my video], so I know you watched it, or you get another warning. One of my other goals is to make this forum a bit of my own class...So, tell me, how you feel about the new rule of having you do homework? Or you get another warning. So, do you want to do this or not?...Please send a PM and tell me if you're willing or not. I will probably give you 24 hours to send the PM. No PM will indicate to me that, no, you don't want to do things in this new way. So, you will be saying goodbye."
-Stevehein, promise-maker and Führer moderator of SJW-Survival, 2017

Hidden stuff:
08-18-2013 10:14 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Meow I'm a Cat Offline
TEEHEE

Given 20 thank(s) in 15 post(s)
WHY SO HYPOCRITICAL!?

It's a phone. Although your parents are being hypocritical, you don't need a phone, especially a $200 one.

"ʏᴏᴜ’ʀᴇ ᴜɴᴅᴇʀ ɴᴏ ᴏʙʟɪɢᴀᴛɪᴏɴ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇ sᴀᴍᴇ ᴘᴇʀsᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜ ωᴇʀᴇ ғɪᴠᴇ ᴍɪɴᴜᴛᴇs ᴀɢᴏ."
08-18-2013 12:02 PM
154bmag Offline
One in a million

Given 93 thank(s) in 55 post(s)
WHY SO HYPOCRITICAL!?

Quote: Wes Wrote: You do realize you're not entitled to an iPhone, right?

wannabe parent faggot
pls gtfo

Calling Wes, "Retarted" or a "wannabe parent faggot" isn't going to help anyone's case.

"When will the world listen to reason? I have a feeling it'll be a long time." --Dexter Holland

"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have. The course of history shows as government grows, liberty decreases. " --Thomas Jefferson
(This post was last modified: 08-18-2013 03:29 PM by 154bmag.)
08-18-2013 03:29 PM
 Thanks given by: Potato
vonunov Offline
Badgrr

(08-18-2013 10:14 AM)HawkbitAlpha Wrote:  
(08-18-2013 08:20 AM)Wes Wrote:  You do realize you're not entitled to an iPhone, right?

wannabe parent faggot
pls gtfo

yh omg wat a fashist
08-18-2013 04:37 PM
Potato Offline
Pariah

Given 64 thank(s) in 50 post(s)
WHY SO HYPOCRITICAL!?

lol you remind me of this monkey http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meiU6TxysCg

Quote:Wes your retarded

you're*

"I never said half the shit people say i did." -Albert Einstein

"I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail, there is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers. That is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark."-Stephen Hawking

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."
08-18-2013 06:59 PM
Potato Offline
Pariah

Given 64 thank(s) in 50 post(s)
WHY SO HYPOCRITICAL!?

and selfishness is not the same as hypocrisy, your parents are spending more money for themselves than for you, just as you're spending more for yourself than your are donating to starving people in poor countries. and stop being a little bitch, nobody has to buy you shit. quit begging to ur parents like an annoying little bitch either use your own money to get a phone or live without one. jeez.

"I never said half the shit people say i did." -Albert Einstein

"I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail, there is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers. That is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark."-Stephen Hawking

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."
08-18-2013 07:17 PM
Anonymous Supporter

WHY SO HYPOCRITICAL!?

shouldnt have expected for you guys to understand

08-18-2013 11:29 PM
 Thanks given by: HawkbitAlpha
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Given 1983 thank(s) in 1428 post(s)
WHY SO HYPOCRITICAL!?

It's not that we don't understand, but you do realize you say you've been asking for one for about 5-6 years, and that you're 13, thus implying you've wanted an Iphone since you were 7-8.

Now I don't know about most people, but what exactly does a 7-8 year old have a need for a sophisticated smart phone capable of telecommunication and internet access? Also, even if your parents did purchase expensive phones and refuse to purchase one for you, could simply mean they saw no need for you to possess such a phone at your age(hence the expectancy for you to find your own legal means of obtaining funds to purchase it for yourself)

And like I always tell my younger sister who is semi-spoiled in my opinion:"There are wants and there are needs. You don't need -insert item-, so I don't care that you want it."

Your parents are obligated to meet your needs, but your wants are only optional and usually require your own effort.

Personality DNA Report
(06-14-2013 08:02 AM)Potato Wrote:  watch the fuq out, we've got an "intellectual" over here.

Hidden stuff:
[Image: watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme-240x180.png]
Brainiac3397's Mental Health Status Log Wrote:[Image: l0Iy5HKskJO5XD3Wg.gif]
08-19-2013 02:25 AM
Slick Offline
Shattered

Given 14 thank(s) in 10 post(s)

(08-19-2013 02:25 AM)brainiac3397 Wrote:  It's not that we don't understand, but you do realize you say you've been asking for one for about 5-6 years, and that you're 13, thus implying you've wanted an Iphone since you were 7-8.

Now I don't know about most people, but what exactly does a 7-8 year old have a need for a sophisticated smart phone capable of telecommunication and internet access? Also, even if your parents did purchase expensive phones and refuse to purchase one for you, could simply mean they saw no need for you to possess such a phone at your age(hence the expectancy for you to find your own legal means of obtaining funds to purchase it for yourself)

And like I always tell my younger sister who is semi-spoiled in my opinion:"There are wants and there are needs. You don't need -insert item-, so I don't care that you want it."

Your parents are obligated to meet your needs, but your wants are only optional and usually require your own effort.

So why couldn't they be honest and sincere with him at a young age by telling him everything you explained? Even if they did lie to him about having no money for his own good, to go out of your way to buy the items only makes them look like even bigger assholes.

That's almost as low as eating food in front starving of children after lying to them about having no food.

(08-18-2013 03:29 PM)154bmag Wrote:  
Quote: Wes Wrote: You do realize you're not entitled to an iPhone, right?

wannabe parent faggot
pls gtfo

Calling Wes, "Retarted" or a "wannabe parent faggot" isn't going to help anyone's case.

It'll help his case.

Quote:Slick's Mental Health Status
[Image: Q9YKMxA.gif?1]
(This post was last modified: 08-19-2013 03:26 AM by Slick.)
08-19-2013 02:58 AM
Lime Offline
Revolutionary

Given 84 thank(s) in 47 post(s)
WHY SO HYPOCRITICAL!?

I think his point is that his parents buy IPad's for themselves, but when he asks for one, they reply they have no money. It's a rather questionable answer.

Frankly I don't see what the craze is about IPad's. What are they useful for, anyway?
08-19-2013 03:25 AM
vonunov Offline
Badgrr

Yeah, that's the part I would be upset about. His parents should be straightforward about whatever it is and not insult his intelligence with bad excuses. They're perfectly free to say no just because, and that I wouldn't have a problem with if I were OP, but I don't like being lied to for nothing. So I figure it might help to ask them about this and see if there's a good explanation for the whole thing, and if it really is just a money problem, maybe they can work something out.
08-19-2013 04:23 AM
HawkbitAlpha Offline
Pariah

Given 95 thank(s) in 67 post(s)
WHY SO HYPOCRITICAL!?

Also, my mom flipped out over a phone that costed $20...

(The Pantech Reveal, to be precise)

RIP GWEDIN (2013-2017)
RIP URITIYOGI (2016-2017)
RIP NIGHT (2009-2017)
RIP VONUNOV (2008-2017)
RIP WES/THEWAKE (2007-2017)
RIP USERNAME (2013-2017)
RIP HAWKBIT (2013-2017)
RIP SS

"Write me a little report of [my video], so I know you watched it, or you get another warning. One of my other goals is to make this forum a bit of my own class...So, tell me, how you feel about the new rule of having you do homework? Or you get another warning. So, do you want to do this or not?...Please send a PM and tell me if you're willing or not. I will probably give you 24 hours to send the PM. No PM will indicate to me that, no, you don't want to do things in this new way. So, you will be saying goodbye."
-Stevehein, promise-maker and Führer moderator of SJW-Survival, 2017

Hidden stuff:
08-19-2013 09:45 AM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Given 1983 thank(s) in 1428 post(s)

For $20?

Definition of overreacting.

Since I make my own money now, my parents dont bother me(except to sometimes borrow quick money from me). Plus, having paid the electric bill provides me a month of wasting however much electricity I desire.

It feels good to have the monies.

Personality DNA Report
(06-14-2013 08:02 AM)Potato Wrote:  watch the fuq out, we've got an "intellectual" over here.

Hidden stuff:
[Image: watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme-240x180.png]
Brainiac3397's Mental Health Status Log Wrote:[Image: l0Iy5HKskJO5XD3Wg.gif]
08-21-2013 06:42 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Hypocritical statements by the school SeReNiTY 2 1,742 03-07-2014 02:11 PM
Last Post: xcriteria
  This seems hypocritical. Loxor 12 2,480 11-02-2009 01:13 AM
Last Post: Loxor
  Hypocritical much ?! screwTHEschool 14 2,938 10-23-2009 02:44 PM