RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Just Need To Talk About This
Subb Offline
Music Nerd

Given 317 thank(s) in 184 post(s)

Before I begin, I just want to say that no one really close to me has died. No one close to me has been depressed or suicidal. I've never dealt with death yet. I'm problably more sensitive to this than others.

My favorite youtuber wants to die. He has absolutely no desire to live, and plans to commit suicide by 25 (He's 21 now.) He doesn't care how selfish that is, and this the people who want him to live are selfish.

I care about this person so much, and I don't fucking know why. He makes youtube videos, godammit. I don't know him in any way, shape, or form, but I'm so troubled by this. Maybe it's because I've been watching him for 2 years now? I don't know. All I know is that I care about a person because he talks into a fucking camera, and he's gonna blow himself away in the near future.

I feel so helpless. I want to help him, but I can't. Even if this guy was my friend, I wouldn't know how. Is there any way I can do something?

I just needed to tell people about this. It's the first time I've had to deal with this shit, even though it's over the internet.

Oh, his username is MrRepzion. I would link to the video where he said this, but he made it private as I was writing this.

Sub's Mental Log!
We've had a lot of fun, guys.
Fulltime Member, 2013-2014

RIP GWEDIN
RIP URITIYOGI
RIP NIGHT
RIP HANSGROHE
RIP VON
RIP WES
RIP USERNAME
07-15-2013 06:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
timf Offline
Revolutionary

Given 152 thank(s) in 65 post(s)
RE: I Just Need To Talk About This

Quote:I feel so helpless. I want to help him, but I can't.

You have touched on a powerful subject. We usually walk through life with a hard shell. This protects us from most of the idiocy, cruelty, and suffering in the world. I saw a man in a film once talking about his experience in Auschwitz. He was a barber and was describing how they used him and others to trick people just getting off the trains into thinking that they had come to a normal relocation center so that they would not question being led to the gas chamber. He was doing well describing what things were like until he remembered his encounter with a woman from his own village. At this point his "shell" cracked and he broke down.

It is at the point when we connect with someone at a personal level that we become vulnerable to being hurt. If we hear about some celebrity who commits suicide, we often think it is a shame. When someone we know commits suicide, we can suffer great emotional pain. It is our ability to open ourselves up to another that gives us the opportunity to know real intimacy. It is also the thing that makes us open to being hurt.

One thing that causes pain is to see someone to whom you have opened yourself up to start down a path that will bring them pain or even death. Here we learn the pain that comes from not being able to control things. Parents often see in their children actions that will cause them pain. (the parents may not even be right, but their fears are still theirs)

You have opened your heart. You may not be able to even communicate with this person. As a result, you may have no opportunity to influence his decision. If you were able to communicate, you might say that whatever hopelessness or even pain he feels is a result of the world he sees and the life he has built to live it. Both can change.

The problem is that each person has to live his life. You may not be able to influence him at all. When faced with tragedy, all we can do is begin to retract our feelings and move on. This is the grieving process.

Consider a possible scenario where you may have been duped by someone who has no desire to kill himself, but has only created the possibility to manipulate others. Even when you encounter a betrayal of sincere emotions, there is nothing to be ashamed of. The ability to have, show, and give compassion is not all that common.
07-15-2013 11:04 PM
 Thanks given by: Subb , Miller0700
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

Why does he want to kill himself?

And is there any way you can contact him?

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
07-16-2013 06:58 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Subb Offline
Music Nerd

(07-16-2013 06:58 AM)SoulRiser Wrote:  Why does he want to kill himself?

And is there any way you can contact him?

He's suffered chronic depression for 5 years, and has just revealed that he has a condition that puts him in physical pain. He's comparing himself to a dog you're about to put down.

There are many ways I can contact him, but he wouldn't care about what I have to say. I'm a stranger, after all.

Sub's Mental Log!

RIP GWEDIN
RIP URITIYOGI
RIP NIGHT
RIP HANSGROHE
RIP VON
RIP WES
RIP USERNAME
07-16-2013 08:24 AM
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

Given 137 thank(s) in 84 post(s)

This might not even help, but I collected these just for a time like this anyway. You could email or message him this stuff.

Suicide Hotline: 1-800-784-2433 (1-800-SUICIDE)
http://www.suicide.org/suicide-hotlines.html

Find a Therapist Near You:
* http://therapists.psychologytoday.com/

* http://locator.apa.org/

Motivational and Tips for a Better Life:
http://www.marcandangel.com/

Previously known as Derchin.
07-16-2013 08:39 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Quote:He's suffered chronic depression for 5 years, and has just revealed that he has a condition that puts him in physical pain. He's comparing himself to a dog you're about to put down.
Ouch. The condition thing is understandable. Is the depression because of that?

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer

Hidden stuff:
07-16-2013 09:59 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Subb Offline
Music Nerd

(07-16-2013 09:59 AM)SoulRiser Wrote:  
Quote:He's suffered chronic depression for 5 years, and has just revealed that he has a condition that puts him in physical pain. He's comparing himself to a dog you're about to put down.
Ouch. The condition thing is understandable. Is the depression because of that?

No. He went through a lot of shit. He was sexually assaulted at 16, two of his friends died, and his dad's health is deteriorating. I have no idea how this condition affects him. It's problably his emotional pain that's driving him to suicide.

Sub's Mental Log!

RIP GWEDIN
RIP URITIYOGI
RIP NIGHT
RIP HANSGROHE
RIP VON
RIP WES
RIP USERNAME
(This post was last modified: 07-16-2013 12:14 PM by Subb.)
07-16-2013 11:58 AM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Given 1983 thank(s) in 1428 post(s)

In all honesty, while external factors may hold influence on the person, it is still up to their internal factors to handle things. Support from people, while helpful, doesn't exactly promote great change in a person's thoughts. In the end, it's the person his or herself that has to seek this change.

Friends,family,supporters may hold open the door, but the person will have to walk through it.

Personality DNA Report
(06-14-2013 08:02 AM)Potato Wrote:  watch the fuq out, we've got an "intellectual" over here.

Hidden stuff:
[Image: watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme-240x180.png]
Brainiac3397's Mental Health Status Log Wrote:[Image: l0Iy5HKskJO5XD3Wg.gif]
07-16-2013 12:14 PM
 Thanks given by: Miller0700
Subb Offline
Music Nerd

(07-16-2013 12:14 PM)brainiac3397 Wrote:  In all honesty, while external factors may hold influence on the person, it is still up to their internal factors to handle things. Support from people, while helpful, doesn't exactly promote great change in a person's thoughts. In the end, it's the person his or herself that has to seek this change.

Friends,family,supporters may hold open the door, but the person will have to walk through it.

Exactly. It looks like he's completely shut down to help.

Sub's Mental Log!

RIP GWEDIN
RIP URITIYOGI
RIP NIGHT
RIP HANSGROHE
RIP VON
RIP WES
RIP USERNAME
07-16-2013 12:17 PM
SchoolKillsMe Offline
Rebel

Given 5 thank(s) in 4 post(s)

Yeah... I read his Tumblr post about how he doesn't want people to go out of their way to make someone not commit suicide. I kind of agree with him. It's that person's choice to take his or her life, not anybody else's. If someone feels that life is too unbearable, then they should have the right to end it themselves. I do believe that people should at least offer help, support, etc. I've watched his videos and I liked them, so it would be really sad to know that he wants to end it all...
07-16-2013 12:42 PM
 Thanks given by: Lime , тωιѕтє∂
Subb Offline
Music Nerd

(07-16-2013 12:42 PM)SchoolKillsMe Wrote:  Yeah... I read his Tumblr post about how he doesn't want people to go out of their way to make someone not commit suicide. I kind of agree with him. It's that person's choice to take his or her life, not anybody else's. If someone feels that life is too unbearable, then they should have the right to end it themselves. I do believe that people should at least offer help, support, etc. I've watched his videos and I liked them, so it would be really sad to know that he wants to end it all...

I agree that it's his freedom to do it, but that doesn't mean people shouldn't try to save them from themselves.

You've seen his videos? I like you already!

Sub's Mental Log!

RIP GWEDIN
RIP URITIYOGI
RIP NIGHT
RIP HANSGROHE
RIP VON
RIP WES
RIP USERNAME
07-16-2013 12:50 PM
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

Given 137 thank(s) in 84 post(s)

While I don't hate the idea of suicide, I often look at it this way: If whatever problem you are facing right now is forcing you into suicide, why not try to mend and solve the problem first? Don't die knowing that the pain you felt inside was completely or at least partially treatable.

If your problem can't be solved or if all other solutions fail, then suicide can be justified or looked upon in a more understandable manner.

Previously known as Derchin.
(This post was last modified: 07-16-2013 12:59 PM by Miller0700.)
07-16-2013 12:51 PM
 Thanks given by: Subb , Lime , no
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

(07-16-2013 12:51 PM)Miller0700 Wrote:  While I don't hate the idea of suicide, I often look at it this way: If whatever problem you are facing right now is forcing you into suicide, why not try to mend and solve the problem first? Don't die knowing that the pain you felt inside was completely or at least partially treatable.

If your problem can't be solved or if all other solutions fail, then suicide can be justified or looked upon in a more understandable manner.

"Why throw yourself off the bridge when you can toss your problem"?

I don't think suicide would ever be my case. For one, I like myself alive to actually voluntarily kill myself(self-sacrifice isn't suicide in my book. Sure, tossing yourself onto a grenade to protect others is technically suicide, but you aren't doing it due to personal issues.). Secondly, suicide in my religion is a "Go directly to hell; do not pass go" card.

I'll have to insure I prepare something in my will or something about how the odds of me committing suicide is like the odds a giant yellow smiley-face UFO comes to Earth from a planet called "Hippie-Weed" in the LSD solar system and is manned by Bob Marley clones that want us all to not worry and be happy.

I just don't understand why suicide is considered a crime. It doesn't help someone suicidal to arrest them if they fail to kill themselves, it simply creates more problems.

Personality DNA Report
(06-14-2013 08:02 AM)Potato Wrote:  watch the fuq out, we've got an "intellectual" over here.

Hidden stuff:
(This post was last modified: 07-16-2013 03:16 PM by brainiac3397.)
07-16-2013 03:15 PM
Subb Offline
Music Nerd

Well, the reason it's a crime is to deter people from doing it, like mist other crimes. It doesn't work in this case, though.

A little update: Last night, a stalker of his (Yes, a legit stalker) saw the video, and then gave his name and address to another asshole, who then called the police, telling them that he was going to off himself that night. They came to the house and realized that the call was fraudulent. They didn't leave, because they wanted to admire the stuff in his room for a while. (Really.)

Sub's Mental Log!

RIP GWEDIN
RIP URITIYOGI
RIP NIGHT
RIP HANSGROHE
RIP VON
RIP WES
RIP USERNAME
07-16-2013 03:52 PM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Well a suicidal person doesn't exactly care about the legality of his/her act. Considering the fact they plan to be dead and that you can't put a corpse on trial...

I'd be displeased at the arrival by police, but it is quite intriguing when you intrigue them. And stalkers really have some mental problem. Who devotes a portion of their life for someone else who doesn't even know them? Course stalkers also create their own warped reality and their obsession is in some form a projection of what they subconsciously know they can't be but want to be in the form of another.

Personality DNA Report

Hidden stuff:
07-16-2013 04:03 PM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Hmm. He wants to kill himself, but he's waiting possibly a few years. Does that mean he doesn't really want to die just yet? I think if he really wanted to, he would have just done it. So maybe he's holding onto some hope that things will improve?

Maybe he's hoping someone can change his mind?

Hidden stuff:
07-17-2013 06:24 AM
Subb Offline
Music Nerd

(07-17-2013 06:24 AM)SoulRiser Wrote:  Hmm. He wants to kill himself, but he's waiting possibly a few years. Does that mean he doesn't really want to die just yet? I think if he really wanted to, he would have just done it. So maybe he's holding onto some hope that things will improve?

Maybe he's hoping someone can change his mind?

Exactly. The age of 25 is more of a prediction than a deadline. He hopes it will change by then, but he thinks his depression will get the better of him.

Sub's Mental Log!

RIP GWEDIN
RIP URITIYOGI
RIP NIGHT
RIP HANSGROHE
RIP VON
RIP WES
RIP USERNAME
07-17-2013 06:44 AM
SchoolKillsMe Offline
Rebel

Given 5 thank(s) in 4 post(s)

I watched his response video of that Obedience To God cartoon. Pretty damn funny and fucked up.
07-17-2013 06:50 AM
тωιѕтє∂ Offline
Revolutionary

Given 34 thank(s) in 24 post(s)

I watched some of his videos, too. Seems like a smart, good guy.

And cute.

Twisted The Twisted Smiley Belongs To Twisted Twisted

"Treat every problem as a challenge, not a dead end. And treat every question like an obstacle worthy of your effort." -my friend's wise Asian father (Sounds better in Chinese)

OBNOXIOUSLY HUGE AND NOTICEABLE
07-17-2013 11:14 AM
Subb Offline
Music Nerd

How long have I been watching him?

One of the main reasons why I liked him was because he was a Christian.

Christian.

Sub's Mental Log!

RIP GWEDIN
RIP URITIYOGI
RIP NIGHT
RIP HANSGROHE
RIP VON
RIP WES
RIP USERNAME
07-17-2013 03:56 PM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

You liked him because he was a Christian? A religion with about 2 billion or so followers?

Personality DNA Report

Hidden stuff:
07-17-2013 04:13 PM
Subb Offline
Music Nerd

(07-17-2013 04:13 PM)brainiac3397 Wrote:  You liked him because he was a Christian? A religion with about 2 billion or so followers?

Yeah. I though it was a breath of fresh air. Atheists dominate the internet, you know.

Sub's Mental Log!

RIP GWEDIN
RIP URITIYOGI
RIP NIGHT
RIP HANSGROHE
RIP VON
RIP WES
RIP USERNAME
(This post was last modified: 07-19-2013 06:15 AM by Subb.)
07-17-2013 04:29 PM
Subb Offline
Music Nerd

One more thing that may be of interest for some of you: Last month, He went to Morocco to build a house for a homeless family. Next year, he either going to help disabled kids in Russia, or go to SOUTH AFRICA to take care of lion cubs. (Wink wink nudge nudge, Soul.)

One thing that pissed me off is that I told my aunt what he was doing in Africa, and she said, "That's great! What church is he with?" I said that he wasn't with a church, and she didn't really care anymore. She's very nice and I like her a lot, but that ticked me off.

Sub's Mental Log!

RIP GWEDIN
RIP URITIYOGI
RIP NIGHT
RIP HANSGROHE
RIP VON
RIP WES
RIP USERNAME
07-21-2013 02:31 PM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Ooh, lion cubs. Those are fun to play with. Giant overgrown kittens! Biggrin

(Yes, I have actually played with one. The humans there say to be careful because they're dangerous... hah! I let him nibble on my hand, because we both understood it was playful. Silly humans.) Razz

But yeah, it's good that he's doing cool things. Hopefully it gets his mind off the depression a bit...

Hidden stuff:
07-23-2013 10:19 PM
Alistoriv Offline
Sanity Not Included

Given 169 thank(s) in 114 post(s)

I for some reason completely missed that you said his username in the OP and I was reading the description and thinking "Sounds like MrRepzion"
I've been watching his videos for a while now and he actually went to Africa on my birthday.

Last time I checked though, he wasn't suicidal anymore. He was suicidal for a while and attempted it once or twice but I'm pretty sure he got over that.

RIP GORE GOROTH
RIP SAINTVICIOUS
(03-20-2013 05:08 PM)brainiac3397 Wrote:  Stand up with pride and say "No! I will not be a McDonalds employee. I WILL BE A GARBAGE MAN!"

[Image: USVWSwj.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-25-2013 07:26 AM by Alistoriv.)
07-25-2013 07:21 AM
Subb Offline
Music Nerd

(07-25-2013 07:21 AM)Alistoriv Wrote:  Last time I checked though, he wasn't suicidal anymore. He was suicidal for a while and attempted it once or twice but I'm pretty sure he got over that.
Nope. All you need to do is scroll through his tumblr to see that's he's still suicidal.

Sub's Mental Log!

RIP GWEDIN
RIP URITIYOGI
RIP NIGHT
RIP HANSGROHE
RIP VON
RIP WES
RIP USERNAME
07-25-2013 09:18 AM
Alistoriv Offline
Sanity Not Included

Given 169 thank(s) in 114 post(s)

(07-25-2013 09:18 AM)SubCulture Wrote:  
(07-25-2013 07:21 AM)Alistoriv Wrote:  Last time I checked though, he wasn't suicidal anymore. He was suicidal for a while and attempted it once or twice but I'm pretty sure he got over that.
Nope. All you need to do is scroll through his tumblr to see that's he's still suicidal.

I follow his tumblr. I see his posts every day. I only just saw the post he made about commiting suicide.

RIP GORE GOROTH
RIP SAINTVICIOUS
(03-20-2013 05:08 PM)brainiac3397 Wrote:  Stand up with pride and say "No! I will not be a McDonalds employee. I WILL BE A GARBAGE MAN!"

[Image: USVWSwj.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-26-2013 03:05 PM by Alistoriv.)
07-26-2013 03:02 PM
тωιѕтє∂ Offline
Revolutionary

Given 34 thank(s) in 24 post(s)

Where's his tumblr?

Twisted The Twisted Smiley Belongs To Twisted Twisted

"Treat every problem as a challenge, not a dead end. And treat every question like an obstacle worthy of your effort." -my friend's wise Asian father (Sounds better in Chinese)

OBNOXIOUSLY HUGE AND NOTICEABLE
07-27-2013 05:34 AM