RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I dont know if i can take it anymore.
Asder Miller The Second Offline
Anonymous Supporter

Given 17 thank(s) in 15 post(s)

My parents always cuss at me.Like today my parents told me you cant have more than 1 email address its not possible,and i YES IT IS and they said HOLY **** YOUR BEING STUPID,and i put my head down and they said "STOP FREAKING OUT!" they always cuss at me and i cant take it i have cried and cried and i just want a caring family,i want to run away but i cant support myself and i will die in the cold,i just want my parents to freken stop cussing at me,they do it 24/7 tristan get the **** over here,tristan cut that **** out,tristan your a lazy piece of ****

School isnt as bad as you think
01-01-2013 02:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
AtheistLGBTQAnarchist Offline
Peace Loving Blood Lover

Given 47 thank(s) in 36 post(s)

Never feel unloved, because people only show hatred, as there always is someone out there, that could possibly love you.

Congratulations humanity,because you refuse to let go of the old and evolve you actually make people believe in 2012. Not only that, but you're the only species on Earth that were able to make it possible, now we get to sit until we die because we couldn't get to Mars. We have failed as a society and don't deserve our gifts to survive for this long. Maybe this is why dinosaurs are extinct, we sure aren't any better than the dirt you say we're created from. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...DvwSOFto#! Noo

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
-Albert Einstein

"He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither."
-Benjamin Franklin
01-01-2013 03:15 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mouser Offline
Rebel

Given 5 thank(s) in 3 post(s)

I understand where you are coming from, Spartan. My relationship with my mother for the past few years has been tempestuous. It sucks.
01-01-2013 05:46 PM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

You might find this relevant: http://eqi.org/eabuse1.htm
They're clearly the ones who are freaking out...

They don't sound like people who would be open to discussing their behaviour though... how old are you?

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
01-01-2013 11:28 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Luizao876 Offline
Everyone's favorite Huezillian

Given 22 thank(s) in 17 post(s)
RE: I dont know if i can take it anymore.

Uh, they think that you can't have more than one e-mail adress?
wot
01-02-2013 01:02 AM
LiptomaticMate Offline
N/A

Given 61 thank(s) in 45 post(s)

Spartan117, I don't know how much you hate/like your family or how much "love" comes from where, but I think this little guide here can help a little bit. It helped me Smile http://inoveryourhead.net/the-complete-g...ng-a-fuck/
We care Hug

PS: This could also maybe uplift you a little bit Smile
http://forums.school-survival.net/showth...?tid=28149
Also as SoulRiser said, they could be emotional manipulators of some kind, you should maybe read some about it, so you can understand they're way of thinking.
(This post was last modified: 01-02-2013 02:03 AM by LiptomaticMate.)
01-02-2013 02:01 AM
Reflect Offline
Rebel

Given 6 thank(s) in 3 post(s)

My brother did (and still does) the same. Always called me names such as fucktard,''mistake'',stupid,moron etc...
But guess what, I did not care because I knew that obviously I wasn't any of these. You gonna have to stop let words hurt you like that. Show no emotion to them as they show no emotion to you. It's some kind of a test...A parent will be broken when their son/daughter shows no love/emotion to them. And if they are not...that just proves they do love you or care about you.
01-02-2013 02:36 AM
AtheistLGBTQAnarchist Offline
Peace Loving Blood Lover

Given 47 thank(s) in 36 post(s)

Not all parents love their children, you should see SRH's and just try to be happy with yours at least. Otherwise I got nothing.
01-02-2013 03:33 AM
timf Offline
Revolutionary

Given 152 thank(s) in 65 post(s)

Some suggestions for survival steps

1. Assess your environment. If you are in a prison, school, or hostile family and because of age, money, or circumstances have to remain there for a period of time, consider how to minimize the oppression you encounter.

a. Find isolation. If you can go to your room, remain in your cell, or get more time by yourself, you can reduce unwelcome attention.

b. Use approved activity as a shield. A young person who can find employment outside the house has a reason not to be home that can be considered legitimate. If you are left alone when you are doing homework, you may want to expand "homework" to include recreational reading or even skill development such as playing the guitar (who says you have to be good at it).

c. Cultivate social resources. If you can find a friend, it may be possible to come up with reasons to be away from home such as group study, library, going to school early or staying late.

2. Translate input. If people know how to get under your skin with an unkind word, you can counter with an internal translation that can take the edge off. For example, if someone calls you a worthless piece of ****, you can translate this in your mind so that you hear, "My life is out of control and I am so frustrated that I am going to blast you in a sad attempt to relieve some of the pressure I am under."

3. Plan your escape. If you are in prison and you have a couple of years to go to get out or if you are in school or an unhappy home, you can use the time you have to consider how the time you have to do could be used to an advantage for when you are free. For example, the person in prison may use his time left taking a welding class in the hopes that when he is free, he might be able to get a welding job. The student who wants to escape school, may find if he can get a welding apprenticeship so that part of his school time could be spent actually doing something useful. The person in an unhappy home might want to cultivate outside activities such as church, civil air patrol, boy scouts, or even service through an organization such as Lion's club. These outside organizations can provide reasons for being away from home and also help make connections with those from who employment could be sought when the time comes.
01-02-2013 06:33 AM
stevehein Offline
Pariah

Given 327 thank(s) in 188 post(s)

something else i find helpful is to list my feelings, very specifically

here is a list to help u get started

http://www.eqi.org/cnfs.htm

then i try to figure out what i need that corresponds with each feeling.

it seems to help a lot to know just what u need cuz that tells u just where the pain is coming from and then u can maybe start to thnk about how to get what u need. if not in the near future, at least some day. and it will tell u what is important to u. that is also good to know.

it seems to help more to label and name and identify ur feelings and needs than to label people and situations. for eample instead of saying this sucks or he is a dumb ass, think about how u feel and what u need.

btw saying "i hate..." doesnt tell u what u need.
no one ever taught me to think about what i need. and im not like everyone else, and neither are u. so one of the best things i can recommend to u is get to know own needs, especially ur emotional needs.
here is a link on emotional needs

http://www.eqi.org/needs.htm

and here is some other advice type stuff about your feelings and needs
though i think i call it the top ten ways to develop ur emotional intelligence

http://core.eqi.org/summary.htm
07-04-2013 06:47 PM
Thade_Chan Offline
Revolutionary

Given 13 thank(s) in 11 post(s)

I have the same problem as you. How old are you and where do you live. If it's the us I need a state, so I can give you the correct information based on your state. Hopefully your 16/17 because the laws tend to start becoming more lenient then.

I'm back~
07-05-2013 12:44 AM