RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone need a part time online job? I'm looking for someone to work for me
stevehein Offline
Pariah

Given 327 thank(s) in 188 post(s)

If you like my ideas and have a paypal account, and ur interested, let me know.

It wouldn't be a lot of hours, or very good pay compared to what u could make at McDonalds, but its online, u can do it in ur pj's at night, and if u like my ideas maybe u'll feel good about helping. It's more like a paid volunteer position I suppose.

But anyhow, if ur interested, let me know.

Steve
(This post was last modified: 06-25-2013 06:03 PM by stevehein.)
06-25-2013 06:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ahab Offline
Machine Gnome

Given 25 thank(s) in 17 post(s)

I'd love to know the details, please. I'm PMing you my email address, reach me there.

"If you think you know what the hell is going on, you're probably full of shit." - Robert Anton Wilson
06-25-2013 07:48 PM
Potato Offline
Pariah

Given 64 thank(s) in 50 post(s)

what's the job?
06-25-2013 08:11 PM
stevehein Offline
Pariah

RE: Anyone need a part time online job? I'm looking for someone to work for me

n more. I always have some projects going on that I can use some help with. The first one I'd want to start with is trying to get our "Letters from the Unloved" books into high schools.

My idea is that the first step in doing this, is to build a database of high school counselors/psychologists and school librarians. Maybe also English teacher or psych teachers if the school has that subject. I'd like this list for other purposes too, like to campaign against the no hugging rules and to build a network of caring type school folks.

Ahab, I got your PM and I will email you.
06-26-2013 06:09 AM
 Thanks given by: SoulRiser , xcriteria
Ahab Offline
Machine Gnome

Given 25 thank(s) in 17 post(s)

Sorry Steve, your email got into my spam box, but I've responded now.

"If you think you know what the hell is going on, you're probably full of shit." - Robert Anton Wilson
06-29-2013 08:27 AM
 Thanks given by: HawkbitAlpha
stevehein Offline
Pariah

here is an example of what you might do to help me...

i sent this email to a psychologist...

hi Dean

i found you from startschoollater.net

if you care to, i'd like your opinion on this article called "Why do we need compulsory schooling?"

http://eqi.org/p1/why_do_we_need_compusl...ooling.htm

I agree about children and teens needing sleep, but to me this leaves out a bigger question... do we need compulsory schooling at all?

If it weren't compusory, or if students weren't punished for being late or missing classes, then it seems they could get the sleep or rest they need, when they need it.

As you prefer, if you want to reply, you could do it off the record or as something I could post to my site with your name and permision.

Thanks much

Steve Hein
http://www.eqi.org

his name was....

dean.beebe and he works at cchmc.org

i got his name from startschoollater.net where he is on the board of advisors or something.

i want to write to lots of pple like this... stir up some conversations, provoke some thoughts etc.

i'd like to write to the rest of the board pple which are listed on this page

http://www.startschoollater.net/about-us.html

so if u want to help, let me know...

steve

ps i also want to write to lots of schools and tell them about our book. it was featured on the home page of http://www.acestoohigh.com this week

the book is letters from the unloved. if one day u dont see it on the home page, u can search the aces site for it i would think.

if ur reaing, xc, thanks again.
07-04-2013 05:51 PM
AmandaJH Offline
Defiant

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

Hi, I know this post was a couple years ago but I really need money and this came up so I was wondering if you're still looking to hire?
Thanks
08-13-2015 01:50 PM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Given 1983 thank(s) in 1428 post(s)

Good luuk. Though I believe steve lurks around occassionally, and pops in a post every full moon.

Personality DNA Report
(06-14-2013 08:02 AM)Potato Wrote:  watch the fuq out, we've got an "intellectual" over here.

Hidden stuff:
[Image: watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme-240x180.png]
Brainiac3397's Mental Health Status Log Wrote:[Image: l0Iy5HKskJO5XD3Wg.gif]
08-14-2015 08:49 AM
stevehein Offline
Pariah

(08-13-2015 01:50 PM)AmandaJH Wrote:  Hi, I know this post was a couple years ago but I really need money and this came up so I was wondering if you're still looking to hire?
Thanks

hi amanda - i sent u a pm....
08-14-2015 10:55 AM
Cayman012 Offline
Defiant

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

(06-25-2013 06:02 PM)stevehein Wrote:  If you like my ideas and have a paypal account, and ur interested, let me know.

It wouldn't be a lot of hours, or very good pay compared to what u could make at McDonalds, but its online, u can do it in ur pj's at night, and if u like my ideas maybe u'll feel good about helping. It's more like a paid volunteer position I suppose.

But anyhow, if ur interested, let me know.

Steve

I'm interested
07-13-2016 08:02 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  List of Online Jobs (part or full-time) SoulRiser 23 24,599 09-25-2016 10:13 AM
Last Post: HSHARK
  Work online: Mechanical Turk Night 14 10,306 01-29-2014 12:18 AM
Last Post: Night
  Part time work. Absnt 6 5,284 06-25-2011 02:24 AM
Last Post: Aya