RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I hate homecoming!! >n<
Xalainu Offline
Renegade

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)
I hate homecoming!! >n<

If there's anything that I hate more than stepping on Bionicle pieces in the basement, it's homecoming assembly (or homecoming assemblies).
You're probably going to ask me, "Oh, why do you hate homecoming assemblies so much? They're the greatest things that ever came to God's green earth!!"
Here is my answer: BECAUSE THEY ARE OBNOXIOUSLY LOUD.
I do not like going to loud places. I don't like loud noises. They hurt my ears like hell. >n<
Have you noticed how tiny my ears are? Oh wait, some of you, if not all, haven't. ^^;;;
My ears are so tiny that it's not even funny. I'd rather be stepping on Bionicle pieces ten times a day rather than having a bunch of people scream in my ear.
And what is so great about homecoming, anyway? And why was it invented, I do not know.
I also think that the most pathetic thing about these obnoxious, stupid events is the homecoming queen and/or homecoming king. Because basically people either pick the prettiest girl with those big boobs (let me admit... girls with bigger boobs bother me because I have tiny ones, despite the fact that I am 16, it makes me pissed) or the snobbiest and most popular girl. Same with guys, but without the boobs part.
You know what? Fuck homecoming. Screw it. I'm not even gonna go to that stupid dance anyway, and it isn't fair for ME to have to deal with the obnoxious and loud screaming at the overwhelming (at least for me) assembly.
No, I'm not autistic. I just don't like being in places where people scream like monkeys and behave like monkeys.
10-02-2010 04:29 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Loxor Offline
Fanatic

Given 11 thank(s) in 10 post(s)
Re: I hate homecoming!! >n<

Yeah, loud places...

We had this long ass choir rehearsal and as we got a 10 minute break 70 students all started to try to talk over one another.

I left.

Anything that ever happened or will... one condition, it has to be amazing.

I gave her wings but she don't wanna fly no more.

I'm sittin' on the dock of the bay
Watching the tide roll away
Ooo, I'm just sittin' on the dock of the bay
Wastin' time
10-02-2010 12:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aviator Offline
Pariah

Given 7 thank(s) in 6 post(s)

At my school, we have a tradition of nominating a really pretty girl and a super goofy guy to be the homecoming king and queen. The goofy guy ALWAYS appreciates it and loves it (but can't see that he was nominated as a joke), and the girl always thinks it's kind of neat until she finds out who the king is. It's hysterical.

No harm no foul there, anyhow.

Now, the game is fun. I'm in the band, and we had a LOT of fun at homecoming. If I could do a homecoming game every night with my band, I'd be a very happy person. Not quite as happy as if I lived in disney world with the band, but, happy. Biggrin We did all kinds of facepaint stuff, and the music we played was fun, and, yeah. It was great. I enjoyed homecoming, even the assembly.

Sure, the gym is loud, and about a billion degrees, but, small price to pay for the fun we had.

It is better to ask for forgiveness than for permission. - Neal Vitale
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints. The sinners are much more fun.
Everyone can back up their opinions. Some people just do it a whole lot better than others. - Rebelnerd
Here's to the men and women who did what was considered wrong, in order to do what they knew was right.
'Of course it is happening inside your head, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?'" - JK Rowling
10-06-2010 10:06 AM
Ceiling Cat Offline
Fanatic

Given 18 thank(s) in 15 post(s)

Homecoming was a bad game indeed. I prefer SH2.

Problem, officer?
Hidden stuff:
TrueAnarchist Wrote:and to think, i could be yiffing a hot vixen right about now
CrayolaColours Wrote:He just admitted today that he spent two hours...errr... shaking hands with the Bishop afterwards.
The Desert Fox Wrote:I thought when I downloaded it it was already emulated.
zagix Wrote:I'm stuck to the fagarena because I'm a fag
CrayolaColours Wrote:Woman up, will you? Grow a damn pussy and get over yourselves.
10-07-2010 02:53 AM
genuine anarchist Offline
Revolutionary

Given 12 thank(s) in 6 post(s)

Umm..don't attend the rallies? Or sneak out of them if they're mandatory? I hate obnoxious school events as well, though. Who cares who wins the homecoming court? Most of those "pretty, popular girls" will end up like their mothers: fat, bitter, ugly, and pathetic. I've seen it. Also, the popular jock douchebags tend to be disappointments as they try to relive their dreams through their kids since they couldn't grow out of high school. /bitterrant/
10-07-2010 02:20 PM
Elfy Offline
Fanatic

Given 64 thank(s) in 41 post(s)

I just had a look at what this homecoming is all about on wiki. Sounds like a load of shit to me.

Few days ago my hearing went from normal to quiet. It was quite nice, I could hear everything, but quietly.

RIP SCHOOL-SURVIVAL 04/07/2019
[Image: tumblr_lpjpoqOyQ91qb8nljo1_500.gif]
10-08-2010 07:46 AM
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

Given 28 thank(s) in 25 post(s)

Oh yeaaahhh, this is an American thing. We're having another pep rally tomorrow. It's better than sitting in class, IMO.

[Image: True-Blood-Banner-true-blood-2196368-500-82.jpg]
Faith o' Meter
-{|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||}-
Quote:Riddle me this, riddle me that. Give me a straight answer, you pain in the ass cat.
10-08-2010 07:48 AM
Elfy Offline
Fanatic

CrayolaColours Wrote:Oh yeaaahhh, this is an American thing. We're having another pep rally tomorrow. It's better than sitting in class, IMO.

Escape, then go on the field for a joint.

Hell, some of our lunchtime supervisor allow smoking and even warn us if any principal is coming on the field.

10-08-2010 07:58 AM
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

While I've never cared much for drugs you inhale, that's pretty badass. Our lunch supervisor walks around yelling at us for wearing jackets with hoods.

Faith o' Meter
Quote:Riddle me this, riddle me that. Give me a straight answer, you pain in the ass cat.
10-08-2010 08:02 AM
Elfy Offline
Fanatic

CrayolaColours Wrote:Our lunch supervisor walks around yelling at us for wearing jackets with hoods.

lolwut

Our school banned leather jackets and hoodies though Noo Females wearing leather jackets = insta boner.

10-08-2010 08:15 AM
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

Yeah, it's freezing cold in that school, but if your jacket has a hood they'll take it away from you.

They don't even MAKE jackets without hoods anymore.

Faith o' Meter
10-08-2010 08:25 AM
GrungeGestapo Offline
Rebel

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

There's a lot of Irish Heritage centered around the area of my school, so every year they make us sit for 2 hours watching these Irish Tap Dancers. Not that I don't respect Irish culture, but I come home and it takes a week or two to get rid of that constant loud clicking noise and a piercing headache. At least you don't have to go through that.

-Luke Pfaff

We don't need no thought control!

"I was brought onto this earth to live life and not let anyone get in the way of my freedom and my right to live it, and I intend to keep it that way."
10-08-2010 08:31 AM
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

No, we live in the ghetto.

Imagine what our pep rallies are like.

Faith o' Meter
10-08-2010 08:33 AM
Revolutionary

CrayolaColours Wrote:No, we live in the ghetto.

Probably much more awesome than the lame ass ones my Catholic school has, the ones where they force us to pray before it starts, and then the slutty cheerleaders come out and start "dancing" to shit music that we're not allowed to listen to otherwise.
10-08-2010 11:58 AM
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

genuine anarchist Wrote:

Probably much more awesome than the lame ass ones my Catholic school has, the ones where they force us to pray before it starts, and then the slutty cheerleaders come out and start "dancing" to shit music that we're not allowed to listen to otherwise.
Probably...

We may have the only school in America where we literally laugh as the cheerleaders walk away. Seriously, it's hilarious. The cheerleading team is entirely black, and the dance team is entirely white.

Faith o' Meter
10-09-2010 10:07 AM
The Desert Fox Offline
Waging war with conviction

Given 102 thank(s) in 75 post(s)

genuine anarchist Wrote:

Protip: Hijack the PA and play the Internationale in Russian for lulz.

Hidden stuff:
(11-27-2011 01:00 PM)psychopath Wrote:  
(11-27-2011 10:52 AM)Efs Wrote:  Our Army is more professional than Amerika. Smile
Except ours isn't allowed to have guns
CrayolaColours Wrote:That post owned. TDF wins post of the year.
Faby Wrote:
krissy Wrote:dessert fox
Mmm, flambéed vulpine.
"There is no enemy, there is no victory, only boys who lost their lives in the sand."
[/center]
10-09-2010 04:59 PM
Revolutionary

The Desert Fox Wrote:
genuine anarchist Wrote:

Protip: Hijack the PA and play the Internationale in Russian for lulz.

Scratchchin That's a good idea...
10-10-2010 04:35 PM
Jesusaurisrex Offline
Fanatic

Given 19 thank(s) in 15 post(s)

I haz date for homecoming, therefor I am better than all of you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmXMA34CeoQ
10-10-2010 04:41 PM
TheOmegaJuggalo Offline
Revolutionary

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

Jesusaurisrex Wrote:I haz date for homecoming, therefor I am better than all of you

Dammit... Jesusauris wins. :(

I also hate homecoming... Mine was recently. It's just another school function for the people who just do what they're told all of the time. My history teacher actually offered extra credit for people who went. Can they even do that??
The last way I'd want to spend a beautiful Saturday evening is by spending $15 to go sit in a crowded gym watching people I don't like dance and try (unsuccessfully) to get lucky.

Instead, I played Starcraft 2. It was a wise decision. lol
You're not alone.

[Image: ImmatureEntrepreneurBannersmaller.png]
Why Public Education Is Ineffective.
Check out my other articles here.
10-13-2010 07:33 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Homecoming? Faroven 15 4,623 10-08-2013 03:50 AM
Last Post: brainiac3397