RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Middle School
Luna Offline
Team Rocket Executive

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)
Bug Middle School

So, It's my first year.

No one's given me a chance. I'm already labled as 'weird' and I have a bad rep. already. Not for beating people up or anything, but for being myself. I've tried to be nice, but they're just pushed me to that limit where it's even hard to be kind to random people. I'm starting to feel I can't trust anyone and it just plain sucks. To all who have made it through, advice?
05-15-2013 11:00 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Given 1983 thank(s) in 1428 post(s)
Middle School

Middle School? the grade era usually full of wannabes and egocentric prick children with mostly pathetic parents part of the screwed up system?

Fuck 'em would be my opinion. It's what I did, and strangely it helped me make friends during that period Smile

No worries. High school will be worse, possibly.

Personality DNA Report
(06-14-2013 08:02 AM)Potato Wrote:  watch the fuq out, we've got an "intellectual" over here.

Hidden stuff:
[Image: watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme-240x180.png]
Brainiac3397's Mental Health Status Log Wrote:[Image: l0Iy5HKskJO5XD3Wg.gif]
05-15-2013 11:11 AM
Dead Offline
Goon

Given 288 thank(s) in 176 post(s)
Middle School

Pretty much what brainiac said, if they don't like you, fuck them.
Don't worry about what they label you or what they say about you, because it's all just meaningless words.
05-15-2013 11:39 AM
 Thanks given by: TheMCMastah
тωιѕтє∂ Offline
Revolutionary

Given 34 thank(s) in 24 post(s)
Middle School

I'm in middle school now, and I have never met a single person out of my gifted class who is not an idiot, and even most of the people in my gifted class are idiots.

Just do whatever makes you happy, it's the only way you will get by.

Twisted The Twisted Smiley Belongs To Twisted Twisted

"Treat every problem as a challenge, not a dead end. And treat every question like an obstacle worthy of your effort." -my friend's wise Asian father (Sounds better in Chinese)

OBNOXIOUSLY HUGE AND NOTICEABLE
05-15-2013 12:00 PM
Lieutenant Offline
Rebel

Given 5 thank(s) in 3 post(s)
Middle School

Middle school. Doesn't matter. School in general doesn't matter.

Though, because we live in a fucked up world, if you want a normal, scripted life written by society, you will need to get decent grades in high school and go to college.

But seriously, take it easy in middle school. That portion of your life should be spent on finding what you want to do as a hobby and having fun.
05-15-2013 01:18 PM
Smudge Offline
piss baby

Given 11 thank(s) in 6 post(s)
RE: Middle School

Middle school is shit don't even bother with anyone who gives you trouble.
05-15-2013 02:06 PM
TheMCMastah Offline
Must resist punching them...

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)
Middle School

Dead hit the nail on the head. It's all just words. And words have no power over anyone. Your best bet is to just ignore those people and move on with your life. You will meet a friend soon. And after that word will spread that you are a pretty cool person. So go out and enjoy life.
05-15-2013 11:02 PM
Asder Miller The Second Offline
Anonymous Supporter

Given 17 thank(s) in 15 post(s)
Middle School

i am in 7th grade,sadly im popular,but i never asked to be,i feel like everyone is a tryhard,so i hang out with the nerds because there all my best friends,

yea 6th grade SUCKS 7th grade is better and 8th grade is just work work work

School isnt as bad as you think
05-18-2013 02:54 PM
Cameron Chardukian Offline
Defiant

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)
Middle School

Do your best to find something you're passionate about now while you're still young. Even if your parents force you to get good grades middle school is still really easy. Finding a passion you can put a lot of hours into now should give you more flexibility later when looking for possible income sources. Also, even though few people you meet in middle school will be intelligent don't allow yourself to become a social hermit. Social skills are incredibly valuable and you'd be wise not to neglect them.
05-18-2013 10:47 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Trapacity Offline
Just a Squib

Given 21 thank(s) in 18 post(s)
Middle School

^Excellent advice, every word.

Now I'll share some of my own:

I'm sure since you're already on this site, its implied that you realize and understand about how BS the school system is implemented today, however think of it as a perspective, as tough as it probably is. Middle school is only 3 years of your life, and some would say right here to "just get it over with and then you can do what you love", but do what you love now, and after. There's no point in wasting those 3 years conforming to some school norms that won't mean anything to you once you've moved on from them (nor should they when you haven't).

Overall just do what you want to do, and be the person you want to be. Besides, middle school is a great opportunity for you to write angsty poems and stories. So is high school, but we can talk about that in a few years.
05-19-2013 03:27 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Is middle school that different from high school? schoolsux 15 6,718 11-15-2015 04:42 PM
Last Post: no
  Transitioning from middle school to high school Username 5 3,122 04-24-2015 07:43 AM
Last Post: brainiac3397
  Rethinking Middle School xcriteria 1 1,920 01-09-2015 03:54 PM
Last Post: James Comey
  A therapist goes to middle school and tries to sit still and focus. xcriteria 8 4,389 12-21-2014 01:49 AM
Last Post: Trekkie_Aspie
  Middle School Teachers v.s. Highschool Teachers Falsalm 6 5,726 01-01-2014 04:15 PM
Last Post: Falsalm
  John Green on Middle School Misery Night 6 6,520 12-04-2013 12:26 PM
Last Post: James Comey
  I hate middle school Camelman 6 4,527 10-15-2013 01:09 PM
Last Post: brainiac3397
  Middle school has already proved to be another hell Roboka 25 20,508 09-09-2013 04:45 AM
Last Post: xcriteria
  What's middle school like? bronzebird 19 7,372 08-02-2013 01:15 PM
Last Post: Alucard483
  I don't know which middle school to go to? тωιѕтє∂ 2 2,585 01-28-2013 10:36 PM
Last Post: Heil_Kaiba8921