RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lying and Misinformation About Drugs
Subb Offline
Music Nerd

Given 317 thank(s) in 184 post(s)

So recently, I had a project for Health. It was an Anti-Drug Presentation, and I chose LSD. The thing that I discovered was that LSD had no long term physical side effects, and that the other side effects were easily preventable. Because of this, I can't spin the facts in a way to discourage using it. This event made me think about how society treats drugs, and it reminds me of the Christians in Jesus Camp, thinking the ends justify the means.

Drugs are a subject that people need to make a INFORMED opinion about, not be lied to. I see lies about Weed in my curriculum, as well as many other drugs. I guess they just try to make Nicotine and Weed seem like Heroine and Cocaine, but that'll never work. Of coarse they don't say that no has died of cancer because of Marijuana use, they say that Marijuana has twice as many carcinogens. They KNOW the studies they cite are flawed, but they still cite them anyway. They KNOW that people add crap to cigarettes to make them as addicting as possible, but they still say that cigars and pipe tobacco is just as bad.

I understand you want to stop people from using drugs, but this shit isn't okay. What people need is EDUCATION about what they'll do with their OWN bodies. You can't try to control people using lies. That's unethical and disgusting. And as long as you spread your crap, I'll spread the truth.

Sub's Mental Log!
We've had a lot of fun, guys.
Fulltime Member, 2013-2014

RIP GWEDIN
RIP URITIYOGI
RIP NIGHT
RIP HANSGROHE
RIP VON
RIP WES
RIP USERNAME
05-15-2013 02:01 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dead Offline
Goon

Given 288 thank(s) in 176 post(s)

My school does the same thing. They also lie about the effects of alcohol. I mean really, they act like if you drink one beer then you're going to die. What kids need to learn is how to respect alcohol and how to be responsible while drinking it. This is because when the kids who were taught never to touch alcohol grow up, they start binge drinking. And they don't know how to handle it because they were never taught how to, they were just taught that alcohol is bad. Which, it really isn't. In some situations it's bad but it's not bad itself.

I don't know, just my two cents...
05-15-2013 05:03 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

Given 1469 thank(s) in 972 post(s)

If they told the truth about drugs to the best of their ability, I think even fewer people would use them.

A lack of evidence doesn't really convince anyone - all I know is, there are things I do not ever want in my system. Especially narcotics.

Public Service Announcement: First world problems are still problems.
05-15-2013 06:32 AM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Given 1983 thank(s) in 1428 post(s)

I don't think teaching about alcohol would change anything. We've known about it's effects for, oh about the beginning of history, and we haven't grown any smarter about it. But I agree that young ones should be educated on these things truthfully, rather than putting up a wall and not even talking about it. Humans are curious animals, and if they don't learn from another, they go straight for plan B(trial and error).

I too learned that LSD was actually not a horrifying drug(though what was bad about it was the one's cut with some unhealthy stuff). Course that doesn't excuse the CIA's secret operation of drugging people without their knowledge. And I know weed doesn't have much health effects, as far as researchers know, but it sure as hell makes people stupid, and I don't like stupid people.

But I have no intent of ingesting alcohol or any drug for recreational purposes(except caffeine and my own naturally made drugs. If it isn't medical necessity, out of last resort importance, then I'll have(with hesitation).

Personality DNA Report
(06-14-2013 08:02 AM)Potato Wrote:  watch the fuq out, we've got an "intellectual" over here.

Hidden stuff:
[Image: watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme-240x180.png]
Brainiac3397's Mental Health Status Log Wrote:[Image: l0Iy5HKskJO5XD3Wg.gif]
(This post was last modified: 05-15-2013 10:41 AM by brainiac3397.)
05-15-2013 10:40 AM
Subb Offline
Music Nerd

One study actually showed that LSD helps you solve problems easier. Need a new idea for a building? Well, walk through the entire history of architecture! Also, It treats cluster headaches.

I used to say that I don't want to ingest any type of drugs (except medicine and caffeine), but now I'm rethinking that philosophy. One thing that I decided, however, is that if and when weed gets legalized in my state, I would smoke it ONE TIME, to acknowledge that I am one of the first people in a while to smoke it without fear. Be a part of history, if you know what I mean.

Sub's Mental Log!

RIP GWEDIN
RIP URITIYOGI
RIP NIGHT
RIP HANSGROHE
RIP VON
RIP WES
RIP USERNAME
05-16-2013 10:12 AM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Given 1983 thank(s) in 1428 post(s)

Like I said on another thread, if I or anyone else did or wanted to do drugs, it'd be best and wise they chose something of superior quality(such as pure) no matter the cost.

Hence, If I was to ever do LSD, I'd make sure what I got wasn't mixed with something else(something tells me those sticker types that go on your tongue is 100% LSD).

Personality DNA Report
(06-14-2013 08:02 AM)Potato Wrote:  watch the fuq out, we've got an "intellectual" over here.

Hidden stuff:
[Image: watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme-240x180.png]
Brainiac3397's Mental Health Status Log Wrote:[Image: l0Iy5HKskJO5XD3Wg.gif]
05-16-2013 10:30 AM
TheCancer Offline
Fanatic

Given 568 thank(s) in 340 post(s)
RE: Lying and Misinformation About Drugs

Back in the day, LSD was the only drug potent enough to fit on piece of blotter (except for maybe some very rare exceptions). These days there are more research chemicals/synthetic drugs that can be distributed on a blotter and are probably much more dangerous. Also, although the possible psychological side effects of LSD and mushrooms may be minimized through proper set and setting, the possibility of complications are real and frightening. Don't try to kid yourselves into thinking LSD is safe. It has ruined quite a few lives. I highly recommend staying away from it at least until adulthood. It's some pretty heavy duty stuff.

If you want to be a different fish, you've got to jump out of the school.

Captain Beefheart
05-16-2013 11:09 AM
Subb Offline
Music Nerd

(05-16-2013 11:09 AM)TheCancer Wrote:  Back in the day, LSD was the only drug potent enough to fit on piece of blotter (except for maybe some very rare exceptions). These days there are more research chemicals/synthetic drugs that can be distributed on a blotter and are probably much more dangerous. Also, although the possible psychological side effects of LSD and mushrooms may be minimized through proper set and setting, the possibility of complications are real and frightening. Don't try to kid yourselves into thinking LSD is safe. It has ruined quite a few lives. I highly recommend staying away from it at least until adulthood. It's some pretty heavy duty stuff.

Oh, I'm not touching anything until adulthood. Also, I just expected LSD to cause cancer or something. I was surprised that it didn't do anything like that. It's heavy duty, but LSD isn't on par with meth or heroine. Also, LSD isn't at all appealing to me, lol.

Sub's Mental Log!

RIP GWEDIN
RIP URITIYOGI
RIP NIGHT
RIP HANSGROHE
RIP VON
RIP WES
RIP USERNAME
(This post was last modified: 05-16-2013 11:32 AM by Subb.)
05-16-2013 11:30 AM
thewake Offline
Unconstructive

Given 296 thank(s) in 201 post(s)

Lie: Meth is bad and addictive.
Truth: It's good for you, especially your teeth.

[Image: nAOqYk7.png]

[Image: USVWSwj.png]
05-16-2013 02:11 PM
Subb Offline
Music Nerd

(05-16-2013 02:11 PM)Wes Wrote:  Lie: Meth is bad and addictive.
Truth: It's good for you, especially your teeth.

I don't think overloading the pleasure sensors of the brain so that you can't feel happy anymore is healthy....

Anyway:

Myth: Nicotine is bad for you.
Fact: It enhances cognitive ability. (It's addictive so that stupid people can remember to take their medicine.)

Sub's Mental Log!

RIP GWEDIN
RIP URITIYOGI
RIP NIGHT
RIP HANSGROHE
RIP VON
RIP WES
RIP USERNAME
05-17-2013 01:30 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

Given 1469 thank(s) in 972 post(s)

^ Lol

Public Service Announcement: First world problems are still problems.
05-17-2013 06:50 AM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

Given 184 thank(s) in 127 post(s)

Myth: Absent has done every drug.
Truth: ...

Blog I post to now:
http://blog.darknedgy.net

Edfreedom.org -- An organization for more freedom in education.
http://www.edfreedom.org/join-us/
05-18-2013 10:34 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sunbourn Offline
Proud crazy cat man

Given 289 thank(s) in 192 post(s)

Quote:And I know weed doesn't have much health effects, as far as researchers know, but it sure as hell makes people stupid, and I don't like stupid people.
Marijuana makes you stupid? Or does it just so happen that a large subset of stupid people happen to smoke marijuana? Are you referring to chronic stupidity (pun intended) or temporary stupidity? Marijuana use shouldn't cause any chronic neurological issues as suggested by a number of studies. Memory, attention and neurological function are temporarily affected, but I don't really see any evidence to suggest that smoking weed causes long-term neurological problems in people who don't start until adulthood. http://www.goodtherapy.org/blog/cannabis...nt-0710122

Who am I? Who are YOU?
(This post was last modified: 05-21-2013 10:05 AM by Sunbourn.)
05-21-2013 10:00 AM