RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good Guy Greg moment. Kind of.
Dirtbikemike Offline
Balls denser than a White Dwarf

Given 78 thank(s) in 45 post(s)

One girl. ONE. Not a few people. ONE GIRL in our class was texting so our teacher decided to take everyone phones away. Put them all in a box and let us take them back after class.

Well, I was feeling very, very annoyed by authority today so I said no. He sent me out to the hall for a bit while he collected everyone's phones. Then the threats started. He started, in stride and the door still closing, by yelling in his big "scary" voice, "Ok I'm going to tell you, give me your phone."

I said no. Then he started by trying to make me feel bad by saying that I don't have to make this a big deal. I wasn't. I could have said no and he could have kept going around to other people. Then he threatened me with my grades by saying he would fail me if I didn't give him my phone. I paused for a second, swallowed hard, and asked if he had the authority to do that. He quickly changed it to him having authority to take my phone but we carried on without saying anything about grades again.

Never meet a kid that wasn't afraid to fail a class, huh? Nice empty threat you bastard.

He must have decided that I wasn't going to budge so he decided to compromise but threw a really dick move into it. "Okay, how about I give everyone's phones back," I smile, nod my head, and open the door "and you put yours in the box."

WAIT WAIT WAIT. HOOO NO! I did not agree to THAT.

I stop in the doorway and tell him that I didn't agree with his second term. He then shoved me into the room (hard enough to get me in but not hard enough to make me want to start more shit) so I picked up the box with everyone's phones in it and started to hand them out.

Surprised looks and a bunch of "Wait, what just happened out there?"

[Image: ogmkps.jpg]

I finished handing out all of the phones then tried to sit down. Nope. "Now put your phone in the box." Considering I just got everyone else's back, I did it. Then he laughed and told me to take it back. I did and went to my seat.

Then I explained what happened to the class after he left the room, everyone thought I was a douche for what I said.

Ok. Feel that in your pocket? The $400 phone I just got back to you? You're fucking welcome.

UPDATE: School year has been over for a bit but I thought I'd add -- I passed his class. He didn't have the balls to fail me.

Balls of Steel:
Hidden stuff:
(01-13-2012 10:37 AM)UnschoolShqiponjë Wrote:  Mike you deserve an SS medal. Here, be proud:
[Image: BallsofSteel2.png]
Congrats for doing something I never had the balls to do.
If you have kids, save them from the bullshit you are forced to go through.
(01-25-2012 05:36 AM)UnschoolShqiponjë Wrote:  Balls of steel re-awarded. 
(02-07-2012 03:22 PM)flann Wrote:  Balls of Tungsten, now.

I found a picture for tungsten balls
http://bit.ly/xqd1zk

(02-14-2012 03:17 PM)Maelstrom Wrote:  Your balls are denser than white dwarf star matter.
(03-13-2012 08:27 PM)M3116 Wrote:  Balls of steel re-re-reawarded Nutter

(05-14-2013 03:01 PM)Prince Darkstar Wrote:  Dirtbikemike is the only guy I know of on here who won an argument with a teacher.
(This post was last modified: 06-30-2013 12:43 PM by Dirtbikemike.)
04-24-2013 09:49 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Alistoriv , Ky
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Given 1983 thank(s) in 1428 post(s)

Wait. The students were annoyed you helped get their phone back?

And I'm disappointed your Hope for Humanity meter increased so much...

Personality DNA Report
(06-14-2013 08:02 AM)Potato Wrote:  watch the fuq out, we've got an "intellectual" over here.

Hidden stuff:
[Image: watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme-240x180.png]
Brainiac3397's Mental Health Status Log Wrote:[Image: l0Iy5HKskJO5XD3Wg.gif]
04-24-2013 10:32 AM
Dirtbikemike Offline

RE: Good Guy Greg moment. Kind of.

(04-24-2013 10:32 AM)brainiac3397 Wrote:  Wait. The students were annoyed you helped get their phone back?

And I'm disappointed your Hope for Humanity meter increased so much...

Yes. They thought the way I handled it was "douchey" and that him taking our phones "isn't that big of a deal"

I felt better yesterday so I put it higher. Should change that.

Balls of Steel:
Hidden stuff:
(01-13-2012 10:37 AM)UnschoolShqiponjë Wrote:  Mike you deserve an SS medal. Here, be proud:

(02-14-2012 03:17 PM)Maelstrom Wrote:  Your balls are denser than white dwarf star matter.

(05-14-2013 03:01 PM)Prince Darkstar Wrote:  Dirtbikemike is the only guy I know of on here who won an argument with a teacher.
04-24-2013 12:33 PM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Now you're talking with the meter, after this event.

Maybe next time you can keep your phone while they lose theirs. It's obvious that those students have basically neared the completion phase of mental brainwashing by the institution. They'll make perfect workers once they finish school, blind slaves to "The Man" and enemies to those who are free.

That or they're just plain fools who can only think as far ahead as the next day, too narrow-minded to see the bigger picture or how they are being easily "guided" by external factors such as the school administration.

It happens sometimes in my school, where students believe that the issue isn't a big deal. But I honestly believe they fail to realize the meaning of what is happening. It's like strategy, for example chess. The movement of a single pawn at that turn seems innocent enough, but the one who loses fails to think of the moves that come after, or the true intent of that "innocent ploy".

Yet nobody minds when they make a big deal of nothing and anyone that points out their logical fallacy in worrying is their enemy and a "douche". Very strange indeed.

Personality DNA Report
(06-14-2013 08:02 AM)Potato Wrote:  watch the fuq out, we've got an "intellectual" over here.

Hidden stuff:
04-24-2013 12:52 PM
AwesomeOpossum Offline
Wizard

Given 10 thank(s) in 7 post(s)

What the hell is wrong with them? I would be so happy if I was in that class! It doesn't seem like you said anything remotely douchey. Next time I wouldn't do anything nice for any of those people who called you a douche.
04-25-2013 08:26 AM
Dirtbikemike Offline

(04-25-2013 08:26 AM)AwesomeOpossum Wrote:  What the hell is wrong with them? I would be so happy if I was in that class! It doesn't seem like you said anything remotely douchey. Next time I wouldn't do anything nice for any of those people who called you a douche.

It was because the teacher said that we could wait the whole period waiting for me to give him my phone. So I told him I would. Then we sat there for a bit and I said "So how about them Buccos?" As a joke. When I told everyone in the class that, one girl said "Wow that's so douchey." And a bunch of others chimed in "yeah!"

Balls of Steel:
Hidden stuff:

04-25-2013 10:19 AM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Ah. Just some foolish mob mentality thing.

I always love watching such things in action, how an outburst with no logical backing suddenly gains mass popularity amongst a crowd simply because they were unable to think/say anything first. From the classroom, to the the national level, such occurs and is quite entertaining.

Plus, their bound to forget or already have forgotten. Mob mentality tends to cause loss of memory of the event till actively reminded since none of them actually thought of a reply.

Personality DNA Report

Hidden stuff:
04-25-2013 10:39 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  A Moment you'd change Softspoken 18 6,394 08-12-2015 01:25 PM
Last Post: brainiac3397
  Imagine for a moment... Asder Miller The Second 9 4,798 09-08-2013 10:40 AM
Last Post: Lime
  That awesome moment Dead 12 5,581 09-03-2013 01:36 PM
Last Post: James Comey
  best moment in skoo i've had in a while Heil_Kaiba8921 2 2,624 10-20-2012 01:23 AM
Last Post: Heil_Kaiba8921