RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Items that could be shoplifted?
..V.. Offline
Party Rebel

Given 40 thank(s) in 29 post(s)

Things that could be shoplifted.

04-24-2013 08:15 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Desu Offline
Fanatic

Given 340 thank(s) in 182 post(s)

If I need a new pen or something, I just stop by Walmart, stick one in my pocket, walk out. Done that multiple times. Also stolen headphones before when the cat ate mine.

Drinks are easy to steal. I always steal one of those refrigerated drinks. Just take it out, hold it in your hand, but don't head immediately to the nearest exit, go to the opposite one. Don't be all shifty and shit, take it and leave. Go whenever it's busy, they're going to be stopping carts.

It helps to be clean-shaven, wearing decent clothing, walk with your head high and look like you have somewhere important to be. And don't be with your faggot teenage friends when you're shoplifting.

Pretty much anything small you can stick in your pocket is easily shoplifted.

RIP GORE GOROTH

He was an hero. He will always be remembered.
04-24-2013 09:41 AM
 Thanks given by: Yato
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

Given 184 thank(s) in 127 post(s)
RE: Items that could be shoplifted?

I know a guy named JEROME who has shoplifted a flatscreen tv from wallmart before.

Blog I post to now:
http://blog.darknedgy.net

Edfreedom.org -- An organization for more freedom in education.
http://www.edfreedom.org/join-us/
04-24-2013 09:48 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Given 1983 thank(s) in 1428 post(s)

(04-24-2013 09:48 AM)Absentinsomniac Wrote:  I know a guy named JEROME who has shoplifted a flatscreen tv from wallmart before.

Where did he stick it?

Tsk.Tsk. Shoplifting is a crime. Onto the plank with ye! Pirate

Personality DNA Report
(06-14-2013 08:02 AM)Potato Wrote:  watch the fuq out, we've got an "intellectual" over here.

Hidden stuff:
[Image: watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme-240x180.png]
Brainiac3397's Mental Health Status Log Wrote:[Image: l0Iy5HKskJO5XD3Wg.gif]
04-24-2013 09:53 AM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

It was a multifacited plot with more than one person involved. JEROME has job so he's not involved in these sorts of things anymore but JEROME doesn't like to give away trade secrets, especially not online.

w/e w/e

Blog I post to now:

04-24-2013 09:55 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
..V.. Offline
Party Rebel

How do you shoplift something when there is a scanner on it?

04-24-2013 09:58 AM
 Thanks given by: The man
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

Ignore the alarm and deal with the security or remove/deactivate/render useless the RFID chip.

Blog I post to now:

(This post was last modified: 04-24-2013 10:02 AM by Absnt.)
04-24-2013 10:01 AM
 Thanks given by: Yato
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Let me guess:
[Image: RunLikeHell2.jpg]

Personality DNA Report
(06-14-2013 08:02 AM)Potato Wrote:  watch the fuq out, we've got an "intellectual" over here.

Hidden stuff:
04-24-2013 10:11 AM
Desu Offline
Fanatic

Given 340 thank(s) in 182 post(s)

I used to be a cashier at Walmart.

Only certain items will set off the alarm: ALL electronics, certain really expensive food items (like weird vitamin shit that is $40 or something), really expensive toiletries/make up... that's pretty much it. I think certain tools from the hardware department will set off the alarm. Everything else is up for grabs.

When these items that are secured are scanned, the security is automatically deactivated.

Also those cameras? Half the time those fucking things don't work, but at some stores they do so just assume they work.

Btw, I've stolen tons of food from Walmart over the years. Probably at least $1000 worth by now. It's insanely easy and I don't even think about it. I often stop into Walmart for a free snack. It's amazing.

RIP GORE GOROTH

He was an hero. He will always be remembered.
04-24-2013 10:30 AM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Well, I guess you follow the literal meaning then?:
[Image: snickking0605.jpg]

Personality DNA Report

Hidden stuff:
04-24-2013 10:34 AM
 Thanks given by: up all night got demons to fight
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

There's also news of kids who got busted for attempting to shop lift at wallmart in the local papers every week, so. Ever heard of los prevention agents? Ever heard of shrink reduction? I work in a grocery store, so I'm pretty familiar with the ins and outs. All of our cameras are operational and are stored on servers. Even if you get caught on camera though, you could probably come back into the store a week later and nobody would know. (At least, for now, pretty sure they're working on facial recognition and cross-retail-chain shoplifter databases.)

Most employees are not supposed to physically stop you, they are supposed to report to someone who will call a LP agent or security or something.

Also JEROME once walked out of wallmart with a 15 dollar pair of gloves, the alarm didn't go off, but when he looked at the tag it had an RFID chip in it. Got lucky that time... JEROME has only had the alarm go off on him like twice and both times were intentional.

I wouldn't steal from my workplace though. The more shit we lose, the less hours I get. Srsly, they cut our hours based on how much goes missing, it's fucking bullshit. I guess they only get a finite amount for payroll or something.

Also quickchanging cashiers is kind of fucked up they can get fired and shit.

Blog I post to now:

(This post was last modified: 04-24-2013 10:53 AM by Absnt.)
04-24-2013 10:51 AM
..V.. Offline
Party Rebel

Shoplifting food won't go off? How about headphones?

04-24-2013 10:52 AM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

You really want headphones don't you...

Personality DNA Report

Hidden stuff:
04-24-2013 10:53 AM
..V.. Offline
Party Rebel

Just asking, because if I could then I could shoplift other things.

04-24-2013 10:56 AM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

(04-24-2013 10:52 AM)Këîtágâmìî Wrote:  Shoplifting food won't go off? How about headphones?

Produce will not go off, neither will candy or bread or any of that sort in my experience. Some headphones might, depending on the price. If they are the ear-bud kind of headphones then I would take them out of the package and ditch the plastic in an isle behind some shit or throw it away. Keep in mind that the electronics department is the most watched area so find a blind spot (see: shoe isle) before getting it out of it's packaging. JEROME used to carry around razor's taped on one end (to prevent cutting JEROMES self), but that up's the stakes because if caught you can be charged with "premeditative theft" instead of just impulse stealing.

Blog I post to now:

04-24-2013 10:59 AM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Huh. It actually just occurred to me that it makes sense that produce, candy and/or bread will not set off an alarm.(thanks to the reply)

Not only do they have cameras in the electronics area, but also more "employees" who walk around to give assistance, and most likely thwart any attempted theft. You can tell by the way they eye you as you eye a product...

Personality DNA Report

Hidden stuff:
04-24-2013 11:18 AM
Sunbourn Offline
Proud crazy cat man

Given 289 thank(s) in 192 post(s)

(04-24-2013 10:59 AM)Absentinsomniac Wrote:  
(04-24-2013 10:52 AM)Këîtágâmìî Wrote:  Shoplifting food won't go off? How about headphones?

Produce will not go off, neither will candy or bread or any of that sort in my experience. Some headphones might, depending on the price. If they are the ear-bud kind of headphones then I would take them out of the package and ditch the plastic in an isle behind some shit or throw it away. Keep in mind that the electronics department is the most watched area so find a blind spot (see: shoe isle) before getting it out of it's packaging. JEROME used to carry around razor's taped on one end (to prevent cutting JEROMES self), but that up's the stakes because if caught you can be charged with "premeditative theft" instead of just impulse stealing.

Like shit the shoe isle is gonna be a blind spot. People detag shoes, put them on and walk out all the time. LP is aware of this. Pick a different isle.

If you'e gonna shoplift make sure you're a clean cut white guy. Loss prevention agents -do- profile. If you're black or another minority, they're gonna eye you. If you're black with saggy pants, they won't take their eyes off of you. If you're a well-dressed white guy with a short hair cut, they probably won't even notice you unless you do something really blatant. The best advice anybody will ever give you on shoplifting is to not be a nigger.

Who am I? Who are YOU?
04-24-2013 11:22 AM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

JEROME has personally used the shoe isle in wallmart twice, and it was the only place within like 30 feet a Camera wasn't pointing and there weren't any customers lurking. This isn't a shoe store, it's wallmart. When Jerome got his 60 (I think) dollar kicks from the mall he just wrapped 'em up in his jacket and left lol. He still wears them to this day Smile

But I agree being white is definitely an advantage. And wearing normal clothes. Don't wear "gangster" clothes or those flat brim hats or anything.

Also I believe stealing should be out of necessity not for the rush or for excess. If you really need something go for it, but if you don't I don't really think it's worth it. If you get busted, I'm pretty sure your job prospects are going to be pretty dim. I guess if you're still a minor your record will be sealed, but still... If you have to get a job that makes you sign a waiver for that sort of thing, like a security clerance or something...

Blog I post to now:

(This post was last modified: 04-24-2013 12:24 PM by Absnt.)
04-24-2013 12:21 PM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

I find that after speaking with an employee or two, in sight of others, it seems to "distract" them in the sense they don't prioritize you. I guess it's assumed your a legitimate shopper if you aren't avoiding staff.

Not that many respectable criminals nowadays though. You know, the nicely dressed man who is totally confident in his abilities and quite charismatic. Hell, even con artists have gone down hill.

It's like the difference between this guy:
[Image: Comparison-on-White-Collar-Mentalist.jpg]

And this guy:
[Image: 6851268-a-sleazy-car-salesman-con-man-re...arette.jpg]

I don't know about you, but the latter would cause my mind to set off the "sleaze bag" alarm.

I guess nobody really wants to put the effort into being a good looking criminal XD

Personality DNA Report

Hidden stuff:
04-24-2013 12:42 PM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

Yeah. I mean, there are professionals. JEROME knew of an outlet where they trained shoplifters, they would get the goods, bring it back to a place in philly where they would fence it, and they would get a cut of the spoils. A year ago in the news an 18 wheeler was discovered with over one million dollars worth of shoplifted material in it, too. So yeah, there are professionals, but you don't really hear about them much. Because, ya'know, they're proffessionals.

JEROME doesn't like most of the people within the criminal ranks though. Like 70% of them are incompetent and liable to get you cought, and most of them will rat you out if caught to reduce jail time and shit. The whole idea of Neil and his palls being "ethical theives" isn't realistic. Plus he has so many skills that take dozens of years to perfect each it'd be impossible to master them all, even if you were some sort of savant.

Eh, JEROME saw a con go down the other day at work. Guy got away with 250 bucks. The cashier knew she was getting ripped but didn't have the balls to say anything. I think a lot of crime happens because employees are afraid to do anything and the criminals are dick enough to actually bully people like that because they are addicted. I think something like 80%+ of crime occurs because of addiction as opposed to organized crime these days. Meh. JEROME's out of that business, to quote a rapper, JEROME says, "I've done dirt, but never made news", and now he's out trying to build instead of destroy. Unless building requires destroying lolololo, but mostly it doesn't.

Blog I post to now:

04-24-2013 01:10 PM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

I watched a documentary on some criminal in Europe that was impossible to find, till he made a foolish mistake. He ended going back to the country where the police were on the look-out for him, with a squad watching the Lamborghini he came back for. It was funny because they didn't think such a professional criminal would make such an amateur mistake of coming back. He obviously ended up getting caught when the cops saw him hop into his Lamborghini.

Sure, there are no "ethical thieves" as thievery can't be inhibited by ethics. However, there are certain levels thieves would go to. For one, murder or possession of a weapon tends to aggravate the crime of theft. Yet most thieves enjoy the thrill of the violence.

But usually crimes of necessity(or thefts in this case and most cases) tend to be less direct and more evasive, unless the person reaches a point where jail doesn't sound like a bad option or they're necessity is for want or addiction. It's hard finding a bad guy who you can actually respect, even a little. Now they're just thugs, gangbangers, junkies or utter sleaze bags. Course this also makes it easier to catch them...

Personality DNA Report

Hidden stuff:
04-24-2013 01:29 PM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

Agreed. There are lines that shouldn't be crossed, even (or maybe especially?) if oen chooses a life of questionable morality...

Blog I post to now:

04-24-2013 02:54 PM
Night Offline
Queen Mod

Given 372 thank(s) in 211 post(s)

Everything can be shoplifted if you do it right and have a little bit of luck.

If you've ever been to target and I'm sure other stores I'm sure you've seen those locked things. Not the things locked in glass, those are a much different thing. But those bars with the lock on it that have like mp3 players on it and headphones sometimes. Those things you have to get a staff to unlock for you.

I've stolen several things off of those without getting caught. Right in front of several cameras. You just cut the plastic of the case, hide it in your jacket if you can, take it to the bathroom and then take everything you need out of the packaging. You have to take them out of the packaging because that's where they keep the chip that makes the alarms go off when you leave. Throw the packaging away, put a decent amount of paper towel over them. And your done.

I'm a girl ffffeck
Hidden stuff:
04-24-2013 04:23 PM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

^ Pretty much but a lot of wallmarts have a person stationed near the bathrooms and LP's watch out for that. JABRONE has used the bathroom before, but if they see you go in with something and don't see you come out with it...

Just watch your ass. Contrary to popular belief it doesn't matter how well planned it is, nothing is certain in these situations. Too many variables, you can't plan for everything, even the best get caught sometimes.

Blog I post to now:

(This post was last modified: 04-25-2013 02:14 AM by Absnt.)
04-25-2013 02:14 AM
Night Offline
Queen Mod

Given 372 thank(s) in 211 post(s)

The only time I was ever caught shoplifting was at big y and I was stealing some nail polish. And I got stopped by those stupid security guards that they have dress like regular people.

Anyways I haven't really done much shoplifting in a while. I even started helping Target managers catch shoplifters with my friends sometimes. We do that because where I live Target is the ONLY place for kids my age to hang out and it's kind of an unspoken agreement between us to not get kicked out all the time. Works.

I'm a girl ffffeck
Hidden stuff:
04-25-2013 03:29 AM
..V.. Offline
Party Rebel

Should you carry something that could take the packaging off?

04-26-2013 12:46 AM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

JEROME has, but like I said, I'm pretty sure it'll increase the penalty if caught. Also if you suspect you're going to get caught, ditch the stuff it's not worth it. Also if it's too late to ditch the stuff and you're getting called out, fucking run lol.

But JEROME always did if his target was in plastic. Otherwise how would one get to it quickly without making a scene?

Blog I post to now:

04-26-2013 04:11 AM
Alucard483 Offline
Site Mod

Given 92 thank(s) in 65 post(s)

Dont shoplift headphonea. You will get caught

Whilst some work diligently there are those who ask why. I am one of them
(\__/) This is Bunny. Paste Bunny into your signature
(='.'=) to help him gain world domination.
(")_(")
Soul#2: I already have a grip. Doc:and a porno mag and a tube of lube I'm sure"
Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
This has been a test of the emergency pointless argument system. Had this been a real pointless argument, someone would have been called a facist.
Ceiling Cat: For that you need to wear a fursuit, though.

Inside sources say that Carla Franklin has had more dick in her than a public urinal.
04-26-2013 05:48 AM
Trapacity Offline
Just a Squib

Given 21 thank(s) in 18 post(s)

Just please don't use deodorant and stick it back on the shelf. I just recently bought a stick without checking (even though I thought about it, but decided against it for whatever fucktard of a reason) and got really pissed. Not that I didn't use it at home, but its just disgusting.
04-26-2013 12:17 PM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

0_o

That...is nasty.

Personality DNA Report

Hidden stuff:
04-26-2013 12:55 PM