RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bedtimes
HawkbitAlpha Offline
Pariah

Given 95 thank(s) in 67 post(s)
Bedtimes

This is the thing I hate most about school nights. You're forced to go to bed at a set time, and not doing so is the greatest crime of mankind.

RIP GWEDIN (2013-2017)
RIP URITIYOGI (2016-2017)
RIP NIGHT (2009-2017)
RIP VONUNOV (2008-2017)
RIP WES/THEWAKE (2007-2017)
RIP USERNAME (2013-2017)
RIP HAWKBIT (2013-2017)
RIP SS

"Write me a little report of [my video], so I know you watched it, or you get another warning. One of my other goals is to make this forum a bit of my own class...So, tell me, how you feel about the new rule of having you do homework? Or you get another warning. So, do you want to do this or not?...Please send a PM and tell me if you're willing or not. I will probably give you 24 hours to send the PM. No PM will indicate to me that, no, you don't want to do things in this new way. So, you will be saying goodbye."
-Stevehein, promise-maker and Führer moderator of SJW-Survival, 2017

Hidden stuff:
04-22-2013 03:46 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Unknown-Creation Offline
Forever Watching

Given 8 thank(s) in 8 post(s)
RE: Bedtimes

Either that, or you just have trouble falling asleep until midnight or later. Then it'll bite you in the butt in the morning.

I often forget about the existence of the thanks button on these forums...

If my writing happens to be too sporadic, too brief, or missing information, call me out on it.

"The inner machinations of my mind are an enigma."
~ Patrick Star
04-22-2013 04:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Given 1983 thank(s) in 1428 post(s)
Bedtimes

What's a school night? <_<

Oh right. It's what you call that thing where you have school the next day. Yeah, I never call it that because it makes absolutely no FREAKING sense.

Today is a school night, or a work night, or a vacation night, maybe it's a sleep night. How about a medical night, or coma night, or dead night? Perhaps it's a windy night, or rainy night, or bright night, or lack of night(for those on the poles during those certain times of the year). How about a presidential night? a parental night? a wedding night or dinner night or party night or night of the living dead? a jail night, a war night, a good night, a hot night, a naughty night, a drunk night. We even have midNIGHT. Or family night, or just the night?

Nope. It's not a school night. It's a day before another day of school and nothing more or nothing less.

Personality DNA Report
(06-14-2013 08:02 AM)Potato Wrote:  watch the fuq out, we've got an "intellectual" over here.

Hidden stuff:
[Image: watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme-240x180.png]
Brainiac3397's Mental Health Status Log Wrote:[Image: l0Iy5HKskJO5XD3Wg.gif]
(This post was last modified: 04-23-2013 03:36 AM by brainiac3397.)
04-23-2013 03:36 AM
Damon Offline
Pissed off Englishman who eats red buses

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)
Bedtimes

I agree with Brainiac XD it's a great way to look at it
04-23-2013 08:34 AM
Sunbourn Offline
Proud crazy cat man

Given 289 thank(s) in 192 post(s)

It's next to impossible for me to fall asleep any earlier than 11:30 on any given night, and school for me starts at 7:20. Therefore I have to be up by 6:30 if I want to rush to get ready, and 6:10 if I intend on taking a morning shower. This definitely isn't enough time for me to sleep at night, and going to bed earlier is not a possible compromise because of my circadian rhythm. Fuck you whoever decided that going to school so early was a good idea.

Who am I? Who are YOU?
04-24-2013 03:15 AM
HawkbitAlpha Offline
Pariah

Bedtimes

I love how middle schools just tell you to go to bed early. Hello?! Most of us are all-nighters (like me), so that creates more problems than it solves. It's the reason I lose sleep since I'm not tired.

RIP GWEDIN (2013-2017)
RIP NIGHT (2009-2017)
RIP VONUNOV (2008-2017)
RIP USERNAME (2013-2017)
RIP HAWKBIT (2013-2017)
RIP SS

"Write me a little report of [my video], so I know you watched it, or you get another warning. One of my other goals is to make this forum a bit of my own class...So, tell me, how you feel about the new rule of having you do homework? Or you get another warning. So, do you want to do this or not?...Please send a PM and tell me if you're willing or not. I will probably give you 24 hours to send the PM. No PM will indicate to me that, no, you don't want to do things in this new way. So, you will be saying goodbye."

Hidden stuff:
04-24-2013 05:06 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Trar Away
R.I.P.

Given 189 thank(s) in 125 post(s)
Bedtimes

To me, the description of "school night" is simply a convenient way to define a night before school. And while I was never a fan of the bedtimes, most people will need a decent amount of sleep (if they don't have to wake up at 6 in the morning anyway) if they're going to keep a level head and resist authority.
(This post was last modified: 04-24-2013 11:27 PM by Trar.)
04-24-2013 11:27 PM
Trapacity Offline
Just a Squib

Given 21 thank(s) in 18 post(s)
Bedtimes

I vaguely remember our school board talking about swapping the school hours for elementary school and middle/high school a few years ago, meaning that elementary would start at 7:20 and middle/high would start at 8:20.

They said because young kids don't need AS much sleep as pre-teen, teenagers do, which is just a easy way to say that our sleep habits are much shittier than kids' sleeping habits. Which is typically true, for the most part.

Reason why this isn't really that bad of an idea? Every Monday (at least on a full week) we have something called a "power Monday" which is basically when school starts an hour late. And since there's no point in being at school when I don't need to, I take that extra hour to sleep in. Honestly, I feel more refreshed on those days.

Either way, its silly to have a "bedtime". Its just a way for parents to make sure that you don't disturb them when they're still awake... ahem you know where I'm going with this. Besides, who's to tell me that sleeping in class isn't more productive than sleeping at night? I call BS.
04-25-2013 12:30 AM
HawkbitAlpha Offline
Pariah

(04-25-2013 12:30 AM)Trapacity Wrote:  Besides, who's to tell me that sleeping in class isn't more productive than sleeping at night? I call BS.

Asder Miller will.

Rofl

RIP GWEDIN (2013-2017)
RIP NIGHT (2009-2017)
RIP VONUNOV (2008-2017)
RIP USERNAME (2013-2017)
RIP HAWKBIT (2013-2017)
RIP SS

Hidden stuff:
04-25-2013 12:42 AM
Trapacity Offline
Just a Squib

Given 21 thank(s) in 18 post(s)
Bedtimes

Never thought I'd say this but Google didn't help. The fuck is Asden Miller?

Edit: Never mind. ^_^
(This post was last modified: 04-25-2013 01:05 AM by Trapacity.)
04-25-2013 12:59 AM
HawkbitAlpha Offline
Pariah

Bedtimes

http://forums.school-survival.net/member...e&uid=3619

RIP GWEDIN (2013-2017)
RIP NIGHT (2009-2017)
RIP VONUNOV (2008-2017)
RIP USERNAME (2013-2017)
RIP HAWKBIT (2013-2017)
RIP SS

Hidden stuff:
04-25-2013 01:06 AM
Night Offline
Queen Mod

Given 372 thank(s) in 211 post(s)

I usually go to bed at like 5 AM.. Or noon. Yeah.

I'm a girl ffffeck
Hidden stuff:
04-25-2013 03:37 AM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Given 1983 thank(s) in 1428 post(s)
Bedtimes

The latest I've ever slept when I had school the next day was probably 6:30 AM and I woke up at 7:00 AM, on the same day. Was sleeping over at a friends house with other friends. Usually such things end with pizza eating and all-night video game session. It was fun though.

Personality DNA Report
(06-14-2013 08:02 AM)Potato Wrote:  watch the fuq out, we've got an "intellectual" over here.

Hidden stuff:
[Image: watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme-240x180.png]
Brainiac3397's Mental Health Status Log Wrote:[Image: l0Iy5HKskJO5XD3Wg.gif]
04-25-2013 08:25 AM