RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I stood up to my languages teacher
Damon Offline
Pissed off Englishman who eats red buses

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

My language teacher is by far one of the vilest women I have ever had to encounter. I have told her time and time again that I do not wish to continue doing the course. Well, obviously she wont "let me off the hook" that easily, but it was her who stopped me from changing the course. I could be doing something significant like music instead of that course which I am failing at. It was early in the course and she said it was too late. She humiliates me in front of the entire class, and then has the nerve to set me homework to do at home. If I can't be fucked to do work at school then why do it at home? Fuck her!

I'm too shy and too polite, I feel bad for saying bad things to anyone. I don't want to make a scene either, so I'm pretty subtle with the way I'm handling it. I wrote a note in my art portfolio exercise book; demanding to be taken off of the exam and to be left alone in future, and that I did not want her "support" anymore. If she ignores this or becomes angry by it then I will become less patient and maybe not turn up for her lessons at all. I honestly have better things to be doing.

Being in her lesson wouldn't bother me, but she is so bitchy to me. Nice to the other inmates people in my class, but is fucking vile to me. She threatened to punish me for drawing, which is another reason why I fucking hate her. No-one takes that privilege away from me.

I need some help, guys/ladies, am I doing this right or am I just driving myself into a heap of stinky shit?
04-22-2013 06:57 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

Get your parents to talk to her?

Or just don't go to her class, go to music class instead (or whatever other class you'd rather be in).

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
04-22-2013 08:36 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Unknown-Creation Offline
Forever Watching

Given 8 thank(s) in 8 post(s)
RE: I stood up to my languages teacher

I agree with SoulRiser on this. Don't turn up for her class, and go to the one you would rather be in.

I often forget about the existence of the thanks button on these forums...

If my writing happens to be too sporadic, too brief, or missing information, call me out on it.

"The inner machinations of my mind are an enigma."
~ Patrick Star
04-22-2013 03:24 PM
Heil_Kaiba8921 Offline
It's also a gun.

Given 109 thank(s) in 93 post(s)
RE: I stood up to my languages teacher

If you just go to another class, that teacher MIGHT send you to the office for skipping or just take you back to her room. I think you should make friends with a teacher that has a prep period during your class and hang out with them and tell them about everything she's done first.

The less you try to control things, the less you need to.

Boredom is the #1 enemy of learning. Therefore, school is the #1 enemy of learning.

"Bodies fucking fuck."~Night.Artist

[Image: 41433.png][Image: 14362714_1336391025.png]

Hidden stuff:
[Image: asschart.jpg]
Hidden stuff:

"free speech under the constitution only guarantees the government won't stop him saying it and does not guarantee his right to say things and have no consequences at all as a result. also i completely doubt that he is motivated solely by "i'm saying it because i can" and is probably motivated by a more shitheady motive like "i think it's funny to annoy people and Rustle Le Jimmies™ and is just hiding behind the first amendment to try to deflect any consequences or make you realize that being allowed to annoy people is a superior moral right. you can still disdain someone for doing things for dumbarse wankery purposes and you have evne more right to ban and insult them for it" ~Trar's friend about Potato.

Thanks for the diploma… can I have my childhood back?

I’d love to have a battle of wits with you… but I hate to fight the unarmed.
04-22-2013 07:26 PM
Damon Offline
Pissed off Englishman who eats red buses

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

I can't just go to anyone's lesson as I please. The music teacher will not let me into her class, believe me I've tried. I get a strange timetable when its languages day. It goes either

Languages
Languages
Break
History
History
Lunch
Languages

or

History
History
Break
Language
Language
Lunch
History.

I like history, and that's the reason I put up with her lessons. I'd love to just bunk her lessons as I wish but she would notice that I was missing for her lessons but turned up for others. I usually bunk all of the other lessons I don't like but there's not much of a way out of languages. She also knows this and uses this as her advantage. She KNOWS when I'm avoiding the lesson. I don't give a baboons ass hole if she calls my family about it, but I don't want loads of detentions on my record. I want to get into college, but not put up with her stupid shit.
04-23-2013 07:38 AM
Trar Away
R.I.P.

Given 189 thank(s) in 125 post(s)

Just skipping her class would send a message, but they probably won't get it. That, or interpret it all wrong. Either way you'll probably get in a heap of trouble, and I'm not sure if anyone will listen to your grievances then. You might consider it as a last resort after lodging complaints with the school administration, or talking to your parents about it. You can say that at least you tried!

Sometimes with issues like this you have to stand up and be heard. Just saying.
04-27-2013 01:23 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  I STOOD UP TO A TEACHER HAHA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA 0 1,339 01-14-2017 04:52 AM
Last Post: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
  I stood up for once and got Saturday detention for it Miller0700 36 14,519 05-02-2013 07:27 AM
Last Post: EntityCubed
  So I Stood Outside For 30 Minutes Ky 15 7,465 12-19-2012 02:27 AM
Last Post: Heil_Kaiba8921
  So I stood up..........sorta M3116 16 7,794 02-22-2012 12:16 AM
Last Post: fish20