RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Am I crazy or this might be real.?
Reflect Offline
Rebel

Given 6 thank(s) in 3 post(s)

So this is gonna be kinda long. (can be quite entertaining...)

Hey, this doesn't have to do with anything on surviving school but I believe it some how relates? mhmhmhmh

Just wanted to share my thoughts.

I won't be very specific but here it goes. (12th grade btw)

So I have this teacher, and I some how feel like he's giving ummm...how to say it..special treatment to one of his students?

Ok, so he's a grown man (about his 40's), and the thing is, I have a friend in that class, who I must say is very pretty (it's a girl). And every time I see him talking to her as in kind of a flirting i suppose? Like talking to her in a calm flirty mood (I know what flirting is, and the way he looks at her...I hope you guys know what I'm talking about). About 90% of class time, he is near her, the rest of the time he stands next to the board, teaching. And I see every time how he approaches her and starts talking.

The thing is, the way he acts towards my friend (calm, nice, smiling) isn't the same way as he acts towards other students.

So one time, my friend asked him a question about the work he assigned to us in class (pretty dumb question, don't wanna sound mean), and he answered it happily, and explained it well since she did not understand the first time.

But.....a while ago, another girl from the class asked a dumb question about the work as well (a day before that), and he answered in an angry tone, claiming that she was suppose to know this already, and that he will not waste time explaining again.

Ok guys..let's do some math...20 questions, each question worth 5 points, correct? Yes. So my friend only got 16 questions right on a test, but she got a 90. Innocent mistake by the teacher? Perhaps, not sure though.

So my point is, I maybe just over think, but I know what I see. Most people would call me crazy, that the teacher just tries to be friendly with the student (notice, student, not students), but like I said, I know what I see everyday.

Overall, I don't want to start a situation in which would become awkward or lead into her saying ''Omg you're insane there's no way he thinks anything like that about me''.

Yea call me crazy, ok...but what ever...it's not like there was never a situation that related to what I just wrote.

What do you guys think (Sorry If I do not provide enough details, like I said, I don't want to be too specific).

Oh yea one thing I forgot to add that really pissed me off.

I was having a conversation with her the other day, and he just came and was like ''So what you guys are talking about?''
And from the inside I was like (dude..we're having a conversation here, do you mind?), but I just replied with a ''Nothing, just stuff''
And the motherfucker was like "Oh ok''. and fucking hellllll, he stayed there watching us. I swear to god I felt like punching him in the face. I mean really? You see two teenagers having a nice conversation, and you just coming to interrupt? What the fuck dude. (I just really hate when people do that)
(This post was last modified: 04-20-2013 12:19 PM by Reflect.)
04-20-2013 12:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Lime Offline
Revolutionary

Given 84 thank(s) in 47 post(s)

Quote:it's a girl
Yay baby announcement.

Sexual abuse is probably the one area where minors are aptly cared for. He probably can't touch her, presuming your intuition is correct, and if he did you could easily get his arse arrested.
(This post was last modified: 04-21-2013 01:05 AM by Lime.)
04-20-2013 01:11 PM
Reflect Offline
Rebel

Actually yea, he tapped her back once as a joke (like poked her from behind, but with his finger, and it was quick, not like a slow touching whole hand...).

Now let's be honest, how many teachers do that with their students? Especially teachers that aren't usually friendly.
(seriously, my school has some low life teachers, the expression on their face says ''kill me now''.

Like I said, I don't want to start an over dramatic situation. I'm afraid this might cause an embarrassing situation for my friend.
04-20-2013 09:03 PM
Lime Offline
Revolutionary

Given 84 thank(s) in 47 post(s)

Touching as in molestation, although anything of the groping sort will prove handy in a court too.
04-21-2013 01:06 AM
TheCancer Offline
Fanatic

Given 568 thank(s) in 340 post(s)
RE: Am I crazy or this might be real.?

You guys would have fit right in back in Salem.

If you want to be a different fish, you've got to jump out of the school.

Captain Beefheart
04-21-2013 02:06 AM
thewake Offline
Unconstructive

Given 296 thank(s) in 201 post(s)

Oh no he touched her back and she's a pretty girl and he's nice to her. Let's lynch him!

[Image: nAOqYk7.png]

[Image: USVWSwj.png]
04-21-2013 05:46 AM
 Thanks given by: no
IamNoone Offline
Pro Procrastinator

Given 63 thank(s) in 46 post(s)

(04-20-2013 12:14 PM)Reflect Wrote:  So this is gonna be kinda long. (can be quite entertaining...)

Hey, this doesn't have to do with anything on surviving school but I believe it some how relates? mhmhmhmh

So I have this teacher, and I some how feel like he's giving ummm...how to say it..special treatment to one of his students?

Ok, so he's a grown man (about his 40's), and the thing is, I have a friend in that class, who I must say is very pretty (it's a girl). And every time I see him talking to her as in kind of a flirting i suppose? Like talking to her in a calm flirty mood (I know what flirting is, and the way he looks at her...I hope you guys know what I'm talking about). About 90% of class time, he is near her, the rest of the time he stands next to the board, teaching. And I see every time how he approaches her and starts talking.

The thing is, the way he acts towards my friend (calm, nice, smiling) isn't the same way as he acts towards other students.

So one time, my friend asked him a question about the work he assigned to us in class (pretty dumb question, don't wanna sound mean), and he answered it happily, and explained it well since she did not understand the first time.

But.....a while ago, another girl from the class asked a dumb question about the work as well (a day before that), and he answered in an angry tone, claiming that she was suppose to know this already, and that he will not waste time explaining again.

Ok guys..let's do some math...20 questions, each question worth 5 points, correct? Yes. So my friend only got 16 questions right on a test, but she got a 90. Innocent mistake by the teacher? Perhaps, not sure though.

So my point is, I maybe just over think, but I know what I see. Most people would call me crazy, that the teacher just tries to be friendly with the student (notice, student, not students), but like I said, I know what I see everyday.

Overall, I don't want to start a situation in which would become awkward or lead into her saying ''Omg you're insane there's no way he thinks anything like that about me''.

Yea call me crazy, ok...but what ever...it's not like there was never a situation that related to what I just wrote.

What do you guys think (Sorry If I do not provide enough details, like I said, I don't want to be too specific).

I was having a conversation with her the other day, and he just came and was like ''So what you guys are talking about?''
And from the inside I was like (dude..we're having a conversation here, do you mind?), but I just replied with a ''Nothing, just stuff''
And the motherfucker was like "Oh ok''. and fucking hellllll, he stayed there watching us. I swear to god I felt like punching him in the face. I mean really? You see two teenagers having a nice conversation, and you just coming to interrupt? What the fuck dude. (I just really hate when people do that)

Lol you think this is bad?

I had a gym teacher that brought in these magnetic massagers once to help us in the flexibility test, and he literally asked every 5/10 + girl in the class if we would demonstrate on them.

But seriously, this is totally normal, most girls reciprocate this kind of stuff anyway, nothing to worry about.

The purpose of life is a life with a purpose
So I’d rather die for a cause than live a life that is worthless
I don’t need the circus or the day of national observance
I need you to think for you and stop being a servant
-Immortal Technique, The Martyr, The Martyr
04-21-2013 06:21 AM
Slick Offline
Shattered

Given 14 thank(s) in 10 post(s)

(04-21-2013 06:21 AM)IamNoone Wrote:  
(04-20-2013 12:14 PM)Reflect Wrote:  So this is gonna be kinda long. (can be quite entertaining...)

Lol you think this is bad?

I had a gym teacher that brought in these magnetic massagers once to help us in the flexibility test, and he literally asked every 5/10 + girl in the class if we would demonstrate on them.

But seriously, this is totally normal, most girls reciprocate this kind of stuff anyway, nothing to worry about.

Even if that's normal, it still sounds sexist with the possibility of being a predator.

Quote:Slick's Mental Health Status
[Image: Q9YKMxA.gif?1]
(This post was last modified: 04-21-2013 10:18 AM by Slick.)
04-21-2013 09:09 AM
Reflect Offline
Rebel

(04-21-2013 05:46 AM)Wes Wrote:  Oh no he touched her back and she's a pretty girl and he's nice to her. Let's lynch him!

Yep, because a teacher who's nicer to a pretty girl rather than other girls who aren't so attractive. COMPLETELY FUCKING NORMAL. Like I said, I know what I saw. And no, that's not normal. That teacher is a serious and work dedicated teacher in one moment, and then when he's around her he starts joking. LOL, totally normal right?
(This post was last modified: 04-21-2013 10:12 AM by Reflect.)
04-21-2013 10:10 AM