RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Human beings have to urinate and defecate
TheCancer Offline
Fanatic

Given 568 thank(s) in 340 post(s)

Teachers and administrators who don't let students go are idiots. You have to allocate time for such things. Also, sometimes kids just want to take a short walk around for the heck of it. So what?

If you want to be a different fish, you've got to jump out of the school.

Captain Beefheart
04-16-2013 10:08 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: SoulRiser , HawkbitAlpha , James Comey
AwesomeOpossum Offline
Wizard

Given 10 thank(s) in 7 post(s)

Most of the teachers at my school torture people by running water or making them solve some sort of mind game before they go. Also, I find it quite annoying when teachers say ,"You could have gone during lunch or passing period," most of the time they are incorrectly assuming that they had time to do it or had to go at that time.
04-16-2013 10:20 AM
 Thanks given by: NightHawk877 , HawkbitAlpha
TheCancer Offline
Fanatic

RE: Human beings have to urinate and defecate

Yeah that's crap. You have to go when you have to go. Plus, if everyone went during lunch the line would be 20 minutes long.

Captain Beefheart
04-16-2013 10:47 AM
 Thanks given by: NightHawk877 , HawkbitAlpha , The man
AwesomeOpossum Offline
Wizard

What's the harm of letting a student go to the bathroom anyways? My teachers are aloud to be late to their own class and they can leave the class to go to the bathroom, so why can't we?
04-16-2013 11:05 AM
 Thanks given by: HawkbitAlpha , The man
Lime Offline
Revolutionary

Given 84 thank(s) in 47 post(s)

I believe the passing period at my school is about 5 minutes. Most of this time is spent gathering my stuff and navigating the wonderfully crowded halls to the classroom. Should I go to the restroom, I'll often find it's crowded with people who are not even using it.
04-16-2013 12:28 PM
 Thanks given by: HawkbitAlpha
Dead Offline
Goon

Given 288 thank(s) in 176 post(s)

At the beginning of the year, we were each given a bathroom pass that we were only allowed to use four times throughout the entire year. But then, to make matters worse, the teachers are crazy strict with being to class on time, so if we were ever late, we had to use our pass. Luckily, my friend made a bunch of photocopies of her pass before she wrote anything on it, and has been selling them to our grade. And the teachers are too stupid to figure out what's going on.
04-16-2013 09:26 PM
AwesomeOpossum Offline
Wizard

My ceramics teacher wouldn't let a kid in my class use the bathroom and after talking to the teacher about why not - the teacher repeatedly saying manipulating and rude things to this kid-the kid got mad and started cussing, so the teacher gave him I.S.S. and he still didn't let the kid use the bathroom.
04-16-2013 11:28 PM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Given 1983 thank(s) in 1428 post(s)

I say if a teacher doesn't let you go to the bathroom when you have to go badly, take a piss in the trash bin!

Personality DNA Report
(06-14-2013 08:02 AM)Potato Wrote:  watch the fuq out, we've got an "intellectual" over here.

Hidden stuff:
[Image: watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme-240x180.png]
Brainiac3397's Mental Health Status Log Wrote:[Image: l0Iy5HKskJO5XD3Wg.gif]
04-16-2013 11:30 PM
 Thanks given by: NightHawk877 , HawkbitAlpha , The man
McGee! Offline
Defender of...

Given 10 thank(s) in 9 post(s)

Make a makeshift outhouse...

Seriously, though, high school students shouldn't have to declare it's an 'emergency'...or, more embarrasingly, if your teacher doen't believe you (and of course you are female) a 'feminie emergency'. Nobody needs to know about that.

Sociopath Wrote:
The Desert Fox Wrote:Colbert is awesome.
/threaditude.
Generation Y Cuban blog-English blog
Hidden stuff:
hewhodestroysall Wrote:Honestly I never figured the point of the esrb.
Point is you can't censor reality.
U.S. Supreme Court Justice Abe Fortas, Tinker v. Des Moines (1969) Wrote:In our system, state-operated schools may not be enclaves of totalitarianism. School officials do not possess absolute authority over their students. Students in school as well as out of school are "persons" under our Constitution."
Rebelnerd Wrote:Human rights are being violated by US law enforcement. This is what the media is here for, you're supposed to be the watchdogs! You're supposed to stand up for the downtrodden, not belittle them as though all their problems amount to nothing more than some angry glares toward parents and sabotaging their computers.
I've seen so much shit done to youth and for some reason, this has made me angrier than I've felt in years. Abuse and oppression happens all over the world. It's a terrible reality of modern society, but we've all accepted that it happens and we're doing what we can to fight it and build a better world.
But this...this mindless, condescending disrespect toward people who have no legal voice with which to defend themselves, this reduction of parents' betrayal into a cheap crack about kids being computer-savvy...it's like watching a surgeon joke about life insurance while his patient bleeds to death on the operating table. The media's job is to protect society from oppression and they've drawn a clear line between the people worth protecting and the people that don't matter. How can they people sleep at night?

You're a journalist. DO. YOUR. FUCKING. JOB.

(04-28-2010 08:17 AM)Liquid Wrote:  Laws never seem to help people fight School. Laws only matter if the students are braking them...

(12-03-2011 07:40 AM)SoulRiser Wrote:  Solution to all these problems: don't fuck people you can't negotiate with in a civilized manner.
(02-09-2012 02:14 PM)Absentinsomniac Wrote:  The only solution is democratic self-paced education where students can excel in what they are good at and work on what their not if necessary, AT THEIR OWN DAMN PACE IN THEIR OWN DAMN WAY.

Don't Board the Censor Ship
04-17-2013 05:41 AM
Alistoriv Offline
Sanity Not Included

Given 169 thank(s) in 114 post(s)

I hate this. Especially when they say you should have gone during lunch. Do you idiots not understand the human body? After we eat and drink, we are eventually going to have to go to the bathroom.

RIP GORE GOROTH
RIP SAINTVICIOUS
(03-20-2013 05:08 PM)brainiac3397 Wrote:  Stand up with pride and say "No! I will not be a McDonalds employee. I WILL BE A GARBAGE MAN!"

[Image: USVWSwj.png]
04-17-2013 06:28 AM
 Thanks given by: McGee! , HawkbitAlpha
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Given 1983 thank(s) in 1428 post(s)

The worst one I utterly despise is the "Why didn't you go before?".It's not like what I eat and drink goes from my mouth pass my intestines right into my rectum and bladder, contrary to seemingly popular belief.

Personality DNA Report
(06-14-2013 08:02 AM)Potato Wrote:  watch the fuq out, we've got an "intellectual" over here.

Hidden stuff:
[Image: watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme-240x180.png]
Brainiac3397's Mental Health Status Log Wrote:[Image: l0Iy5HKskJO5XD3Wg.gif]
04-17-2013 06:50 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

I actually managed to keep in all my pee and poo for the entire 6-7 hours I spent in prison.. . just so that I wouldn't have to ask to go. Probably unhealthy. .. people should just go as soon as they need to, ideally.

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
04-17-2013 11:27 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: The man
AwesomeOpossum Offline
Wizard

My kindergarten teacher said that when she was going to school that she decided to hold her pee in and ended up going to the hospital because she held it in for so long that her body literally wouldn't allow her to pee. Maybe she just made that up to scare five-year-old me....
04-17-2013 11:56 AM
Potato Offline
Pariah

Given 64 thank(s) in 50 post(s)

they torture you to make you understand how helpless you are.
04-17-2013 02:02 PM
Potato Offline
Pariah

Given 64 thank(s) in 50 post(s)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhYnouvrG_8
04-17-2013 02:03 PM
AnonBrony Offline
Rebel

Given 5 thank(s) in 4 post(s)

If the staff at my school wouldn't let me go to the toilet, I'd go anyway.

~Anon Brony
04-17-2013 05:26 PM
HawkbitAlpha Offline
Pariah

Given 95 thank(s) in 67 post(s)

[Image: h626A4BEE]

[Image: Can_5f99dd_801633.jpg]

Nuff said

RIP GWEDIN (2013-2017)
RIP URITIYOGI (2016-2017)
RIP NIGHT (2009-2017)
RIP VONUNOV (2008-2017)
RIP WES/THEWAKE (2007-2017)
RIP USERNAME (2013-2017)
RIP HAWKBIT (2013-2017)
RIP SS

"Write me a little report of [my video], so I know you watched it, or you get another warning. One of my other goals is to make this forum a bit of my own class...So, tell me, how you feel about the new rule of having you do homework? Or you get another warning. So, do you want to do this or not?...Please send a PM and tell me if you're willing or not. I will probably give you 24 hours to send the PM. No PM will indicate to me that, no, you don't want to do things in this new way. So, you will be saying goodbye."
-Stevehein, promise-maker and Führer moderator of SJW-Survival, 2017

Hidden stuff:
(This post was last modified: 04-17-2013 06:46 PM by HawkbitAlpha.)
04-17-2013 06:43 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: GamerGurl
TheCancer Offline
Fanatic

(04-17-2013 11:56 AM)AwesomeOpossum Wrote:  My kindergarten teacher said that when she was going to school that she decided to hold her pee in and ended up going to the hospital because she held it in for so long that her body literally wouldn't allow her to pee. Maybe she just made that up to scare five-year-old me....

A lot of teachers end up with bladder problems even though she was talking about her school days. What she is describing is real. Some people get shy bladder so badly that they get to the point where they can't even go when they're alone. Some people just can't go with others around and end up stretching their bladders out so they don't work right. It's hard for teachers because it can be hard to find time to go in some schools. I dislike when people think their bathroom experience should be universal. They think it takes me a minute to urinate so that's the case for everyone. Well, some people can't just go that easily. That's another reason why taking the whole class at once doesn't really work. I let every student go, one at a time, during class because I believe most people like a little privacy and to not have to rush. Some kids still complain at me though. They want to leave class three or four times. That'll get me fired though. I already get a bad rap for letting so many students out every time.

Captain Beefheart
04-17-2013 07:54 PM
Ami Offline
Renegade

Given 18 thank(s) in 13 post(s)

Which brings the question again (sorry if you answered it or can't be arsed): why be a teacher? Biggrin
04-17-2013 08:42 PM
Alistoriv Offline
Sanity Not Included

Given 169 thank(s) in 114 post(s)

(04-17-2013 11:27 AM)SoulRiser Wrote:  I actually managed to keep in all my pee and poo for the entire 6-7 hours I spent in prison.. . just so that I wouldn't have to ask to go. Probably unhealthy. .. people should just go as soon as they need to, ideally.
What were you doing in the slammer?

RIP GORE GOROTH
RIP SAINTVICIOUS
(03-20-2013 05:08 PM)brainiac3397 Wrote:  Stand up with pride and say "No! I will not be a McDonalds employee. I WILL BE A GARBAGE MAN!"

[Image: USVWSwj.png]
04-18-2013 07:12 AM
TheCancer Offline
Fanatic

(04-17-2013 08:42 PM)Ami Wrote:  Which brings the question again (sorry if you answered it or can't be arsed): why be a teacher? Biggrin

I receive a monthly compensation.

Captain Beefheart
04-18-2013 08:01 AM
Wolfie Offline
I'm a goofy goober.

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

My gym teacher didn't let me use the bathroom during lunch yesterday. He said I was breaking a 'no talking' rule. I had to wait to get back to class to ask my home room teacher.

[Image: 8727478.png] [Image: 22_zps6b092811.png] [Image: 2_zps1ef0debd.png]
04-18-2013 10:18 PM
Night Offline
Queen Mod

Given 372 thank(s) in 211 post(s)

This is why I liked alt ed. If you have had to use the bathroom or get a drink you didn't even have to ask you just got up and left. Sometimes they'd ask where you were going and you'd just say "bathroom" or "getting water" and they'd be all "ok"

But before alt ed I usually never actually ate lunch, I'd just hang out with friends and walk around school or whatever so I might use the bathroom then. But my teachers then also weren't too mean about using the bathroom.

And on a slightly unrelated but still somewhat related note: When I was in detention for violating my suspended order of detention I hate pee in a cup so they could do a drug test. But the thing was that same day I was taken to detention I smoked weed, literally I smoked, fell asleep, was waken up by police and taken to detention. And I managed to avoid a piss test the entire time I was there. >Biggrin

I'm a girl ffffeck
Hidden stuff:
04-19-2013 01:23 AM
Trar Away
R.I.P.

Given 189 thank(s) in 125 post(s)

I remember one time during 6th grade math (with my homeroom teacher) where a couple fellow workers (or students as they were called) asked to use the bathroom. I don't remember whether they were allowed to go or not, but it prompted an impromptu "lesson" about human biology involving a drawing of a bladder and a basic explanation of how it worked, and that if we needed to go we should have done it during break(10 minutes twice a day). Goddamnit if that wasn't patronizing I don't know what the fuck is.
04-19-2013 10:29 PM
TheCancer Offline
Fanatic

What makes me mad about that is the assumption that everyone's the same.

Captain Beefheart
04-20-2013 08:47 AM
 Thanks given by: SoulRiser , HawkbitAlpha , The man
Trekkie_Aspie Offline
Fanatic

Given 120 thank(s) in 87 post(s)

Yeah... it's dumb. Nope, it's not about 'discipline', it's not about you needing a certain level of 'respect', it's about a really basic, fundamental (as in ten-second google search basic) grounding in pshycology. What we usually mean by discipline is a respect of others, right?

[Image: 800px-Maslow%27s_Hierarchy_of_Needs.svg.png]

Look at that chart, you cannot get respect without letting people go to the bathroom as they please. Well, you could demand it but it would only be a house of cards.

Heck, you don't even need a ten-second grounding in pshycology just take a few seconds to think: Children and young people are not extraterrestrials. I can't concentrate on anything else when I have a full bladder. Therefore?

If I seem rude to you, please call me on it gently.
One thing (among many others) school couldn't teach you.

((Google Asperger's Syndrome))

stupid article
04-20-2013 10:36 PM
 Thanks given by: SoulRiser , The man
HawkbitAlpha Offline
Pariah

Given 95 thank(s) in 67 post(s)

Tell somebody who has a full bladder to pay attention...#logic

RIP GWEDIN (2013-2017)
RIP URITIYOGI (2016-2017)
RIP NIGHT (2009-2017)
RIP VONUNOV (2008-2017)
RIP WES/THEWAKE (2007-2017)
RIP USERNAME (2013-2017)
RIP HAWKBIT (2013-2017)
RIP SS

"Write me a little report of [my video], so I know you watched it, or you get another warning. One of my other goals is to make this forum a bit of my own class...So, tell me, how you feel about the new rule of having you do homework? Or you get another warning. So, do you want to do this or not?...Please send a PM and tell me if you're willing or not. I will probably give you 24 hours to send the PM. No PM will indicate to me that, no, you don't want to do things in this new way. So, you will be saying goodbye."
-Stevehein, promise-maker and Führer moderator of SJW-Survival, 2017

Hidden stuff:
04-21-2013 08:27 PM
Trekkie_Aspie Offline
Fanatic

Given 120 thank(s) in 87 post(s)

Thank you for so aptly demonstrating the point that teachers so often fail at. Hence, this.

If I seem rude to you, please call me on it gently.
One thing (among many others) school couldn't teach you.

((Google Asperger's Syndrome))

stupid article
04-21-2013 09:10 PM