RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An Introduction
AwesomeOpossum Offline
Wizard

Given 10 thank(s) in 7 post(s)
An Introduction

I joined this forum just a couple of days ago and I thought it was about time to introduce myself. I found this website about two years ago (when I was in the sixth grade) and I loved it instantaneously. I would spend hours just looking at the pranks over and over again. School was a living hell around that time so it was a big relief to know that there were other people like me. A year after I found this website I had so much homework and my grades were dropping so I hardly had time to get on here. That was the year that all of my friends ended up being the ones bullying me. After three months of this, I got accepted into a different, smaller school. I remember the week that I changed schools because this was the week when my "friend" tried to punch me in the face, kicked me, and deleted my school project. That was also around the time that I was being called "wormy" and "ringy" on account of me getting ring worm. At my new school my teacher was a jerk and she treated my class like kindergartners, all we ever did was measure shadows. This teacher began to hate me, so she made my life as terrible as she possibly could. I decided that the only way to escape these terrible schools was to skip a grade, so that's what I did. I'm currently in the ninth grade. So, I guess I've told you too much already, but that's me. Sorry for my dreadfully boring and unimportant post.
04-15-2013 11:01 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: SoulRiser
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Given 1983 thank(s) in 1428 post(s)
RE: An Introduction

We all have dreadfully boring and unimportant posts. Unfortunately, the sanity of your post is too high for my taste. But no worries, you shall soon fall into the rank of the insane. Welcome to SS!

GoingcrazyGoingcrazyGoingcrazyGoingcrazyGoingcrazyGoingcrazy

Personality DNA Report
(06-14-2013 08:02 AM)Potato Wrote:  watch the fuq out, we've got an "intellectual" over here.

Hidden stuff:
[Image: watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme-240x180.png]
Brainiac3397's Mental Health Status Log Wrote:[Image: l0Iy5HKskJO5XD3Wg.gif]
04-15-2013 11:40 PM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)
An Introduction

Hey, don't be too humble. That wasn't boring or unimportant.

Sounds like you've got a lot of shitty people around there. Hug

What do you do for fun?

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
04-16-2013 03:46 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
AwesomeOpossum Offline
Wizard

(04-16-2013 03:46 AM)SoulRiser Wrote:  What do you do for fun?

I enjoy reading and writing. I also love to draw and animate cartoons on the computer. I like to spend my time observing the imbeciles that surround me at school- including my teachers. If I wasn't forced to go to school I probably would know more about myself, but (for the time being) this is it.
04-16-2013 06:07 AM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

An Introduction

Say. These smilies are fun to watch...

Hidden stuff:
BounceyGoingcrazyGoingcrazyGoingcrazyBounceyGoingcrazyGoingcrazyGoingcrazyBounceyGoingcrazyGoingcrazyGoingcrazyBounceyGoingcrazyGoingcrazyGoingcrazyBounceyGoingcrazyGoingcrazyGoingcrazyBounceyGoingcrazyGoingcrazyGoingcrazyBounceyGoingcrazyGoingcrazyGoingcrazyBounceyGoingcrazyGoingcrazyGoingcrazyBounceyGoingcrazyGoingcrazyGoingcrazyBounceyGoingcrazyGoingcrazyGoingcrazyBounceyGoingcrazyGoingcrazyGoingcrazyBounceyGoingcrazyGoingcrazyGoingcrazyBounceyGoingcrazyGoingcrazyGoingcrazyBounceyGoingcrazyGoingcrazyGoingcrazyBounceyGoingcrazyGoingcrazyGoingcrazyBounceyGoingcrazyGoingcrazyGoingcrazyBounceyGoingcrazyGoingcrazyGoingcrazyBounceyGoingcrazyGoingcrazyGoingcrazyBounceyGoingcrazyGoingcrazyGoingcrazyBounceyGoingcrazyGoingcrazyGoingcrazyBounceyGoingcrazyGoingcrazyGoingcrazyBounceyGoingcrazyGoingcrazyGoingcrazyBouncey

Personality DNA Report
(06-14-2013 08:02 AM)Potato Wrote:  watch the fuq out, we've got an "intellectual" over here.

Hidden stuff:
04-16-2013 06:37 AM
AwesomeOpossum Offline
Wizard

(04-16-2013 06:37 AM)brainiac3397 Wrote:  Say. These smilies are fun to watch...

Looks like I've found myself a new hobby.
04-16-2013 07:24 AM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

An Introduction

It may be wise to disable smilies for my mental health, else I may sit here and stare at them all day.

Personality DNA Report

Hidden stuff:
04-17-2013 12:46 AM
AwesomeOpossum Offline
Wizard

(04-17-2013 12:46 AM)brainiac3397 Wrote:  It may be wise to disable smilies for my mental health, else I may sit here and stare at them all day.

If I could sit here and stare at them all day, I would. I would never leave my home or have to have social contact with anybody ever again, I would just stare at smilies all day.
04-17-2013 11:05 AM
Alistoriv Offline
Sanity Not Included

Given 169 thank(s) in 114 post(s)
An Introduction

Well hello, Opossum. You do appear a bit, sane... That should change soon enough, after you spend time with insufferable pricks like me.

RIP GORE GOROTH
RIP SAINTVICIOUS
(03-20-2013 05:08 PM)brainiac3397 Wrote:  Stand up with pride and say "No! I will not be a McDonalds employee. I WILL BE A GARBAGE MAN!"

[Image: USVWSwj.png]
04-18-2013 05:10 AM
AwesomeOpossum Offline
Wizard

(04-18-2013 05:10 AM)Alistoriv Wrote:  Well hello, Opossum. You do appear a bit, sane... That should change soon enough, after you spend time with insufferable pricks like me.

I'm not sane, not really. I like to act sane, but in all actuality I'm as crazy as the Mad Hatter. I get called insane, morbid, and cynical frequently and my English teacher says that I'm neurotic. I think the reason that I come across as sane is because I write all of the time so I try to make it look as....sane....as possible.
04-18-2013 07:37 AM
Heil_Kaiba8921 Offline
It's also a gun.

Given 109 thank(s) in 93 post(s)

What's your favorite movie?

Who's your favorite actor?

FINALLY! ANOTHER PERSON THAT READ THE PRANKS ON HERE! (that's how I found this site a couple years ago and most everybody else is here because they typed something along the lines of "school sucks" into Google)

The less you try to control things, the less you need to.

Boredom is the #1 enemy of learning. Therefore, school is the #1 enemy of learning.

"Bodies fucking fuck."~Night.Artist

[Image: 41433.png][Image: 14362714_1336391025.png]

Hidden stuff:
[Image: asschart.jpg]
Hidden stuff:

"free speech under the constitution only guarantees the government won't stop him saying it and does not guarantee his right to say things and have no consequences at all as a result. also i completely doubt that he is motivated solely by "i'm saying it because i can" and is probably motivated by a more shitheady motive like "i think it's funny to annoy people and Rustle Le Jimmies™ and is just hiding behind the first amendment to try to deflect any consequences or make you realize that being allowed to annoy people is a superior moral right. you can still disdain someone for doing things for dumbarse wankery purposes and you have evne more right to ban and insult them for it" ~Trar's friend about Potato.

Thanks for the diploma… can I have my childhood back?

I’d love to have a battle of wits with you… but I hate to fight the unarmed.
04-18-2013 07:56 AM
AwesomeOpossum Offline
Wizard

(04-18-2013 07:56 AM)Heil_Kaiba8921 Wrote:  What's your favorite movie?

FINALLY! ANOTHER PERSON THAT READ THE PRANKS ON HERE! (that's how I found this site a couple years ago and most everybody else is here because they typed something along the lines of "school sucks" into Google)
I did type in "I hate school", but the pranks are what kept me coming back to this site. I have a number of favorite movies including: Harry Potter (1-8), The Perks of Being a Wallflower, Mean Girls, Forrest Gump, and The Amazing Spiderman. My favorite actors and actresses are Tina Fey, Sarah Silverman, Shirley Temple, Jeremy Shada (for voice acting as Finn on Adventure Time), and that's all I can think of off of the top of my head.
04-18-2013 09:00 AM
Heil_Kaiba8921 Offline
It's also a gun.

(04-18-2013 09:00 AM)AwesomeOpossum Wrote:  

I did type in "I hate school", but the pranks are what kept me coming back to this site. I have a number of favorite movies including: Harry Potter (1-8), The Perks of Being a Wallflower, Mean Girls, Forrest Gump, and The Amazing Spiderman. My favorite actors and actresses are Tina Fey, Sarah Silverman, Shirley Temple, Jeremy Shada (for voice acting as Finn on Adventure Time), and that's all I can think of off of the top of my head.

I hate you now (only in this thread though, but my hate might sometimes leak out into other threads...mainly ones that are in the basement because that's like 4chan down there, only less gore and mor ehate) beacuse you like the kinds of people I don't (logic right?)

Boredom is the #1 enemy of learning. Therefore, school is the #1 enemy of learning.

Hidden stuff:
Hidden stuff:

"free speech under the constitution only guarantees the government won't stop him saying it and does not guarantee his right to say things and have no consequences at all as a result. also i completely doubt that he is motivated solely by "i'm saying it because i can" and is probably motivated by a more shitheady motive like "i think it's funny to annoy people and Rustle Le Jimmies™ and is just hiding behind the first amendment to try to deflect any consequences or make you realize that being allowed to annoy people is a superior moral right. you can still disdain someone for doing things for dumbarse wankery purposes and you have evne more right to ban and insult them for it" ~Trar's friend about Potato.

04-19-2013 12:01 AM
AwesomeOpossum Offline
Wizard

(04-19-2013 12:01 AM)Heil_Kaiba8921 Wrote:  
(04-18-2013 09:00 AM)AwesomeOpossum Wrote:  

I hate you now (only in this thread though, but my hate might sometimes leak out into other threads...mainly ones that are in the basement because that's like 4chan down there, only less gore and mor ehate) beacuse you like the kinds of people I don't (logic right?)
I'm okay with that, I'm sure that there are many people in the world who despise me and I hate people in general (sorry people).
04-19-2013 07:35 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)
An Introduction

I don't think he really meant he actually hates you. Razz

Did you actually try some pranks?

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
04-19-2013 08:39 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
AwesomeOpossum Offline
Wizard

(04-19-2013 08:39 AM)SoulRiser Wrote:  Did you actually try some pranks?

I always intended to, but I haven't had the guts. I think I tried a few, but this year is the only year where I have had enough of a lack of supervision that I can try more. I intend to go in with an army of pranks and bombard my teachers with them, specifically my English teacher who thinks that ruining kids' self esteem is the same as trying to get them to do better. He is so closed minded but he loves it when students debate with him, but I'm the only one who ever even puts up an intelligent debate. I grill him on a daily basis.
04-19-2013 08:52 AM
Heil_Kaiba8921 Offline
It's also a gun.

I don't actually hate you, but I'm going to criticize you, only as side notes and "P.S.'s" though, until this thread is abandoned.

P.S. Adventure Time sucks because they only use recent jokes (which mainly consist of farts) and I didn't see any old style cartoon comedy in the few episode clips I've seen.

Hidden stuff:
Hidden stuff:

04-19-2013 02:11 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  introduction WiseOne 9 3,842 06-12-2017 06:41 PM
Last Post: the Analogist
  My Introduction HSHARK 9 2,956 04-07-2016 11:50 AM
Last Post: schoolsux
  Introduction Dmytro Dragon 10 3,434 07-11-2015 07:01 AM
Last Post: Dikont5
  Introduction Sammy Xia 3 2,228 06-02-2015 12:31 PM
Last Post: TheEnigma