RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blacked out at school
Dead Offline
Goon

Given 288 thank(s) in 176 post(s)
Blacked out at school

Today, I woke up in the corner of the bathroom at school. All the lights were off so I didn't know where I was and I couldn't remember anything so I freaked out for a couple minutes until I finally found the light switch. I looked in the mirror and my nose was bleeding and my face was bruised. I don't remember what happened; all I remember is walking to the bathroom during lunch and then everything after that is just blank. I didn't really know what to do so I just went to the nurse's where she freaked out and called my mom. My mom didn't care. The nurse just stopped the bleeding and asked me if I was ok, then she told me to go to guidance, guidance asked me who did it, I said I don't remember, guidance accused me of lying, blah blah blah.

Anyway, I'm guessing that I probably got punched and then I blacked out. Of course, the school doesn't have cameras, so they can't figure out who did it. Awesome.
04-06-2013 05:10 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Given 1983 thank(s) in 1428 post(s)
Blacked out at school

I smell an ambush. Prepare to mobilize monsieur, it's time to hunt down your attacker and rain down hell upon his sorry ass.

Climb up onto a table in the cafeteria during lunch and shout "Which cowardly bitch attacked me? Stand up and fight like a man you gutless, dickless, pansy, sissy, spineless, chicken, pussy, asshole, wimp, yellow belly pig! I'll tear your eyes out and SHOVE THEM INTO YOUR SKULL!"

On the serious side, threaten to sue the school till they find who did it, then call the cops on the sucker. It might be seen as cowardly but you can enjoy his insults while he yells them from the backseat of a police cruiser with his hands cuffed. This is some serious stuff and requires you to rain fire from the heavens!
[Image: img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=8000295]

Personality DNA Report
(06-14-2013 08:02 AM)Potato Wrote:  watch the fuq out, we've got an "intellectual" over here.

Hidden stuff:
[Image: watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme-240x180.png]
Brainiac3397's Mental Health Status Log Wrote:[Image: l0Iy5HKskJO5XD3Wg.gif]
04-06-2013 05:59 AM
thewake Offline
Unconstructive

Given 296 thank(s) in 201 post(s)
Blacked out at school

My guess is that you were abducted by...

[Image: aliens-meme.jpeg]

[Image: nAOqYk7.png]

[Image: USVWSwj.png]
04-06-2013 06:08 AM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Blacked out at school

Wes may have a point as well. Aliens with a bathroom fetish gotcha. Do you, by any chance, remember a feeling of weightlessness? Smile

Personality DNA Report
(06-14-2013 08:02 AM)Potato Wrote:  watch the fuq out, we've got an "intellectual" over here.

Hidden stuff:
04-06-2013 06:57 AM
Dead Offline
Goon

RE: Blacked out at school

(04-06-2013 06:57 AM)brainiac3397 Wrote:  Wes may have a point as well. Aliens with a bathroom fetish gotcha. Do you, by any chance, remember a feeling of weightlessness? Smile

Haha no, not really.
04-06-2013 07:43 AM
thewake Offline
Unconstructive

Given 296 thank(s) in 201 post(s)
Blacked out at school

Did you have a feeling of "oh fuck?"

[Image: nAOqYk7.png]

[Image: USVWSwj.png]
04-06-2013 07:46 AM
Dead Offline
Goon

(04-06-2013 07:46 AM)Wes Wrote:  Did you have a feeling of "oh fuck?"

Yeah.
04-06-2013 07:54 AM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Blacked out at school

Interesting that you don't remember anything. I once passed out(took in a deep breath and a sudden hiccup happened and placed sudden pressure on my vagus nerve, causing an abrupt drop in blood pressure. Or something close to that) but I still remember remembering what happened a second before it was lights out(though it was already lights out, which led to confusion as I wondered what the hell I was doing on the floor when I was walking to bed a second).

It takes a lot to actually knock a person out, contrary to what you see in movies. It either requires a very hard and precise strike in certain locations, or a few continued strikes. Are you sure you just didn't blackout because of something else and smash your nose and face onto the floor or sink or wall or something?

As far as I know, to punch someone into a blackout requires a strike that'll cause a violent "head-jerk" that will lead to your brain in striking the side of your skull, thus causing said blackout. But then again such a violent hit tends not to go unnoticed, seeing that the person hitting you will need to "prepare" for the hit unless he's the hulk(which shouldn't go unnoticed either).

Your memory loss is probably temporary from getting your brain knocked around. You'll start to remember soon enough.

Then again I'm no doctor or psychologist or neurologist. I'm just a curious intellectual with a broad general knowledge Razz

Personality DNA Report

Hidden stuff:
(This post was last modified: 04-06-2013 08:20 AM by brainiac3397.)
04-06-2013 08:20 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)
Blacked out at school

You might have a concussion or something... that sounds like a pretty hard bump.

Got any enemies?

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
04-06-2013 08:55 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dead Offline
Goon

(04-06-2013 08:20 AM)brainiac3397 Wrote:  Are you sure you just didn't blackout because of something else and smash your nose and face onto the floor or sink or wall or something?

It wouldn't surprise me. I'm pretty clumsy, actually, and had to go to the ER for accidentally banging my head on a rock once...

(04-06-2013 08:20 AM)brainiac3397 Wrote:  Your memory loss is probably temporary from getting your brain knocked around. You'll start to remember soon enough.

I hope so. :/
04-06-2013 09:29 AM
Dead Offline
Goon

(04-06-2013 08:55 AM)SoulRiser Wrote:  Got any enemies?

The whole school. Ok, there is one person who I hang out with, the girl I was talking about a while back, but everyone else hates me.
04-06-2013 09:31 AM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Blacked out at school

How did you manage to get everyone to hate you?

Personality DNA Report

Hidden stuff:
04-06-2013 06:58 PM
xcriteria Offline
Fanatic

Given 930 thank(s) in 612 post(s)
Blacked out at school

It sounds like you might have had a grand mal seizure. That's a lot more probable than someone knocking you out without you remembering.

I'm surprised the nurse didn't think of that. You may want to go to a doctor and get an EEG, or at least raise the possibility with your parents and the school in case it happens again.

If it was some kind of attack, you probably would have remembered being struck. Read up on seizures and see what you think.

(I had a seizure one time... basically caused by dehydration and lack of sleep. One minute I was getting groceries in a store, and the next thing I remember was waking up to paramedics taking me out of there. It's common after seizures to fall asleep and not wake up until later. I had a gash on my scalp from where I probably hit a shelf, and I wasn't fully conscious until I was in the hospital.)

http://firstaid.about.com/od/strokesseiz...mptoms.htm
"After the seizure stops, the patient will be completely unresponsive -- like he or she is sleeping and won't wake up -- gradually becoming fully awake. It may take minutes to hours for the patient to begin to recover, and often can take hours to recover completely."
(This post was last modified: 04-06-2013 10:37 PM by xcriteria.)
04-06-2013 10:34 PM
 Thanks given by: Alistoriv
Dead Offline
Goon

(04-06-2013 10:34 PM)xcriteria Wrote:  It sounds like you might have had a grand mal seizure. That's a lot more probable than someone knocking you out without you remembering.

I'm surprised the nurse didn't think of that. You may want to go to a doctor and get an EEG, or at least raise the possibility with your parents and the school in case it happens again.

If it was some kind of attack, you probably would have remembered being struck. Read up on seizures and see what you think.

(I had a seizure one time... basically caused by dehydration and lack of sleep. One minute I was getting groceries in a store, and the next thing I remember was waking up to paramedics taking me out of there. It's common after seizures to fall asleep and not wake up until later. I had a gash on my scalp from where I probably hit a shelf, and I wasn't fully conscious until I was in the hospital.)

http://firstaid.about.com/od/strokesseiz...mptoms.htm
"After the seizure stops, the patient will be completely unresponsive -- like he or she is sleeping and won't wake up -- gradually becoming fully awake. It may take minutes to hours for the patient to begin to recover, and often can take hours to recover completely."

You're probably right. The only reason I thought that I was attacked is because of being threatened a couple times, which has made me paranoid. I just thought that I forgot who it was from blacking out, but I would have remembered by now. Thinking about it now, it couldn't have been an attack; someone would have heard it, the music room is right across the hallway. Besides, I know that I don't sleep, drink, or eat enough. I can only sleep for 3-4 hours a day, I only remember to drink until my throat is dry, and I don't have any appetite so I don't really eat much, I force myself to eat dinner though. So those things could have caused it.
04-07-2013 01:35 AM
Dead Offline
Goon

(04-06-2013 06:58 PM)brainiac3397 Wrote:  How did you manage to get everyone to hate you?

Here's a list of reasons why everyone says they hate me:
"I don't play any sports" (not my fault I suck)
"I suck at math" (not my fault it doesn't make any sense to me)
"My clothes" (sorry that I don't wear $100 jeans)
"I've never had a girlfriend" (I'm only 13 though)
"I don't have a lot of money" (so what?)
"I only hang out with girls" (well I only have one friend, and she happens to be a girl, so when I sit with her at lunch, she has her other friends with her, what am I supposed to do? say go away?)
"The music I listen to" (I listen to rock, what's so bad about that?)
"I have glasses" (yes and I fucking hate them, but my insurance doesn't cover contacts)
"I don't do my homework" (I'm not going to spend 4 hours a night doing pointless, bullshit work)
"My hair" (no comment)

I made the quotes red because I just thought it made it a lot easier to read.
04-07-2013 01:54 AM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Blacked out at school

1-Stupid people
2-Stupid people
3-Stupid people
4-I don't have a girlfriend either. Nothing I can do about it, hard to find one I like. Too many idiotic or boring ones. Plus I don't really like what's available in my age group.
5-Stupid people
6-And? I wouldn't mind hanging out with the opposite sex. Maybe you just like women...
7-Stupid people with no taste in music(I listen to rock,metal,techno,classical,symphonic rock, good rap etc). You should check out symphonic rock, David Garrett. It's mix of classical and rock songs, pretty good stuff in my opinion
8-So? millions of people have glasses. Stupid people.
9-I don't do my homework either. Stupid people
10-Stupid People

As you can see, stupid people tops the list more than once. Unfortunately I think being 13 means you get to spend some more time with some more stupid people till you graduate. You will then find lesser stupid people, but still stupid people. At least these stupid people will leave you alone more or less. Then you will get a job with a bit less stupid people. Basically you will have to be stuck with stupid people till death(Chances are you'll die because of a stupid person if not natural).

Personality DNA Report

Hidden stuff:
04-07-2013 03:35 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

Given 1469 thank(s) in 972 post(s)
Blacked out at school

Given the reasons people seem to hate you, I'm far more likely to laugh at all of them combined than you.

Public Service Announcement: First world problems are still problems.
04-07-2013 07:21 AM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Who said people hate me? Biggrin

Its a very strange case for me. I hate people but people seem to like me(or become real curious).

(I hate people in general. But individually it varies. It simply means I'll be cold and suspicious of you before I decide there is a reason to like,use and/or respect you)

Personality DNA Report

Hidden stuff:
04-07-2013 07:31 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

Given 1469 thank(s) in 972 post(s)
Blacked out at school

I wasn't talking to you, brainiac.

Public Service Announcement: First world problems are still problems.
04-07-2013 07:49 AM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Oh i see. *whistles and slowly walks away*

Personality DNA Report

Hidden stuff:
04-07-2013 07:50 AM
EntityCubed Offline
Back In Black

Given 39 thank(s) in 27 post(s)

(04-06-2013 05:10 AM)Dead Wrote:  Today, I woke up in the corner of the bathroom at school. All the lights were off so I didn't know where I was and I couldn't remember anything so I freaked out for a couple minutes until I finally found the light switch. I looked in the mirror and my nose was bleeding and my face was bruised. I don't remember what happened; all I remember is walking to the bathroom during lunch and then everything after that is just blank. I didn't really know what to do so I just went to the nurse's where she freaked out and called my mom. My mom didn't care. The nurse just stopped the bleeding and asked me if I was ok, then she told me to go to guidance, guidance asked me who did it, I said I don't remember, guidance accused me of lying, blah blah blah.

Anyway, I'm guessing that I probably got punched and then I blacked out. Of course, the school doesn't have cameras, so they can't figure out who did it. Awesome.

The teachers will probably care only about how fast you can come back to class.

"It does a fool no good to spend money on an education. Why? Because he has no common sense."-George Bush
04-09-2013 09:15 AM
sea horse Offline
Defiant

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)
Blacked out at school

I sometimes fall asleep in the library while I am supposed to be having my lunch (I don't eat or go to the restroom) I wish I could leave 1 hour earlier.
04-14-2013 02:21 AM
awevsdv Offline
Wasteland Style

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)
Blacked out at school

Do any of you guys go blind and light-headed whenever you get up too quickly from sitting or laying down for a long period of time? I get that all the time, sometimes I faint. But it actually feels pretty good, even if I do faint, I get euphoric and I feel refreshed from daily hardships. I call it BRM (bullshit response mechanism)
04-14-2013 04:06 AM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Blacked out at school

It's called low blood pressure(from what I've learned). Kind of happens when you go from relaxed resting to abrupt standing. It'll usually happen to everyone in the right circumstances, hence the reason you shouldn't fly out of your seat unless there's a government attack helicopter ready to fire a missile into your room.

Personality DNA Report

Hidden stuff:
04-14-2013 04:24 AM
Thought Criminal Offline
Frame 313

Given 106 thank(s) in 80 post(s)

Did you get probed?
04-14-2013 01:00 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Blacked out at school

Do you recall liquid leaking from any orifice of your body?

Personality DNA Report

Hidden stuff:
04-14-2013 09:54 PM
Sunbourn Offline
Proud crazy cat man

Given 289 thank(s) in 192 post(s)

(04-14-2013 04:06 AM)RumbleGerm Wrote:  Do any of you guys go blind and light-headed whenever you get up too quickly from sitting or laying down for a long period of time? I get that all the time, sometimes I faint. But it actually feels pretty good, even if I do faint, I get euphoric and I feel refreshed from daily hardships. I call it BRM (bullshit response mechanism)

I don't go blind, but I do become light-headed and I see a lot of excess green in my field of vision. It's perfectly normal to feel light-headed when you get up suddenly, so don't sweat it.

Who am I? Who are YOU?
04-15-2013 02:41 AM
Dead Offline
Goon

(04-14-2013 01:00 PM)Thought Criminal Wrote:  Did you get probed?

Lol no
04-15-2013 03:58 AM
Dead Offline
Goon

(04-14-2013 09:54 PM)brainiac3397 Wrote:  Do you recall liquid leaking from any orifice of your body?

No, not really. I still don't remember much, or figured out what happened. I want to go to the hospital so they can figure out what happened but no one will bring me.
04-15-2013 03:59 AM
Lime Offline
Revolutionary

Given 84 thank(s) in 47 post(s)

(04-14-2013 04:24 AM)brainiac3397 Wrote:  It's called low blood pressure(from what I've learned). Kind of happens when you go from relaxed resting to abrupt standing. It'll usually happen to everyone in the right circumstances, hence the reason you shouldn't fly out of your seat unless there's a government attack helicopter ready to fire a missile into your room.
The medical term is orthostatic hypotension. In most cases it's simply dizzying and annoying, although occasionally my vision gets filled with rainbow dots to the point where I can only see a fraction of what's ahead of me. I also recall fainting from it once - tried to get up, found my limbs wouldn't respond (the sight blurring was also practically complete), and then blacked out for a split second. Then I got up like nothing ever happened and proceeded to continue chipping away at my boring homework.
04-16-2013 12:45 PM